Yoda

chikung trinkets in China

My Dad just got back from a China trip and he reports that there's lots of chikung tools and trinkets for sale and he got me some cool stuff that his Chinese friends told him to get. He realized that he wasn't going to actually try them so he shipped them my way. My favorite is a foot roller with small spikes on the rollers--definitely good stuff. He got a jade roller intended for neck massage and a jade pillow. I've seen jade pillows in museums before made out of solid rock but this is a mosaic of small jade tiles woven together so it's more comfortable and much cheaper than the emperor's pillow. I haven't tried it yet. One could fill up a pillow case at the rock shop and do the same thing if it works. And finally there are wooden sandals that have rounded pegs throughout the soles that you stand on. It's too small for me but does seem to be invigorating.

Jade and feet seem to be the two big themes of what Dad saw. I know all about feet, but don't know anything about jade. Anyone?

-Yodster

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jade is both hard and soft, unified yin & yang. Good symbol. What effect it actually has (by touching, etc), if any, ahdunno.

Traditionally used in China to strengthen the body and increase longevity. It is associated with five virtues; courage, mercy, justice, modesty and wisdom. It is believed that when handled some of the secret virtue of the substance is absorbed into the body.

Confucius said that jade is a reminder of the integrity of mind and soul. Among the Mayans and Aztecs, jade was the stone of magic, meant for priests, kings and gods. Jade brings harmony and accord to the environment, transmutes negativity and instills resourcefulness. It is used as both a dream stone to release emotions during the dream state and as a fidelity and devotions stone to help one remain focused on one's purpose. Jade generates unconditional love.

Chemical formula : NaAlSi2O6

Composition : Sodium aluminum silicate, sometimes with some calcium and iron

Localities : Some of the finest Jadeite comes from Tawmaw, Myanmar (Burma). It is from this deposit that most gem-quality Jade is extracted from. There is a smaller deposit of similar significance in Yunian, Tibet. Other deposits are in Guatemala, Mexico, and Japan. In the U.S., small crystals come from Cloverdale, Sonoma Co., California, and huge masses from the Clear Creek, San Benito Co., California.

Similar minerals : Nephrite - very difficult to distinguish

Serpentine - softer, less dense, has a greasy feel

Hope this helps!

-Jessica

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, that was very helpful.

Years ago, I had a dream of a Jade statue of the Buddha chasing me through a jungle, and then Merlin popped out of the statue and sat on a log radiating beautiful stillness and I felt very soothed and drawn to him. That dream has been coming to mind since receiving the jade pillow but I haven't tried it yet. I'll check it out.

-Yodster

I must admit, I am almost envious of your new gift. A jade pillow! Really!

It's hard for some to imagine that such a small, earthly treasure could do so much. I must hear more about it as time passes...very rarely am I interested in things as much as this-Yet a soul that recognizes the subtle and energetic properties of semi-precious (how do they get lower ranks than rubies, sapphires, and the like; I'll never know) stone knows all too well how it can benefit lifetimes and strengthen many aspects of experience.

And pertaining to your dream-I have one question:

What feelings did you experience before Merlin appeared? While being chased, that is...running through the jungle, what made you feel as if you needed to run?

-Jessica

Well, it's just a bunch of small jade tiles woven together (maybe about a pound all in all)-- a quick trip to a rock shop could land you some jade pebbles to throw into your pillowcase and you'll have the same setup. In the case of this pillow, the shades of jade are made to look like a butterfly. The backing material is synthetic, so the whole thing couldn't have been overly expensive.(?)

Buddha or not, I automatically think of a huge statue looking for me as scary. My thinking was that Merlin had to change gears into something a bit tamer for me to accept him.

As it happened, after that dream I got very into Tibetan Buddhism for a number of years and then got out into something more feel good, new agey after getting bummed out about all those lower realms. So maybe I'm following the basic format of that dream.

Maybe b/c of the power of that dream and also that I'm aware that rocks can be very powerful, I've been a bit hesitant to add jade's energy into my experience but I'll definitely try it.

-Yoda 8)

• Like 1