Sign in to follow this  
Harmonious Emptiness

Laughing at (Super) Ego

Has anyone else, during Secret Smile meditation (relaxed, confident, joy/laughing, love, bliss), started with relaxed, then confident, then, to bring up laughing-joy feeling: looking at the Dependent Origination Absolute of that relaxed and confident self, and laughed inside at how funny it is in Reality??? And then thinking of strong love feeling as the love that you feel for that self (that pwuoa widdlle swewlff) and all the other little Emptinesesesez [of Form]

132222336.ttYqaf2V.jpg

?

Hm I don't get ego really... I think this is a dangerous thought - I once met a guy on the path and he was totally obessed by this ego - no ego thing... everything was ego... his thinking was habitual / repetitive... constant conflict with this phantom ego.

I think everything is as relevant as everything else... nothing being more important / superior - no ego v ego

Self v self and all the rest.... for myself I aim for a more integrated/ wholistic understanding... but perhaps I am mistaken haha

^_^

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Yeah, it's really something for people who are already well acquainted with the teachings of Shunyata.

Ego is a strange term to use in a way, but a lot of the Chinese teachings on it seem to make even more sense when one sees that Ego is a translation of the word self, pictured as a man with a spear. i think we can all learn to put down the spear and not take our "selves" so seriously.

This is not just Buddhist teaching mind you. The Dao De Jing talks a lot about this as well, as put one's self behind in the collective pursuit. Maybe a side note, but this, in my opinion, can also be learned to a degree in percussion ensembles. It can become quite obvious how the self wants and tries to get in the way, but everything is harmonious when it chills... showing the paradox and futility that can be this meddling self.

To get to higher levels, I think one needs to be able to see beyond Self AND No Self so they can see All.. but I'm getting tangential...

I've been wanting to make a thread about the movie, Revolver...but this thread will suffice to simply say, "watch it and let me know what you think". It deals with similar themes about the "ego", and of course is a little entertaining as well...the symbolism also is interesting if you know a bit about the specific themes they use.

Also, to address the OP, yeah it's awesome to have those moments of unadulterated reflection about who we really are/aren't.

Edited by Scotty

As you said... with music etc this is more noticable..for myself anyway...getting out of your own way and flowing... which I really think is heart v mind... until moving from the heart becomes... takes the Royal Seat? I think In western... and the mind becomes servant to the heart rather than the heart to the mind...as the heart is the seat of the soul... the secret chamber? / true / pure expression...

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Sign in to follow this