Posted Image

#354 mantis

mantis

incense

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for the encouragement Taomeow, your posts regarding the full lotus have been really helpful.

Looks great joeblast, I think my coworkers would be taken too far aback if they saw me sitting like that on a chair :D
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold a higher esteem to those who think alike than those who think differently - Friedrich Nietzsche

#355 Innersoundqigong

Innersoundqigong

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5980 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for the encouragement Taomeow, your posts regarding the full lotus have been really helpful.

Looks great joeblast, I think my coworkers would be taken too far aback if they saw me sitting like that on a chair :D

Oh yeah years of all night data entry work made possible by the full lotus position.

My dad asked me why I no longer had carpal tunel and I said because I sit in full lotus. He just was confused. haha.

Yeah Buddhism is actually Islam: "In fact, the Buddha died after eating a meal of pork,"

#356 Mark Foote

Mark Foote

PooBah

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts
  • Interests:equalibrioception, proprioception, gravity

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

So then I went into full lotus to stop the hiccup. Literally I took one breath in and the life force energy shot up and my parasympathetic nervous system relaxed my diaphgram and the hiccup disappeared immediately.

This morning was my last dose of antibiotics for an upper respiratory bug. I inherited an arrhythmia of the heart, and had the good fortune to have it healed through an ablation four years ago. Apparently the lack of oxygen while I slept threw my heart back into arrhythmia, three times in the last two weeks; the last time nothing I could do seemed to help, couldn't lie down, couldn't just sit, all uncomfortable; I got in the lotus, and the heart went back into rhythm even though I was basically falling asleep sitting up. Could be coincidence and the aspirin kicking in, but I do think it's possible to enter a hypnogogic state, between waking and sleeping, in a posture like the lotus and I think that's probably healing.
                                Fuxi's Poem                          rockyDuskVertical_50x89.jpg

#357 Innersoundqigong

Innersoundqigong

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5980 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

This morning was my last dose of antibiotics for an upper respiratory bug. I inherited an arrhythmia of the heart, and had the good fortune to have it healed through an ablation four years ago. Apparently the lack of oxygen while I slept threw my heart back into arrhythmia, three times in the last two weeks; the last time nothing I could do seemed to help, couldn't lie down, couldn't just sit, all uncomfortable; I got in the lotus, and the heart went back into rhythm even though I was basically falling asleep sitting up. Could be coincidence and the aspirin kicking in, but I do think it's possible to enter a hypnogogic state, between waking and sleeping, in a posture like the lotus and I think that's probably healing.

Wow -- glad the full lotus helped! I have definitely slept in full lotus before.

I was just emailing an old University friend telling him how I was in full lotus on the toilet in this University building. I had been working at night and it was cold out and anyway -- I was literally snoring while in full lotus on the toilet. Someone called the cops on me! I got raided but somehow I got out of the stall and stood in front of the mirror before the cops actually got into the bathroom. I must have really sprang out of full lotus. haaha.

Anyway Yan Xin's Shaolin master Haiden -- he didn't even sleep at night. Just full lotus meditation. Well qigong master Chunyi Lin and Wang Liping -- they do four to five hour full lotus meditation sessions at night and then sleep four hours or so.

Yeah I usually sleep on my right side so that my heart is on the left side -- so there's less weight on my heart. Also I take tons of cayenne to keep my sinuses open and also to lower my blood pressure. I buy cayenne in bulk -- 10 pounds. It's awesome. So if I have any egg, meat or dairy I put tons of cayenne on it. Also I use cayenne like coffee -- instead of coffee -- in the morning.

Yeah I was watching tons of t.v. while healing my knee but now that I can sit in full lotus at the computer I can use the computer more. Sitting in a chair at the computer just doesn't work for me.

I use garlic as my antibiotic since it's also antiviral.

Then I drink spirulina to counteract the rotten egg smell.

Yeah Buddhism is actually Islam: "In fact, the Buddha died after eating a meal of pork,"

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2079 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Last night I had hiccups. So first I tried just to relax. Nope. So then I did what I usually do -- flex my diaphgram to stop the spasm. The hiccup still took over. So then I thought -- well sneezing is a reflex of the cerebrum and I can "flex" or focus my brain to suppress a sneeze. So I'll try the same to stop the hiccup. Nope.

So then I went into full lotus to stop the hiccup. Literally I took one breath in and the life force energy shot up and my parasympathetic nervous system relaxed my diaphgram and the hiccup disappeared immediately.

good post, i propose a thread about different afflictions, physical or otherwise, that can be cured or aleviated by means of FL

宁 / Ning

Rambunctious much?

Warm reminder: "中国绝学不传外国人, 大家谨记, 传出去的都是些皮毛"

#359 joeblast

joeblast

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7232 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Its even funnier when you slowly rotate the chair around, and just smile back at the odd looks.

or stranger still when you bring in the big socket set that has a strong enough phillips head on it to loosen the screwbolts on the bottom of the chair so that the arms stay out of the way of your feet :lol:

they already know I'm a strange one, but luckily my job function changed so I get to work from home - you can tell by the plywood desk hahaha I wasnt going to spend 3, 4 hundred on something just to fit in the corner here!

I think wrt lotus healing various things, its a matter of cultivating something and then putting it to use, just like meditation. I dont really bother using cayenne to keep my sinuses open, all I have to do is generate that certain frequency of "kl energy" and plenty often that causes my sinuses to empty, tear ducts to clean out - if there's something to be let go of, of course. for me, lotus is huge when I piss my back off - that's when I have to be careful and do enough exercise to counteract the negative effects of lotus - it mainly gets the outsides of my hip joints. that's also where imbalance comes into play - say the left side of my L5 freaks and gets a tension-knot, making it hard to bend it - my lotus will be noticeably lopsided (at least to me) and I have to be careful not to overdo "the good side" because that winds up further imbalancing, the good side overstretches and I wind up pissing off the hip joint on the outside, opposite side.

#360 Innersoundqigong

Innersoundqigong

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5980 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

Well there should be a master full lotus thread on thetaobums that some mod could sticky at the top of the forum -- I remember it linking a lot to Wang Liping promoting the full lotus position, etc.

Basically real meditation goes beyond feeling the physical body sensations so the pre-natal chi opening up means a good full lotus with no pain for 2 hours non-stop. I haven't had that since my 2000 intensive qigong training to finish my masters degree.

So like Chunyi LIn sat in full lotus for a month -- I asked him what was his longest time and he said 2 months of cave meditation.

He said he wants to do a year. But he said he didn't sleep the whole time - just a few apples and a few bottles of water. Otherwise it was just non-stop full lotus.

So because the full lotus amplifies the yin-yang energy dynamics -- the healing is unlimited.

I used to sit in full lotus for hours everyday while I transmitted energy by flexing my pineal gland and then I took in negative emotional jing energy through my perineum.

So I did that for ten days non-stop a couple summers ago.

On the tenth day my nephew visited and I took him on a tour of the forest and then I climbed a ladder up to our roof to show him my experimental roof garden.

Yeah so that was after ten days of full lotus with no food but just water.

Still my brain was leaching toxins after that -- so as Chunyi Lin told me that until I store up energy in my lower tan tien then the pineal gland transmissions would always be weak.

So I stopped flexing my pineal gland - it's been a year of no pineal gland flexing. haha.

Still I spent five years flexing my pineal gland in full lotus and I had tons of amazing healing experiences of other people.

This one dude -- a total stranger -- I healed his liver blockage of anger -- my own liver burned hot and I sucked up his anger. I was in BK and he walked in and I just glanced at him - but he was staring at me. I was reading while in full lotus. He wanted to attack me at first but he sat behind and to my right.

He actually walked up to me and said: Thank you.

That was it - it was amazing. Because at first my liver got super hot and then it cooled down and so I knew I was safe. But I was really surprised when he acknowledged to me that he knew what had happened - he was a big Indian indigenous Native American.

Mainly though it was the "O at a D" phenomenon.

But again I was flexing my pineal gland before I purified the sublimated jing energy -- so basically I was shooting out my jing energy on a carrier wave of pineal gland chi energy. Just enough to activate people's vagus nerve to heal them.

But I was burning out my jing energy from that -- probably five "O at a Ds" a day for five years. Some of them sessions lasting several hours non-stop.

Still I have no regrets - five years of free healing. I had to take antiseptics all the time because my brain leeched out the anaerobic lower body bacteria -- so don't flex your pineal gland before purifing the jing energy into chi energy.

Yeah so full lotus plus the emptiness is the way to go.

#361 Mark Foote

Mark Foote

PooBah

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

that's also where imbalance comes into play - say the left side of my L5 freaks and gets a tension-knot, making it hard to bend it - my lotus will be noticeably lopsided (at least to me) and I have to be careful not to overdo "the good side" because that winds up further imbalancing, the good side overstretches and I wind up pissing off the hip joint on the outside, opposite side.

I've been studying a couple of illustrations Apech turned me onto- from the temples in Egypt, a long time ago. You might find this useful, with regard to the sacrum and L5:

Posted Image

"I would suggest that the reed that the god is holding on either side of the pillar represents the horizontal ilio-lumbar ligaments, that engage as the spine is relaxed upward from the sacrum in the movement of exhalation. The presence of the god is an indication that the tensile support of the ligament is realized not through the direction of any conscious activity, but solely through the experience of the location of awareness and the ability to feel in the necessity of breath.

The hieroglyphs on the top of the pillar are in praise of the king of Egypt, but they also depict an orb like the sun, which is perhaps the Egyptian “akh” or consciousness freed of any fixture to location.

The toes of the god rest against either side of something shaped like the sacrum of the body; close-ups show that not only is the footrest of the god the shape of the sacrum, but it is also segmented in five parts like the sacrum.

The nerves which exit between the fourth and fifth lumbar vertebrae and the first vertebrae of the sacrum allow an ability to feel in the lower legs and along the soles of the feet, right to the surface of the skin. As feeling for the placement and orientation of the legs and feet is absorbed into the sense of location in the occurrence of awareness, the alignment of vertebrae may allow feeling for the placement and orientation of the sacrum to enter awareness, and likewise for the bottom-most part of the spine.

That the body can be held upright in zazen solely through the interplay between a sense of location, an ability to feel, and relaxation in the movement of breath is illustrated in another graphic from the walls of the temples of Egypt:

Posted Image

The goddesses Isis and Nephthys kneel on what may be a woven material, one knee of each goddess resting against what might be construed to be a representation of the first lumbar transverse processes. This is exactly the vertebrae supported by the horizontal ilio-lumbar ligaments, and here a connection between the placement and orientation of the legs at the knees and support for this vertebrae is suggested. The hands of the goddesses frame the lower spine, while the headdresses, the baboons on either side of the image, the hands of the baboons and the hands of the “ankh” (the cross with an oval) all emphasize an upward extension. There are two mounds outside of the benches on which the goddesses kneel, very much in the shape of the pelvic wings, while the dunes the baboons walk on form a space whose interior resembles the cavity of the chest. The large dark border along the top of the image strongly resembles the diaphragm. The “ankh” or looped cross is speculated by some to be a representation of the vertebrae of a cow, and in my mind it’s entirely possible that this shape is used to represent the cranial-sacral fluid system as described in modern cranial-sacral osteopathy; regardless, the occurrence of consciousness freed of fixture to location is again depicted in the orb of the sun, here framed by hands extended upward from the ankh, and touching on the central cone of the diaphragm-like dark line.

The benches the goddesses kneel on I believe represent the ligaments that connect the sacrum to the pelvis, and the central point of the illustration would be the upward support provided as feeling opens for the orientation of the legs at the knees and the weight that rests on the ilio-sacral ligaments in the relaxed movement of breath."

The short rendition would be that feeling in the soles of the feet corresponds with feeling at the ilio-sacral joints, especially as a sense of roll is realized at the location of awareness and feeling throughout the body informs the sense of location. Roll has an aspect that is stretch and activity in the obturators, the muscles that hammock the hips away from the pelvis. Feeling for placement and motion in the knees corresponds with feeling at L5-L4-L3; I have an excellent dermo chart from "Lower Back Pain" by Calliet that shows feeling on the surface of the skin on either side of the calf corresponds with L5-L4, and feeling above the knee with L3. This ability to feel is especially connected with yaw at the location of awareness, and the action of sartorius to swing the wings of the pelvis and engage gluteous and piriformis under the sitbones,

even shorter rendition, the information coming from muscles, tendons, and joints informs the ability to feel necessary to relax the movement of breath, and contributes to the induction of a hypnogogic state with its accompanying singularity in the sense of location.

#362 Mark Foote

Mark Foote

PooBah

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

(hiccup)

Edited by Mark Foote, 25 November 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#363 SonOfTheGods

SonOfTheGods

LoneMan Pai™

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1932 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Not sure if full lotus equals 4x the time spent in meditation.

However, I have been utilizing full lotus for several decades. I sit in that asana for many hours daily, reading, computer work etc. I have taken naps in that position, as it has become very comfortable and natural. I am a powerlifter and my thighs are 30 inches around of muscle, and I can get into that posture without ever moving my hands out of my pockets. if you try hard enough, it is worth the time and effort put into it.

My Kundalini (the real deal, not the fake kundalini going around these days) became active in that position,and many insights became apparent to me that many others were taught by teachers and payed big buck$ to learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users