Every time the news are on

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Protector

Protector

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4750 posts
  • Interests:Pepsi, Fanta, Mustard, Meat, Fresh apples, Females, Learning, Old Cartoons, That Feeling, Horse Stance

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

I can't deal with this bullshit
and so let's make eight to ten page threads talking about this bullshit

I will never forget you, report button *salutes*

Sword cuts in two pieces
Cutting two pieces is easy
Cutting two into one is hard part
You don't cut opponent
It is against universal law
You cut two into one

GRYFFINDOR

matamune2_normal.gif
It would mean a lot to me if you read this.

#2 Immortal4life

Immortal4life

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1845 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

Bahahahaha! Most interesting thread here. +1 Sinfest.

#3 Marblehead

Marblehead

Untitled

• Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23156 posts
  • Interests:Short Skirts and Bikinis

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

I don't spend much time listening to the news. I look at the headlines once in the morning and once in the evening but will rarely read the actually article. It's just too depressing for me and I don't need depression in my life. Besides, I honestly do think that much of it really is BS.

I reserve the right to be wrong.

post-42212-0-11315200-1380315953.jpg          I reserve the right to change my mind.          post-42212-0-03947700-1380315992.jpg

Peace & Contentment!

#4 joeblast

joeblast

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7057 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:08 AM

yeah, who cares if the president hot mics treason, post racists really are just racists, whether that's a good excuse to justify constitutional illegalities or not, political correctness says you're a misogynist fascist if you disagree...

#5 Protector

Protector

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4750 posts
  • Interests:Pepsi, Fanta, Mustard, Meat, Fresh apples, Females, Learning, Old Cartoons, That Feeling, Horse Stance

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

heehee http://grocbrostar.tumblr.com/

Sword cuts in two pieces
You don't cut opponent
You cut two into one

GRYFFINDOR

matamune2_normal.gif

#6 Owledge

Owledge

Owl on edge - owlverdrive owlnage!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2792 posts
  • Interests:wisdom, success, my little ponies, dowlphins (with and without laser cannons), music and other art, being successful, gaining wisdom, redundancy, redundancy, repetition, incomplete lists, ...

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for pointing to this class A satire, Sinfest!

It's an interesting type of satire, because the fact that it's almost indistinguishable from actual news reports is part of the strategy - to point out the subliminal bs-spin-methods used by the media.
I especially love it when the last statement is the best example of this...

"... In international news - the equivalent of five Americans were killed in Afghanistan today."

"... Organizers called this year's event the most successful so far. Only four girls were killed down from a dozen last year, making it the most accident-free on record."

This is an outlage! I have been waiting for an owl! _____ Owl my god! ... I owl you one! _____ Yes, huuuh do!
(Pun-dit the pundit master punned it faster. But I won't bicker, 'cause I've done it quicker. One owl of just me and you and owl have punned thee, too.)
Cure ail and whine with ale and wine! --- KnOWLedge is pOWL! --- Wowl! Nowl I'm Punning Owl owlver the place!

Puneal gland wide open!!! My head's full of Dimethowltryptamine! ... Hahaha! Gonna win the Punitzer prize for that one!

Please excuse my good English.

PinkiePie_trampoline_sig.gif

#7 konchog uma

konchog uma

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2922 posts
  • Interests:-
    skygazing
    soothsaying
    swashbuckling

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

heheh the onion
"All the philosophical theories that exist have been created by the mistaken dualistic minds of human beings. in the realm of philosophy, that which today is considered true, may tomorrow be proved to be false. No one can guarantee a philosophy's validity. Because of this any intellectual way of seeing whatsoever is always partial and relative. The fact is that there is no truth to see or to confirm logically; rather what one needs to do is to discover just how much the mind continually limits itself in a condition of dualism." -Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

#8 Owledge

Owledge

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2792 posts
  • Interests:wisdom, success, my little ponies, dowlphins (with and without laser cannons), music and other art, being successful, gaining wisdom, redundancy, redundancy, repetition, incomplete lists, ...

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:56 AM

heheh the onion

Can't see that one without a youtube account, because it hasn't been evaluated; might include adult content.

Edited by Owledge, 14 June 2012 - 03:58 AM.

This is an outlage! I have been waiting for an owl! _____ Owl my god! ... I owl you one! _____ Yes, huuuh do!
(Pun-dit the pundit master punned it faster. But I won't bicker, 'cause I've done it quicker. One owl of just me and you and owl have punned thee, too.)
Cure ail and whine with ale and wine! --- KnOWLedge is pOWL! --- Wowl! Nowl I'm Punning Owl owlver the place!

Puneal gland wide open!!! My head's full of Dimethowltryptamine! ... Hahaha! Gonna win the Punitzer prize for that one!

#9 Protector

Protector

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4750 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Posted Image

Sword cuts in two pieces
You don't cut opponent
You cut two into one

GRYFFINDOR

matamune2_normal.gif

#10 thelerner

thelerner

Been here long enough to know better

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6293 posts
  • Interests:Getting Closer to Fine
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

21 Pictures that will Restore Your Faith in Humanity:

http://www.buzzfeed....ith-in-humanity
Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#11 Birch

Birch

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6007 posts
  • Interests:Whatever works

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

I can't deal with this bullshit
and so let's make eight to ten page threads talking about this bullshit

Most excellent. I caught myself telling the radio newscaster to f-off aloud this morning for exactly the reasons addressed in the above vid and the thread below.
"Chi is free!"- "Don't give your chi to your practice" Both unknown, if you know where these come from, let me know!

#12 Cat Pillar

Cat Pillar

Ponies? Really? ...yup. *sigh*

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

That made me cry (the good kind.) Thanks. :)
Talk is cheap; practice is everything.

#13 Owledge

Owledge

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2792 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Not that profound, due to various reasons:
Nr. 6, 7, 17, 21

I like the Brazil protests one. It shows that protests are often rooted in humanity and love, and not done for the sake of making noise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users