deci belle

The Mysterious Female

The Mysterious Female

This is a compilation of posts from the Articles Section I wrote about four months ago. There are new bums who may be interested in this material.

Those who know the valley spirit by having penetrated the immaterial aperture of the mysterious female have no sexual identity. How then could the nonpsychological spirit of the heart of heaven and earth be categorically differentiated by literalists clinging to descriptions?

How does one describe that which has no location?

The puzzle is without remainder, only entertained by the doubts of the human mentality.

The valley spirit is where potential is activated; where change originates.

The mysterious female is a metaphor. Mystery is movement: yang. Female is stillness: yin. Neither yin or yang, East Mountain walks on water.

Standing ready by the gate and door of the Mysterious Female, observe life and death. This is knowing the pivot of change.

It is not only in mystical experience. When one can be still, one can witness return in everyday ordinary cycles of yin and yang.

When one sees the Mysterious Female, one attains the power of the center. Observing stillness and movement, one is not subject to change. This is because the Mysterious Female is the locus of change where the physical and psychological elements do not adhere; where change originates; where adepts steal potential.

When you see the the Mysterious Female and attain the pivot of creation, you attain it forever.

When you stand ready by the gate and door of the aperture of the Mysterious Female, you actually see the world go sailing on by through its aperture as if caught by the power of its own momentum like a careening astronaut projecting out into the vast void of space. It is kind of sad, in a way. But you're not!❤

The task is the "door". The gate is the opening and closing of the Mysterious Female.

The Art of War states that victory is up to the enemy and that one must choose the ground of death in order to live, find the place of victory, and wait for the enemy to fulfill fate.

Adepts know the gate and door of the Mysterious Female and wait there for the inevitable to arrive.

Here are two terms not customarily used: inner and outer Mysterious Female.

The outer Mysterious Female refers to the balanced combination of flexibility and firmness, considered necessary to achievement of a harmonious personality.

The inner Mysterious Female is ordinarily considered identical to the "valley spirit", which stands for open awareness, the image of the "valley" representing openness, the image of "spirit" representing awareness.

This from Thomas Cleary's notes to his translation of ancient alchemic poems of female adepts in Immortal Sisters — Secret Teachings of Taoist Women. 1989, North Atlantic Books

• Like 7

When you find the road, creation acts in concert. Settling into situations, one simply waits to find out what happened. One simply shares oneself openly in selfless adaption. Waiting in stillness, one observes Return.

"East Mountain walking on water" is indicating that "neither yin nor yang" is your function beyond movement and stillness. So simply waiting isn't a matter of passive stillness while waiting for inevitability's fulfillment (or assuming personal ascendancy in moving along towards somewhere more important). This neither movement nor stillness is the living bestowal of one's inherent potential in the midst of affairs.

This is uncontrived, sincerely open vulnerability. Enlightening being isn't passive. It isn't a matter of acting either. There are some people who like to throw around the term wu wei.

Wu wei is East Mountain walks on water. But adepts aren't metaphors, so they swim in Suchness. Wu wei isn't a thing, nor is it an event. It is a name for the essential character of one's function of enlightening being which is not a separate reality. It is the aware totality of oneself, unborn; spontaneous selfless response: acting without acting in everyday ordinary situations.

Watching over the task and function of the aperture of the Mysterious Female, one witnesses changes. In recognizing changes, one does not go along with creation. So selfless adaption isn't a matter of accommodating phenomena, it is responding to the time.

Creation is already one's self, but response to other is why sameness within difference is spoken of in terms of Suchness.

Karma needs time. So adepts excel in waiting. Enlightening beings respond to the time in order to absorb potential from within the conditioned. The temporal is inherently absolute, so in responding to the time, enlightening beings respond to situations effectively by abstracting: seeing through phenomena without denying characteristics to aid nonpsychological evolution without going along with created cycles of karmic evolution.

Seeing this is the functioning of Suchness as it is. Those partaking of ineffable Reality do so by virtue of seeing it.

So in partaking of reality, real humans go in reverse, opposite the flow of creation. This is all there is to turning the light around spoken of in the Secret of the Golden Flower.

This is the meaning of the saying, "It is as easy as turning over your hand".

This is the Great Vehicle of buddhas, saints, adepts and wizards.

ed note: spice up paragraph 4; add "nopsychological" in paragraph 7; add the penultimate line

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 3

Deci Belle, I don't know if you are familiar with the Chinese term 玄关 (xuan guan, sometimes translated as "the mysterious pass" or "the mysterious portal"), but if so, is what you speak of here synonymous with "the mysterious female?"

• Like 1

xuan guan is into the emptiness one finds substance... immortal body is pure yang from Qian... Our yuan shen is our ling (soul) shen light that exists forever and is together with the hun (heavenly soul)... we also have a po (Earthly soul) that wants death - once one realizes the yuan shen, the po have no place to act, and things are clear, and the body naturally produced true jing true chi which can be sublimated into true shen ie all the yin and yang energies of the body are fused to the power of heaven because one has already fused with ones pre-heaven essential nature from the origin of time... once the yuan shen, ling of soul, is supplied with the battery (spiritualized jing chi and shen) the immortal fetus will develop..

mysterious pass is the the realization of light of essential nature - into the emptiness one finds substance

• Like 1

Yes Walker❤ It is also the title of this thread. These thing are so abstruse, so I don't blame you at all for asking!!

I only know reality. The terms are only for reference. I don't do Chinese per se, but it doesn't matter too much as Reality is universal and not a product of a culture. Even so, I am eternally grateful for the vocabulary developed and cultivated by the realized one's teaching traditions.

The Mysterious Pass is experienced by penetrating the aperture of the heart of heaven and earth which has no location. Yet if one had no physical body, one would not be able to find it. Nevertheless, it is not to be found there.

As I say, inconceivability is beyond words, so I do get slightly less than literally technical in my terminology …sorry!!❤❤

The Mysterious Female is a term, not a thing. This is what I'm describing above.

I say sudden enlightenment isn't necessary to appropriate the functioning of enlightening being. I say the sudden is the result of enlightening function over time.

ed note: add last line of 2nd paragraph

Edited by deci belle

wow....this/you is my idol this moment and for some time and will repeat here and there and become me forever

Excuse me, Riyue~ but as this is my thread and reality isn't Chinese not to mention the fact that this is not the translation section, would you consider being so kind as to provide the english translation of your quote?

Otherwise I will ask the moderators to please transport your post to the translation section.

Further to the point, since you have not yourself experienced any of the sort, you would do well to limit your contribution to this (my) thread by basing your posts on your own personal experience.

We don't interpret anything here. This is the real deal. If you want to spray text material, spray it at Chi Dragon or Marblehead.

My work is for the benefit of those who seek the source of reality from the source itself. We don't mistake reality for its cultural tributaries.

Granted, this is the Taoist discussion section, but I have been studying the authentic traditions of the entire planet for over thirty years and experienced the sudden twenty years ago. I have a firm grasp of the Complete Reality, Cao Dong, Dzogchen and Toltec traditions in terms of the nature of perception.

I consider your and Songstan's post to be mere pissing in the wind and an example of trolling. I will report your actions immediately.

• Like 1

... and experienced the sudden twenty years ago.

Can you expand on what happened here? Did it change you? If so, how so?

Thanks

I consider your and Songstan's post to be mere pissing in the wind and an example of trolling. I will report your actions immediately.

Not sure why you are so adverse to someone finding your thread the most beautiful thing I have read in a while. I was simply stating my gratitude.

Can you expand on what happened here? Did it change you? If so, how so?

Thanks

Hi ish❤~ haven't we spoken before?

The fact is, nothing at all is gained by complete perfect enlightenment. You are already just this mind.

Have you read the ancient classics? The works of those authors was the product of enlightening activity. Were they changed?

Unless one is already an enlightening being, how is it possible to know what is being discussed in the ancient classics? The authors of the authentic teachings and their traditions were speaking from the perspective of the Unborn.

It is your own mind right now. There are no two minds. Now that you know this, are you changed?

Please feel free to PM me. To discuss your question here would most certainly be off-topic.❤

Not sure why you are so adverse to someone finding your thread the most beautiful thing I have read in a while. I was simply stating my gratitude.

Bullshit, sir. For one, you do not know the meaning of forever. Therefore your comment is rather cheap (even if you did not mean it to be). My contributions to this forum are not cheap.

Refrain from being a pain in the ass, si'l vous plaît.

Try clicking "like". That works for me. You may do so at this time… merci.❤

ed note: add last two lines

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

Bullshit, sir. For one, you do not know the meaning of forever. Therefore your comment is rather cheap (even if you did not mean it to be). My contributions to this forum are not cheap.

Refrain from being a pain in the ass, si'l vous plaît.

Try clicking "like". That works for me. You may do so at this time… merci.❤

ed note: add last two lines

I already did click 'like' several times before my post...I liked it so much that I felt moved to make a post to indicate the level of like-ness I felt. I still like you in fact. Perhaps yes, I banter often, but so do many...as I am now apprised that you do not appreciate what you perceive as cheap, I shall offer no more cheapness to your cheap perception.

I just PM'd you. I accept your word, Songstan.❤

My defensive self apologizes for the barb.

People. You don't need to respect me, but please realize to even bring up this subject matter is not a casual affair.

It's not that I don't whip this stuff off the cuff, because that is exactly how I do it. That's why it sounds the way it does.

That does not mean whatever you can whip up will be commensurate. I can assure you of that.

I am here on this site to find another realized enlightening being.

Please realize that I never spoke to anyone ever either fifteen years before and fifteen years after my complete perfect enlightenment about understanding reality. No one needs to know. Sometimes it just comes up in conversation (here) that I have seen essence, that's all. Only within the last five years have I dared to open my mouth. It hasn't been easy.

I realize that realized adepts are not easy to find.

Some day…❤

ed note: add last line

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 6

Excuse me, Riyue~ but as this is my thread and reality isn't Chinese not to mention the fact that this is not the translation section, would you consider being so kind as to provide the english translation of your quote?

Sorry - hope that now the misunderstanding is stopped...

The chinese quote can be read at

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30644-xuan-pin-and-xuan-guan/

The essence of its meaning is given in english in the first post.

Edited by Riyue

DB, you make a good dominatrix.

hilarious!!ahaha

however, deci rocks !

ok back to mysterious female ...

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 1

People. You don't need to respect me, but please realize to even bring up this subject matter is not a casual affair.

It's not that I don't whip this stuff off the cuff, because that is exactly how I do it. That's why it sounds the way it does.

That does not mean whatever you can whip up will be commensurate. I can assure you of that.

I am here on this site to find another realized enlightening being.

Please realize that I never spoke to anyone ever either fifteen years before and fifteen years after my complete perfect enlightenment about understanding reality. No one needs to know. Sometimes it just comes up in conversation (here) that I have seen essence, that's all. Only within the last five years have I dared to open my mouth. It hasn't been easy.

I realize that realized adepts are not easy to find.

Some day…❤

ed note: add last line

Why not? I can tell. why cant you?

You and I are self evident, but perhaps I am not as adept as I thought.

My apologies, I meant to ask is the mysterious female synonymous with the mysterious pass, but I think everybody got my meaning. To be honest, I was pretty sure what your answer would be, and more than anything was too attached to this post to see it languish without a single response.

Deci Belle speaks very truthfully when she says, "please realize to even bring up this subject matter is not a casual affair."

This is true. In some circles, this topic is not elaborated to the non-initiated; even in the monastic Quanzhen tradition no monks and nuns are guaranteed oral transmission on this subject and it might even be true nowadays that the majority do not get it, though I cannot say for sure.

Believe it or not--I suspect that many or most won't--what Deci Belle is speaking of here is as august an affair as can be found in the Daoist tradition. I feel only just barely, barely, barely qualified to venture such a statement, and as such do not do so lightly.

I realize that TTB has long been home to all manner of individuals claiming to various levels of enlightenment, and that consensus as to which have something real to offer and which have arrived to spout nonsense is unreachable. However, we can put questions of Deci Belle's accomplishment or lack thereof utterly to the side, and the fact remains that the content of this post is indispensible to the cultivator who is intent on seeing reality.

And we should be grateful to even know that the topic exists, as I have seen people leave countries, learn languages, don funny hats, and spend years seeking the Dao without even knowing that this topic exists.

In China, one finds many who hang a few pieces of calligraphy on the wall, stick a dashing Bodhidharma figurine on the mantle, and, the months quickly turning into years, wax daily poetic about where the raw materials for the incense were sourced from, or how this or that bygone cultivator achieved this or that supernatural feat, or the fact that so and so knows so and so master who can open your small heavenly circle in just three easy days. With breaks only to pee (green tea'll do that to you), the jabbering goes on for an eternity. The Tao Bums in the flesh, if you will.

Such is certainly a fine and comfortable way to spend one's days, but only so long as one realizes that the irony of redecorating one's body, one's home, and one's mind with empty caricatures of realized saints and vacuous reiterations of their teachings is perhaps the most tragic irony available to sentient beings, and we certainly have plenty of ironies to choose from. A starving man who melts down the key to the grain store so that he might cast a stainless steel sandwich for his charm bracelet is an even lesser fool. And yet most of what one finds here is charm bracelets and cooing over charm bracelets--very little grain for the belly.

I cannot speak for her, but my suspicious is that Deci Belle, in a display of a compassion not many will understand, would find no greater joy than in seeing a few of us finally see the games we play for what they are.

And yes, were we so lucky that it would actually wake one of us up, she might even be so kind as to deliver a physical blow, but be clear, you who would titter cleverly over this matter, that this blow, as with those of the Chan and Zen masters who employed such methods, has nothing to do with the work of a dominatrix.

After all, the dominatrix's employer thrills at the sting of every strike, but there are few here, especially amongst the tongue-wagging core of enthusiastic mega-posters, who have even the remotest desire to be smacked out of his dream.

Anyway, that is enough talking for me.

• Like 7