Trunk

Hot Tea

I keep hearing good things about jiaogulan, or gynostemma tea. Supposed to have all sorts of nifty health benefits and taste great to boot!

I love gynostemma...

Unique Taiping Houkui tea – the one you should know about.

Lots of things have been written about the benefits of green tea, so I think I better tell you more about a unique and little-known in the Western world green tea. Get acquainted – the Taiping Houkui.

250g-top-grade-Chinese-font-b-green-b-fo

Taiping Houkui is one of the elite Chinese green teas. Even its appearance is different from all others. As you can see, it is a large-leafed tea, with usual length of a dry leaf about 6 cm, which sometimes can be up to 10 cm. Taiping Houkui is grown in Anhui Province, at an altitude of about 700m and is collected from a special kind of a tea tree. Compared with other green teas, Taiping Houkui is made of a more limited quantity. Tealeaves for production are collected in springtime, but only for about 15-20 days a year, from the end of April until mid-May. The entire manufacturing process takes only one day, from morning till evening.

This tea is impossible to confuse with any other, and its aroma is reminiscent of natural flavour of orchids, with an amazing gentle and delicate mild taste. When it was first presented to the tea exhibition on the World’s Fair and Exposition in San Francisco in 1915, Taiping Houkui recieved a gold medal. It was included in the list of the most elite Chinese teas in 1955, and was given the highest honour prize (The King of Tea) at the China International Tea Expo held at Anhui Province in 2004. Once you try it, you will understand why it is so highly appreciated.

I’ve tasted many Chinese teas, but Taiping Houkui leaves an unforgettable impression, and this is one of my favorite teas. In addition to taste and aroma, it is very good for health. It contains over 28 mineral compounds, the composition of which is perfectly balanced. Taiping Houkui very well quenches thirst, relieves fatigue, invigorates, helps to reduce blood pressure, protects against dental caries, has antimicrobial and antifungal effect, helps digestion, slows down the aging process.

It’s simply a magic tea! If you’re still thinking whether to taste this tea or not, I can say with certainty that it is definitely worth a try! Because You will love it! :)

http://tea-store.co.uk/unique-taiping-houkui-tea

This was fun... a fully functional teapot made of chocolate.

I about spit my tea out when I heard they spent six weeks preparing... that's dedication.

• Like 1

I'm getting back into putting a thin slice of lime into my tea. Even nicer when its got a little sugar on it. When I'm good I'll slice one up sprinkle a bit of sugar on both sides and keep it in my freezer. A slice goes on the bottom of every glass. Pretty to look at and it gives a brightness to the flavor. cools it down a bit too which I prefer.

• Like 3