Colorado Sage

Talismans?

I've seen mention in other places about the art of writing Taoist talismans. I've searched around here but haven't seen any mentions. Does anyone have any experience with this and/or know where I could learn more about this?

I had the good fortune to acquire a Ye Ming Zhu.
Extremely rare form of flourite that absorbs and radiates Qi. Found in China.
Charge it for an hour in sunlight and it will emanate light and heat throughout the night.

I've had mine for about two years now.
It's like a direct line to the Pillar of Light.
The connection is vibrant and two way.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 5

I've seen mention in other places about the art of writing Taoist talismans. I've searched around here but haven't seen any mentions. Does anyone have any experience with this and/or know where I could learn more about this?

Lots of free taoist magic here

http://liewsp1-magicsea.blogspot.com

Charge it for an hour in sunlight and it will emanate light and heat throughout the night.

That is particularly incredible..! An item which resonates with the heart of hearts...

• Like 1

ancient-yeh-ming-ju.jpg

http://www.adrianrasmussen.com/yeh-ming-ju/what-is-yeh-ming-ju-and-ye-meng-zhu/

Very interesting, thanks silent thunder.

The above link has an interesting article.

• Like 1

I have a brass Mahāsudarshana yantra which is representative of Nārāyana (Vishnu), and a green jade Śrī yantra representative of Goddess, that were blessed and energized by Hindu priests before I received them. They are said to also channel energy. I don't have any other talisman. I'm waiting for delivery of a brass Guan Yu, but I have no way of having it empowered, energized, consecrated. Keep in mind my altar is quite the syncretization and fusion of traditions. I'm intrigued by the Ye Ming Zhu. I think one can never have too much positive energy running about. :)

Some books come to mind:

Skills of the Vagabonds by Leung Ting.

Fourth Uncle in the Mountain by Quang Van Nguyen.

Bangkok Tattoo by John Burdett.

If you're going to start learning more about this make sure your intention is pure! There's plenty of people marketing and pushing things which are best left alone.

A

Most of the Ye Ming Zhu out there are man made and don't have the energetic property you may be looking for, they are basically just the cool factor.

The real Ye Ming Zhu are a extremely rare and valuable. Only royalty were allow to own it.

We bought many different ones, played with them, examined them and did extensive research. We came to the conclusion that you really do get what you pay for in the case of Ye Ming Zhu.

A very small sphere can run for a couple thousand dollars. If you have that kind money to spend in something that may just be a cool toy, go for it.

About the topic of this conversation… Talisman is one of the most powerful tools in a Daoist toolbox, but like any other tool, it takes time and effort to embody the practice. To fully succeed in this practice one needs a teacher who can walk you through it.

Dr. D

• Like 1

I'd love to know how it came to you and what your relationship with it is like.

Good Fortune!

My dragon pearl was one of about 3 dozen that were successfully spirited out of China by a monk. It was one of the fall off chunks from the big sphere made from one of the last deposits found in the 1980's.

The monk who got these stones out gifted several to one of my teachers and I picked it up after a Nei Gong workshop in LA.

It was worth every penny and will be in my family for generations.

My first intention work with it was intense. I told it to send all my surplus Qi to the LDT after practice one evening.

Instantly my ldt began a magnetic pulsation that was so intense, (borderline between pleasure and nausea), that it was hard to concentrate on anything else. This lasted for a solid 45 minutes until I lay down to go to sleep. The moment I was prone for sleep, the pulsing faded. It's quite responsive.

When not being worn, it prefers to hang off the eaves of my house, or rarely into the silk, it really dislikes to be set down on anything.

People are really drawn to it. I've seen it summon energy sensitive strangers from across the street in broad daylight.

We're still getting to know each other, but he's like a wise old man with a good sense of humor.

• Like 1

Talismans are taught to initiates of the school of whatever sect that uses them. The are forbidden in general to be taught to others, and you need to have initiation for them to work. So in order to learn talismans you have to join some sect or school or lineage. Otherwise you are just writing stuff like doodles, or collecting information about them like a librarian. They are connections to other levels of reality and those beings.

• Like 3

Lots of free taoist magic here

http://liewsp1-magicsea.blogspot.com

Sham-Wow,

Thanks for posting this link! I have visited the site many times and it is certainly interesting, kind of a South East Asian (SEA) Petite Albert, it is a trove of interesting information ranging from natural magic spells to Daoist Thunder Magic.

To really appreciate this a person does need a good background in practical magic and I also think that the blogger should have banner in big letters that reads "Kids, don't try this at home!". Aside from that the blogger's English is good and the posts entertaining and informative about popular magical practices in a very magical part of this big world.

Thanks again and welcome to the Tao Bums.

The only experience I have of this is from Reiki...the idea behind them in Reiki is as a tool to focus the mind of the therapist, it works to imagine the energy being drawn into the symbol they are writing as they do it, and acts to concentrate the mind. Essentially, it doesn't alter the energy that is transmitted, though some would argue that the intent is more powerful and therefore so too the healing.

I expect that Taoism is a little like this and it is possible the reiki symbols originated there. Fwiw, I think if it is in nature to do this, we would already be doing them naturally. But belief is a funny thing - ask any doctor to explain the power of placebo for instance.

Edited by Wayfarer

Talismans are taught to initiates of the school of whatever sect that uses them. The are forbidden in general to be taught to others, and you need to have initiation for them to work. So in order to learn talismans you have to join some sect or school or lineage. Otherwise you are just writing stuff like doodles, or collecting information about them like a librarian. They are connections to other levels of reality and those beings.

i agreed because its link to third dimension thing so you need a teacher or guidance to practice it

Edit: I personally got a very bad vibe from this site. Upon looking though, nice selection, even if extremely expensive compared with chinatown. Personally the the way the site is setup and the wording puts me right off, but would be neat if there were more sites with this selection.

Btw, I got my Chinese coin sword (big one) for $15 in chinatown, is $169 online!!!!

So Blim, are you by chance the owner of said site Mr. Brand New to the Forums? ;)

HOLY COW THAT IS SO COOL!!!

I guess it's probably way out of the budget of anything I could find, but thanks for sharing, that is really cool looking!

• Like 1

well to me you need to practice to summon the heavenly gods to be able to write a talisman and I am not sure whether you understand what is thte heavenly gods.

BaguaKicksAss,sorry am confused... Mr Brand New?

I do not own any site ;) esp re daoism i 've still go plenty to learn! :P

Coin sword - that's a scary price difference! Same material?

The one on the website looks identical to the chinatown ones, not old coins unfortunately.

That makes perfect sense Friend.

The old coins are pretty amazing, there are some at a local store around here, and they are most definitely different in many ways than the fake, or even new, ones. I have been told that the knotting is just as important as well, the way the knots are done. I'm guessing that real silk is used traditionally too. Also specific coins from a specific period. Actually I was a bit surprised that the one I got from Chinatown did anything! I'm not entirely sure how that works (not everything I have bought from Chinatown has worked, but most things have). My faves are those little fabric talismans in various shapes :).

The folks at the local talisman store are quite nice fortunately, which isn't always the case (around here) if you are white!

The use and drawing of talismans is the basis of religious and shamanistic healing and exorcism. The talisman contains writing and drawings and sometimes symbols. No ordinary person can draw them, they are usually drawn by shamans with a spirit master holding their hand. A very wide knowledge of talismans has to be acquired over many years and to make the talisman work it must be given power. To see a talisman and Holy water being drawn you can go to my site and see the video on the last page. There you will see me draw talismans with my Immortal master entering into my arms and moving me.