Thunder_Gooch

More Pie Guy's Tips On Saving Money

OK so this thread is ONLY for posts about saving money, If you want to discuss how to get rich, whether it is better to spend or save, and other such topics check out the handy split part of this thread over at: http://thetaobums.com/topic/31542-off-topic-derail-mpgs-tips-of-saving-money;-now-prosperity-and-how-to-make-money/?hl=prosperity

As someone who never cared much for possessions I don't claim to understand the "abundance" stuff. Should I(or MPG) start spending more in your opinion and why? What's the big deal in buying stuff except what you need?

Its about balance,

Many spiritual minded folks are also dirt poor and struggle in life, living a life they hate, does that sound spiritual to you?

What is spiritual?

To me it means harmony with all chakras including the root chakra of abundance, ease in life etc.

Not just the emptiness or heart stuff or being yourself.

The high depends on the low.

Its not about spending more

Its not about being as reckless as you want

Although if you have money, chances are you will waste more too.

Its about living the way that makes your heart happy.

Having freedom.

Not worrying about survival

SOme people think because some people who are rich are not happy that means getting what you want in life will make you unhappy

This is false logic

EVerything is in harmony.

If your worried about survival all day, resent working shitty 60 hour weeks in supermarkets etc.

How can you think about the spiritual

It blocks.

SO abundance..hmm guess watch some videos bashar, bob proctor whatever.

You can also use your wealth to help the planet whatever it is your higher self wants

• Like 2

resent working shitty 60 hour weeks in supermarkets etc.

Decent paying job which is 60-80 hours per week doing tech support for a professional grade software company (fixed that for you)

Decent paying job which is 60-80 hours per week doing tech support for a professional grade software company (fixed that for you)

I was talking about an old job of mine, glad to hear your job is better tho

ah yeah it's not so bad actually. I really like the company, I hope to move up the ladder.

Congratulations!

Glad you like the company you work for. Good luck with moving onto a different step ladder!

It would be far harder if you did not like your job/ company.

Peace

• Like 1

Its about balance,

Many spiritual minded folks are also dirt poor and struggle in life, living a life they hate, does that sound spiritual to you?

Struggle or not, hating your circumstances is pointless.

Not just the emptiness or heart stuff or being yourself.

How about just being content?

SOme people think because some people who are rich are not happy that means getting what you want in life will make you unhappy

This is false logic

I think it is also false logic to think that everyone wants in life is related to money. Some people are happy or unhappy regardless of being rich or poor.

Yeah seems I won't understand it.. thanks for trying though.

Edited by Guest

Struggle or not, hating your circumstances is pointless.

How about just being content?

I think it is also false logic to think that everyone wants in life is related to money. Some people are happy or unhappy regardless of being rich or poor.

Yeah seems I won't understand it.. thanks for trying though.

Oh come off it, really

People dont have to spend their time in stress, but after a while some situations will get to them.

Tell me have you worked jobs like a charity fundraiser job where you knock on peoples doors bothering them about something that mostly goes to rich people, for 10 hours a day six days a week for 3 months, working sixty hours a week for 3 months and get paid like 40. How about working in a supermarket for sixty hour weeks, nearly every shift it is understaffed by 1 or 2 people and you are running around like a headless chicken doing 4 things at once and get constant complaints, if someone complains the manager blames it on you, and your effort is not appreciated but one small slip up and you get fired.

Go preach contentment to someone in this situation.

I think contentment can sometimes be a form of religious ignorance. There is a place for it, but its also nonsense sometimes, unnatural. When a dog wants to go for a walk do you preach contentment to it. It is forced.

The above I was doing when I am actually very smart and have had a lot of options in life.

I have never heard this paradigm before "If your not growing, your dying, if your not going one way, your going the other, nothing stays still"

I dont know about you, but for me, I want to make sure I live my life to the full and do everything I want to do and everything I can help others before I die.

I think people are getting confused here, and also confusing being spiritual with loving poverty. Let me tell you when I went to India, first of all I went there on £1000 for 5 months, secondly there were so many poor people, like dirt poor people, beggars, kids with arms cut off being made to beg constantly, they got their arms cut off when they were young so they could be better beggars. Or old men that work as taxi drivers risking their life constantly for a few pennies. Or even the businessmen who were poor were constantly trying to scam their customers. Tell me what is so spiritual about being poor.

It is not natural to say that circumstances never affect anyone, yes you can be content, but seriously your be content preaching irritates me.

• Like 1

ah yes, a bit heated and emotional, would have liked to edit my comment, but...anyways.

Tell me have you worked jobs like a charity fundraiser job where you knock on peoples doors bothering them about something that mostly goes to rich people, for 10 hours a day six days a week for 3 months, working sixty hours a week for 3 months and get paid like 40. How about working in a supermarket for sixty hour weeks, nearly every shift it is understaffed by 1 or 2 people and you are running around like a headless chicken doing 4 things at once and get constant complaints, if someone complains the manager blames it on you, and your effort is not appreciated but one small slip up and you get fired.

That kind of workweek is illegal in my country and there are worker's rights against being fired/mistreatment so yeah I don't claim to have any idea how that kind of thing works. I have worked customer service for a while so that part is familiar.

Go preach contentment to someone in this situation.

Just trying to understand why MPG's tips got this reaction.

I think contentment can sometimes be a form of religious ignorance. There is a place for it, but its also nonsense sometimes, unnatural. When a dog wants to go for a walk do you preach contentment to it. It is forced.

Lucky for me then I don't have dogs to walk or a need to preach.

I dont know about you, but for me, I want to make sure I live my life to the full and do everything I want to do and everything I can help others before I die.

I don't go out of my way to find people to help. If there is something that is helpful to someone I'll share it. I think these tips are one way of helping people, don't you?

I think people are getting confused here, and also confusing being spiritual with loving poverty.

Not really. I think you're confused that this has something to do with poverty or judging rich people.

Let me tell you when I went to India, first of all I went there on £1000 for 5 months, secondly there were so many poor people, like dirt poor people, beggars, kids with arms cut off being made to beg constantly, they got their arms cut off when they were young so they could be better beggars. Or old men that work as taxi drivers risking their life constantly for a few pennies. Or even the businessmen who were poor were constantly trying to scam their customers. Tell me what is so spiritual about being poor.

Nothing. There's nothing spiritual about being rich either.

It is not natural to say that circumstances never affect anyone, yes you can be content, but seriously your be content preaching irritates me.

I have never said that.

ah yes, a bit heated and emotional, would have liked to edit my comment, but...anyways.

You feel strongly about this it's ok, atleast now I kind of get where you are coming from even if we disagree.

• Like 1

AH yes, once again some of my posts were illogical and heated so my apologies.

AH yes, once again some of my posts were illogical and heated so my apologies.

It's all good, no apology needed. :)

• Like 1

Just trying to understand why MPG's tips got this reaction.

I am anti newage bs, and pro legitimate systems. Most people that come here to this forum are newage hippy dippy silly people, and get offended by that. They in turn heckle anything I post. That's my best guess.

I am anti newage bs, and pro legitimate systems. Most people that come here to this forum are newage hippy dippy silly people, and get offended by that. They in turn heckle anything I post. That's my best guess.

Yeah I didn't even consider you guys had previous history spilling into this thread. I tend to avoid new age because of alot of bold claims with proof that is weak or based on something I can't know if it's real.

That said I've known some good people who were into new age...

Hey, I was just telling my friend about zennioptical! I bought two pairs four years ago because my $250 eyeglasses was stolen but luckily I kept my eye prescription info so I bought two pairs for $50. The roku thing I want to try also.

• Like 1

Roku 3 is awesome, if you want the ability to natively play back files without a server running on your pc the western digital tv Live is the best option however.

• Like 1

OK so this thread is ONLY for posts about saving money, If you want to discuss how to get rich, whether it is better to spend or save, and other such topics check out the handy split part of this thread over at: http://thetaobums.com/topic/31542-off-topic-derail-mpgs-tips-of-saving-money;-now-prosperity-and-how-to-make-money/?hl=prosperity

I was wondering if we could get a thread split for post 27 through post 39:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30520-more-pie-guys-tips-on-saving-money/page-2#entry474892

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30520-more-pie-guys-tips-on-saving-money/page-3#entry475088

• Like 1

Back to OP- Saving money. Small change adds up, thrown into a bowl at the end of a day, it can be substantial in a few months. In the same way getting a credit card that pays you back 2%, adds up substantially. Especially those dividend cards that have special 5% categories.

If you have and use credit cards, I highly recommend switching to ones that pay you back. Those pennies add up surprisingly fast. One caveat, if you usually owe a balance then an especially low rate card might trump a dividend one. This site: http://www.mymoneyblog.com/ has good credit card information. Matter of fact the owner plays the card game and makes a few hundred a year off credit cards. Note, I do not, it can be an expensive 'free lunch' if not played with care. He also has some savvy money tips.

• Like 1

Updated thread with details on new 100% free cell service through freedom pop.

They say:

Thanks for your interest in the Freedom PhoneDue to overwhelming demand, we are currently sold out.

http://www.offgridworld.com/diy-single-mom-builds-shipping-container-tiny-home-for-4000/

Though I sort of wonder why it cost her $4000? Does she not have a local RE-Store? (the place where you get kitchen cabinets for $5, and a lot of free stuff as well).

Though it's the cost of the land that would get me.... not willing to live in some places.

Edit: which reminds me, I recommend anyone working on their house to checkout your local RE-Store. It is basically used building supplies, household stuff (like sinks and counters) and so forth for 1/10th to 1/100th the original new price.

So baking your own goods of course costs less and is healthier.

But also, making your own cheese! (and yogurt) http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser/Cheese/Cheese_course/Cheese_course.htm costs about $1.50 per lb for most cheeses, if you live in the US. Also they taste about 10x better than the store bought crap. Even better than the deli cheeses I get ;).

• Like 1