rene

Syria

Oh if Assad wins more than 50,000 will die annually. He'll kill the men and women that opposed him and their children too. That's how dictators work. There will be some "rumors" about the mass executions, but nothing will be known for sure until a few years later when Assad has passed and the new regime starts digging up the mass graves. But we can rest in good conscience knowing that we did our part in the conflict. I mean what do we stand to gain from going there? There's no oil, no resources, only people dying because they want an end to fear.

The Syrian regime was one of the most brutal on the planet. One of the incidents that sparked the revolution was the secret police's arrest of a 13 year old boy who was castrated and tortured to death before being returned to his mother. That just tells you how much authority they believed they had, they castrated the boy, tortured him til he was unrecognizable, then returned to his parents without any worry about any repercussions. This is the government we're talking about. They did these kinds of things daily before the war.

I gaurantee if this was happening in Germany, France, or some other Christian country, to Christians, we would've finished it by now, but because they're muslim and arabic, we simply don't care.

Turtle Shell, if my brother and a stranger were both in danger, I would rescue the stranger, because I know my brother wouldn't forgive me if I rescued him and let some innocent person die.

Oh, by the way, that boy was sent to the store by his mother to pick up food for dinner. He just happened to be passing by a place where there were protests. When the government starts picking up your children and killing them, I'm sure you'll have the same feelings.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

Its not about saving a stranger instead of your brother. Its about killing a stranger because someone was cruel to another stranger.

We can kill 5, 10, 20,000 people to avenge that boy's castration. We can do it in a day, even an hour. Our missiles or our soldiers on the ground are not going to work magic; they'll kill Syrians, lots of them. Sadly we'll end up killing far more civilians then soldiers, maybe 10 to 1. Its the perversity of modern intra city warfare compounded by unintended consequences.

Civil wars are ugly. People deserve freedom. Assad is a brutal dictator. What we all want is clear. But the path there, that's real hard.

Turtle Shell, if my brother and a stranger were both in danger, I would rescue the stranger, because I know my brother wouldn't forgive me if I rescued him and let some innocent person die.

Interesting point of view; thanks.

Who is going to hold the USA + close "All lies" accountable?

Agent Orange?

agent_orange_epandage.jpg

Agent-orange-dead-deformed-babies.jpg

Depleted Uranium Ammunition?

Indiscriminate killing of civilians / drone and air strikes?

White Phosphours used by Israel on Palestinians

_46061574_007651442-1.jpg

Use of Atomic weapons

h29_19773763.jpg

US and UK war crimes go back 100+ years with international banks pulling the strings

The Rothschilds

"The few who understand the system, will either be so interested from it's profits or so dependant on it's favors, that there will be no opposition from that class." — Rothschild Brothers of London, 1863

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

These people have orchestrated the deaths of 100s of millions of people

FollowTheMoney-Bank-Pyramid.jpg

///

Who is going to stop the infanticide in the USA... since the 1970s 54 million!! babies have be murdered

///

US gov agencies have revealed 98 million Americans were injected with live cancer virus...

1 in 50 children born today in the US has Autism...

US government which includes the medical/pharma and petrochemical corps are using subtle methods of biological, chemical + psychological warfare on it's own population 24/7 - similar is happening in most of the western world... + in "humanitarian" efforts in other parts of the world.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Senators and Congressmen

"Most Americans have no real understanding of the operation of the international money lenders. The accounts of the Federal Reserve System have never been audited. It operates outside the control of Congress and manipulates the credit of the United States" —
Sen. Barry Goldwater (Rep. AR)

"This [Federal Reserve Act] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President [Wilson} signs this bill, the invisible government of the monetary power will be legalized....the worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency bill." —
Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. , 1913

"From now on, depressions will be scientifically created." —
Congressman Charles A.

Lindbergh Sr. , 1913

"The financial system has been turned over to the Federal Reserve Board. That Board as ministers the finance system by authority of a purely profiteering group. The system is Private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits from the use of other people's money" --
Charles A. Lindbergh Sr., 1923

"The Federal Reserve bank buys government bonds without one penny..." —
Congressman
Wright Patman, Congressional Record, Sept 30, 1941

"We have, in this country, one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board. This evil institution has impoverished the people of the United States and has practically bankrupted our government. It has done this through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it". —
Congressman Louis T. McFadden in 1932 (Rep. Pa)

"The Federal Reserve banks are one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever seen.

There is not a man within the sound of my voice who does not know that this nation is run by the

International bankers —
Congressman Louis T. McFadden (Rep. Pa)

"Some people think the Federal Reserve Banks are the United States government's institutions.

They are not government institutions. They are private credit monopolies which prey upon the people of the United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign swindlers" —
Congressional
Record 12595-12603 — Louis T. McFadden, Chairman of the Committee on Banking and
Currency (12 years) June 10, 1932

"I have never seen more Senators express discontent with their jobs....I think the major cause is that, deep down in our hearts, we have been accomplices in doing something terrible and unforgivable to our wonderful country. Deep down in our heart, we know that we have given our children a legacy of bankruptcy. We have defrauded our country to get ourselves elected." —
John Danforth (R-Mo)

"These 12 corporations together cover the whole country and monopolize and use for private gain every dollar of the public currency..." —
Mr. Crozier of Cincinnati, before Senate Banking and Currency Committee - 1913

"The [Federal Reserve Act] as it stands seems to me to open the way to a vast inflation of the currency... I do not like to think that any law can be passed that will make it possible to submerge the gold standard in a flood of irredeemable paper currency." —
Henry Cabot Lodge Sr., 1913

From the Federal Reserves Own Admissions

"When you or I write a check there must be sufficient funds in out account to cover the check,

but when the Federal Reserve writes a check there is no bank deposit on which that check is drawn. When the Federal Reserve writes a check, it is creating money." —
Putting it simply, Boston Federal Reserve Bank

"Neither paper currency nor deposits have value as commodities, intrinsically, a 'dollar' bill is just

a piece of paper. Deposits are merely book entries." —
Modern Money Mechanics Workbook,

Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, 1975

"The Federal Reserve system pays the U.S. Treasury 020.60 per thousand notes --a little over

2 cents each-- without regard to the face value of the note. Federal Reserve Notes, incidentally, are the only type of currency now produced for circulation. They are printed exclusively by the Treasury's Bureau of Engraving and Printing, and the $20.60 per thousand price reflects the Bureau's full cost of production. Federal Reserve Notes are printed in 01, 02, 05, 10, 20, 50, and 100 dollar denominations only; notes of 500, 1000, 5000, and 10,000 denominations were last printed in 1945." —
Donald J. Winn, Assistant to the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve system

"We are completely dependant on the commercial banks. Someone has to borrow every dollar

we have in circulation, cash or credit. If the banks create ample synthetic money we are prosperous; if not, we starve. We are absolutely without a permanent money system.... It is the most important subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it becomes widely understood and the defects remedied very soon." —
Robert H. Hamphill, Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank

The Money Power! It is the greatest power on earth; and it is arrayed against Labour. No other power that is or ever was can be named with it... it attacks us through the Press - a monster with a thousand lying tongues, a beast surpassing in foulness any conceived by the mythology that invented dragons, were wolves, harpies, ghouls and vampires. It thunders against us from innumerable platforms and ,Yes, so far as we are concerned, the headquarters of the Money Power is Britain. But the Money Power is not a British institution; it is cosmopolitan. It is of no nationality, but of all nationalities. It dominates the world. The Money Power has corrupted the faculties of the human soul, and tampered with the sanity of the human intellect... Editorial from 1907 edition of The Brisbane Worker (Australia)

From General Law

"The entire taxing and monetary systems are hereby placed under the U.C.C. (Uniform

Commercial Code)" —
The Federal Tax Lien Act of 1966

"There is a distinction between a 'debt discharged' and a debt 'paid'. When discharged, the debt

still exists though divested of it's charter as a legal obligation during the operation of the discharge, something of the original vitality of the debt continues to exist, which may be transferred, even though the transferee takes it subject to it's disability incident to the discharge." —
Stanek vs. White, 172 Minn.390, 215 N.W. 784

"The Federal Reserve Banks are not federal instrumentalities..." —
Lewis vs. United States

9th Circuit 1992

"The regional Federal Reserve banks are not government agencies. ...but are independent,

privately owned and locally controlled corporations." —
Lewis vs. United States, 680 F. 2d 1239

9th Circuit 1982

Past Presidents, not including the Founding Fathers

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and

commerce." —
James A. Garfield, President of the United States

"A great industrial nation is controlled by it's system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the world--no longer a government of free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of dominant men." —
President Woodrow Wilson

Founding Father's Quotes on Banking (Maybe some repeats from "Founding Father's Quotes" / Information tends to converge)

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.

Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The

issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to

whom it properly belongs." —
Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President.

"If Congress has the right [it doesn't] to issue paper money [currency], it was given to them to be used by...[the government] and not to be delegated to individuals or corporations" —
President Andrew Jackson
, Vetoed Bank Bill of 1836

"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance." —
James Madison

Misc. Sources

"Banks lend by creating credit. They create the means of payment out of nothing" — Ralph M.
Hawtrey, Secretary of the British Treasury

"To expose a 15 Trillion dollar rip-off of the American people by the stockholders of the 1000
largest corporations over the last 100 years will be a tall order of business." — Buckminster Fuller

"Every Congressman, every Senator knows precisely what causes inflation...but can't, [won't]
support the drastic reforms to stop it [repeal of the Federal Reserve Act] because it could cost him his job." — Robert A. Heinlein, Expanded Universe

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." — Henry Ford

"[Every circulating FRN] represents a one dollar debt to the Federal Reserve system." — Money
Facts, House Banking and Currency Committee

"...the increase in the assets of the Federal Reserve banks from 143 million dollars in 1913 to
45 billion dollars in 1949 went directly to the private stockholders of the [federal reserve] banks." — Eustace Mullins

"As soon as Mr. Roosevelt took office, the Federal Reserve began to buy government securities
at the rate of ten million dollars a week for 10 weeks, and created one hundred million dollars in new [checkbook] currency, which alleviated the critical famine of money and credit, and the factories
started hiring people again." — Eustace Mullins

"Should government refrain from regulation (taxation), the worthlessness of the money becomes apparent and the fraud can no longer be concealed." — John Maynard Keynes, "Consequences of Peace."

"The modern Banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. Banks can in fact inflate, mint and unmint the modern ledger-entry currency." — MAJOR L .L. B. ANGUS:

"While boasting of our noble deeds were careful to conceal the ugly fact that by an iniquitous money system we have nationalized a system of oppression which, though more refined, is not less cruel than the old system of chattel slavery. — Horace Greeley

051-051-JesusCleansingTheTemple-full.jpg

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

I don't know if it's just me, but these pictures of deformed children and infants are not cool. I think we can make our points without that.

Let's go fix north Korea too.

Its not about saving a stranger instead of your brother. Its about killing a stranger because someone was cruel to another stranger.

We can kill 5, 10, 20,000 people to avenge that boy's castration. We can do it in a day, even an hour. Our missiles or our soldiers on the ground are not going to work magic; they'll kill Syrians, lots of them. Sadly we'll end up killing far more civilians then soldiers, maybe 10 to 1. Its the perversity of modern intra city warfare compounded by unintended consequences.

Civil wars are ugly. People deserve freedom. Assad is a brutal dictator. What we all want is clear. But the path there, that's real hard.

Let's go fix north Korea too.

What?? You either didn't read or can't comprehend what I wrote. Did you think I meant we should attack Syria? Have you read anything I've written here? Apparently not.

Did others misunderstand? My point is our attack would make things worse. I thought it'd be clear to any one who'd been reading here.

To illustrate here's an article from CNN: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/04/syrian-wars-got-religion-and-that-aint-good/?iid=article_sidebar

The problem is its not as clear cut as good guys vs bad guys. You have the Christian population thats pro Assad to protect them against Islamists. You have Alawites and many Sunni who against Assad and as foreign fighters came in went back to him.

Let me quote a little of the article above:

"..If we come and and give one group a total win, we may be setting up an ethnic cleansing," Landis said.

The situation is Syria is fairly fluid, with lots of conflicting reports and shifting alliances, but here is our breakdown of the religious groups at war and a bit of background on their beliefs.

Alawites

This small, secretive sect makes up just 12% of the Syrian population, but members have held prominent seats of power since the 1970s. Why? Because the ruling Assad family is Alawi.

Alawites consider themselves Muslims, but most mainstream Muslims call them heretics. Among the reasons: They believe that Ali, the Prophet Muhammad's cousin and son-in-law, is divine.

They've been ostracized almost since their 9th-century founding, so they keep many of their core beliefs secret. During the Ottoman Empire, they were not allowed to testify in court, Landis said.

"It was assumed they would lie, because the God they professed was man-made," he said.

In the 1970s, Hafez al-Assad, Bashar's father, built a brutal security force with fellow Alawites. They were the fingers of his iron fist.

Despite that, many Alawites initially joined the uprising against Bashar al-Assad, calling for greater freedom and government transparency.

As the conflict progressed, however, Sunni rebels targeted Alawite communities, pushing them back into Assad's arms.

To give you some sense of how some Syrian Sunnis feel about Alawites, here's what Adnan Anour, a cleric who fled to Saudi Arabia, has said: "As for those Alawites who violate what is sacred, when the Muslims rule and are the majority of 85%, we will chop you up and feed you to the dogs."

Shiites

In May it appeared the rebels had the momentum and Assad's fall was just days away. Then Hezbollah, a Lebanese militant group, announced that it was joining the fray, and backing Assad.

Within weeks, this fierce group, led by Hassan Nasrallah, had managed to wrestle key cities from rebel control, turning the war's tide.

There aren't many Shiites in Syria, but the Assads courted them from neighboring Iran, Iraq and Lebanon, allowing them to build major shrines to the faith's founders in Syrian cities.

The strategy seems to have worked.

When Sunni rebels attacked those shrines, Shiites rushed in to defend them. Not that Sunnis and Shiites need many excuses to fight. They've been battling since the earliest days of Islam and continue to clash in Iraq and other countries.

Nasrallah harkened back to those early clashes when Hezbollah entered the fray, calling the Syrian Sunni rebels "murderers of Hussein."

Hussein ibn Ali was the Prophet Muhammad's grandson who refused to pledge allegiance to the ruling Muslim caliph in the 7th century. Shiites believe that he and his family were the rightful rulers of the Muslim community.

Sunnis

Sunni Muslims are by far the biggest Muslim sect, in the world and in Syria. It's estimated that Sunnis make up 75% of Syria's population of 22 million. But they've long been sidelined by the Assads.

It's little surprise, then, that most of the Free Syrian Army, the largest rebel group, is Sunni.

Within the Sunni coalition, there are remnants of the Muslim Brotherhood, who were brutally suppressed by the Assads; Salafists, who believe in a purified Islam based on its earliest days; and more secular-minded Sunnis.

In recent months they've been joined - sometimes to their consternation - by fighters from al Qaeda-linked groups. Always eager to fight Shiites and sow discord, these jihadists are every bit as fierce and battle-tested as Hezbollah, their sworn enemy.

It's unclear, however, how al Qaeda itself is involved in Syria.

The Iraqi-branch commander reportedly overstepped his authority in June by announcing a merger with Syria's al-Nusra Front, earning a smackdown from Ayman al-Zawahiri, al-Qaeda's global leader.

At the same time, some Syrian fighters say they pretend to be al-Qaeda just to annoy the Assad regime.

Still, prominent Sunni Muslim cleric Sheikh Yusuf Qaradawi has called on all Sunnis to join the fight against the Shiites and Hezbollah, calling them Hizb al-Shaytan, the “Party of the Devil”

Saudi Arabia and Qatar are backing that call with their wallets, according to international reports, hoping to prevent Shiites from gaining a stronghold in the region.

Christians

Christians, who form about 10 percent of the Syrian population, are essentially middle men in this civil war, caught between Assad's army and the Sunni rebels.

Under Assad, Christians had more rights than in many Middle Eastern countries, with the freedom to worship and run schools and churches. Their rights were limited however. The Syrian constitution says the president must be Muslim, for example.

According to UN reports, rebel fighters have targeted Christian communities, shooting up factories and detonating car bombs in Christian neighborhoods.

In addition, many Christians - in Syria and in the United States - fear the fate of Christians should Sunni fundamentalists take power in Syria.

They, like the Alawites, have been pushed back into Assad's arms.

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, perhaps with an eye towards a presidential run in 2016, is among the latest to express concern for Syria's Christians.

"I think the Islamic rebels winning is a bad idea for the Christians," Paul said on NBC's "Meet the Press," on Sunday. "All of a sudden we'll have another Islamic state where Christians are persecuted."

Here is the deal, we have no interest in helping the people of North Korea attack or no attack.

Why and how do we pick and choose who we are concerned with and who we aren't?

Also it's hard to take the moral high ground on anything when just as immoral as Russia or China when it comes to human rights, civil liberties, etc. The constitution was negated by the patriot act and various other bits of legislation that have passed post 9/11.

We've killed 100,000+ people in the war on terror, that's near genocide level by my standards over "weapons of mass destruction" that never existed.

What?? You either didn't read or can't comprehend what I wrote. Did you think I meant we should attack Syria? Have you read anything I've written here? Apparently not.

Did others misunderstand? My point is our attack would make things worse. I thought it'd be clear to any one who'd been reading here.

To illustrate here's an article from CNN: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/04/syrian-wars-got-religion-and-that-aint-good/?iid=article_sidebar

The problem is its not as clear cut as good guys vs bad guys. You have the Christian population thats pro Assad to protect them against Islamists. You have Alawites and many Sunni who against Assad and as foreign fighters came in went back to him.

Let me quote a little of the article above:

"..If we come and and give one group a total win, we may be setting up an ethnic cleansing," Landis said.

The situation is Syria is fairly fluid, with lots of conflicting reports and shifting alliances, but here is our breakdown of the religious groups at war and a bit of background on their beliefs.

Alawites

This small, secretive sect makes up just 12% of the Syrian population, but members have held prominent seats of power since the 1970s. Why? Because the ruling Assad family is Alawi.

Alawites consider themselves Muslims, but most mainstream Muslims call them heretics. Among the reasons: They believe that Ali, the Prophet Muhammad's cousin and son-in-law, is divine.

They've been ostracized almost since their 9th-century founding, so they keep many of their core beliefs secret. During the Ottoman Empire, they were not allowed to testify in court, Landis said.

"It was assumed they would lie, because the God they professed was man-made," he said.

In the 1970s, Hafez al-Assad, Bashar's father, built a brutal security force with fellow Alawites. They were the fingers of his iron fist.

Despite that, many Alawites initially joined the uprising against Bashar al-Assad, calling for greater freedom and government transparency.

As the conflict progressed, however, Sunni rebels targeted Alawite communities, pushing them back into Assad's arms.

To give you some sense of how some Syrian Sunnis feel about Alawites, here's what Adnan Anour, a cleric who fled to Saudi Arabia, has said: "As for those Alawites who violate what is sacred, when the Muslims rule and are the majority of 85%, we will chop you up and feed you to the dogs."

Shiites

In May it appeared the rebels had the momentum and Assad's fall was just days away. Then Hezbollah, a Lebanese militant group, announced that it was joining the fray, and backing Assad.

Within weeks, this fierce group, led by Hassan Nasrallah, had managed to wrestle key cities from rebel control, turning the war's tide.

There aren't many Shiites in Syria, but the Assads courted them from neighboring Iran, Iraq and Lebanon, allowing them to build major shrines to the faith's founders in Syrian cities.

The strategy seems to have worked.

When Sunni rebels attacked those shrines, Shiites rushed in to defend them. Not that Sunnis and Shiites need many excuses to fight. They've been battling since the earliest days of Islam and continue to clash in Iraq and other countries.

Nasrallah harkened back to those early clashes when Hezbollah entered the fray, calling the Syrian Sunni rebels "murderers of Hussein."

Hussein ibn Ali was the Prophet Muhammad's grandson who refused to pledge allegiance to the ruling Muslim caliph in the 7th century. Shiites believe that he and his family were the rightful rulers of the Muslim community.

Sunnis

Sunni Muslims are by far the biggest Muslim sect, in the world and in Syria. It's estimated that Sunnis make up 75% of Syria's population of 22 million. But they've long been sidelined by the Assads.

It's little surprise, then, that most of the Free Syrian Army, the largest rebel group, is Sunni.

Within the Sunni coalition, there are remnants of the Muslim Brotherhood, who were brutally suppressed by the Assads; Salafists, who believe in a purified Islam based on its earliest days; and more secular-minded Sunnis.

In recent months they've been joined - sometimes to their consternation - by fighters from al Qaeda-linked groups. Always eager to fight Shiites and sow discord, these jihadists are every bit as fierce and battle-tested as Hezbollah, their sworn enemy.

It's unclear, however, how al Qaeda itself is involved in Syria.

The Iraqi-branch commander reportedly overstepped his authority in June by announcing a merger with Syria's al-Nusra Front, earning a smackdown from Ayman al-Zawahiri, al-Qaeda's global leader.

At the same time, some Syrian fighters say they pretend to be al-Qaeda just to annoy the Assad regime.

Still, prominent Sunni Muslim cleric Sheikh Yusuf Qaradawi has called on all Sunnis to join the fight against the Shiites and Hezbollah, calling them Hizb al-Shaytan, the “Party of the Devil”

Saudi Arabia and Qatar are backing that call with their wallets, according to international reports, hoping to prevent Shiites from gaining a stronghold in the region.

Christians

Christians, who form about 10 percent of the Syrian population, are essentially middle men in this civil war, caught between Assad's army and the Sunni rebels.

Under Assad, Christians had more rights than in many Middle Eastern countries, with the freedom to worship and run schools and churches. Their rights were limited however. The Syrian constitution says the president must be Muslim, for example.

According to UN reports, rebel fighters have targeted Christian communities, shooting up factories and detonating car bombs in Christian neighborhoods.

In addition, many Christians - in Syria and in the United States - fear the fate of Christians should Sunni fundamentalists take power in Syria.

They, like the Alawites, have been pushed back into Assad's arms.

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, perhaps with an eye towards a presidential run in 2016, is among the latest to express concern for Syria's Christians.

"I think the Islamic rebels winning is a bad idea for the Christians," Paul said on NBC's "Meet the Press," on Sunday. "All of a sudden we'll have another Islamic state where Christians are persecuted."

I don't know if it's just me, but these pictures of deformed children and infants are not cool. I think we can make our points without that.

true, it's hard... but is the world we live in... ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away // and people generally fail to see how serious things are unless they see the evidence for themselves...

some of the pictures are far far worse if you can believe that...

//

Everything is ok though!

Zombie_walk_Pittsburgh_29_Oct_2006.png

true, it's hard... but is the world we live in... ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away // and people generally fail to see how serious things are unless they see the evidence for themselves...

Apparently neither does posting extremely disturbing pictures.

Actually when I see something like that, I tend to ignore the person's post and feel that they are imbalanced in their views...so your strategy might be having the opposite of the intended effect, at least with some people.

I see your point, though, and can agree to some extent. It's good to be aware of problems, rather than unaware.

• Like 1

Here is the deal, we have no interest in helping the people of North Korea attack or no attack.

What are you talking about? I don't understand why you're bringing North Korea into this. Do you think we're about to attack them? Though I guess you're right we're not talking about new aid packages to N. Korea and won't until there solid negotiations on them giving up nuclear weapons. We're not friendly with that country, quite the opposite and won't be helping them.

Still this thread is about Syria, not N. Korea.

<late night edit, always a bad idea>

N. Korea, didn't Pythagorian talk about N. Korea in an earlier post? I recall he said it was America's fault that N. Korea was doing so badly. Interesting, I'd blame it on 3 generations of paranoid dictators who present themselves as god and care more about there military then feeding there starving people.

It can't be brutal communist dictator at fault, it has to be America <sarcasm. Thats because Conspiracy Theorists feed themselves a steady diet of crazy paranoid crap. They'll get there information and believe sources like foaming at the mouth- Infowars.

Problem is, you stare into the void long enough, nothing stares back; but you fall in. You live in the dark. You grow ever more paranoid and lose perspective. Every year is the last. Every accident signals Armageddon. Cops are as bad as terrorists. Kim Jung Il is a poor put on ruler where democratically elected presidents are villains.

The end is always around the corner. Explanations are simplified, but would require crazy Rube Goldberg complexity. Information is given by Some Unknown Guy backed up by unnamed expert , and the plotters on top are Powerful, near omnipotent but also mentally retarded.

Edited by thelerner

over "weapons of mass destruction" that never existed.

They existed. In the week before the telegraphed attack they were trucked en mass to Syria. Bush knew theyd been moved but launched anyway. Intel later took it up the ass - with W's promise to make it up for it later. Seen their increases? Seen the new place yet? Syrias worlds largest stockpile is mostly the old iraqi shit. Thats how we know its the worlds largest.

• Like 3

Here is the deal.

Days after 9/11 General Wesley Clark said that the joint staff that worked for him previously informed him that our goal was to take out: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Iran.

We have already killed Gaddafi (Libya) as he planned on creating a new currency called the gold Dinar and helping Africa transition to it and away from the US Dollar.

We've already killed Saddam (Iraq), as in 2000 he tried to move to trading Iraq's oil in Euro.

We are going to war to secure resources and loyalty to the petrodollar system, plain and simple. We are not going to war for humanitarian reasons.

over "weapons of mass destruction" that never existed.

They existed. In the week before the telegraphed attack they were trucked en mass to Syria. Bush knew theyd been moved but launched anyway. Intel later took it up the ass - with W's promise to make it up for it later. Seen their increases? Seen the new place yet? Syrias worlds largest stockpile is mostly the old iraqi shit. Thats how we know its the worlds largest.

As soon as we attack Syria these WMD's will be moved to Iran? Man that is brilliant!

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

The US's influence in N.Korea's poor state is that we wont allow any countries to trade with them. China is pretty much the only country they are allowed to trade with.

Imagine if England was cut off from trade from nearly all foreign trade. They'd be a pretty sad nation as well.

Watched Farid Zakaria GPS on CNN today. He said there was a poll-game where the participants had to locate Damascus (Syrian Capital city) on the world map. Among participants there were those from the Pentagon. Only 57% of Pentagon participants were able to locate Damascus on the map. Some alternative locations included those in South Africa and India.

Watched Farid Zakaria GPS on CNN today. He said there was a poll-game where the participants had to locate Damascus (Syrian Capital city) on the world map. Among participants there were those from the Pentagon. Only 57% of Pentagon participants were able to locate Damascus on the map. Some alternative locations included those in South Africa and India.

Hopefully, in the event of a military strike, their Cruise Missiles are more intelligent than those Pentagon participants are !!!

=========================

The BBC showed some news footage a few days back, showing captured troops loyal to Assad being beheaded in front of a crowd including lots of children. By Al Queda types, supported by the Rebel (muslim) forces. Apparently they got fed up of waiting for somebody to intervine & stop the massacures of the innocent civilians.

Just tried looking on the BBC website and interestingly couldn't locate a mention of it !

Edit: To Add BBC News.

Edited by Basher

The politicians made a big mistake with their timing of trying to beat the war drums, if they had done it now that the UN report has come out stating explicitly that chemical weapons had been used then they probably would get popular support, but doing it a few weeks ago was stupid considering nobody trusts politicians judgement any more about such issues since Iraq. Really bad judgement on their part, all they had to do was wait a couple of weeks.

• Like 1