idiot_stimpy

Sending Chi into something

My question is, why is there no attempt to scientifically bring these things out of the shadows that they have been placed in by society-- an attempt to remove religion and replace is with reason-- to replace 'comfort' with true comfort..

I fully realize that many people are brought into this 'area' of study to help people, but why then is there no approach en masse, you know, why are there are no eyes set upon performing the true healing, and truly helping people..

My suggestion is, take one of Ya Mu's workshop, start healing a few ailments.

Then go to one person with a linear mind, maybe a scientist. Say you can heal other people with your powers. Most likely you'll be answered by a face "Are you f*cking kidding me?" :)

I think if you approach this stuff like you do with science you end up with the same thing. People need to transform themselves, remove barriers and so on.

You have already had scientific research from China pointing out the possibilities of healing with qi. And even if you told people "there are absolutely scientific studies of this" they would go on with their lives.

I even had a discussion on the nature of the universe with some of my colleagues who had many years of study of natural science (physics, chemistry and so on) and it was only one out of maybe 10 who had an open mind to what we perceive may be not what is really going on.

So a grand scale of introducing this stuff by governmental force is not likely. Better to act now and help others where you can.

• Like 2

Your first paragraph...what? Brion and Michael have both written a lot here about 'listening'. It isn't about 'fighting' anything. It IS about doing good things as and when the situation allows it. The ability to 'listen' is developed by the practice. There is no forcing or fighting the earth.

Brion and Michael are just passing on some advice, based on their own experience. I don't see anywhere them saying a person shouldn't 'bless' or 'give thanks' for their food. That said, having some developed ability undoubtedly makes a difference.

I don't agree with the point that one should only attempt to do something if their Qi is developed... One can have a thankful heart, smile, and put some hands around their food to acknowledge our connectedness.

There are some simple methods anyone can do. The same as we could do that with regards to almost anything.

Perhaps they were suffering from MSG withdrawal symptoms? Not to defend some of the farming practices, or cooking methods, used in the US, but China is no haven of pure food. I don't think the exploding water melons of last year were a sign of good, healthy organic farming. The mass use of MSG or the illegal recycling of cooking oil from sewers aren't happy situations either.

I know organic meat and vegetables can be obtained in the US (my brother having lived in the US for more than 20 years tells me so). I can also say China is no garden of Eden (having lived here a few years myself).

As for all the 'Dao' comments, I recommend the Dao of brevity. The Dao of grammar also-correct use of past tense in particular ('...the last two have conflicted with...')

I didn't claim any haven for pure food. Yes, I know of the melon fiasco... and milk... and why babies have trouble due to this. Now McDonalds over there is in trouble over the salt they use... And I forget who it was lying about their soy milk...

But one cannot get true 'fresh' meat or fish so easy in the US. One can try to find Food, Inc Video to see something about the control of the meat industry. It's already killed, processed, packaged and browning on the shelves at times... I've eaten fresh meat (including dog) and seafood all over China. Whether they pumped it with something as part of it's feed I cannot say but was not affected in any way.

Edited by dawei

If you wash your vegetables, prepare any fresh meat, you are cleansing this of any negative, so to speak, energy.

My wife goes to great lengths when cooking most any meat; washing it, cooking it in water to put out impurities and let the blood run some, etc. Then wash and do again. I am amazed at what gets drawn out of the meat. She says the meat in the US is much 'dirtier' than compared to the meat she got in china. Also she sees it packaged and touching other items for a long time when she is used to getting a slab, bring it home, prepare it and eat it. I got used to going out every day to get food and eating it that day. One really does not need a fridge in a way.

Edited by dawei

My wife goes to great lengths when cooking most any meat; washing it, cooking it in water to put out impurities and let the blood run some, etc. Then wash and do again. I am amazed at what gets drawn out of the meat. She says the meat in the US is much 'dirtier' than compared to the meat she got in china. Also she sees it packaged and touching other items for a long time when she is used to getting a slab, bring it home, prepare it and eat it. I got used to going out every day to get food and eating it that day. One really does not need a fridge in a way.

Yes this is the Chinese trad. way. Fresh and cleaned is always best, but modern people who live in cities rarely have a chance to eat just picked fruit and veg etc.

Many years ago I used to grow all my own food (living close to the land) and one day as all the seeds were in the earth, I extended my power to them of great intent and love. Those crops grew like nothing else and were so bountiful I couldn't cope with them all. To say that living things do not feel love is not to understand the nature of all things or their inter-connectivity that we all share.

Thanks for that dawei. :) Sounds like a great way to cultivate one's virtue.

Regarding getting meat and fresh veggies in the city, my city has CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) co-ops that will deliver produce during the growing season. I recently saw a meat CSA advertised. If I ate meat, I would consider it. (I'd have to consider an extra freezer first! ^_^)

I do believe in balance overall...

Meaning, my way is my way; another way is another way; your way is your way... I find room for all of these to arise and go their way. If someone wants to bless food in some certain way, go for it. I don't draw a line in the sand and say "do it this way or not at all". I see many shades of colors in life. So is the Way in my view. SO I think there is room for many ways. If someone doesn't do it or doesn't want to do it... that is fine. That is their way. We can share our way but I don't force it on another as the only way.

Yes, the US has great opportunities for getting quality food in most cities. I am glad you found something which helps your Way.

As for meat... I am of the ancient type "O" and that sometimes feels like an excuse for the 'feeling or need for meat'... but I am realistic and really cannot separate out my lifetime cultural and social conditioning towards eating meat... but what I do find is that I need much less meat as the years go on. I do associate that to my exposure and practices in Qigong. I do not try to fight or force it. I let the path reveal itself. Listen to that inner voice. The path speaks without words.... but it provides the food we eat. :)

Hope life is well with you.

Hopefully this is a new case report for most of those reading this entry.

I quite frequently treat animals and as a matter of fact have a few horses that have appointments with me this upcoming weekend. I will be introducing a student to Medical Qigong/Taoist Medicine treatment of animals. Note: we are volunteering our time to gain experience with the animals and as fortune speaks to us - the owner of these fine animals happens to be a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine - this Vet also has a good friend that is a Doctor of Osteopathy that also owns horses and has had me work on one of her horses and would like for me to return to treat on of the other horses. This is how we gain experience and also how we become known in the community and as such gain referrals.

This case report however involves a dog. His name is Vader - he is an active little long-haired black and tan Dachsund. On the day that I treated Vader I had stopped by my sister's house to treat her Golden Retriever who was old and having difficulties with Congestive Heart Failure.

When we "Walk in The Qi" we are definitely where we need to be when we need to be. That could not have been more true on the day and time that I met Vader. I had just walked around to the back of my sister's house when I heard this awful barking and screaming in her next door neighbors yard. The neighbor had three dogs and they were in an uproar. The owner was shouting ,"Oh my God, what happened"? My sister asked if I knew anything about Dachsunds -- which it didn't matter that the dog was a Dachsund. What did matter was that he was injured and needed help. He was yelping and crawling along the ground with his back legs dragging, helpless, apparently paralyzed.

Without thinking - I walked over into the neighbors yard -- the other dogs simply moved out of the way. One in particular told on himself, as i glanced into his eyes he told me the little dog had been bothering him so he picked it up and shook it. I was hoping he hadnt damaged the spinal cord.

I immediately began treating with Taoist Neuro-Energetic Medicine I started at the base of the tail and worked my way up through the effected area of the spine. Intermittenly I projected Qi to the spine and to the legs - working the channels on the dog the same as i would on a human. One of the 1st comments I heard was that - wow did you notice the other dogs moved out of the way to let him through! They never let anyone in the yard! As I continued to work on Vader -- he did what most people do when receiving a Taoist Medical Treatment - went into a deep sleep. His little eyes closed ever so tightly. I watched the damaged, sick Qi get expelled from his body throughout the treatment, pulled sick Qi and then zapped his entire body with Qi. He was in a deep sleep. I instructed his owner to take him inside and let him sleep. Before I left the yard, I gave the offending dog a dirty look and instructed him not to do that again.

Results: Approx. 45 minutes had passed and I had been working on my sister's Golden Retriever when a knock came from her front door.

The next door neighbor came in holding Vader and said she wanted to show us something. We said - OK. With that she set Vader down and he sped around the room one time and made a bee-line for me and jumped up into my arms (I was sitting on the ground) and began to give me doggy appreciation. His recovery had been full without and lingering problems for his leg or back. Some of the results could have been due to the fact that I was able to treat within minutes of the injury. I credit most of the results though to the POWER of the TAOIST MEDICINE.

I have seen nothing short of amazing results with this Taoist Medicine. Whenever I have a patient big (really big - horse) or small - (dachsund) or person and I think that this case is sort of complicated I'm not sure where to begin - I just Listen -- I am usually directed to start with Taoist Medical Treatment, the project Qi as needed. Those being treated will appreciate the results.

To this day - every time I visit my sister, Vader will greet me the same way -- always runs to see me and wants to jump into my arms. Animals are so thankful and it is so rewarding to treat them.

Thanks,

Brion aka Kempomaster

PS - If you have an interest in Healing - yourself, others, or animals, I suggest attending one of Michael Lomax's seminars -- there may be one or two spaces still available for the upcoming Terre Haute Seminar.

• Like 6

I am a beginner level student of Stillness-Movement. Yet I have had a few successful healing sessions where I've helped the patient with fever, headache, earache etc.

Right now I'm working on my girlfriend's Chihuahua that has back and knee problems. I don't know how much good I can do but it's amazing how the dog always sets himself in a comfortable position for receiving the energy, even from a few yards distance, and quiets down -apparently to take it all in- whereas he usually tends to be a bit restless and not stay in one place for long, to be stroked for example.

• Like 2

I think that it is wonderful that you are applying what you have learned.

The Taoist Technique takes a lot of practice to get good at it -- BUT -- evertime you practice those that you practice on do receive a tremendous benefit. Even if you are not sure if the are benefitting from the treatment -- I will assure you that they are.

Take your little dog for instance -- animals are very in tune with the energetics -- they will position themselves just so -- that way you get to the spot(s) that are in need of help and you will help them. I will be treating one of my dogs and almost immediately the others will pick up on the fact that treatments are being given -- they will then line up for their turn. Our grand-Dog - our daughters beagle-dachsund mix has very bad hips and back, he is also suffering from a skin ailment. He loves the Taoist treatment -- note: it is not a back treatment, but, helps his back and hips and relieves a great deal of his pain (so he tells me).

This treatment has actually helped with the skin problem -- his skin gets black patches that the vet thought was a fungus - yet the anti-fungals were not helping, so I treated with Taoist Medicine and direct Qi projection. The results were immediate - the black patches started to dissappear and have continued to fade and he scratches a lot less.

So, keep practicing -- You are doing Great! And your work is appreciated!

Thanks,

Brion

• Like 3

I think that it is wonderful that you are applying what you have learned.

The Taoist Technique takes a lot of practice to get good at it -- BUT -- evertime you practice those that you practice on do receive a tremendous benefit. Even if you are not sure if the are benefitting from the treatment -- I will assure you that they are.

Take your little dog for instance -- animals are very in tune with the energetics -- they will position themselves just so -- that way you get to the spot(s) that are in need of help and you will help them. I will be treating one of my dogs and almost immediately the others will pick up on the fact that treatments are being given -- they will then line up for their turn. Our grand-Dog - our daughters beagle-dachsund mix has very bad hips and back, he is also suffering from a skin ailment. He loves the Taoist treatment -- note: it is not a back treatment, but, helps his back and hips and relieves a great deal of his pain (so he tells me).

This treatment has actually helped with the skin problem -- his skin gets black patches that the vet thought was a fungus - yet the anti-fungals were not helping, so I treated with Taoist Medicine and direct Qi projection. The results were immediate - the black patches started to dissappear and have continued to fade and he scratches a lot less.

So, keep practicing -- You are doing Great! And your work is appreciated!

Thanks,

Brion

Your encouragement is appreciated as well :)

• Like 1

Today I had another session with Zorro the Chihuahua. He was immediately with me when I suggested we do healing and then when I put him on the couch next to me I had my other hand resting on the back of the couch. Zorro scratched it gently with his paw because he wanted me to use both hands :D So I did hot/cold projection for maybe 15-20 minutes and he was, again, paying attention the whole time.

• Like 1

Follow-up report on my appointment with the horses over last weekend.

A personal belief transformation for one of those that own the horses.

On my 1st trip to this horse farm I had been invited by the Veterinarian that is co-owner of the horses. Her husband would be the other co-owner. The Vet had previous experience with my treating a beagle owned by one of her clients and the treatment was done in succession over 2 consecutive days. To shorten the beagle story - he had sustained a severe injury to his spine - causing severe pain, resulting in the dog screaming to the poit that he had to be sedated. I was asked to treat and did so - with Taoist Medicine as taught to me by Michael Lomax. Well the treatment worked marvelously - the beagle had a full recovery and was able to go home to his owner with no further relapse.

So, the Vet invited me to treat one of their horses - Killian. Killian had a problem with his right SI joint and had several individuals attempt to help him with no luck (Chiropractor, acupuncturist, and Equine Vet). Now within 5 minutes of my arrival as I was getting ready to treat the horse - the co-owner/husband walked by and gave me the look -- ok, you snake oil salesman, I am not sure what you are selling but I am not to keen on you touching my horses. That is what I thought the look said anyway. The other co-owner/Vet - confirmed that her husband wasn't to keen on me treating - he didn't think it would help.

After the 1st treatment - the horse was walking substantially better - he had been dragging the right rear foot and it appeared the large bump/mis-alignment of the right SI joint was moving back in place. The husband walked by and did comment that it looked better but we'd see. So, I completed 2 additional treatments and the horse had a full recovery. He no longer dragged the right rear foot and allowed the owner/Vet saddle him and ride him for the 1st time in two years. The Vet was amazed at the results and the co-owner/husband actually had started to talk to me and openly admitted that the Taoist Medicine certainly appeared to help the horse.

Well, what took me out to the horse farm this past weekend was a student of mine and Michael's said he wanted to learn more about treating animals and would like to try treating horses. So, I asked the Vet if we could stop out and give Killian a Tune-up. She agreed. I started the treatment - got Killian nice and relaxed - horses smack their lips a lot when they get relaxed and yawn extremely big (becomes rather comical). So the student got a chance to work on horses - turns out it was the 1st time he'd ever been around a horse. We just projected calmness to the horse before and during treatment and both student and horse were fine.

The Vet mentioned that her husband was upset that she hadn't told him I was coming as he wanted to talk to me. Really? Well he walked by again about the time we were finishing up on Killian and asked me if I'd mine taking a look at Paydon - his horse that he rides all the time. He said he's been squealing and bucking during and after getting rode and that wasn't like him. So I agreed to treat Paydon.

Again, I used the Taoist Medicine and noticed that the area around Paydon's back where the saddle goes on was out of balance. So, I treated and Paydon was a great patient. He stood patiently. And I learned a few things about horses - stand close, so if they kick you it doesn't hurt as bad. I explained I kept an energetic connection with Paydon with my non-treatment hand while treating. Neither horse acted as if they wanted to kick me. I also learned that because horse can't see behind them they will give you an ear. Paydon turned his ear back to me depending on which side I was treating from. The owner/husband - commented oh my he's getting relaxed now. Paydon started smacking his lips then he started the big yawn and his big eyes started getting heavy. I completed the treatment and suggested I might treat 1 or 2 more times.

With that the owner/husband started asking lot's of questions about Medical Qigong and Taoist Medicine - what sort of things can it help. I knew immediately he was referring to himself. " Can it help an ankle that's been badly broken and has screws in it that causes the person with it constant pain?" I asked on a scale of 1 - 10 what was the pain - he replied a 15. I answered I could definitely try to help - so he ran right over to a bench, sat down, and took off his boot to reveal a badly damaged ankle and foot! But - wait a minute, he couldn't want the snake oil salesman to treat him could he?

Yes - he wanted treated right away. So, I used energy projection to all of the channels in the foot, ankle, leg, Projected Qi, Pulled Sick Qi -- watched his foot start vibrating and kick sick Qi out. All said, I projected and worked on the damaged anle foot for about 10 minutes.

Immediate results: The swelling in the ankle and foot reduced to near normal and the color returned from greenish/purple to near normal. The patient commented - wow, my foot is cold (result of clearing out sick Qi from the channels)

Follow-up results: One day later I got a phone call -- wasn't sure who it was. The person on the other end of the phone was so excited telling me how they had worked a 12 hour day and afterwords had no swelling or pain in their ankle or feet. It wasn't until he told me that the horse - Paydon - was also substantially better and didn't buck or squeal after he had gotten rode on Sunday that I understood who I was talking to. So, now he wanted me to come back out and treat his whole body for pain - he explained he was so tired of trying to get rid of pain and struggling with it every day that this glimpse of no pain had him hopeful for the future.

Now - thats a transformation. Pain relief that makes a difference in a person's life and gives them hope. It reaffirms for me what I am doing out here really makes a difference. Too often we take a lot of grief when we try to explain to people how Medical Qigong works and what dis-eases it can help. This is a daily struggle - but give me one transformation and i am re-energized to tell the next 10,000 people how this amazing treatment can help.

Thanks for reading.

Kempomaster

• Like 3

I can give some commentary as it just so happens this master was my first teacher :P . It was this exact clip actually that spurred my interest in checking out what the heck qigong was really about. It just so happened, that this Master Zhou as seen in the video had his office literally 2 blocks from my house, what are the chances of that! So immediately I scheduled lessons from him, super excited to enter the world of qigong. At the time I had no idea what to expect but with faith knew this was something I needed to do. To introduce me to his system he did a small two second "activation" of some acu-points and then taught be the first three moves to his beginner set of movements. So I went home and practiced...for the first few days I practiced with only faith but on the third day I felt the beginning of "something" new, something I had not been feeling. After several days I was no doubt feeling the movements stronger and boom I was introduced into the world of chi. So I learned with Master for a while, learning new moves to my set. However it just didn't feel to me the best way to be doing this. The movements continuously got more complex and harder to follow and got too lost in my mind trying to the movements just right rather than simply focusing on the energy. Also Master Zhuo speaks zero english so everything had taught had to be mediated through a translater, which made asking questions and getting clarification for the movements almost impossible. This was when I felt it was time to find a new teacher.

So long story short I eventually came to my second qigong teacher, none other than Michael Lomax. After attending my first Stillness-Movement workshop I truly felt, "Now this is how qigong should be done", so simple yet so powerful. I won't go into detail here on my stillness-movement experiences as I have already done so several times throughout these forums. All I will say is that to me, there is simply no comparison between Stillness-Movement and the majority of other qigong forms out there. This is simply my opinion after much time spent surveying other forms of qigong before finally coming to stay with Stillness-Movement.

• Like 1

<snip>

So long story short I eventually came to my second qigong teacher, none other than Michael Lomax. After attending my first Stillness-Movement workshop I truly felt, "Now this is how qigong should be done", so simple yet so powerful. I won't go into detail here on my stillness-movement experiences as I have already done so several times throughout these forums. All I will say is that to me, there is simply no comparison between Stillness-Movement and the majority of other qigong forms out there. This is simply my opinion after much time spent surveying other forms of qigong before finally coming to stay with Stillness-Movement.

Statements like this reaffirm my personal experience and why I felt discovering Teacher Lomax was like coming home. Thank you for sharing!

i find this subject confusing as well.

so here is master chunyi lin showing his healing method. I believe he says that students can start doing the healings right away, after minimal practice. that this is a natural ability we all have.

others say, that not only you can hurt the other person, but the healer if he/she doesn't have sufficient chi build up can hurt themselves?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD032QVYvKE&feature=related

There are two schools of thought regarding energy healing. One uses the internal energy to heal, the other uses external energy.

In the internal energy system, the practitioner first performs certain practices (meditation, breathing excercises, etc) to generate energy and store it inside the body. Then this stored energy is used to heal other people. However this system requires a long time of energy build up before it is safe to perform. Also the healer can only heal a few patients a day so as not to drain his/her energy system.

In the external energy system, the practitioner absorbs energy from the environment (earth, air, sun, soul, etc) and channels this energy through his/her body and then projects it to the patient. This is a better system to use since you absorb energy from external sources, thereby energizing your own system before you project the energy to a patient. This means there is a far less likelihood of energy drain.

But actually, these two systems are two sides of the same coin. In order to increase your capacity to channel external energy, you must also increase your internal energy. So powerful healers usually have a practice to generate internal energy (qigong, yoga, other practices) to build up their energy and then use external energy to heal patients. And while channeling external energy, the internal energy of the healer is also increased so it's a win-win situation.

If you are interested, I suggest you look into Pranic Healing.

www.pranichealing.com

Thanks very much for your replies.

So even if you feel yourself humming and vibrating all over (I am guessing that this is chi I am feeling), and direct it in to someone, holding the intent to heal, there is no way of overloading their system?

Yes there is. That is why you have to be sensitive enough to feel if the part of the patient you are energizing is already full.

Great question... Start at the next meal.

I think prayer is mental intention/projection but if you use the hands over the food it is like bring heaven/universe down as part of the blessing (of Qi), a stronger conduit. I would recommend it as a moment before eating.

I think Emoto's research is worth viewing:

Water Crystals and Emotion

You have to be responsible if you're going to project your chi to others for whatever reason (healing, blessing, etc). The quality of your energy MUST be higher than that of the receiver's. Otherwise you will do more harm than good. If you're vibration is lower than your subject, projecting your chi to them will cause blockages/congestions and other negative effects. In short instead of cleaning/healing, you will be contaminating the subject. Same principle goes for feeding people food that you projected your chi into.

If you make your energy strong it will not matter whether you come into contact with negative energies, your energy will not be affected, but you may change the energy that is negative!

Not always. You have to consider both the quantity AND quality of the energy.