Tibetan_Ice

Does AYP give bad kundalini advice?

Ouch. I read the topic and I agree with you. He had no prior experience as a practitioner, and yet they gave him a whole heap of stuff that would be completely unusable to him as of now. Some of it was even harmful. Ejaculation in the midst of an awakening experience where a goddess is slurping on your sex juices is not advised. Seriously, what? Eating a heavy meal while your digestive fire is in the midst of a complete physical renovation and remodeling?

The microcosmic orbit is invaluable. Kechari mudra is also invaluable, and it saved me a lot of possible agony. Another thing that I would suggest is getting to know the kundalini personally. Talk to her, she will respond. :excl:

• Like 1

Hi, :)

So it seems that Lomaximo has surrendered to the AYP members' advice which is to start the AYP Deep Meditation and Spinal Breathing.. two techniques which will surely overload him and waste his time.

His time would be better spent learning how to get the kundalini out of his head; clear the front channel, the MC Orbit and how to store the kundalini energy in the lower tan tien as per Mantak Chia.

Mantak Chia's book got Lomaximo into this, and it can help him out too. Why doesn't he realize this?

In case anyone would like to read Mantak Chia's book, it is available at this link:

http://pdfbook.co.ke/download.php?title=The%20Multi-Orgasmic%20Man&size=1.6MB&bookid=PBI5513&eid=5397

:(

TI

• Like 1

TI, that poor Lomaximo has given in to the seductive pleasures of Lady Kundalini, if he is lucky he will not develop panic attacks, anxiety, depression, paranoia, delusions, enervation or loss of libido. This is the worst that can happen, he might, if lucky, escape with just some insomnia for a while.

The best thing he can do at this stage is abstain from chi exercises, to keep his chi moving downwards and think he is lucky to escape her clutches. Kundalini Syndrome is the worst thing in the world, lets hope he avoids this.

Good timely post TI, lets hope others are warned of her dangers and not play with her wild fire.

MCO works!

It's tough to comment on the merits of firing up the kundalini. I do feel that people would be well served by a good range of balancing techniques.

----opinion from experience alert---

Edit: I just read that again and it sounded non-comittal or overly diplomatic. I'm actually pretty serious about it. I reckon with all the DIY out there it's important. One could argue that K will lead you to them willingly or unwillingly. But perhaps better to have both context and help, proper.

Edited by -K-
  • Like 2

Hi, TI!

I've seen some of your posts on AYP, and am curious why you seem to have so much hostility toward them (and Yogani).

I mean this totally sincerely... you have much more experience in this area than I do (only been practicing steadily for 6 months), and I value your input.

Could you point me toward another system that you would recommend?

Hi, TI!

I've seen some of your posts on AYP, and am curious why you seem to have so much hostility toward them (and Yogani).

Hi ddaniel, :)

If you would like more background about my discoveries while participating in AYP for 4 1/2 years, please see this link: http://www.thetaobum...yama-questions/

The part that really disturbs me is that all that you will see on AYP are posts that give the site credibility. When in actuality, many posters have been censored and banned. When I started to closely examine the AYP practices and question them, I was personally attacked and then banned, rather than have my issues addressed. Doesn't the great spirit of "Freedom of Speech" live in the USA? Is Benjamin Franklin rolling in his grave?

And then after being banned, I discovered that I could not delete my posts, yet AYP was advertising that you could delete your posts at any time. When I asked Yogani about that, he said that they had changed their policy over two years ago but had neglected to properly advertise that fact.

I would still like to know if it is ok to blend Kriya Yoga with TM, which is what AYP does. But then again, most of the AYP practices have been watered down or customized, catering only to the beginner, and perhaps fostering many bad habits and misunderstandings.

The whole point of Kriya Yoga is to merge with the star at the brow, but for AYP, the star is scenery and you don't do much with it. The purpose of TM is to transcend, or elicit the relaxation response to carry a person to turiya. It is an effortless procedure, one which is not Patanjali's Dyana, Dharana, Samadhi. If you practice the proper last limbs of yoga, you will be able to consistently go into samadhi at will. If you practice TM or AYP's Deep Meditation, you will bounce in and out of "loss of consciousness" or Turiya (if that is what it is) perhaps once or twice per meditation session and this could go on for 40 years. The two practices are totally different.

Yogani took the AUM out of Spinal Breathing, claiming that "OM'ing" while doing spinal breathing is watering down the practice and makes it more inefficient. I just finished reading another book that said that using the OM as a counting mantra during pranayama increases the potency by 100 times. Reciting AUM is what Yogananda's practice recommends during their form of spinal breathing (And this makes sense, since the use of any mantra causes the lower tan tien to release chi/energy/kundalini).

I mean this totally sincerely... you have much more experience in this area than I do (only been practicing steadily for 6 months), and I value your input.

Could you point me toward another system that you would recommend?

I am not in a position to recommend to you any kind of practice. For one, I don't know you, your temperament, your background or history of pratices. I don't know what your goals are and what you hope to achieve. Further, I am not enlightened, not omniscient, not omnipotent nor omnipresent so I can't use any powers to help you out. But, if you give me some background about your practices, aspirations and character, I may be able to find something based on my range of experience.

I am familiar with Yoga, Rosicrucians, SRF (Self Realization Fellowship -3 years), Carlos Casteneda, judo, karate, Buddhism, Sri Anandi Ma, Mark Griffin, Taoism, The Dalai Lama, Alan Walace, Ramana, Nisargadatta, Sailor Bob and the rest of the Advaitists.., Kundalini Yoga -many sources, Ajahn Brahm, the jhanas, Buddha, Jesus, astral travel, the chakras, Samuel Sagan, Saraswati, TM, The Bible, Norman Paulsen, reiki -reiki master, cystals, aromatherapy, Kunlun -level 1, KAP, Eckart Tolle, Adyashanti (don't recommend), Osho (don't recommend), The Tao Bums :), Barbara Brennan, The Matrix Experience, ... Actually I have over 300 books on spirituality and have participated and studied this topic all of my life. I am now 56 years old. So, perhaps my enlightened ego can help you on a human level?

:)

TI

Yes, AYP does give bad kundalini advice. Or one could say it doesn't give any real advice at all. The suggestion that spinal breathing will help is one of the most ridiculous ideas, IMO...the opposite of truth.

I personally had very ungrounding experiences from AYP and had to stop those practices altogether for a long long time in order to feel normal. I also saw the heavy handed moderation at that forum.

On the other hand, quite a few people have been practicing AYP for years and are happy with it.

no, "that poor Lomaximo's" biggest failure was not to ask my advice which is the gold standard of advice, and so much so that I wonder why Kundalini shakti doesnt ask for it, even though the evolutionary force has access to all information, I cant help but wonder if Lomaxmo will end up in a mental instution foaming at the mouth with a mind full of thorazine for not asking me.

• Like 2

There's this idea that there is a 'spiritual practice' for each person depending on who they are, their 'make-up', the time they live in, the people they meet/have access to and have affinity with. I suspect any practice if dogmatized away from the former may have issues for the people practicing it.

I reckon a difference between AYP forum and elsewhere (like TTB's for example) is that on AYP you're on a forum specifically dedicated to that practice/range of practices. And so the issues of control are likely in that context IMO.

I did check out AYP for some K-related issues but it was mostly to reassure myself that everything was 'cool' and 'normal' with my own 'K-process'. I don't know how stupid that sounds now. Hopefully stupid enough to shove a few people into reflection.

Basically, if I'm spending my time having my 'K-process' 'fixed' to varying degrees (I'm talking acupuncture, 5E, psychotherapy, astrology of various kinds, fun internet forums and lots and lots of reading across cultures, religions, practices, whatever) then what is it?

Edited for: déjà-vu alert

Edited by -K-

I am posting this post in hopes that Lomaximo and others will learn proper techniques and will be saved from much agony and suffering.

TI

Thanks for all the info on these practices, interesting to me partly because many folks on this forum have employed them or practices similar to them, and partly because I am always interested in aspects of the mind/body phenomena (if I may call it that). Some people have a natural talent for isolating muscle groups and exercising new coordinations, I may not be one of them but when I Lomaximo's account I'm not so unhappy about it.

Just being where I am doing nothing gets more appealing with everything I read, and it's not really different from any of these practices if these practices are what I need; the hardest thing is to discover what we really need right where we are, just at this moment, and the usual path to discovery is renunciation. That's where Lomaximo got into trouble, I think.

Edited by Mark Foote

Yes. That was my experience.

And, from what I remember, I was told that I needed to work out a solution for a kundalini problem for myself by trial and error.

I also realised (again rather rather belatedly :D) that there's a complete lack of understanding about self-inquiry, which (according to AYP teachings) is the essential ingredient necessary to complete the AYP "path".

When I tried to "promote" Direct Path self-inquiry, I was banned by "yogani" personally.

Furthermore, I was unable to locate anyone (including "yogani") who had actually attained liberation.

So, as far as I can see, AYP is an experiment in progress and if you want to volunteer as one of the Guinea pig s  - good luck to you.

Edited by gatito
typo

I didn't read anything in that thread that was any better (or worse) than some of the threads I read on TTB'S. IMO/IME

I don't know how to say that a 'spiritual path' can be very troublesome and painful AND that there are things (people and practices) that help and that there are things (people and practices) that don't help.

I will say that I prefer 'Taoist' practices and approaches and terminologies, even when dealing with 'kundalini'.

--- opinion etc----

Yes. That was my experience.

And, from what I remember, I was told that I needed to work out a solution for a kundalini problem for myself by trial and error.

I also realised (again rather rather belatedly :D) that there's a complete lack of understanding about self-inquiry, which (according to AYP teachings) is the essential ingredient necessary to complete the AYP "path".

When I tried to "promote" Direct Path self-inquiry, I was banned by "yogani" personally.

Furthermore, I was unable to locate anyone (including "yogani") who had actually attained liberation.

So, as far as I can see, AYP is an experiment in progress and if you want to volunteer as one of the gineaupigs - good luck to you.

Hey Gatito :)

Thank you very much for posting your opinion. I wish more people would come forward to help expose AYP for what it really is.

Your post below has also reaffirmed that AYP's solution to everything is Deep Meditation and Spinal Breathing, despite the intensity of kundalini overload or mental state. The AYP members continually suggest this, not because they understand the processes involved, but because they have been brainwashed.

Deep Meditation is TM (Transcendental Meditation) (even though Yogani has blown it up into something that purifies and will take you nearly all the way to enlightenment). Would someone please explain to me exactly how 'the relaxation response', which is what TM produces, will help one cope with kundalini overload? And, Spinal Breathing takes the kundalini energy and brings it up into the head. It intensifies kundalini. It fans the fire. How is that supposed to be good advice?

Yogani invented AYP. Basically, he took TM, disguised it and then combined it with watered down kriya yoga practices. There is proof, from Yogani himself.

In this next post by Yogani, back in 2005, not only does Yogani suggest that Taoism could never make you enlightened because it has no meditative practices that produce inner silence, but he has the audacity to say that his combined practices, drawn from various sources, are compatible..

link: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=500

(bolding is mine)

Keep in mind that my orientation has been yoga since the beginning 30-some years ago, and I have drawn on other systems, including taoist, to supplement yoga as practical. Maybe your orientation is taoist, and you are looking to supplement it with other systems, like yoga. There is nothing wrong with that. But there will only be so much you can use from other systems, depending on what you regard your core system to be. It is very difficult to equally divide practices between two or more systems, and that I do not recommend. Much better to choose a system having good set of compatible tools and then supplement here and there as necessary. That is what I did with yoga. In my case, a lot of the supplementing came by reaching across the lines dividing the various yoga systems themselves. I call it an integration of advanced yoga practices, as you know. There was a much higher rate of compatibility there.

So, if taoism is your core practice, maybe it would be better to be looking across the various lines within taoism first. I know that some taoist lines pay much closer attention to meditation than others. That is what many taoist systems are missing in my opinion. I do not believe that enlightenment can be achieved via chi/prana management alone. It is the same problem we find in kriya yoga, kundalini yoga, and other predominantly prana-based yoga systems. Deep meditation has to be brought in to complete the circuit of polarities. Inner silence and ecstatic (chi) energy must be joined everywhere to complete the process of enlightenment. So we need both sides -- not only one side.

How TAOism became so CHI-oriented is something of a mystery. In chasing the CHI, the TAO itself (undifferentiated pure bliss conscousness) seems to have gotten overlooked. So TAOism has become CHI-ism. From where I sit, the question is not how to do more with CHI. The real question is how to get the TAO (inner silence) back into TAOism. Perhaps this is already covered in the line of taoism you are following. As mentioned, some taoist lines do include meditation. But not many...

And then later, in the same post he claims that modern kriya yoga has been watered down!

In fact, in the original system of kriya yoga, a passive form of meditation was specified to be done after spinal breathing. That method is less effective than the pro-active mantra yoga method we use here in AYP. That is why AYP is what it is -- an attempt to improve on what has gone before, or perhaps restore what has been fragmented and eroded would be a better way to put it. If you take the modern forms of kriya yoga, or just about any other tradition, it is a pretty watered down situation these days. Blame it on the foibles of people and the passage of time ... it is no reflection on the great ones.

That is why I think it is so important to collect and integrate all of this precious knowledge and put it in writing as an open source. If we don't, there won't be much left to work with in a few more generations.

So we see Yogani twisting his words to make it look like he is preserving the classic kriya yoga practices, yet he eliminates the OM from spinal breathing, eliminates the OM from Navi kriya, holds the root lock (bandhas) throughout the inhale and exhale in Spinal Breathing.. That last one, is very interesting. In every other method I've read about to cultivate chi, or Norman Paulsen's version of SRF's spinal breathing, the root lock is not held throughout the whole breathing cycle. The bandhas are released, once the prana and apana are mixed (and in some cases mixed with udana by swallowing) and then mixture is drawn up the spine/sushumna. Could this be the reason why there are so many overloads at AYP?

And, yes, Gatito, Yogani's book on Self Inquiry is a veritable mystery to me. He seems to have condemned every other valid method of self inquiry and leaves the reader with the message that self-inquiry must be relational, that is, performed from inner silence in order to be effective. And, yes, you guessed it, the only way to cultivate inner silence is through Deep Meditation..

As for anybody being enlightened at AYP, I have to agree. Although you will find some members declaring to the world that they are in fact 'enlightened' (like Kirtanman), they have no special powers, are not omnipotent, omniscient or omnipresent.

And here is another enigma, which is probably born from Yogani's ignorance. In AYP, you stay away from the crown because it is dangerous (from Yogani):

link: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=500#2079

Yet, it is not as different as it might seem, at least not in AYP. We do not go up and out the crown. That is regarded as dangerous in the AYP approach, due to risk of premature crown opening (many complications) and other things related to maintaining speed and balance of purification and opening. AYP merges both ascending and descending energies from root to brow (third eye, as we call it) in spinal breathing.

In AYP spinal breathing, you add sambhavi (rolling the eyes upward to look at the third eye) (along with the various bandhas, root lock etc). I've been reading several sources that say that sambhavi opens the crown. I first heard this when I learned the Red Phoenix technique (Kunlun): "turning the eyes upwards opens the crown". I've now recently read that same idea in the book called "Meditation and It's Practices" by Adiswarananda. So, if sambhavi opens the crown (sahasrara), yet in AYP they stay away from the crown because it is dangerous, how can AYP add sambhavi to spinal breathing without at least mentioning the fact that it will open the crown directly, and could be dangerous? Isn't that a contradiction and demonstrates that Yogani doesn't have a clear understanding of all of that stuff that he calls "under the hood"?

Further, many teachings go directly to the crown and even meditate on the crown as a legitimate practice.

Anyway, Gatito, I was wondering.. which 'direct path self inquiry' were you recommending?

TI

I didn't read anything in that thread that was any better (or worse) than some of the threads I read on TTB'S. IMO/IME

I don't know how to say that a 'spiritual path' can be very troublesome and painful AND that there are things (people and practices) that help and that there are things (people and practices) that don't help.

I will say that I prefer 'Taoist' practices and approaches and terminologies, even when dealing with 'kundalini'.

--- opinion etc----

Hi -K- :)

Yes, you are right. There is both good and bad advice in that thread.

However, there are some common themes that re-occur consistently through most of the posts at AYP for anyone with any kind of problem (kundalini overload, psychosis, schizophrenia, advanced kriyas etc). 1) Deep Meditation will help and 2) Spinal Breathing will help. As these practices combined are often the causes of kundalini overload, as many long term AYP members have attested to, how can those practices be any help to someone who is overloading on kundalini?

At AYP there is a general trend to dismiss any practice that is not approved by Yogani. Further, other valid practices from non-AYP have been misrepresented and then downplayed; like AYP's mention of breath meditation.

Yogani's big argument against breath meditation is this: "what happens when your breath stops? If your breath stops during mantra repetition, you can always keep repeating the mantra. When your breath stops during breath meditation, there is nothing left to focus on." !!! Can you believe that? If you stop breathing, you are in nirvikalpa samadhi. Why would anyone do mantra repetition while in nirvikalpa samadhi? How could you, anyway?

Further, in AYP breath meditation, just focusing on breathing is all there is. There are no progressive steps to focus on the pleasurable sensations or the 'nimittas' (buddhist terminology for lights at the third eye) and progress into the jhanic states.

Sorry for ranting.. I appreciate your candidness and comments.

AUM

TI

PS. In my mind, viable kundalini overload remedies include the MC Orbit, keeping the tongue on the palette, the buddhist "hollow body" meditation, and any other activity that helps to ground the excess energy.. The first step is teaching people that they can actually do something about it, rather than have to suffer.

PS -2. And you know, the main difference between AYP and TTB is that you aren't going to get banned from TTB for presenting opposite points of view..

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

Hey TI :)

I was trying to point in this sort of direction: -

http://www.advaita.org.uk/discourses/atmananda/atmananda1.htm

g :)

Hi Gatito :)

Thank you so much for the link. I will check it out.

It is funny, too, because Ananda (on AYP) had a mini-awakening after reading the discourses:

link: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11508#11508

Hi all,

I was drawn today to read from a book I haven't touched since a long time back... I stopped at page 11 and always thought about picking up at some time in the future... Somehow the book crossed my mind today like it was calling me... It's the spiritual discourses of Sri Atmananda Krishna Menon... Anyways I opened the book and read until page 18 and felt like this is enough for now I'll finish up later... The few pages I've read spoke about the relation of the subject with object and how all is happening in consciousness and without it there wouldn't be a perceiver of the object.

Then I went to meditate and then suddenly everything melted into awareness... Myself, my thoughts my room ect... All limits dropped... then I cam back into my body awareness and the body started jolting like it was in samyama mode... And a big loud Ahhhh came out of me till the extent that my mom heard me from two rooms away... Some blockage got ripped open in my chest... And suddenly it was like a download... Everything is awareness... The subject and object are both awareness... All is awareness... Then it hit me that thoughts are also awareness... Feelings... Ect ect

All of this didn't feel the least mystic or like it was a peak experience... It just felt very natural and normal like this is how things really are... After I got up from my seat and started walking around the house... I realized again that thoughts are awareness... Suddenly, thoughts like what is this or what is that or is there more or I want more ect all were realized as awareness.

I am pushed from inside now to just share this message:

Thoughts are awareness!

Love,

Ananda

So, I will definately check out that site.. Thanks.

May the Divine Sun shine through you.

TI

Hi Tibetan Ice!

Yeah, I dunno, sounds like the banning thing on AYP is a bit too much. I mean even if AYP has its teacher/leader, IMO most of the folks must be more or less DIY-ing it? It seems counterproductive to embark folks on a system and then not provide for them when that system runs into particularities. It's possible that 'most people' who embark with discipline into AYP will not have issues and will get the results offered by the 'program' and so to take care of 'edge-cases' or even acknowledge them might not seem pertinent to that teacher. But here I'm wildly speculating and it would be better ask Yogani the questions.

The other thing is that all systems aside, this 'path' thing is a personal adventure and process. I don't know what else to add except that maybe its the opposite of a training mold.

---opinion etc.----

Hi, :)

Here is an update about Lomaximo, 18 days after his initial kundalini awakening...

He took the AYP bait and started DM and Spinal Breathing.

link: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11448&whichpage=3#99326

Hey everyone, it's been 18 days since my last post. I didn't update because my symptoms were gone and i became very balance with the kundalini. So i started reading the Main lessons from this website and started practicig the I AM meditation along with the spinal breathing. It all went good my kundalini symptoms were low but today it's awakened once again from doing spinal breathing. I am as before but with less anxiety, i can't sleep, my tailbone pain is back which was gone after the fith day my kundalini awoke last month. the only difference is that the burning sensation leans towards my left leg, very strange.

So i will do ground activities and stay away from spiritual practices. i want the opinion regarding if was it right for me to start doing spiritual practices after such tremendous experience?

So, it is as I predicted. Doing the standard AYP practices (especially spinal breathing) made it worse. Now Lomaximo is going to stay away from spiritual practices.

But, Christi, a long term member of AYP is still deluded. He writes in response to Lomaximo's latest post:

Many people who experience what you have been through suffer for a long time, not knowing what to do. With the guidance of people in this forum you have managed to get things to a controllable level in a very short space of time.

Gee, as far as we know the kundalini went away on it's own, without Lomaximo's efforts.

What Christi should have written is that kundalini went away on it's own but because of the advice of the people on the forum, and pressure to 'join the AYP program' by doing the Deep Meditation and Spinal Breathing, he's back into kundalini syndrome.

Hopefully Lomaximo will get a little wiser now..

Bad advice.. Yup.

:(

TI

• Like 1

Hi Everyone. :)

I was reading a post about someone called Lomaximo yesterday at AYP.

The link is here: I need help - spontaneous kundalini awakening

Lomaximo, a nineteen year old male from Venezuela had been practising Mantak Chia's methods in the "The Multi-Orgasmic Man : Sexual Secrets Every Man Should Know" book and has awakened his kundalini.

He posted his plight on the AYP forum.

I have posted a non-technique on the AYP forum (awaiting moderator approval) for lomaximo's consideration, and I sincerely hope it can be of use to him. I thought I would repost it here; I believe people can access their own healing in situations like this, and I think that's the direction someone like lomaximo needs to take, as any physical intervention could obscure to him the opportunity that his crisis presents.

"Hi, lomaximo,

Can I recommend a practice: http://www.zenmudra.com/zenmudra-waking-up-and-falling-asleep.html

The idea here is to follow your sense of location in space, and it's probably easiest to do this just before falling asleep. That might sound like it has nothing to do with the energies you are experiencing at your tailbone, yet I think you will find that it does. Another explanation for the phenomena you are experiencing can be found in the writings of John Upledger, a cranial-sacral osteopath, and the idea is that you now need to encourage the cranial-sacral rhythm at the place the cranial-sacral rhythm is moving well in order to open the place that is stuck. What I am experiencing myself is that if I stay with my sense of location as awareness takes place, I am automatically encouraging the cranial-sacral rhythm at the place the rhythm is moving well.

That is to say, you only need to wake up or fall asleep to the sense of place you are experiencing right now, in order to heal yourself. I am hoping that this helps; all the best to you, Mark"

• Like 1

I have posted a non-technique on the AYP forum (awaiting moderator approval) for lomaximo's consideration, and I sincerely hope it can be of use to him. I thought I would repost it here; I believe people can access their own healing in situations like this, and I think that's the direction someone like lomaximo needs to take, as any physical intervention could obscure to him the opportunity that his crisis presents.

"Hi, lomaximo,

Can I recommend a practice: http://www.zenmudra.com/zenmudra-waking-up-and-falling-asleep.html

The idea here is to follow your sense of location in space, and it's probably easiest to do this just before falling asleep. That might sound like it has nothing to do with the energies you are experiencing at your tailbone, yet I think you will find that it does. Another explanation for the phenomena you are experiencing can be found in the writings of John Upledger, a cranial-sacral osteopath, and the idea is that you now need to encourage the cranial-sacral rhythm at the place the cranial-sacral rhythm is moving well in order to open the place that is stuck. What I am experiencing myself is that if I stay with my sense of location as awareness takes place, I am automatically encouraging the cranial-sacral rhythm at the place the rhythm is moving well.

That is to say, you only need to wake up or fall asleep to the sense of place you are experiencing right now, in order to heal yourself. I am hoping that this helps; all the best to you, Mark"

Hi Mark, :)

I'm not sure that a kundalini arising or overload is a disease that needs to be healed. It is more like a release of high current liquid light energy that can cause horrible symptoms if it gets into the wrong places. But, I suppose, it is a form of dis-ease. :)

Funny, I took a course on cranial sacral therapy many years ago. Basically, I learned to sense the cranial sacral pulse by placing my fingers at the base of the skull. Yes, there is a pulse there. There are two tubes that are supposed to go down the spine, and by plugging them at top, they expand like balloons, and this is a method of aligning the spine. But I do not see how this relates to kundalini energy flow. The pain at the tailbone is when kundalini is trying to break through the knot of Brahma Granthi down there so that she can enter the spine. It is a very painful experience. At least, it was for me. I had intense pain that lasted about a week. I could not sit down, it hurt so bad. However, cranial sacral therapy aligns the spine, and the pain comes when kundalini is trying to break open the BG knot. I don't see how the two relate. Perhaps you could elaborate?

As well, I had high pressure in the head until I learned about keeping the tongue on the palette. Also, the MC Orbit helped quite a bit too. These are remedies proposed by Mantak Chia himself, in the same document. It would sure be nice if someone asked Lomaximo why he doesn't try those two remedies by Mantak Chia. I can't, since I have been banned from posting at AYP and Lomaximo does not have an email address on the forum to contact him privately.

TI

• Like 1

I'm not sure that a kundalini arising or overload is a disease that needs to be healed. It is more like a release of high current liquid light energy that can cause horrible symptoms if it gets into the wrong places. But, I suppose, it is a form of dis-ease. :)

Funny, I took a course on cranial sacral therapy many years ago. Basically, I learned to sense the cranial sacral pulse by placing my fingers at the base of the skull. Yes, there is a pulse there. There are two tubes that are supposed to go down the spine, and by plugging them at top, they expand like balloons, and this is a method of aligning the spine. But I do not see how this relates to kundalini energy flow. The pain at the tailbone is when kundalini is trying to break through the knot of Brahma Granthi down there so that she can enter the spine. It is a very painful experience. At least, it was for me. I had intense pain that lasted about a week. I could not sit down, it hurt so bad. However, cranial sacral therapy aligns the spine, and the pain comes when kundalini is trying to break open the BG knot. I don't see how the two relate. Perhaps you could elaborate?

As well, I had high pressure in the head until I learned about keeping the tongue on the palette. Also, the MC Orbit helped quite a bit too. These are remedies proposed by Mantak Chia himself, in the same document. It would sure be nice if someone asked Lomaximo why he doesn't try those two remedies by Mantak Chia. I can't, since I have been banned from posting at AYP and Lomaximo does not have an email address on the forum to contact him privately.

TI

I'm not actually familiar with kundalini energy up the spine. I am familiar with a coordination associated with muscles and ligaments of the spine in seated meditation that closes my jaw and pivots my eyes downward. I'm still learning what this coordination is about, and how I can extend the experience.

The cranial-sacral theory I'm familiar with is largely John Upledger's, with a little bit of Raymond Richard thrown in. Upledger spoke of locating the places in the body where the cranial-sacral rhythm was strong and adding 5 grams of pressure to the movement, the weight of a nickel, in order to open movement in parts that were stuck. My own impression is that the sense of location in consciousness naturally adds movement where the movement is good, provided the occurrence of consciousness is spontaneous.

The spontaneous occurrence of consciousness often shifts among the six senses, and in the body often shifts from place to place; this is most easily recognized just before falling asleep. The body of referred sensation, the ability to feel throughout the body, appears to be important with respect to the location of consciousness in space.

An interesting part of my experience is that the coordination that I need at the moment and the understanding appropriate to my coordination can come out of the location of consciousness in space. It's a lot like the bottom dropping out of the barrel, and if I can accept my anxiety around not holding on I find I have what I need. Not mine, but right here.

Maybe I'm not the one to advise lomaximo, as I've never broken any knots that I know of, but I think he needs a way to relax into where he is at the moment. The rest I think he will find, once he allows himself waking up and falling asleep right where he is at the moment.

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Like 1

TI

TI and Mark, I am getting some cranial-sacral work at the moment, I absolutely love it, I fall asleep somewhere in the middle or the beginning or somewhere I just can't remember except that I wake up so relaxed that I can't move for a while.

About what you said TI about the pressure building up in the fluid, I had a patient with an undiagnosed blockage in her cervical, blocking the cranial-sacral fluid. She exhibited Bipolar symptoms for about 2 years that caused her marriage to almost end, when they cleared the blockage in the hospital she was her old self again. It was a magical moment for her and her husband, he got his wife back.

As for this being responsible for the kundalini pain at the base chakra, I don't think it would be. However I would recommend the cranial-sacral work for any and everybody, but it probably won't help kundalini syndrome, except perhaps make it worse as the system clears and the energy can flow even faster, then he would have problems bigger than Mount Everest.

• Like 1

Hurrm.

Not quite sure what to add exactly except that from my studying and experiences, many practices are intendend both to awaken kundalini and deal with it/her

once a person is dealing with it/her.

So I gotta wonder here, who is doing the what to whom?

--2 cts --- opinion etc---