2 replies to this topic

#1 idiot_stimpy

idiot_stimpy

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

Do you need to have superpowers to be enlightened?

From my research it seems that enlightened people have a majestic presence they can transfer to those around them.

Does this mean all true psychics are enlightened or that enlightened beings don't necessarily have to be psychic?

#2 Protector

Protector

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4780 posts
  • Interests:Pepsi, Fanta, Mustard, Meat, Fresh apples, Females, Learning, Old Cartoons, That Feeling, Horse Stance

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

Enlightened people see the world differently and understand nature on a different level
What seems supernatural to you is normal for them because they understand how that stuff really works
Kinda like trying to fix your computer on your own for hours and then calling a friend who fixes it in 10 minutes :lol:

I will never forget you, report button *salutes*

Sword cuts in two pieces
Cutting two pieces is easy
Cutting two into one is hard part
You don't cut opponent
It is against universal law
You cut two into one

GRYFFINDOR

matamune2_normal.gif
It would mean a lot to me if you read this.

#3 konchog uma

konchog uma

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2922 posts
  • Interests:-
    skygazing
    soothsaying
    swashbuckling

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

Do you need to have superpowers to be enlightened?

From my research it seems that enlightened people have a majestic presence they can transfer to those around them.

Does this mean all true psychics are enlightened or that enlightened beings don't necessarily have to be psychic?

one can be free of attachments and obstructions without being clairvoyant, telepathic, or any of the other manifestations of psychic power. But in the course of all the meditating one must do in order to dissolve attachments and obstructions, it is not uncommon for practitioners to awaken psychic abilities like the inner senses. So i think that they are related but not necessarily concomitantly, just kind of coincidentally.

so, no one does not need superpowers to be enlightened. not all true psychics are enlightened, i can think of a particularly unenlightened one i know.

i would say enlightened beings don't necessarily have to be psychic, but often are in some way (or several ways).
"All the philosophical theories that exist have been created by the mistaken dualistic minds of human beings. in the realm of philosophy, that which today is considered true, may tomorrow be proved to be false. No one can guarantee a philosophy's validity. Because of this any intellectual way of seeing whatsoever is always partial and relative. The fact is that there is no truth to see or to confirm logically; rather what one needs to do is to discover just how much the mind continually limits itself in a condition of dualism." -Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users