DragonGateNYC

NOTICE: Master Wang Liping 2012 US Intensive

Please be advised that Grand Master Wang Liping is NOT holding a United States Intensive this year. Any promotion of Master Wang holding an intensive this December 2012, in the United States should be recognized as incorrect.

We hope Master will be able to come teach us in the United States next year or as soon as possible. This is not a Visa issue, Master is able to obtain a United States Visa anytime. Master Wang is simply in very high demand and never did commit to teaching in the United States for this year. We would like to help set the record straight so you don't have to plan your schedule around a non-event.

We apologize for the incorrect promotion by kathy li; this is not the wish of Master Wang.

• Like 1

How about Laozi Academy promoted a possible seminar in December 2012. The possible dates of a possible seminar would depend on Master Wang's Visa.

I've spoken with Dr. Li by phone and spent time with Dr. Sun last spring. They are nice people. It's not cool that your post is implying that they do things without the wishes of Master Wang.

Nashville is a small town compared to NYC, but there are a lot of people in my city practicing Taiji because of me.I know people with money totally committed to their Taiji, Mandarin lessons, and hillbilly Taoist retreats who could be practicing the Ling Bao arts, BUT when they see this back and forth crap, they lose all interest.

I'm only going to say this once...whatever beef exists between you and Dr. Li's group needs to be squashed. People on the outside (and inside for that matter) are getting tired of this bullshit, and I seem to recall Master Wang's real wish was to create interest in Taoism in the U.S.

• Like 3

Please be advised that Grand Master Wang Liping is NOT holding a United States Intensive this year. Any promotion of Master Wang holding an intensive this December 2012, in the United States should be recognized as incorrect.

We hope Master will be able to come teach us in the United States next year or as soon as possible. This is not a Visa issue, Master is able to obtain a United States Visa anytime. Master Wang is simply in very high demand and never did commit to teaching in the United States for this year. We would like to help set the record straight so you don't have to plan your schedule around a non-event.

We apologize for the incorrect promotion by kathy li; this is not the wish of Master Wang.

Let's get this straight here. Students are contacting me to register for this non event this December because no one has informed them that Master Wang will not be teaching in the US. Now WHEN was kathy going to announce that Master Wang is NOT coming? Is this fair to students who are looking forward to attending and making plans around this non intensive?

If you want to clear some bullshit, then lets start right here with this intensive that is STILL being PROMOTED as a valid event. kathy continues to misrepresent Master Wang as she deems convenient.

NICE? You think conflicts arise because kathy has been an honorable person? You seem intelligent and reasonable; i recommend you do some research before you assume anything. Don't you deserve to know that Master Wang is not coming to teach this December, so you may allot your time more functionally?

Edited by DragonGateNYC

Let's get this straight here. Students are contacting me to register for this non event this December because no one has informed them that Master Wang will not be teaching in the US. Now WHEN was kathy going to announce that Master Wang is NOT coming? Is this fair to students who are looking forward to attending and making plans around this non intensive?

Students are contacting you about an event that Kathy is promoting...pause. Think about what you just said.

I'm a personal trainer. Some of my clients want to study Taiji with me, but don't want to train with my Sifu for whatever reason. If one of my classmates is promoting some seminar where my Sigung is supposed to be teaching, and these people studying under me ask about what my classmates are promoting, I send them to my classmates.

You see how that works?

If you want to clear some bullshit, then lets start right here with this intensive that is STILL being PROMOTED as a valid event. kathy continues to misrepresent Master Wang as she deems convenient.

NICE? You think conflicts arise because kathy has been an honorable person? You seem intelligent and reasonable; i recommend you do some research before you assume anything. Don't you deserve to know that Master Wang is not coming to teach this December, so you may allot your time more functionally?

If you want to clear up some bullshit, you need to have a meeting with Kathy and some of the other Longmen Pai "leaders" to get things out in the open. You don't act like a baby on an open forum where people you hope to recruit can see. This bickering online really is not professional.

• Like 3

Oh my goodness thank you so much for this information. I was planning on visiting the USA in december for this seminar.

God Bless

Students are contacting you about an event that Kathy is promoting...pause. Think about what you just said.

I'm a personal trainer. Some of my clients want to study Taiji with me, but don't want to train with my Sifu for whatever reason. If one of my classmates is promoting some seminar where my Sigung is supposed to be teaching, and these people studying under me ask about what my classmates are promoting, I send them to my classmates.

You see how that works?

If you want to clear up some bullshit, you need to have a meeting with Kathy and some of the other Longmen Pai "leaders" to get things out in the open. You don't act like a baby on an open forum where people you hope to recruit can see. This bickering online really is not professional.

I'd be pretty upset if I was told Wang Liping was coming and at the seminar it's one of his students and not him. Its false advertising.

It seems like every time this happens it is a matter of somebody says we're trying to get this together for then, people in turn say wonderful, master wang is coming! yipeeeee!

I'd be pretty upset if I was told Wang Liping was coming and at the seminar it's one of his students and not him. Its false advertising.

I'd be pretty upset if I came to a seminar that hasn't been announced,too. Reading is a fundamental,but comprehension is even more important. I suggest you try it.

• Like 1

It seems like every time this happens it is a matter of somebody says we're trying to get this together for then, people in turn say wonderful, master wang is coming! yipeeeee!

Exactly, because this is exactly what happens. Dr. Sun said, "we hope to bring Master Wang here for a retreat next year." His wife posts online that there may be a retreat at a location that I may have helped pick while I was with Dr. Sun. Keep in mind that all of it is tentative-- what people who are not planning anything hear-- "Master Wang is coming in December!"

Guess what? I was planning to host Master Fong Ha for a seminar last Fall. I contacted him, informed him that he is kungfu brothers with my Sitaigung, he agrees to come. So we have an agreement on both sides for a possible seminar-- sometimes shit happens. Seminars are hard to plan.

Anyway, like I said in a previous post-- Ms. DragonGate, you need to meet with Dr. Li with some other teachers present and settle whatever issue you have face to face.

As for those of you who feel misled-- you only have yourself to blame. Until you know that Master Wang is definitely going to be in Columbia, New York, or somewhere in between you need to chill out and just make plans to go to Europe or China.

man...this is why I rarely come here anymore

• Like 1

Thank you for announcing this. Me and most Master Wang students were still planning to be available to study with Master Wang in the US this December, so you are indeed correct to make this public. Thank you kindly for continuing to support Master Wang accurately. It is not fair to us students that Kathy has chosen not to announce this information. Why is she keeping this important information from us? We had expected her representation to be accurate and up to date.

Kathy, so really, when were you planning to tell us that Master is not coming?

This is a very simple announcement to let everyone know that the US intensive is not happening this year. So, prince, don't stray off on a tangent. You make it sound as if Kathy was going to teach all the students herself that were to show up for Master Wang's December Intensive. If that was the plan, I assure you it wouldn't fly. I for one would be deeply insulted and feel betrayed. I would demand a refund.

Edited by MarkB

Thank you for announcing this. Me and most Master Wang students were still planning to be available to study with Master Wang in the US this December, so you are indeed correct to make this public. Thank you kindly for continuing to support Master Wang accurately. It is not fair to us students that Kathy has chosen not to announce this information. Why is she keeping this important information from us? We had expected her representation to be accurate and up to date.

Kathy, so really, when were you planning to tell us that Master is not coming?

This is a very simple announcement to let everyone know that the US intensive is not happening this year. So, prince, don't stray off on a tangent. You make it sound as if Kathy was going to teach all the students herself that were to show up for Master Wang's December Intensive. If that was the plan, I assure you it wouldn't fly. I for one would be deeply insulted and feel betrayed. I would demand a refund.

At no point have I ever made it sound as if Kathy was going to teach anything. The only thing I ever said was that it was announced that Master Wang might have a seminar in the US. There are a large number of things that may or may not happen. What HAS happened is an apparent misunderstanding by everyone who made plans in advance to attend a seminar which was never announced.

Of course I find it amusing that you're making demands on what Dr. Li ought to do on a message board where I see her being name bashed continuously. So yes, Dr. Li should take time away from training with Master Wang (since she's in China right now) to answer everyone's questions about a seminar they have been wanting to do for how many years now?