126 replies to this topic

#17 Informer

Informer

Tao Bum!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Example: One cannot love for you, but they can love you and/or show you how to love.

What if the times it does work, it is proof of a placebo where people are really healing themselves anyway?

Edited by Informer, 22 February 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#18 Ish

Ish

Tao Bum!

• Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Doesn't matter rainbow, non can do it better than you because some energy is always lost in transfer.

Has anyone lived longer than expected because Michael Lomax healed them? Or do the ones who heal themselves live longer than expected? *shrugs* I'm too young to know.

If you have a debilitating problem/pain, i don't think you're too worried about decades in future when you may die, but rather not being able to function or enjoy life in the present.

#19 Informer

Informer

Tao Bum!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

IE please read example in above post.

Maybe it is something to be considered, or not, completely up to you.

#20 Ya Mu

Ya Mu

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2883 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

If you have a debilitating problem/pain, i don't think you're too worried about decades in future when you may die, but rather not being able to function or enjoy life in the present.

So true. The fact is, billions of dollars are spent in the USA alone on pain relief, most of the time with western medicine without significant results. Medical qigong, on the other hand, works and works extremely well. This has been demonstrated by the many successful medical qigong hospitals in China and the many practitioners in clinic throughout the world.

Qigong self-healing has also been demonstrated to help a person in many ways; history of use over a long period of time. But sometimes we all need a little help.

#21 rainbowvein

rainbowvein

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5403 posts
  • Interests:玄 ever sprouting rainbows

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

Doesn't matter rainbow, non can do it better than you because some energy is always lost in transfer.

Now, if you're talking about ttb member Non, I'd like to know more about his healing. ;)

Has anyone lived longer than expected because Michael Lomax healed them? Or do the ones who heal themselves live longer than expected? *shrugs* I'm too young to know.

I bet those who may be living longer from a healing session are not posting on this board. :P However, I know folks who are living better after a healing from Michael. And living better from self-healings through the practice of stillness-movement that he teaches. Is that type of healing good enough for you? The self-healings through practice? :huh: I invite you to come to the midwest this summer. We can sit and self-heal together! ^_^ :D

#22 Informer

Informer

Tao Bum!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Now, if you're talking about ttb member Non, I'd like to know more about his healing. ;)

I bet those who may be living longer from a healing session are not posting on this board. :P However, I know folks who are living better after a healing from Michael. And living better from self-healings through the practice of stillness-movement that he teaches. Is that type of healing good enough for you? The self-healings through practice? :huh: I invite you to come to the midwest this summer. We can sit and self-heal together! ^_^ :D

:P I live in the midwest!

I still don't know if you can say that it is not a placebo induced from the suggestion and the people are healing themselves, right?

#23 idiot_stimpy

idiot_stimpy

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

I have to agree though, getting someone to heal themselves is a lot more preferable than just doing it for them if that's possible.

#24 Ya Mu

Ya Mu

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2883 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:02 AM

Self-healing through qigong practice is a grand thing and I believe everyone should practice qigong or neigong.

The facts are, though, that humanity goes through various personal trials. Our bodies are not really designed to withstand the type of trauma that a large part of the population goes through. As an example, our bodies cannot withstand going through the air in a chunk of metal at 70 mph and then achieving sudden and absolute deceleration through hitting another chunk of metal going at 70 mph. If the person or persons in said example actually live, guess what has happened to their bodies? Solution? Teach them Qigong and say, "bye, you should go back to work tomorrow"?
It doesn't work that way. Person is in tremendous pain for years, many for the rest of their life and seek help through the medical profession. The first doctor they see tries to patch them up best he can, a couple of surgeries, and addictive pain pills. But the intense pain remains. So the person is run through the medical mill, pays thousands and thousands of dollars but still has debilitating pain. This is an example of the typical clients we see in clinic everyday with medical qigong - they have tried everything else with no results. And the medical qigong practitioner achieves highly significant results.
To say only teach them qigong is not perceiving either the realities of qigong practice, or the amount of people who spend the billions on pain relief.

Look for posts by "kempomaster" and myself about healing animals. To say that medical qigong is placebo is totally uninformed. Animals do not respond to placebo. And most people who actually do not believe it will help also would not respond to placebo; but they do respond to medical qigong.

Edited by Ya Mu, 23 February 2012 - 05:07 AM.

#25 Green Tiger

Green Tiger

bibbity bobbity boo

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Interests:internal arts, Stillness-Movement, n'stuff

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

I invite you to come to the midwest this summer. We can sit and self-heal together! ^_^ :D

I am also in the midwest, and have been eager for a chance to attend on of Mr. Lomax's seminars. Would have been at the one in November, but transportation difficulties got the best of me. When does the great midwestern self-healing sit in begin? ^_^
"I don't lie.  Lying makes you tense."  -- Grandmaster Wai Lun Choi

#26 rainbowvein

rainbowvein

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5403 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

I am also in the midwest, and have been eager for a chance to attend on of Mr. Lomax's seminars. Would have been at the one in November, but transportation difficulties got the best of me. When does the great midwestern self-healing sit in begin? ^_^

Great to hear. :) I trust Michael will have an announcement soon. Usually there's one every month or every other month from spring to fall.

#27 rainbowvein

rainbowvein

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5403 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

Informer, I really like how Taomeow put it. Short and to the point.

If a healer consistently heals, I don't care how. If a healer consistently harms, I don't care how.

In the end, what does a(nother) conversation about placebo effect in regards to high level healers gain you? Increased healing abilities? Or, is the conversation perhaps simply a resistance to actually practicing what is learned? ;)

#28 Ya Mu

Ya Mu

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2883 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

...I trust Michael will have an announcement soon. ...

And how did you know? :)

http://www.qigongame...na2012flyer.pdf

#29 rainbowvein

rainbowvein

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5403 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

And how did you know? :)

http://www.qigongame...na2012flyer.pdf

Oh, the beautiful Hilton Garden Inn in Terre Haute, Indiana again! B)

#30 snowmonki

snowmonki

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

It's an intersting question for sure, but why do you think 'healing' has anything to do with living longer? As in life expectancy?

If I have chronic asthma and Michael heals me of it, does it mean I'll live longer? Man, I could die due to many things, disease or non-disease related. But at least my life up until that point would have been lived free of asthma. So quality of life is good. Who wants to live longer and yet be suffering? That sucks.

Just my thoughts,

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." Hakuin

http://about.me/tian.yi

http://about.me/daoyin

http://www.eightgates.co.uk/

http://medicalqigonguk.wordpress.com/

#31 dwai

dwai

Tryambak Baba ka chela

• Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1988 posts
  • Interests:0

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

:P I live in the midwest!

I still don't know if you can say that it is not a placebo induced from the suggestion and the people are healing themselves, right?

Don't know about serious illness, but I have worked on people with pains etc and they all claim that they can feel something move out of their body and me being able to affect them without touching them physically and they get relief (sometimes temporary and sometimes permanent)...

Placebo vs non-placebo...now that question is interesting. If something helps you heal, so what? Placebo is a term to explain something that doesn't have a known scientific explanation in context of healing. Any healing is always going to be a combination of the healer, patient and medicine. If the healer is sending a "message" via whatever form to the patient, the patient's consciousness is also working to accept that message (at whatever level) and working with the treatment and the healer.
--
A sinking spiral, rising upward, it opens and closes by turns...

#32 chris d

chris d

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

The placebo effect is interesting and could be investigated if it were really that easy.

Maybe the placebo effect is just another effect of the "law" of attraction, that is collapsing the quantum mechanical equations of reality in real time.

I wonder how people can dismiss the real reason behind the healing as in "so what" when this is a forum where reality is being investigated?

If we stop asking questions then we quickly enter religious territory and suddenly find beliefs stuck inside our head without any valid reasoning behind.

If we say so what, then we can just use the current system, you know aspirin cures headaches, so who cares?

Entrainments for neutrality, anxiety and depression clearing. 

Improved intuition, clearing the amygdala. 

Improved creativity, more spontaneity.

Primal rage, inner critic, self-image.

http://insightguide.net/entrainments/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users