thetaoiseasy

Some Thoughts

I wanted to add the idea of cultivating in all aspects of life. I'm reading some books on bagua zhang right now and it seems that many old masters emphasised the importance--even the root of bagua zhang practice--in being a moral person, in cultivating good morals, ie, being virtuous. The idea is that you can't progress past a certain point if you are not engaging your moral center in your life. Techniques are just that, but they can't make you a complete person. And that is what the highest levels of any art aim at.

It makes you think. You practice extends well outside of the practice hall. In Shorinji Kempo we start each session by reciting the oath and creed of the sect--which acknowledges that our spirits come from dharma and of bodies from the world and pledges our intent to be good upstanding persons in our community. It's easy to just recite the words, but take them to heart and it is very disturbing! That is, you can be disturbed out of your normal habits. Am I really acknowledging that my spirit comes from dharma? Am I really being a person who loves peace, acts with decorum, and helps those in need? Am I actually applying this oath that I recite in ANY WAY outside this dojo??

An advanced practioner might not be physically skilled, by still works hard, but has truly applied these moral principles in their daily lives.

8)

• Like 1

Glad you find some of my stuff readable. I don't post here as regularly anymore. But whenever I have pre-written stuff, I do paste it over here, in case anyone might be interested.

Talent? I'm not sure. Many years back, my teachers told me they chose me as a student because I was born with my central channel open. Something about past lives. I thought this gift was my talent.

Life is a paradox. :)

I really like Astral monk's signature:

• Interests:Weed, asian girls, social issues, swords

It's like an open book. I'm sure I'll have a good time smoking weed and discussing girls with him, though I don't smoke that much anymore.

Yes, you can eventually develop the heavenly ear and hear the different qualities of qi. This is a more useful tool to have than the third eye, in my opinion, because it allows you to self regulate your own qi by "listening."

Thank you for this excellent advice. :)

To me, wu-wei is doing nothing against your true nature. Have you seen your true pure and good nature? If not, then you need to work on it. I have never seen a lazy person who decides one day to be spontaneous and carefree-- i have never seen that type of person attain anything lasting, besides psychological escape. That's fanciful bs.

Very true, Tao in a simple sentence.

Unfortunately, truth can only be experienced; can't be taught. Fortunately, there is a whole world out there for us to experience.

thetaoiseasy, hello

There is a long-time question I have about the nature of qi and the way one interacts with it. May I ask it here in your thread? I dont wish to disrupt your (most excellent !!) posts, so if you'd prefer not, thats fine. (-:

warm regards

What could I show you that you have not already seen?

What could I tell you that you have not already heard?

What could you learn that you do not already understand?

There is no need to be kind,

just be yourself.

Kindness comes naturally.

There is no need to be just.

As a whole human,

you are already just.

Being who you are

in your heart,

brings everything.

You already know these things.

They are naturally known

because they are natural.

What more could I say that would be of any use?

warmest regards (-:

• Like 2

I dont don titles ;)

First and foremost: BREATHE.
Then, just be Harmless, not helpful.
I Am just a Human Being, Simply being Human; I am not what any path I walk entitles me to call myself, but I Am a Human Being entitled to walk all paths.

a fuller quote included various job titles such as but not limited to "soldier, sage, astronaut, cashier, doctor," and others... but i dunno where i left it :lol:

Far as i know, im the only person who ever said it or even says it.

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

OK, you're right, you're not. :D

warm regards

..stagnant energy maybe.

Edited by sinansencer