manitou

Riding the Ox

Vortex, I hardly know what to say. Your triangulation was incredible. Thank you so much for taking the time to do that.

The mountain goat thing makes total sense, particularly at this point in my life. Finding one's own balance, finding one's own strength, one's own food, one's own ledge...it just makes perfect sense. The mountain of poop thing is certainly telling as well. Luckily, that horrible situation resolved nicely. I actually boiled a bunch of Smooth Move tea and threw it down there. Figured it works good for constipation, which is truly what my sewer tank had.

The metaphors run rampant.

btw, love your new avatar. I could sit and watch it all day.

Edited by manitou

I'm doing my probably 30th reading of The Impersonal Life. One of those books that says different things each time you read it, because your eyes have evolved. I just came across a wonderful passage, pertaining to manifestation.

In the Eternal there is no Time, or Space, or Individuality, and it is only by reason of the phenomenon of Thought being born from the womb of Mind into the world of Matter that the illusions of Time and Space and Individulity occur; the thought, or Creature, acquiring the consciousness of separateness from its Thinker or Creator.

So it was then that the first tendency to think yourself as separate from Me was born. The complete consciousness of separation did not become established until long after.

In the beginning, when You thus first entered into Earth expression, obeying the impulse I had sent forth through My concentrated Thought, You, one of My Attributes, surrounded or clothed Your Self with My Idea of My Self in expression as the particular Attribute You represented. You being the animating Force of that Idea.

In other words, My Idea of My Self expressing that particular Attribute then became the Soul of Your particular expression. But the Idea or Soul is not You, remember, for You are really a part of Me, being My Self in expression through the medium of that particular Attribute.

Having clothed Your Self with My Idea, this Idea then, through the necessity of Its be-ing, immediately began to attract to Itself the necessary Thought Substance requisite for the expression of that particular Attribute, and to build and shape it into My Image and Likeness. It thus became a Holy Temple, filled with My living Presence, because inhabited by You, one of My Divine Attributes.

This aligns so very well with the TTC, in my opinion. It seems that the journey we're on finally takes us to a place where we realize we really have no individuality at all; that we are only the animated appendage of the Dao, the real Essence of us. And riding the ox in this context is to try and keep this in mind always - that seems to be the challenge. Who we Are and What We're Manifesting.

I think we're manifesting Love, if we're doing it right.

Hello Manitou,

Glad you liked the partial picture (jpg) from several posts back. The complete form of it can be found with a search engine used for: Jean-Francois-Millet, Shepherdess-with-her-flock. (I'm not sure about copyrights related to the reposting of pictures from various sources... some put marks on their pictures and some don't?)

Good day, Bob