In a single turn
Ruthless compassion
Does not burn

The Commentary

Gold star
White rose
In my head
Snow blows

Gold is most precious; with superior conductance and exuding a warmth and lustrous beauty like no other metal the more it is worked and polished; gravitas.

Progenitor of a world, a star symbolizes realization of dreams, desire, accomplishment, magic, cosmic knowledge, power, consciousness, energy, light.

White is purity, death, emptiness, openness, the extreme of polar axes, sharp distance, vertical inaccessibility.

Self-evident, sincere, pervasive florescence, unrivaled variety, a rose beheld visually incomparable, yet can dissemble at a touch in its fullness and delicacy.

Wild snow, free-form spontaneity, impersonal, crystalline, pristine, individually unique despite relative similarity, viciously cutting or pillow-soft in turns.

Adepts have these psychological attributes and accomplished postures of attitude.

Those who aspire to enlightening being do not cling to anything; free, independent, unpredictable, inaccessible, untrammeled, serene, unperturbable.

Such a one is capable of killing buddhas and demons alike.

Shining with a clear light and a freshness and purity of uncompromising intent

To unhesitatingly see all the way through.

No heaven above
No earth below
No opponent ahead
No ruler in tow

This stanza is an ancient ritualized proclamation uttered by a great general on his way to war after having walked in procession on the left side in honor of death and having accepted the ceremonial battle-axe from the emperor.

This is its operational dictum. Entrusted with the means to victory, the army is a power unto itself.

Its effect arrived at by deception only to save the lives of the population and eradicate the corrupt.

An encapsulation of a force of intent within the inconceivable perspective of nonbeing

This is the strategy of selflessness whether hidden in defense or attacking from the heights

Assessing advantage and weakness in oneself and other objectively and responding impersonally

Neither seeking honor nor avoiding blame; acting only when advantageous and dismissing emotionalism.

Victory depends on other; to win without fighting is best.

Empty chair
Empty days
Empty book
Untold ways

The key word in this whole passage is Untold.

This is how to relate to emptiness as is. Complete reality is just this. This has never been told in numberless eons.

If you know it, but you are not even one bespoken to say there is no saying it, this is reality as is, and you are as free and untrammeled as your original face before your parents were born. Before a single thought, this is emptiness, suchness as is, unattributable. So it is not something. Nor is it something without attributes. It is unattributability itself. This is the real.

Why? Because reality as such having no attributes is your selfless aware nature; one must still take the forward step oneself, without hope or regret.

This stanza represents living one's life as such. What could be more natural? And who could ever tell of it?

From this point on, the song delves into the realm of the Untold.

Stopping short
Fitting in
Going along
Blazing within

Outside of traditional mental hygienics as a means to save energy, when one has passed through the veils and tasted the scenery of singularity and has planted the seed of immortals in the homeland of nothing whatsoever and the Golden Flower opens, one gains access to the workings of the Virtue of the Receptive.

Sudden realization is a most fortunate event because the compulsion to act unawares is forgotten forever. In its stead is the remnant of nonbeing, aglow, blazing within your breast. Having passed through the Mysterious Female once, one retains, nurtures, develops this power of immediate acquiescence to further enter the mystery.

So one uses the power of Receptivity to step over eternity, hide one's light, enter the marketplace and walk with hands open in order to meet the world fully without holding anything back.

This is advance practice. Taoism calls this setting up the furnace and cauldron again, performing tasks in everyday ordinary situations unbeknownst to anyone. As before, it isn't really doing. It is selfless response according to the situation. The Art of War states that "victory depends on the other". Immediate acquiescence is selfless adaption.

As before (in preliminary alchemic operations of advancing and withdrawing the fire), one follows the course of the yin convergence and withdraws the fire at the first sign of the killing energy of polluted yin energy and gathers potential, sealing it securely.

Follow desires and go along with situations to introduce guidance; then stop short as the killing energy arises. Every cycle of yin and yang requiring operation of yin convergence. You do this as before: by not-doing in withdrawl. Over and over and over, for absolutely no conceivable reason, you follow the cycles of evolution in ordinary situations without speculating in potential inherent in the polluted energy of created worldly situations.

You must realize there is no hope involved, either before or after; whether giving or taking; expanding or receding, and no one knows. Selflessness is not a matter of caring for people in a special way— it is the way of adapting to circumstances according to people's capacities and neurosis.

One uses the fuel inherent in the situation itself. The energy itself dictates your response, which is immediate; not requiring a dust-mote from outside.

Ruthless life
Ruthless art
Ruthless dream
Female heart

So taking this to the limit of the limitless, adapting to conditions before and after; only then letting the world go on without you without entertaining hope, without misgivings, immovable, seeing each situation through, you find out what really happens. Even though you go along with conditions, you neither invest in nor speculate in outcomes.

Having stepped over eternity, time, in terms of situations, is plastic. It is truly up to oneself to stretch or prolong times. One simply does not have any capacity for such things as hope— as hope is an utter time-sucker dependent on outcomes. Outcomes are for those who are invested in selfish reasoning. Selfless awareness completely annihilates time, hope, craving, outcomes. Hope in what, for what? This is not a matter of hopelessness either~ this is the power of the Mysterious Female, transcendent. Ruthlessness is in terms of the world's perspective preferring outcomes. End-Gaming is not concerned with them at all.

The End Game has no such preference. The End Game has absolutely no relationship to the world in terms of created energy other than using the world's own momentum to meet conditions. There is no sense of separation because End-Gaming already has tacit accord with the real within the false. No outside energy expended; effortless, spontaneous, selfless.

Those who, lacking faith, confused and thinking there is actually something to be avoided or denied in terms of lacking working relationships with suchness, emptiness, potential, or else juggling puny moralistic judgements of right and wrong, stumble past the real time and time again; only degrading themselves and taking misery for pleasure, never in their lives knowing an end to it.

Seeing through conditions without denying characteristics is giving oneself without holding back. Even as the world seduces you relentlessly, and you can respond appropriately, still you do not crave desire or results, neither pandering to the future nor second-guessing the past~ there is only life, art and dream of an empty, open, ruthless Mysterious Female heart.

Assessing chaos
In a single turn
Ruthless compassion
Does not burn

Which brings us to the last stanza of this song. Where not a single word applies.

ed note: delete "the" from "there is only the life, art and dream…"

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

For those who DO know I have little to add

for those who DO NOT know I will say:

the man who refuses to see, and wishes not to see, sees far less than the blind one

who knows the elephant as the elephant!

deci belle,

From what you did I wonder if my independent comments perturbed you so much that you just had to do what you did ? I know how somethings just disintegrate in the presence of others things and resort to avoiding such exposures , for example: "A ray of light suffices to enlighten and disintegrate darkness". I would like each and everyone to know the truth and be enlighten and keep on watering the plants and chopping wood...

I would had preferred that your ed note explained better the fact you choose to remove your posts because you could not stand mine. Below I have included a link to the original thread for those who want to see my comments. Be at peace this will be my only response in this thread to your post UNLESS some response calls for additional comments on my part.

I wished that you could share the experience of a serene, free, independent, untrammeled, dialogue rather than what you are feeling... love it or hate it thats up to you...

http://thetaobums.co...24407-end-game/

From the start, you had something "better" to cultivate, dear. I only responded to your leading question. There is no "share".

et sez:

I wished that you could share the experience of a serene, free, independent, untrammeled, dialogue rather than what you are feeling... love it or hate it thats up to you...

Your wish is self-reflective …not to mention utterly dependent. So by all means, do cultivate something "better" on your own, without needing to "share" it, as it were. It is my experience on this forum that anyone sincerely wishing to "share", does so by sending me a private message.

Off-topic grandstanding is one thing, mon petite bouche, but this is not an act. This is also not the discussion section. THIS IS THE ARTICLES SECTION.

You even gave your own "article" the same name as this one.

PM me in about twenty years, ok?

ed note: add word "cultivate" in paragraph just below et's quote.

Edited by deci belle

Moving right along…

Assessing chaos

In a single turn

Ruthless compassion

Does not burn

Which brings us to the last stanza of this song. Where not a single word applies.

Having interrupted the dreaming process, the errant propensities— the illusory, habitual allurements— will be destroyed of themselves. Because your awareness becomes united with the field of reality that never becomes anything, this is called being in the state of pure and total presence as your primordial basis. Of one taste, like space, this is unobscured, pristine awareness, the creativity of the universe.

By cultivating the dimension of your awareness that is without any discursiveness, the dimension of pure being, the final reality, is spontaneously present. Therefore the dimension of the full richness of being and the dimension of apparitional being arise from that dimension naturally, spontaneously complete. This is the greatness of self-refreshing pristine awareness.

So the final reality of self-refreshing pristine awareness is the solitary vision of the end game.

Whereas "the Way is not far, yet it is hard to reach the end" means there is, in fact, something close which is difficult to accomplish. If one has not yet conceived the thought that such a realm is to be witnessed, much less actually made life-long efforts to actually reach the limit of the limitless, how could one presume this to be easy?

ed note: add last paragraph. The quote source can be found on "The Jewel Ship" thread

Edited by deci belle

You even gave your own "article" the same name as this one.

Oh deci belle why do you resort to making up lies about me (and thats just the tip of the iceberg), rather than telling the truth?

Anyone who follows the link can see who started and named that other 'article' ...

End Game Started by deci belle, Jul 31 2012 09:27 PM

Oh it was you... need I remind you what you did? You are right in that from the start, I had something "better" to cultivate... and you dear did not stand it and edited out all your posts and created this one.

" the field of reality that never becomes anything" denote the possibilities that forever remain as just possible because the reality of perfect realities only allows certain perfect possibilities to be possible and real...

Sacre bleu~ I wonder what it's like to imagine that I've actually read anything et has said since his second post~ that must have been (it seems), months ago!

So , how long has it been, really, mon petite bouche?❤

And to imagine et is the only one who cares enough to actually follow this thread!!! hahahhahaa!!❤❤ If I cared enough, I'd follow it too~ but since I come from the place where nothing happens, nothing says this better than

Empty book

Empty days

Empty chair

Untold ways

Now, if et actually has something to share …how would he match the rich emptiness void of doubt in which I splash about?

Should he keep imagining the impossible …with suuuch an insistent little mouth… speaking of??? Perhaps he is in love…❤

Do follow my threads, ma cher. They all come from an empty book which has no cultivation to better. It would be interesting if you stopped reading my posts and responded to your own obsessions here as if you were reading my words, hmmmm?

Meeoowww!! Now wouldn't that be kinky?!! Heehee~ it's too bad I won't be reading it… haahahhahhahahaa!!❤

how would he match the rich emptiness void of doubt in which I splash about?

Should he keep imagining the impossible …with suuuch an insistent little mouth… speaking of??? Perhaps he is in love…❤

with the richest fullness of certain truth in which light splashes about ... where imagining possibilities fills every book, day, chair, way and a bit more... and where divine realities bring to be certain possibilities... to be a bit more than just imaginings... even if I abstained from posting an alternative to the void from now on what I have said and done will forever be vibrant reverberating throughout it all.. Some may seek to deny it some may seek to avoid it just as some will recognize and hear the immutable song... full of whats been told... 'the richest fullness of certain truth' filling with hope the emptiness void of doubt and despair of those seeking to deny and avoid what be the certain truth...

BTW your response and action certainly displays how much you care that I happen to respond... and those reading this may deny reading it or may recognize reading ti... the truth of what they did will forever be vibrant reverberating throughout it all...

Thanks for sharing, etick❤

etick, your welcome...

etick, really? is etick how you would like other to call you from now on? really?

is that something like an--- electronic tick --- electronic (blood-sucking insect)?

Now now nobody needs to sign their posts with such a personal handle ... but hey if you like it... who am I to question it...

have a nice day...

By cultivating the dimension of your awareness that is without any discursiveness, the dimension of pure being, the final reality, is spontaneously present. Therefore the dimension of the full richness of being and the dimension of apparitional being arise from that dimension naturally, spontaneously complete. This is the greatness of self-refreshing pristine awareness.

The key point in this tradition is "By cultivating the dimension of your awareness that is without any discursiveness, the dimension of pure being, the final reality, is spontaneously present."

This is not approached by intellectual understanding, talking, talking about, thinking, or thinking about anything (or nothing, for that matter), except that which does not think which is itself living self-refreshing pristine awareness.

So those who have careers talking about words, thoughts, meanings, images and schools of wisdom habitually relegated to philosophical systems and concepts, are especially handicapped in this regard.

It's not so much that the tao that can be spoken is not the tao …it's that one must actually find out what it is. Those who are contented to the safety of just knowing that it is there are complete outsiders. Even sudden enlightenment is entry-level.

The path of self-refinement is finite. Whether there is gradual leading to the sudden or one takes up the sudden from the start, only entry into the inconceivable is entry at all. This becomes oneself as one enters the mystery of endless transformations wherein people become buddhas and buddhas become people.

ed note: exchange 仙 for folly. Haha!! I wrote: "It's not so much that the tao can can be spoken is not the tao"!! Muss've been my inner show-girl!!

Edited by deci belle

Why void the intellectual understanding approach when one must actually find out what it is?

would the mystery of endless transformations involve a path of infinite self-refinements approached through multiple directions?

Oh and when one finally discovers what it is... would one then have to find out what to do with it?

A final question to wonder and ponder... Will this will be my last participation in this thread? Yes...

Wonderful Deci,

Thank you for sharing;

I am wondering

Assessing chaos

In a single turn

Ruthless compassion

Does not burn

It ends with this? :)

Wonderful!

Oh, thank you XieJia!!❤

Yes, the end game is a self perpetuating situation in terms of causeless perpetual results in order to respond to conditions spontaneously with impersonal objectivity~ so what could better describe mundane existence than selfless chaos manifest?

When I don't pick and choose, the world reverts to the underlying spark, and I follow this unity without incurring a change.

Sign in to follow this