Jeff

Four Main Types of Energy

I have found that there exist four main "types" of energy. Each is more like a different frequency range (or spectrum), rather than a truly different form. Additionally, different paths/traditions focus on different types of energy. The four types consist of body energy, mind energy, cosmic/spiritual light and primordial light.

1. Body energy - In the early stages, body energy can often feel like warm (or cold) regions in the body. As perception deepens, it often feels like tingles or vibrations and one grows to notice movement (or flowing). As one gains significant control over body energy, health improves and they become more resistant to sickness.

2. Mind energy - In the early stages, one begins to notice chakras in the energy body. With practice, one can begin to "see" auras. As "clarity" grows, one begins to perceive astral levels/stuff.

3. Cosmic/Spiritual light - Beyond "mind", it can be felt in the (inner) heart, this is the light/energy of creation/existence. Jed Mckenna describes the early stages of this in his 3rd book when he begins to touch on "human adulthood". In some ancient texts, this stage is described as "building the body of light". As is grows, it is also sometimes called "oneness" with everything.

4. Primordial light - This is the "raw stuff". Outside of time & existence. Land of Buddhas. Being "one with God".

Any thoughts?

:)

• Like 1

Perhaps more people will see this thread in one of the discussion sections, Jeff!❤

I could start at the top and say that what you refer to as primordial could be described as aware uncreate potential perpetually on the brink of action.

This is the medium of self-refinement. This is what pervades creation and seeing Complete Reality does not hide the totality of conditioned and absolute in existential mundane situations.

When alchemic treatises speak of "picking out the real", it is this real potential within the polluted that is referred to.

As for other kinds of energy, I don't differentiate because I only see Suchness.

I'm an ignoramus about all of that other stuff!! haha!!❤

ed note: add everything below first sentence

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

Perhaps more people will see this thread in one of the discussion sections, Jeff!❤

I could start at the top and say that what you refer to as primordial could be described as aware uncreate potential perpetually on the brink of action.

This is the medium of self-refinement. This is what pervades creation and seeing Complete Reality does not hide the totality of conditioned and absolute in existential mundane situations.

When alchemic treatises speak of "picking out the real", it is this real potential within the polluted that is referred to.

As for other kinds of energy, I don't differentiate because I only see Suchness.

I'm an ignoramus about all of that other stuff!! haha!!❤

ed note: add everything below first sentence

Hi Deci,

Thank you for the "bump". It is my perspective that if someone is truly interested, they will find it. :)

Also, your point on only seeing one type (suchness) is interesting and may be part of our past differences. Do you "reside" in suchness/awareness and not try to "integrate" all the subtle "layers" of oneness/existence?

Many :)

(edit: the -> they)

Edited by Jeff

I don't call it suchness, but substance, for short of calling it potential that only exists as experiential reality under observation, which is just too freeking long. Space is not a vaccum, it is an extreme low pressure zone, made imperfect by the incursion of this 'substance' from elsewhere, outside of the reality that can be experienced or observed. Call this existance the endless void, call the source of potential the limitless light (although it may not be limitless, who could possibly tell?) So non-dual thinking is another layer of embracing illusion, and dualism is found upon the other side of realisation.

Within the range of experiential phenomena, there are many layers of reality, those energies that you spoke of, Jeff. I've been hoping someone with a fair grasp of them would present the lingual key so that we can match them up to the words and symbols that get thrown around so casually qi, chi, shen, ect. qi seems to go beyond merely body energy, but I don't think it qualifies as pure, raw potential, either. Shen, to me is more of an amplitude/frequency variation upon strings of existing potential, not the potential itself. That leaves some fairly large gaps in the lexicon of understanding.

All merely objects (i.e. perceptions)

It is Consciousness - the Subject of all objects (and that from which all objects are made) which is the key (and the lock - LOL)

Hi ShenLung,

Thank you for your thoughtful post. It was exactly for this kind of discussion and defining a joint lexicon of understanding that I started the thread. I agree that words like "suchness" are challenging for meaning, additionally words like qi and prana mean widely different things to different people. Also, I very much like your "potential that only exists as experiential reality under observation" definition. I sometimes call it the "field of awareness of Awareness".

On our lexicon front... I would agree that qi (or body) energy goes beyond the body and is part of all existence/reality. Similarly, I would say that "mind" exergy also goes beyond. Many get "stuck" in the perception of the local body-mind and do not notice the ongoing connection of "everything".

On Shen (or light), once again I would agree. Potential (or possibly change of state) of the energy of existence (both mind & body) would work for me. I have found that the "easiest" way to notice it is as the energy of the "pre-intent" of a thought. For me, it is almost like there is a little door there to unlimited (my current theory) energy. Does this fit? Also, do you also notice various shades (or frequencies) of Shen (3rd light)?

Thanks, Jeff

Also, your point on only seeing one type (suchness) is interesting and may be part of our past differences. Do you "reside" in suchness/awareness and not try to "integrate" all the subtle "layers" of oneness/existence?

Oneness is the unity of aware nature. Existence is duality. Suchness is integral in terms of one's function adapting to situations.

So, no~ enlightening beings residing in the body of awareness do not try to integrate anything because even though creation has no hold over them, there is nothing outside of them either, therefore they are not separate from layers to integrate.

ed note: delete bulk of post

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

Hi Deci,

I do not see oneness as the unity of aware nature, but rather oneness is the integration of our aware nature into all existence(reality).

If you don't mind, I believe a simple question separates us... Do you believe in "miracles"?

Thanks for the discussion.

Best, Jeff

(edit - remove brief comment that related to deleted components of Deci's post)

Edited by Jeff

We have a debate?

I don't mind at all that you do not see oneness as the unity of aware nature.

The thread is in terms of four types of energy. I brought up the highest. Since when have you ever described your day to day function in the Unborn unbeknownst to anyone?

I only describe the application of enlightening activity in terms of inconceivable energy— your aware nature, because there are no words to apply to energy itself. The whole point of realization is in its application, not a theoretical definition of a type of energy that you have no power to describe, much less use.

When you see your nature, your sticking point will cease along with your simple question of separation.

What separates us is that "i" word.

I don't have questions because the knowledge of unity accepts having no cause. Inasmuch as your sense of separation is attributable to the questioning mind, is there any doubt you have not yet penetrated the causeless?

Our old debate has never existed in anyone's lifetime.

Do keep calm and carry on…❤

ed note: fix run-on sentence in 7th paragraph with a period after "cause"

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 2

Hi Deci,

Thank you for your response. I agree completely that the point of realization is in it's application, but many (like myself) find descriptions helpful/useful. As to the nature of existence that is ultimately realized, I noticed that you did not answer my one simple question.

Best wishes, Jeff

(edit - deleted p.s.)

Edited by Jeff

I work with energy every day, still don't know how many types of energy there are and really don't mind not knowing. It seems infinite to me because every answer has it's own energy.

In terms of human beings, the body, mind, and spirit do resonate at different frequencies.

It's so easy to get lost and not see the forest from the trees.

Not entertaining belief, how would one have anything to say about miracles?

Perhaps a miracle is what happens every day.

Edit: spacing

Edited by Clarity
  • Like 1

I work with energy every day, still don't know how many types of energy there are and really don't mind not knowing. It seems infinite to me because every answer has it's own energy.

In terms of human beings, the body, mind, and spirit do resonate at different frequencies.

It's so easy to get lost and not see the forest from the trees.

Not entertaining belief, how would one have anything to say about miracles?

Perhaps a miracle is what happens every day.

Edit: spacing

Hi Clarity,

It sounds like we have a similar perspective on the classifications of "types". Have you found that the energy of the body "extends" beyond the body?

Also, if you do not entertain belief (in existence), what is the purpose (or reason for) energy work?

Thanks, Jeff

(edit - wording change)

Edited by Jeff

Hi Clarity,

It sounds like we have a similar perspective on the classifications of "types". Have you found that the energy of the body "extends" beyond the body?

Also, if you do not entertain belief (in existence), what is the purpose (or reason for) energy work?

Thanks, Jeff

(edit - wording change)

Hi Jeff,

Yes, in my experience, it does extend beyond the body. The mind and spirit extend even further.

Belief is really not required for anything. From my perspective, belief is a limitation because it clouds our ability to connect to our perception as long as we cling to belief. As long as we continue to cling to anything, we create karma.

The purpose for the energy work is to remove obstacles or karma.

What I find important about energy is how we use it.

Here's a story about removing obstacles or difficulties:

http://www.idriesshah.info/Shah/MushkilGusha.htm

Sincerely,

-Adam

• Like 1

Hi Jeff,

Yes, in my experience, it does extend beyond the body. The mind and spirit extend even further.

Belief is really not required for anything. From my perspective, belief is a limitation because it clouds our ability to connect to our perception as long as we cling to belief. As long as we continue to cling to anything, we create karma.

The purpose for the energy work is to remove obstacles or karma.

What I find important about energy is how we use it.

Here's a story about removing obstacles or difficulties:

http://www.idriessha...ushkilGusha.htm

Sincerely,

-Adam

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your wise words. :)

Do you also find that removing obstacles and karma (w/ energy) is really the same thing as facing and "letting go" of an issue/fear that may be consciously or unconsciously held?

Best wishes, Jeff

Do you also find that removing obstacles and karma (w/ energy) is really the same thing as facing and "letting go" of an issue/fear that may be consciously or unconsciously held?

That is more or less the idea, yes.

That is more or less the idea, yes.

Sounds like once again we are in agreement. :)

Best wishes, Jeff