Sign in to follow this  
ngs24

Well Hello There

After trying to find a local Taoist meeting group in my area to no avail, I figured I'd do the next best thing and join an online community. Although I do have friends that share some of my beliefs, it's hard talking with them about some of the teachings because they look at me like I'm crazy.

I guess I've been practicing some form of Chi-Gung for about 10 years now, but really started to get serious and advance about 6 months ago after I started reading Mantak Chia's books. Up until then I was following Frantzis 'water' method which for me was a great way to still the incessant chatter and anxiety that plagued my mind during my early-mid twenties. That, coupled with exercise and hard work was enough to ease my insomnia and gain clarity in my mind, but to me wasn't powerful enough to break through some rather large blocks in my energy body. With Chia's Microcosmic Orbit, Iron Shirt, and Chi Nei Tsang methods I can actually feel/sense these blocks exit my body on many different levels. To me it's quite profound. I still have a ways to go, but I feel that as long as I'm committed to practicing I'll finally reach my goal. I practice on average of 2 hours a day, sometimes more sometimes less.

So anyway, I hope to network with some of you folks. This looks like a cool site!

After trying to find a local Taoist meeting group in my area to no avail, I figured I'd do the next best thing and join an online community. Although I do have friends that share some of my beliefs, it's hard talking with them about some of the teachings because they look at me like I'm crazy.

I guess I've been practicing some form of Chi-Gung for about 10 years now, but really started to get serious and advance about 6 months ago after I started reading Mantak Chia's books. Up until then I was following Frantzis 'water' method which for me was a great way to still the incessant chatter and anxiety that plagued my mind during my early-mid twenties. That, coupled with exercise and hard work was enough to ease my insomnia and gain clarity in my mind, but to me wasn't powerful enough to break through some rather large blocks in my energy body. With Chia's Microcosmic Orbit, Iron Shirt, and Chi Nei Tsang methods I can actually feel/sense these blocks exit my body on many different levels. To me it's quite profound. I still have a ways to go, but I feel that as long as I'm committed to practicing I'll finally reach my goal. I practice on average of 2 hours a day, sometimes more sometimes less.

So anyway, I hope to network with some of you folks. This looks like a cool site!

Mantak is awesome! Though im not so much into this whole tantric kama sutra oriented stuff, applying it to sexuality, i find his take on the inner smile, micro/macrocosmic orbit to be quite enlightening. Ive found that the most sensitivity ive gotten in regards to cultivation has sprung from "minor" energy center work, the feet and hands-- then bringing through the legs and arms into the primary major system(torso to head and above). Once I got the Lao Gong and Yong Quan strong enough, it all accelerated very quickly, and exponentially so. Funny how the simple aspects can really boost the attributes of cultivation. 2 hours daily, wow. Respect!

Thanks guys!

Yetzirah - I totally agree with you about the arm and leg channels. I actually found that it was necessary for me to open the leg routes before I could even think about opening my lower tantien. As soon as I was able to do that the energy began to pour in. I think he underestimates how badly those are blocked in most people. Nevertheless I've found the Microcosmic Orbit to be the most powerful exercise for me so far. And I agree about the tantra stuff too. I'm waiting until I'm fully grounded before I start to embark on that journey.

Sign in to follow this