#65 Mark Foote

Mark Foote

PooBah

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1195 posts
  • Interests:equalibrioception, proprioception, gravity

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

I talked to a friend of mine last night, and he said that he read the article about "the myth of the eight-hour sleep" and it changed his life. Previously he would wake up in the wee hours of the morning, and lie in bed anxious about the fact that he wasn't asleep; the anxiety actually kept him from going back to sleep. Now he reads for awhile and then falls back to sleep, no problem, because he realizes it's ok to be up for awhile.

Big difference in his life; thanks, Apech, for pointing out the article.

Letting Go in Action: the Practice of Zazen                          rockyDuskVertical_50x89.jpg                                                       

#66 onebir

onebir

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

Haven't managed to read this whole thread, so apologies if it's mentioned above, but there's a chapter in "The Head Trip" about sleeping in two shifts.

I read it a while back so don't remember the details, but thought the book as a whole was very interesting. I'm looking forward to the commoditisation of neurofeedback technology (nearly there, but with a few glitches, in Neurosky's products.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users