ChiDragon

This is a good Tutorial Relates to Chi Kung

A pulse oximeter is used to measure the percentage of red blood cells carying oxygen in the arteries. A single cell carries a fixed amount of oxygen so 100% of the cells carrying oxygen would be perfect. Currently, a blood-oxygen level of 95% or greater is considered healthy while levels of 80 to 94% are considered low. Below 80% is called hypoxemia and is life-threatening.

You can buy them at most drug stores or online at lots of sites like this: http://www.oximetersonline.com/

Just food for thought...

Fight science (MMA) full episode

Okay...I think I know the answer why his lactate level went down.

Please watch at 37:00, the answer is right there. This is to test the knowledge for all the Martial Artists Tai Ji and Chi Kung practitioners.

PS...

The clue is in the Cellular Respiration(CR). Any one can figure this out. I'll let you guys have some fun. You can guess the answer or study the CR process and get the answer. This is very educational to the Martial Art practitioners. So, you won't be insulted even if you have given the wrong answer. Please give it a try. Thanks. :)

Edited by ChiDragon

QD,

I must say i admire your persistance in interpreting ancient practices by use of modern science.

My advice (if you feel i'm worthy of giving you one), is to think of your knowledge as flowers that you are trying to plant:

Just posting ideas without considering the people's feedback is just like throwing the flowers carelessly around, without preparing the ground, without watering them etc.

It's precisely because these ideas are so important to you, that you should try to make the minds of the people receptive to them. Otherwise it's just a waste of time from your part. 而且他们会看不起你.

I'd like to quote the words of a Chinese Taiji Master: "Make one thousand friends, but not one single enemy".

Good luck

E.

Sharing new or different knowledge is not making enemies. If people don't even try to understand something new, and stick with the stagnant ancient knowledge is not making progress. FYI your information, the modern science explain them all if you are willing to open your mind to it.

而且他们会看不起你.(but people will look down on you)

難道為了這些不重要的小事就可以埋沒現實了嗎...??? ;)

Do you think this unimportant little thing will make me to hide the truth....???

PS...

For those who are not interested, please don't bother.... :(

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Er, so how during qi-gong practice do I 'get' underandings of 'ancient' theories that when I look up later correspond - or as near as dammit? (the last part is just an expression to say pretty near enough to be the same thing). So perhaps the 'scientific' qi-gong theory does indeed line-up with what's going on but have you considered that it might only be partially descriptive of what's going on (because the physical domain knowledge and language hasn't caught up with everything that is going on quite yet) or that it might be slightly skewed to one aspect of the full phenomenon (here it would be physical) and so leaving other stuff out? I also wouldn't equate 'ancient' with surpassed in any way.

The above is not intended to dismiss attempts at correlating qi-gong effects and practices with current scientiic knowledge BTW. And so perhaps also could be attempted, not dismissing 'ancient' effects and practices because they don't fit the current scientific model yet.

Pyruvate or Pyruvic acid is the end product of the anaerobic portion of glycolysis.

1. If the cell has enough oxygen to run aerobic respiration then pyruvate is converted into acetyl-CoA and carbon dioxide byt eh enzyme pyruvate carboxylase.

2. If there isn't enough oxygen in the cell, then pyruvate is converted to lactic acid in order to free up some of the required reactants(NAD+). This allows anaerobic glycolysis to continue.

Here is the next clue..... ;)

The measurements were just monitoring muscle strength and lactic acid but not the oxygen level in the muscle.

The initial reading of lactate level was 5.2

After one minutes was 4.1

The scientists were assuming that if the muscles work for a minute will cause the pyruvic acid to convert into lactic acid. However, it was not the case, the oxygen in the muscle have to be depleted before that can happen.

In the video from 37:00 and on, Randy Couture was never out of breath and no sight of hypoxia. There was not a chance for the pyruvic acid to be converted into lactic acid. Instead, the pyruvic acid was converted into ATP. Hence, that will cause the lactic acid level to drop from 5.2 to 4.1. Indeed, the measurements were done incorrectly and caused them to draw to a wrong conclusion.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 2

Chi is energy of which there are many types, air is just one type of energy

which our chinese bredren would call "Kong Chi"

It was not forcing oxygen into the blood. There was only more oxygen provided to the blood due to the abdominal breathing. The oxygen does not have to go into the organs any faster. It is because the heartbeat is at normal due to the oxygen was not lacking. Visualization has nothing to do with breathing.

So you have never had a girlfriend in your lifetime??? or perhabs a boyfriend???

Visualization is a game player. If you have personally never tested it scientifically then your not at a place to talk about it.

There are many who can testify to visualization; why else do colors play a role in Yin-Yang association?

Did you know you can generate the color based on mental visualization?

Welcome to visualization :)

The measurements were just monitoring muscle strength and lactic acid but not the oxygen level in the muscle.

The initial reading of lactate level was 5.2

After one minutes was 4.1

The scientists were assuming that if the muscles work for a minute will cause the pyruvic acid to convert into lactic acid. However, it was not the case, the oxygen in the muscle have to be depleted before that can happen.

In the video from 37:00 and on, Randy Couture was never out of breath and no sight of hypoxia. There was not a chance for the pyruvic acid to be converted into lactic acid. Instead, the pyruvic acid was converted into ATP. Hence, that will cause the lactic acid level to drop from 5.2 to 4.1. Indeed, the measurements were done incorrectly and caused them to draw to a wrong conclusion.

Edited by ChiDragon

Why did the Lactate level dropped...???

The lactic acid level had dropped was because some of the lactate was recycled back into glucose for manufacturing ATP.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Sorry, air is not energy....: ;)

Chidragon i will admit ya knowledge is well beyond my own and i am not goin to argue with you but Air is energy and if you were to chart what happens to it and where it goes and what it does after it enters the body then you will understand that

Air Is Chi/Energy B)

San Bao B) B) B)

Chidragon i will admit ya knowledge is well beyond my own and i am not goin to argue with you but Air is energy and if you were to chart what happens to it and where it goes and what it does after it enters the body then you will understand that

Air Is Chi/Energy B)

San Bao B) B) B)

Dragon X....

Just to be accurate, it is fair to say that the "air' is a source of energy. It is the oxygen in the air which is what makes the air a source of energy. BTW The pressure of air can be converted to mechanical energy. Thus we cannot just come out flat to say that air is Energy.;)