Basher

Tao Bums - Why Subscribe ?

Hi All,

was just wondering why somebody would "Subscribe" to The Tao Bums.

Are there any additional / special rights or privilages for so doing ? (Shiny Badge / Pin) LOL

Or is it (as I suspect) really just about helping to fund the Forums running & day-to-day expenses, etc.

Profuse Apologies if the answer is already on here, but I couldn't find it using the search facility.

Basher (New Subscriber)

I subscribed some time ago.

It gives nothing special, but what you give to TTBs is special to Sean who, as far as I know, funds this alone. :)

Thanks for him :)

• Like 1

I subscribed some time ago.

It gives nothing special, but what you give to TTBs is special to Sean who, as far as I know, funds this alone. :)

Thanks for him :)

Dang,

I wanted a big shiny "I'm a Tao Bum" Badge :excl:

(SOS = Support Our Sean) :D

• Like 1

Feel free to change it back if you like ;).

Shows how much i know...didn't realise we could change that !!

I'll leave it there for a while (ie until I can think of something better !)

Off to Training now....will need calming down via T'ai Chi after driving to Class via the M25 (Motorway that goes right the way around London, in a big circle) :(:wacko::angry:

• Like 2

^ but you can't go straight to Tai Chi... the circular path sounds like a warm up to me

Subscribing does give that nice support-button.jpg badge and it is a shame the other groups overwrite that (although the donation of time is worth more than money) Engineer, Concierge, Steward plain old "the tao bums" is a minority in this thread :lol: (is there a retired/ veteran group :) )

• Like 1

Sean is a great guy, he wrote me and gave a heartfelt thanks for the donation when I subscribed. I dont know if he does that for everyone or if I'm special somehow since I happened to have the opportunity to meet him and hang out once :lol: But his efforts have generated much good karma and have been a great benefit to so many.

• Like 2

If you like the site, if it amuses, enrages, enlightens or is just a place to kill time then throw it a couple of bucks every now and then if you can. It costs money to keep it online, many many hours of fixits are required at times plus there's a fair share of aggravation it causes to the mods and its owner. If the site went away, most people here would miss it.

So support it, if possible. As a good karma kind of thing.

• Like 5

I did the lifetime donation thing a while back. Didn't get the nice badge though, just a note about warning points under my name, haha.

• Like 1

I did the lifetime donation thing a while back. Didn't get the nice badge though, just a note about warning points under my name, haha.

Maybe that's what happens when you donate 2 cents. :)

• Like 2

Sean is a great guy, he wrote me and gave a heartfelt thanks for the donation when I subscribed.

Me too, didn't look like a form letter either, but there seem to be <10 "The Tao Bums+" in members with >900 posts.

I use to look at it like - subscribing is cheapier than buying a new age book and TTB is MUCH more usefull than any book :)

I am curious as to the financial situation of the site.

Do donations pay the costs ?

Or does the owner always have to make up the difference ?

Have there been "funding drives" or "funding crises" in the past ? :)

I got a cool plus-sign and a scroll-y "S"

;)

• Like 2

As previously mentioned, the scrolly S badge doesn't show up on my profile, as I'm a Steward.

Didn't get any message / letter from Sean or anybody else.

That's why I originally asked the question.

Subscribe to support the operating costs of the website.

And perhaps gain a few Karma points.

That's it. :ph34r:

If you want to collect badges or certificates, plus get a pat on the back, join the scouts ! :D

I am curious as to the financial situation of the site.

Do donations pay the costs ?

Or does the owner always have to make up the difference ?

Have there been "funding drives" or "funding crises" in the past ? :)

So perhaps Sean himself is the only one who knows the answer to these questions ?