Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Work Virtue V Corruption

Unconscious World V Conscious World

(Morality / Ethics and Principle )

The virtuous are outcast in a corrupt society.

"Just do it" + "A means to an end"

Everything/ anything for profit

When does it end?

stoicism.jpg

I am coming toward the end of my university studies (architecture) ... there appears to be no light at the end of the tunnel

All ones dreams seem unrealistic

The system isn't really geared toward idealism, empathy, proper conduct etc

The building industry has more or less collapsed in my country / so my degree will be more or less useless.

I haven't worked in 6 months, did the typical high-school /uni occupations hospitality, retail, labouring

I refuse to be a part of it anymore, this vicious cycle

This decadence, this cruelty, this oblivion

Nearly everything one does supports wickedness in some fashion

What is left?

Where to go?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

Ah!, the big questions about the purpose of life and how one should be.

I have no valid generalized answers. But yes, happiness. Is it the purpose? I have no idea. But I know life is happier when one has found happiness.

Best Wishes!

One of the few times I feel good about being a government employee...we don't always do the best, but we are not expected to make a profit, so we can be ethical. Now I know governments in general are not always ethical, but I'm state government, natural resources, giving out grants for natural resource projects. The work itself is not very fulfilling, its more or less your typical government soul sucking job, but we do good things, and I feel good about what we do in communities.

I've more and more considered farming. Seriously. Buy or find a way to inhabit a small piece of land in an area where things can be grown. There are all sorts of ingenious ways to make enough to pay the bills. You can't care about money and material, though. But get hooked up with the right community of people and I think you could have a go of it.

Ever hear of permaculture? Lots of interesting ideas, from backyard gardens all the way to social activism.

Anyways...I hear you. If you want to be ethical and feel good about what you're doing, sometimes it feels like there aren't a lot of choices.

I suppose haha :P

Buckminster I have been meaning to study

Rudolf Steiner also comes to mind

When I thought about steering the course of the "Spaceship Earth" and all of humanity, I saw most people trying to turn the boat by pushing the bow around.

I saw that by being all the way at the tail of the ship, by just kicking my foot to one side or the other, I could create the "low pressure" which would turn the whole ship. B Fuller

I wonder what he would think of our direction today

//

I wanted to focus on sacred geometry, natural materials, sustainability.

creating homes that would be high in life force / prana / chi

Uplifting the inhabitants physically, spiritually + also the surrounding area / joining up these power houses :)

The uni didn't allow for this exploration. I have spent most of my time at the front of the boat pushing against it

:)

One of the few times I feel good about being a government employee...we don't always do the best, but we are not expected to make a profit, so we can be ethical. Now I know governments in general are not always ethical, but I'm state government, natural resources, giving out grants for natural resource projects. The work itself is not very fulfilling, its more or less your typical government soul sucking job, but we do good things, and I feel good about what we do in communities.

I've more and more considered farming. Seriously. Buy or find a way to inhabit a small piece of land in an area where things can be grown. There are all sorts of ingenious ways to make enough to pay the bills. You can't care about money and material, though. But get hooked up with the right community of people and I think you could have a go of it.

Ever hear of permaculture? Lots of interesting ideas, from backyard gardens all the way to social activism.

Anyways...I hear you. If you want to be ethical and feel good about what you're doing, sometimes it feels like there aren't a lot of choices.

We have similar desires :)

Nice patch of earth, off the grid/ fully self sustaining :)

Choices do seem very limited at present.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

@ Turtle Shell

The large majority I believe have surrendered... surrendered/ given them-self to the system / the corruption

I will not go so easily, perhaps I may starve to death hahaha

• Like 1

Architects are sorely needed on earth at the moment to help design sustainable housing, eco villages, and any number of alternate and better ways of living...

There are many attempts to build something better going on. Many of them run into the problem of not being able to afford to pay all of the professionals all that a professional would usually ask for... I have heard of Eco villages giving membership and a house to architects {and other expensive professionals} as payment for their services...

I was looking into Aus politics the other day

All lawyers mostly...

How are lawyers suppose to fix anything? or make better? hahah

I don't know

I have seen some great work done when architects/ designers have been given some room to move

One account in S America, an architect became mayor... turned that place around pretty swiftly.

Design is about solving problems :)

In terms of energetic exchange for services, I do not know.

I would hope that it is fair.

There is a lot of work involved, details, coordination etc

follow your excitement, if your doing something because you think you have to or should or is the only way, or only hard work will achieve your goal imo your doing it wrong, but what do i know i share the same concerns as you and am following my own advice lol

Unconscious World V Conscious World

(Morality / Ethics and Principle )

The virtuous are outcast in a corrupt society.

"Just do it" + "A means to an end"

Everything/ anything for profit

When does it end?

stoicism.jpg

I am coming toward the end of my university studies (architecture) ... there appears to be no light at the end of the tunnel

All ones dreams seem unrealistic

The system isn't really geared toward idealism, empathy, proper conduct etc

The building industry has more or less collapsed in my country / so my degree will be more or less useless.

I haven't worked in 6 months, did the typical high-school /uni occupations hospitality, retail, labouring

I refuse to be a part of it anymore, this vicious cycle

This decadence, this cruelty, this oblivion

Nearly everything one does supports wickedness in some fashion

What is left?

Where to go?

i'd be in prison right now if authorities knew how close to snapping and destroying ALL commercial property equally, with extreme prejudice...

So close... to exacting.... retribution.

Sign in to follow this