5 replies to this topic

#1 cat

cat

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6132 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

We have had some terrific films suggested by members, interviews and movies.. and I  am thinking it would be useful to have a place for these recommendations to be put, or to be copied to for people to find when they have time to watch something and want a recommendation.

What kind of place would be best? A pinned thread  somewhere? Or a film sub - forum? What do you think?

Today I have been watching a film Tibetan_Ice rec'd, and it is VERY very GOOD..plus, its visually beautiful as well as informative.

here's a link!

http://www.innerworldsmovie.com/

Thanks T-I.

#2 thelerner

thelerner

Been here long enough to know better

• Concierge
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5926 posts
  • Interests:Getting Closer to Fine
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Good idea.  Maybe pin it in the Book Club section? 

Then have a few dedicated volunteers remember to repost them there when they come up in other posts.

Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#3 viator

viator

Sparrow of the Void

• Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2446 posts
  • Interests:Taoism, Discordianism, Hermeticism, Consciousness, General Semantics, Eight Circuit Model, Occultism, Yoga, Qigong, Art, Computers

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Good idea.  Maybe pin it in the Book Club section? 

Then have a few dedicated volunteers remember to repost them there when they come up in other posts.

That makes a lot of sense to me too. In fact, Book Club could always be adjusted to be "Media Club" which would encompass books, movies, music, magazines, and websites (which I know someone was inquiring about recently). This would provide a single location for people to recommend media (including but not limited to books) that they have found useful in one way or another on their path. :)

#4 cat

cat

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6132 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Like the responses so far,bumping for further input...

#5 Mark Saltveit

Mark Saltveit

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:Words, skimboarding, comedy, people. Oh, yeah, Daoism.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Suits me.  I was the one who asked about websites, and I have a film link too.

#6 Mark Saltveit

Mark Saltveit

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:Words, skimboarding, comedy, people. Oh, yeah, Daoism.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

I'm not sure where this discussion ended up, so I'm going to post my film link here.  If there's a better place, please let me know!

This is for a short film by Gus Van Sant, based on the William Burroughs short story, called "The Discipline of DE"

http://www.realchang...ine-of-do-easy/

It describes a Way that is sort of a parody of Daoism, and sort of a sincere American Way of its own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users