NotVoid

What became of Qigong Master Yan Xin?

That's a shame that the need was felt to remove all the information from the internet, would but such a pity for all that knowledge and info to be lost and forgotten in the future.

Fortunately I just received 2 documents from the C.I.A's Freedom of Information Act, delivered all the way to my house in the UK for free, which is nice...

There is a short 2 page journal called "On Yan Xin, Qigong Master" by Journal of the American Psychical Research

And a large book/document of just under 200 pages - Yan Xin Qigong and the Contemporary Sciences by the International Yan Xin Qigong Association.

I will photograph and upload them to this thread in the coming week or so!

• Like 10

Maybe he retired from public life after treating George Bush snr and realising he made a terrible mistake keeping him alive :)

That's some dedication getting the CIA documents about him though, well done

• Like 3

Hello to everyone here. I was browsing some YXQ info and came across this thread. I completely forgot I had signed up here years ago!

I have been a YXQ student (now called Yan Xin Life Science and Technology or YXLST) for 20 years. I have been fortunate enough to have seen Dr Yan lecture in person over a dozen times (one time he went almost 12 hours without stopping) and have had some direct conversations with him (although they were brief since Mandarin is not my first language). I have a few pics with him as well, but for reasons of anonymity I'd rather not post them here.

I will provide as much insight as I can, so feel free to ask questions, however I can tell you I don't know where Dr Yan is currently.

Also, I'm pretty sure the info about him spending time as a doctor in Canada is false, as I have a few contacts that still

live up there, and I would have heard something.

As far as I know he is still performing experiments, as we get publications from time to time.

If you want to look at more experiments done by YX, check out the book 'Scientific Qigong Exploration' by Lu Zuyin.

I can tell you the YXLST association asked us to stop having group study/practices about 5-6 years ago, and at that time they also stopped accepting new practitioners. They never gave an official reason, and there have only been rumors. Nothing has been validated officially at this point.

However, there are still usually 1-3 big events per year for people who have been practicing/studying, in which people share their study experiences. We usually get a letter from Dr Yan directly during those meetings (which are private and not open to the public), but I can't disclose any of the contents.

We all hope and believe Dr. Yan will continue teaching/lecturing one of these days, but as of right now we have no idea when that will be.

Also, if you are going to use any of the info posted here to attempt to practice YXQ, please read the 'Secrets and Benefits' book posted previously. It will help you understand qigong reactions.

Also, it is highly recommended to not go past the opening and first step. Dr. Yan told us learning all 9 steps would take 60 years (not a typo), so take it slow.

No matter what you attempt, Dr. Yan was always very adamant about always doing the closing procedure to finish. Please don't forget this!

Edited by Aslan9
  • Like 5

Also, it is highly recommended to not go past the opening and first step.

I don't think there is any info online beyond step 1 anyways. Not to my knowledge

I don't think there is any info online beyond step 1 anyways. Not to my knowledge

Most of it is highly guarded. There used to be a recording with all 9 steps but I haven't seen a copy of it, nor heard it in years. Sometimes the recordings will pop up on EBay, but members of the IYXQA buy them up quickly (or try to prevent the sale of them).

Plus Dr Yan told us at one point it would take 60 years (not a typo) to master all 9 steps, so step 1 will suffice for everyone for quite some time. ;-) I also talked to a few people that had learned step 2 spontaneously; while practiting, they heard or saw the 2nd step at some point, kind of like a dream state.

• Like 2

Hi there!  me again :)

Also, I'm pretty sure the info about him spending time as a doctor in Canada is false, as I have a few contacts that still
live up there, and I would have heard something.

I stand by my info and here are some links still available, though most of the discussion is long gone.

I was wrong about the dates in my previous post and tonight I had to refresh my memory. It was around 2007-2009 when I was reading it, already from cache. YX was a licensed TCM doctor in Canada in 2003. Here is a post that still remains:

http://www.pliner.net/appmb2/4cc599/171458/

Re: Yan Xin Controversy
posted by Guest user.gif
posted on August 15, 2005 at 03:52 PM

I've been following the links on Yan Xin controlversy and it ended here. How did the 
issue resolve? Was there a public inquery? 
Does YX practice now in BC? Or was his licence 
revoked?

If you have time to browse through the threads that are still there, you may gather that the chair of CTCMA (until 2005) Mr. Mason Loh was an immigration lawyer who created the association and helped "hundreds" of TCM doctors from China to move to Canada and be licensed by this new "governing body". Apparently, there were some violations of the association bylaws, such as some of the old accreditation documents from China could not be verified and some members were not proficient in English.

The last straw happened to be YX, basically because, as I posted before, he was given the license while another "equally qualified" person had to comply with the rules. This set off the registrar of the association, Randy Wong, who was about to spill these irregularities in the open, and, anticipating this, the Board fired him on the basis of false accusations. He was also put under the gag order, which prevented him from defending his position before the Board. Mr. Wong sued the association and it took him over 2 years to finally get justice. As a result of all this Mr. Loh had to step down.

In all fairness, overall, what Mr Loh did for TCM in Canada is invaluable. Of course, the treatment of Mr. Wong was very wrong, but thankfully in the end justice prevailed. But look what he did for the profession: already 7 years after the creation of the association TCM was not only officially recognized as a legitimate art but also covered by the Canadian health insurance.

Sometime around 2005, the forum rules were modified such that pressing a dislike button would make a message disappear and that's why most of this discussion is gone now -- but  maybe it's still available somewhere in cache or wayback machine. Here is the latest post I just saw on that forum about YX, though the name was intentionally modified:

http://www.pliner.net/appmb2/4cc599/185957/2/
posted on October 23, 2005 at 01:26 PM

... By the way does anyone know whether Yang Yin ever got the Doctor title? This should be public record, yet has never been answered. This particular licensing case was the root of the original scandal, which got Randy Wong fired. ...

Again, citing from memory now, the answer I read in the original discussion was that YX apologized and moved to the US.

Edited by xEva
  • Like 1

Thank you for the update. The last time I saw Dr Yan in person was a few years before this time period, and after group practices/discussion were dissolved, I stopped receiving updates on his whereabouts. Although the last I heard he was living in NJ and traveling back and forth to China.

I am surprised I didn't hear more about this considering we have several contacts in Canada, but you obviously seem to know more about it than I do. I really appreciate the information.

I had the opportunity to meet Mason Loh and his entire family at a huge YXQ conference in Vancouver around 2001. Close to 4K people attended, and the Qi field was intense. He was a very nice guy, and well respected, and at the time he was working hard to help with drought relief in Mongolia. But I remember being told something about him helping to get Chinese docs into Canada.

If you come across any other info, please post it here. Thanks again for the update.

• Like 1

Also, as I mentioned previously, there are now only large group discussions in big cities like Boston, New York, and LA about 2x/year. Average attendance is about 300-500 people. Half the discussion is people sharing their practice experiences, and the other half is discussion of Dr Yan's most recent research.

These are closed to the public, and usually guarded, as attempts have been made by Falun Gong practitioners to attend these meetings in the past.

During these meetings we almost always get a lengthy letter from Dr. Yan discussing various topics, so I know he is still doing research/experiments, but I have no idea where he is living currently (other than possibly still NJ).

Very sorry for the insanely long delay in photographing and uploading the Yan Xin Qigong and the Contemporary Sciences book I received a scanned copy of from the CIA Freedom of Information Act service.

I've yet to go through reading it all myself but it is very interesting and informative from what I've checked out so far, it also includes the full "9 Step Longevity Method" which I have seen in full once before on another site.

Here is a link to a folder containing images, make sure you "sort by name" either in the google drive browser or in their own folder if you download them all, as they are in order of number.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-fSfDFgkZLIUkdFaFZWcTkwTjA

• Like 4

I'm very interested by Ya Xin Qigong as I have seen few video of Master Ya Xin and feel great waves of energy from him and especially his voice,also I will try only with a picture and see what happen. I wish to include this system into my daily practice, I feel it very beneficial for me even if the whole system is not available.

We have now the 9 Step Qigong method from the book Yan Xin Qigong and the Contemporary Sciences.

Three Practice Methods chapter 9 from the other book available Secrets and Benefits of Internal Qigong cultivation book. These 2 books seem to complement each other.

Perhaps someone in the future will translate some other stuff until this time this is a very good start I think who will keep me busy during longtime or forever.

• Like 1

Hmm, except its done using double blind & other modern science objective tests and verified by top scientists world wide.

Dr Yan Xin is actually high level Daoist master. But he just got sick of all the publicity so he now mindfully avoids any attention. It is sad to see such a treasure like Master Yan Xin no longer offer anything because when he tried he felt like he wasn't being valued. Many great Daoists prefer to live in secret rather than get attention from the masses only to be misunderstood and unappreciated.

• Like 4

Dr Yan Xin is actually high level Daoist master. But he just got sick of all the publicity so he now mindfully avoids any attention. It is sad to see such a treasure like Master Yan Xin no longer offer anything because when he tried he felt like he wasn't being valued. Many great Daoists prefer to live in secret rather than get attention from the masses only to be misunderstood and unappreciated.

Hi Thunder_God, and welcome. Do you you have any experience with Yan Xin Qigong Nine Step Method?

Speaking of Yan Xin videos disappearing, there was a Alan Steinfeld/New Realities interview about Yan Xin Qigong where he interviews three practitioners (one of which was miraculously healed of cancer) and they play some clips of the chi-emitting lecture.

Interestingly, this video has disappeared from Youtube. I should have downloaded it.

Definitely something dubious going on...whenever those Yan Xin videos are posted you have to snag them because they won't be online for long...

• Like 2

bumping this thread (again).

I've been listening to Yan Xin's qi-emitting lectures almost daily for a while now. the qi transmission just listening to the audio is very real.in fact, just yesterday i was reading the yan xin book "secrets and benefits of internal qigong cultivation" and i was able to experience a similar qigong state. 

On 3/25/2018 at 5:18 PM, Rakiel said:

bumping this thread (again).

I've been listening to Yan Xin's qi-emitting lectures almost daily for a while now. the qi transmission just listening to the audio is very real.in fact, just yesterday i was reading the yan xin book "secrets and benefits of internal qigong cultivation" and i was able to experience a similar qigong state. 

It's not uncommon.  There have been quite a few instances of people having this happen, as well as qigong reactions, just be reading or listening to some of Dr Yan's materials.  
There have also been effects from people reading the 'Yan Xin Qigong Collectanea', which is a book of YXQ students' experiences.

On 3/20/2017 at 2:03 PM, Rakiel said:

Speaking of Yan Xin videos disappearing, there was a Alan Steinfeld/New Realities interview about Yan Xin Qigong where he interviews three practitioners (one of which was miraculously healed of cancer) and they play some clips of the chi-emitting lecture.

Interestingly, this video has disappeared from Youtube. I should have downloaded it.

Definitely something dubious going on...whenever those Yan Xin videos are posted you have to snag them because they won't be online for long...

We are still hoping the practice goes public again.  As I stated before there are usually 2 large meetings a year at a couple of the major US cities, and papers (both personal experience and research) are still being presented.  

The damage from Falun Gong has still not 'blown over' yet, but I hope we're getting there.

I don't think he was a fake because Chunyi Lin talks about going to a soccer stadium where this master was transmitting Qi and Lin's old basketball injured knee suddenly was healed. The subject of this thread was the master there. 

On 7/11/2018 at 2:35 AM, tao stillness said:

I don't think he was a fake because Chunyi Lin talks about going to a soccer stadium where this master was transmitting Qi and Lin's old basketball injured knee suddenly was healed. The subject of this thread was the master there. 

Figured I'd bump this thread.

Are you referring to Dr. Yan?  He is definitely the real deal.  I have seen his qi-emitting lectures in person more than a dozen times, and have been fortunate enough to meet and talk to him personally on several occasions.  

As it stands right now, there are still roughly 2 bigger meetings per year at various big cities around the country, but they are very quiet about it.  Security is tight, and I haven't seen or heard from Dr. Yan in about 8 years.

• Like 1

Yes, I was referring to Dr. Yan. He is most likely the master whom Chunyi Lin was crediting for healing his injured knee. It's strange that videos has been taken off YouTube that concern Dr. Yan. I listened to one of his lectures but I didn't feel anything from it. That doesn't mean his work is not effective. It's just that I could not sense his energy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tao stillness said:

Yes, I was referring to Dr. Yan. He is most likely the master whom Chunyi Lin was crediting for healing his injured knee. It's strange that videos has been taken off YouTube that concern Dr. Yan. I listened to one of his lectures but I didn't feel anything from it. That doesn't mean his work is not effective. It's just that I could not sense his energy.

I saw this recent interview where Chunyi Lin mentions healing his injured knee (4:15)

I listened to one of his lectures but I didn't feel anything from it. That doesn't mean his work is not effective. It's just that I could not sense his energy.

Hello,

You can try to meditate before to listen at least 30mn it can help you to feel the energy better. Now we have the nine step chi emitting lecture and the full nine step into the book Yan Xin Qigong and the contemporary science p 155 - 163. Someone here do this qigong on daily basis ?

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:33 PM, CityHermit! said:

So, how about that call out by Elizabeth Bik?

I could be misreading it but it doesn't seem clear to me whether or not Yan Xin was actually in the sealed chamber manipulating stuff as she assumes. It's quite possible I missed something though.

My mom used to attend a Yan Xin qigong group and take me with her. This was in the late 90's. I think I was fairly open-minded but the whole atmosphere was pretty creepy to me. Part of it was that the practice consisted of following along to a tape they played, of a woman reading a set of directions in a hollow monotone. In between instructions she would talk about how awesome Yan Xin is and how his various powers had been "empirically" confirmed. While I recognize, in principle, the importance of teachers/ gurus, I get very uncomfortable when a group is boosting its leader like that.