Greetings Everyone!

I will be back in NY this August, and will be hosting a BBQ in my home in Staten Island around the 2nd week of Aug. If anyone is interested in coming by, feel free to contact me through email, or even facebook. Email: [email protected] FB: Gui Zhen Hui

Its a kind of eat what you like, bring what you eat affair, and a general hang out which is open to whatever you wish to discuss, if anything at all, or just to hang out and make some new friends. Since I don't do seminars and the like, I figure this kind of setting would be more relaxed and suitable for us to get to understand each other, and or just make new friends.

Bring things you may like to be BBQ'ed and or bring foods you like to eat, drinks you like to drink and share. Vegan or not. I'm sure we will eat everything.. hahaha

Hope to Meet/See you there.

• Like 1

Hi Lin,

Are you vegan? Just curious :)

Not anymore. Was for a long time. Had a few digestion issues when I had my school for 3 yrs. All better now, but my wife and family aren't vegan, and its quite difficult for them to accommodate me with that kind of lifestyle; that and most of the people I meet with in terms of cooperations, etc, aren't vegan either, so its not fitting for me to practice that daily, but on specific occasions :-)

Lin- I do find your show beneficial. Greatly, I feel.

Do you know anything about the practice of Atma Vichara?

Thank you!

Peace.

Edited by Uroboros

Lin- I do find your show beneficial. Greatly, I feel.

Do you know anything about the practice of Atma Vichara?

Thank you!

Peace.

:-)

Atma Vichara? Does it mean the Spirit Vehicle?

Please elaborate ... :-)

I have heard it explained as Inquiry Into The Self. A method of Expedient Means where you, in my current small understanding, use your mind to inquire into the mind...Its quite intense. The little I have done is powerful yet I feel if you know anything about it, it would be interesting to hear how you feel about it.

Just a thought I felt like sharing!

Peace.

I have heard it explained as Inquiry Into The Self. A method of Expedient Means where you, in my current small understanding, use your mind to inquire into the mind...Its quite intense. The little I have done is powerful yet I feel if you know anything about it, it would be interesting to hear how you feel about it.

Just a thought I felt like sharing!

Peace.

Use the mind to investigate the mind. One can do this with anything. It turns the mind back to the mind, senses back to themselves, and brings it all to their source, which is the same thing. The senses, 6, al have the same source. It is through the organs of the senses that this substance, this same source is "sees, hears, tastes, smells, touches and thinks."

So you could use concentration on the mind, to cut thru the mind, in a sense?

Thats where part of my current...stuckness is.. At first I could do it, then I reached a point where I had no place to focus on. To inquire. My mind became far too misty...nebulous.

Ahh, maybe im just rambling about states that are unimportant! haha.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Peace.

So you could use concentration on the mind, to cut thru the mind, in a sense?

Thats where part of my current...stuckness is.. At first I could do it, then I reached a point where I had no place to focus on. To inquire. My mind became far too misty...nebulous.

Ahh, maybe im just rambling about states that are unimportant! haha.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Peace.

This is a good place, but it is still the beginning :-) Now when you meditate, find "Who" is focusing, and go with that.

When you are ready, you will be able to "enter" a stillness without discrimination, and then the states that arise and fall will also fade away.

My pleasure. Anything else, please let me know.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

• Like 3

Hm...I am but a babe in all these wonderful things!

Ok, thank you! Finding "who" is focusing, I will work on that. hehe..that actually does help, that is far less..seemingly appearing, in my current state.

Oooh, I would like to "enter" a stillness of that sort...ehehe, who wants to enter the stillness? I dun know.

Its funny when people ask me, who are you, they want a name...yet I have no idea who or what I am! haha.

Thank you, Lin. I do appreciate your offering your help. A very helpful direction pointer, it is, too.

Take care.

Peace.

• Like 1

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````89

thanks, allie cat :lol:

awareness watching awareness...just a way to get you to drop the clouds. :)

Edited by joeblast

Joe? What is this ''''''''89? You have confounded my mind space thing!

haha, the clouds are so pretty, though! Horses, dragons.....pumpkins...cakes....mmmm

The sky inspires awe, though.

• Like 1

kitty demanding pets ;) didnt even realize she posted for me :lol:

Edited by joeblast

Lin!! Do the TaoTeJing commentary! That would be loads of fun....

Anywho, as usual, the show is fun, helpful and filled with good info.

Looking forward to future good-ness!

Peace

Lin!! Do the TaoTeJing commentary! That would be loads of fun....

Anywho, as usual, the show is fun, helpful and filled with good info.

Looking forward to future good-ness!

Peace

We are currently working on it. Hopefully we finish soon. hahaha

Ever since returning to NY, I forgot the recording times were different, and missed one weekend. HAHAHAHA So funny.

• Like 1

If anyone is in the Tri-state area, and wants to meet up, I'm hosting a BBQ on August 18th.

If you can make it, you are invited... haha If you can't make it, you were invited.

You can find me on Facebook: Gui Zhen Hui

And please message me when and if you add me as a friend, telling me you are on taobums.

Also, you may be able to join the party fun by clicking the event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/516315775115818/

If not, just let me know on FB your FB name so I can add you. I need to be sure how many would be coming.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

• Like 2

Yees! Been waiting for this one Lin!

Thanks buddy!

Hope you like it. Remember, these shows are short, and we can only touch on some things for a certain amount of time. There are many things to go into, so I only hope in the short time, we can cover as much as possible.