• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#1 Vmarco

Vmarco

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:"a single flash of the mind's clear light erases aeons of karmic conditioning and spiritual blindness" - Tilopa

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Having a propensity for being homosexual, bisexual, or transgender is a natural condition, not an indoctrination into a belief as Right-Wing America proselytize. The idea of binary gender is a belief. Those in authority see male and female, and thus for them there is only male and female. If one does not fit the stereotype of binary gender, a belief is entrained that such a person is an abnormal person, and a threat to the prominent belief in charge. Right-Wing America, for the most part, believe that they should have the legal right to abort the life of all LGBT's "...out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values.”

Homosexuality, bisexuality, and transgender are Gender Identities. The most confusing for most is the Transgender Person, because their gender identity does not explicitly match their Sexual Expression. An outwardly anatomical born xy male, or xxy male, can very well be inwardly female, but have a preference for Transbian sex. Because a presumed "guy" dresses in female clothing, does not mean they're interested in sex with men. Many transpersons forced into prostitution because of societies bias, don't even like men.

The transgender person is the most deprived of Human Rights in America, and because they are seen by "proper society" as mentally impaired, they are subsequently afforted few basic rights. In Texas, as with many other States, even the suspicion that someone is transgender is grounds to terminate employment. Those actions, filtered through the insanity of Christian beliefs of what is male/female, have placed TG's in considerable harms way.

The transgender experience one of the most extreme levels of discrimination. Rejection, harassment, victimization, brutality, not only from family and the public-at-large, but also from institutions entrusted with the welfare of the people. Statistics show that transgender persons are exposed to the highest rates of prejudice, mean-spiritedness, violence, and institutional discrimination in America. TG's are more likely to be murdered or a victim of violence than 3 times that of Black males.

A male homosexual, does not have the same gender idenity as a hetero male,...both are male, but a different, naturally conditioned male. There is not one (1) prototype of male gender. Likewise, with Lesbians.

The only thing unnatural about LGBT's, are those who argue, sometimes to the point of hate and violence, that LGBT's are unnatural. LGBT's are disproportionately affected by significant problems, which not only includes bias-motivated violence, but daily exposure to mean-spirited, condemning, vicious, vindictive, and immoral abuse.

The current Texas GOP Official Platform says: ”[LGBT] behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God,….We oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose [LGBT’s] out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values.”

That Platform is shared by most Tea Party Christocrats in America.

Edited by Vmarco, 03 April 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#2 Protector

Protector

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4722 posts
  • Interests:Pepsi, Fanta, Mustard, Meat, Fresh apples, Females, Learning, Old Cartoons, That Feeling, Horse Stance

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

I will never forget you, report button *salutes*

Sword cuts in two pieces
Cutting two pieces is easy
Cutting two into one is hard part
You don't cut opponent
It is against universal law
You cut two into one

GRYFFINDOR

matamune2_normal.gif
It would mean a lot to me if you read this.

#3 konchog uma

konchog uma

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2922 posts
  • Interests:-
    skygazing
    soothsaying
    swashbuckling

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

I think the right wing is basically at war with anyone who isn't a white christian american male, or the women who subserviantly gestate and birth their babies (godpleaseletitbeaboy)

cept for the closeted ones! hahaaha

it is a shame.

the problem with the right wing is that people actually associate them with god and jesus and spiritual truth. HAHAHHAHAHA
"All the philosophical theories that exist have been created by the mistaken dualistic minds of human beings. in the realm of philosophy, that which today is considered true, may tomorrow be proved to be false. No one can guarantee a philosophy's validity. Because of this any intellectual way of seeing whatsoever is always partial and relative. The fact is that there is no truth to see or to confirm logically; rather what one needs to do is to discover just how much the mind continually limits itself in a condition of dualism." -Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

#4 Vmarco

Vmarco

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:"a single flash of the mind's clear light erases aeons of karmic conditioning and spiritual blindness" - Tilopa

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

I think the right wing is basically at war with anyone who isn't a white christian american male, or the women who subserviantly gestate and birth their babies (godpleaseletitbeaboy)

The American Tea Party themesong:

#5 Northern Avid Judo Ant

Northern Avid Judo Ant

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4531 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

On the path of nature, i choose to accept what i am, the way i am, and make not effort to choose to express myself differently than what i am equipped to do so with.

If i were gay, i would be gay, but i would not try to stand out (flamboyant), if i were transgender, i would probably not be any different than i am now, except my wardrobe :D :lol:

It makes no difference what you are or how you feel, but what you do naturally and autonomously as opposed to forced change or efforts to express something.

If it takes an extra effort, it probably isnt terribly natural. Not to say it's wrong, but it shouldnt TAKE AN EFFORT to be gay or transgender if it comes to you naturally.

My 3 cents, cuz 2 wasnt fair.

#6 Vmarco

Vmarco

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

If i were gay, i would be gay, but i would not try to stand out (flamboyant), if i were transgender, i would probably not be any different than i am now, except my wardrobe :D :lol:

My 3 cents, cuz 2 wasnt fair.

Transgender is not a Clothes Fetish. And I doubt that most flamboyant gays ever think to pretend to be non-flamboyant.

But hey,...no worries,...the majority of people don't have a clue as to the nature of LGBT's. Would be great however, if they could live as they are.

#7 Northern Avid Judo Ant

Northern Avid Judo Ant

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4531 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Well, okay, i cannot honestly say for sure one way or the other, but it strikes me as such a put-on, a deliberate and intentional effort to act a certain way. Flamboyance isnt necessarily an effort, but it does not strike me as being autonomous either.

In a perfect world, everyone could be who/whatever they naturally were/are without prejudice or resistence/enforced control.

Also, in a perfect world, i'd have silver-white hair at age 13 but not due to any health problems :lol:

#8 Vmarco

Vmarco

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

In a perfect world, everyone could be who/whatever they naturally were/are without prejudice or resistence/enforced control.

Also, in a perfect world, i'd have silver-white hair at age 13 but not due to any health problems :lol:

Yes,...in my vision of a perfect world, "everyone could be who/whatever they naturally were/are without prejudice or resistence/enforced control," also.

Of course in a Christian or Muslem's perfect world, all LGBT's would be killed.

As for silver hair,...if you are implying wisdom, why would a wise person have grey hair? Why are we media-ted with such a belief?

Tilopa said,
"When serving a karmamudra, the pure awareness
of bliss and emptiness will arise:
Composed in a blessed union of insight and means,
Slowly send down, retain and draw back up the bodhichitta,
And conducting it to the source, saturate the entire body.

Then gaining long-life and eternal youth, waxing like the moon,
Radiant and clear, with the strength of a lion,
You will quickly gain mundane power and suprem enlightenment.
May this pith instruction in Mahamudra
Remain in the hearts of fortunate beings."

#9 joeblast

joeblast

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6538 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

cept for the closeted ones! hahaaha

it is a shame.

the problem with the right wing is that people actually associate them with god and jesus and spiritual truth. HAHAHHAHAHA

LOL seriously!? the problem with an nonobjective media is that they get to make up whatever the hell they want to say and it echoes around the chamber until all nod and conclude it is factual. certainly your words do describe a very small subset of rather fundamentalist christians, but to extrapolate that to anyone who is not a committed leftist is...well, I'll be diplomatic and just say "quite incorrect."

pretty much everyone everywhere since the beginnings of the human race have defined marriage as between a man and a woman. relatively recently we have notions that all ideas are equal and the politically correct anti discrimination nazis are coming to make sure all and everything is equal and non discriminatory and in such verbiage so as there can be no way anyone can take offense...

:lol: I think if these PC nazis were making a constitution today, they would declare that offending someone would be punishable by law :lol: (Hey Ginsburg, would that be in your new constitution?? :rolleyes: )

I have no problem giving the LGBT partner the full compliment of rights as per a traditional marriage, and in many places that's how it goes and its all good. What's the problem?

But I abhor changing the definitions of things to suit the times. All changing the definition of terms does is sow confusion. I mean, read the words on this page, cripes...

#10 Vmarco

Vmarco

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

But I abhor changing the definitions of things to suit the times. All changing the definition of terms does is sow confusion. I mean, read the words on this page, cripes...

And isn't that exactly what Theists do?

As Sam Harris said, “Moderates do not want to kill anyone in the name of God, but they want us to keep using the word God as though we knew what we were talking about. They do not want anything too critical said about people who really believe in the god of their fathers because tolerance, perhaps above all else, is sacred. To speak plainly and truthfully about the state of our world—to say, for instance, that the Bible and the Koran both contain mountains of life-destroying gibberish—is antithetical to tolerance as moderates currently conceive it. However, we can no longer afford the luxury of such political correctness. We must finally recognize the price that we are paying to maintain the iconography of our ignorance.”

#11 ralis

ralis

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4865 posts
  • Interests:Qigong

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

And isn't that exactly what Theists do?

As Sam Harris said, “Moderates do not want to kill anyone in the name of God, but they want us to keep using the word God as though we knew what we were talking about. They do not want anything too critical said about people who really believe in the god of their fathers because tolerance, perhaps above all else, is sacred. To speak plainly and truthfully about the state of our world—to say, for instance, that the Bible and the Koran both contain mountains of life-destroying gibberish—is antithetical to tolerance as moderates currently conceive it. However, we can no longer afford the luxury of such political correctness. We must finally recognize the price that we are paying to maintain the iconography of our ignorance.”

Frank Luntz the right wing Republican operative, propagandist and pollster, re-frames terms to fit the needs of the right wing. E.g. the "estate tax" is now the "death tax", "global warming" is re-framed to "climate change". Changing the term changes the meaning in weak minded fools that are easily manipulated.

Luntz, Limbaugh, Beck et al, all learned from the master propagandist Joseph Goebbels. All are Machiavellian in their quest for power.

This link is an archive for Goebbels speeches.

http://www.calvin.ed...pa/goebmain.htm

#12 Vmarco

Vmarco

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

Frank Luntz the right wing Republican operative, propagandist and pollster, re-frames terms to fit the needs of the right wing. E.g. the "estate tax" is now the "death tax", "global warming" is re-framed to "climate change". Changing the term changes the meaning in weak minded fools that are easily manipulated.

Luntz, Limbaugh, Beck et al, all learned from the master propagandist Joseph Goebbels. All are Machiavellian in their quest for power.

Wasn't it Frank Luntz who wrote the Techniques for Truth Suppression for a Seminar of Republican Activists?

Tea Party Christocrat Worksheet of Techniques for Truth Suppression, adopted from a seminar for Republican Activists

Strong, credible allegations of high-level criminal activity can bring down a government. When the government lacks an effective, fact-based defense, other techniques must be employed. The success of these techniques depends heavily upon a cooperative, compliant press.

Dummy up. If it's not reported, if it's not news, it didn't happen.

Wax indignant. This is also known as the "How dare you?" gambit.

Characterize the charges as "rumors" or, better yet, "wild rumors." If, in spite of the news blackout, the public is still able to learn about the suspicious facts, it can only be through "rumors." (If they tend to believe the "rumors" it must be because they are simply "paranoid" or "hysterical.")

Knock down straw men. Deal only with the weakest aspects of the weakest charges. Even better, create your own straw men. Make up wild rumors (or plant false stories) and give them lead play when you appear to debunk all the charges, real and fanciful alike.

Call the skeptics names like "conspiracy theorist," "nutcase," "ranter," "leftist", "commie", "kook," "crackpot", and, of course, "rumor monger." Be sure, too, to use heavily loaded verbs and adjectives when characterizing their charges and defending the "more reasonable" government and its defenders. You must then carefully avoid fair and open debate with any of the people you have thus maligned. For insurance, set up your own "skeptics" to shoot down.

Impugn motives. Attempt to marginalize the critics by suggesting strongly that they are not really interested in the truth but are simply pursuing a partisan political agenda or are out to make money (compared to over-compensated adherents to the government line who, presumably, are not).

Invoke authority. Here the controlled press and the sham opposition can be very useful.

Dismiss the charges as "old news."

Come half-clean. This is also known as "confession and avoidance" or "taking the limited hangout route." This way, you create the impression of candor and honesty while you admit only to relatively harmless, less-than-criminal "mistakes." This stratagem often requires the embrace of a fall-back position quite different from the one originally taken. With effective damage control, the fall-back position need only be peddled by stooge skeptics to carefully limited markets.

Characterize the crimes as impossibly complex and the truth as ultimately unknowable.

Reason backward, using the deductive method with a vengeance. With thoroughly rigorous deduction, troublesome evidence is irrelevant. E.g. We have a completely free press. If evidence exists that the Vince Foster "suicide" note was forged, they would have reported it. They haven't reported it so there is no such evidence. Another variation on this theme involves the likelihood of a conspiracy leaker and a press who would report the leak.

Require the skeptics to solve the crime completely. E.g. If Foster was murdered, who did it and why?

Change the subject. This technique includes creating and/or publicizing distractions.

Lightly report incriminating facts, and then make nothing of them. This is sometimes referred to as "bump and run" reporting.

Baldly and brazenly lie. A favorite way of doing this is to attribute the "facts" furnished the public to a plausible-sounding, but anonymous, source.

Expanding further on numbers 4 and 5, have your own stooges "expose" scandals and champion popular causes. Their job is to pre-empt real opponents and to play 99-yard football. A variation is to pay rich people for the job who will pretend to spend their own money.

Flood the Internet with agents. This is the answer to the question, "What could possibly motivate a person to spend hour upon hour on Internet news groups defending the government and/or the press and harassing genuine critics?" Don t the authorities have defenders enough in all the newspapers, magazines, radio, and television? One would think refusing to print critical letters and screening out serious callers or dumping them from radio talk shows would be control enough, but, obviously, it is not.

#13 konchog uma

konchog uma

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2922 posts
  • Interests:-
    skygazing
    soothsaying
    swashbuckling

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

LOL seriously!?

LOL yup

pretty much everyone everywhere since the beginnings of the human race have defined marriage as between a man and a woman.

lol thats because homosexuals and lesbians are a minority, statistically speaking. And what humans do in a dark age doesn't interest me. Acceptance of all manifestations of the spectrum of human sexuality is a far more interesting topic. Anything to add on that note?
"All the philosophical theories that exist have been created by the mistaken dualistic minds of human beings. in the realm of philosophy, that which today is considered true, may tomorrow be proved to be false. No one can guarantee a philosophy's validity. Because of this any intellectual way of seeing whatsoever is always partial and relative. The fact is that there is no truth to see or to confirm logically; rather what one needs to do is to discover just how much the mind continually limits itself in a condition of dualism." -Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

#14 Green Tiger

Green Tiger

bibbity bobbity boo

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:internal arts, Stillness-Movement, n'stuff

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

LOL yup

lol thats because homosexuals and lesbians are a minority, statistically speaking. And what humans do in a dark age doesn't interest me. Acceptance of all manifestations of the spectrum of human sexuality is a far more interesting topic. Anything to add on that note?

I kissed a boy once . . . as he and I tag-teamed his ex-girlfriend. I'm not sure where that puts me on the spectrum of human sexuality, but I enjoyed every second of it.
"I don't lie.  Lying makes you tense."  -- Grandmaster Wai Lun Choi

#15 rainbowvein

rainbowvein

☼ ★ ☉☌☽ ☯ ☆ ☄

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5306 posts
  • Interests:heart tenderizers

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

I kissed a boy once . . . as he and I tag-teamed his ex-girlfriend. I'm not sure where that puts me on the spectrum of human sexuality, but I enjoyed every second of it.

What fun, in exploring your sexuality. :)

Edited by rainbowvein, 05 April 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#16 joeblast

joeblast

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6538 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Of course I never have denied theists having their own issues, just like any other group there's some manifestation of "issues."

I dunno, "the side that supports this" basically also supports complete and utter fiscal recklessness, apparently. That's really what I have a problem with. This social stuff...in the larger scheme, is it really *that* big of a deal - thus I really identify a little more with the libertarian point of view on many things, the "this isnt important enough for the involvement of the behwemoth juggernaut government."

That fake paper was pretty funny - what's the term for when you are blatantly doing something so you create a diversionary tactic by claiming your opponent is blatantly doing that very thing? :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users