Sign in to follow this  
oat1239

Spontaneous Movement Qigong

Well, experience with these methods, as well as methods that do improve the qi flow.

I see. Thanks for the comments. It's good to hear different perspectives and experiences. :)

I was just thinking that labels are only labels for convenience but the label doesn't change what is being labelled. Maybe I am wrong however. It has been noted that how we look at or approach things can somtimes at least change the very nature of how the thing appears, or at least it changes our interaction with that thing. For example, light can be demonstrated to be both a particle (photon) or a wave depending on how the experiment is constructed. The Heisenberg uncertainty principle states something like that the more certain we know the position of a subatomic particle the less certain we can know its momentum and vice versa. So, the more we focus on one aspect, the more uncertain we will be able to determine the other aspect. If labels tend to encourage a particular focus then maybe they do affect the outcome. So maybe I am wrong. On the other hand, maybe I didn't follow what you were saying at all. :)

They tend to put a lot of salt in cereal, and they sometimes also put a lot of sugar as well. The preservatives they put are probably not so good as well. Tony the Tiger was greaaaaaat. I always liked shredded wheat and corn flakes but the additives mentioned are probably not good for you. These days I prefer real oatmeal without sugar or salt. A good wholesome food. :)

I had a lot of fun with Kellogg's when I passed by the 'family' home in Anne Arbour and I dug a little more into their history. Seems the bro's diverged upon the 'right' thing to do. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg

I had a lot of fun with Kellogg's when I passed by the 'family' home in Anne Arbour and I dug a little more into their history. Seems the bro's diverged upon the 'right' thing to do. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg

Very interesting folks, the Kelloggs. Coincidentally, an acquaintence of mine mentioned to me last week that he had grown up as a Seventh-day Adventist and that he did not drink, smoke, or eat any red meat until he was an adult. Prior to that I had heard of the name Seventh-day Adventist but had never met anyone who was a member, nor did I know anything about what Seventh-day Adventist actually was other than being some sort of religion or church. :)

When energy rise to a specific level spontaneus movements occurs itself.

Even standing postures, bagua circle walking (B.K.Frantzis mentioned it) rarely sitting will introduce them. Your teachers are right.

Q

You seem very sure that you know all the different possibilities and permutations. I remain not so sure. :)

Wow. I am not familiar with this type of qigong and wonder how I would react to it, somehow I dont think it would influence me , but again there is a small chance that I might be wrong. Very ver very small chance as with everything.

Scotty mentioned placebo, that is my guess in many cases, or mass hypnoses of some sort.Just a guess from an outsiders point of view.

It does appear that people are getting rid of, acting out their burdens.

It looks like a good way to learn some breakdancing moves I never dared to do.

Edited by suninmyeyes

I practice a form of Spontaneous movement Neigung as do many people on this forum. Here are some benefits i have derived.

1. Inner Peace

2. Inner Bliss

3. Expansion of Awareness

-My 2 cents, Peace B)

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 3

I practice a form of Spontaneous movement Neigung as do many people on this forum. Here are some benefits i have derived.

1. Inner Peace

2. Inner Bliss

-My 2 cents, Peace B)

Hi Old Green. Thanks for your feedback. It would seem that at least some people are inclined to lump all 'spontaneous movement qigong' into the same pile, but I am still inclined to wonder if there are not at least some notable differences between the different forms/styles. I am hoping that someone who has studied directly with Shi DeLon, or with a very similar form/approach/style (see the videos), will show up and comment on their experiences with this type of spontaneous movement qigong and related practices. Shi DeLon's form/style seems to evoke a very strong catharsis type reaction in at least some people, so it would be interesting to get the perspective from people who have experienced this directly as well. I wonder if students of Shi DeLon who have experienced this directly find the results to be beneficial in both the short term and the long term. It is one thing to produce some interesting effects in the short term, but whether it produces benefits that last or increase over the long term would be interesting to know. Maybe one day I will have the opportunity to visit the teacher/school and speak to people there directly, if the group is still active.

1. Inner Peace

2. Inner Bliss

-My 2 cents, Peace B)

My experience exactly. I practice Wuji Qigong taught by Master Duan Zhi Lang. In my over 20 years experiences of traveling and meeting masters, spontaneous qigong is found among the higher practitioners. It can be difficult to achieve for some because it requires a relaxation and surrender of the ego to let the energy flow.

Some spontaneous movement is due to chi obstruction and pathology but once the energy channels have been cleared sufficiently it can be a dance like movement. One can see not only spontaneous 5 animals but bagua, asanas, and other movement. We are are just energy anyway. :)

my 4 cents...inflation

• Like 3

Hi Old Green. Thanks for your feedback. It would seem that at least some people are inclined to lump all 'spontaneous movement qigong' into the same pile, but I am still inclined to wonder if there are not at least some notable differences between the different forms/styles. I am hoping that someone who has studied directly with Shi DeLon, or with a very similar form/approach/style (see the videos), will show up and comment on their experiences with this type of spontaneous movement qigong and related practices. Shi DeLon's form/style seems to evoke a very strong catharsis type reaction in at least some people, so it would be interesting to get the perspective from people who have experienced this directly as well. I wonder if students of Shi DeLon who have experienced this directly find the results to be beneficial in both the short term and the long term. It is one thing to produce some interesting effects in the short term, but whether it produces benefits that last or increase over the long term would be interesting to know. Maybe one day I will have the opportunity to visit the teacher/school and speak to people there directly, if the group is still active.

if you just practice standing stake it will happen on its own eventually. its nice to have a guide when you start but it doesnt mean you cant start without one.

the key is to relax and let the energy take you. no fighting or resisting. it's like surfing...ride the wave..dont fight it.

if you can find a video of spontaneous shaking qigong that would be a nice start. my friend took his down.

s

if you just practice standing stake it will happen on its own eventually. its nice to have a guide when you start but it doesnt mean you cant start without one.

Yes, it can be started on your own but it may not stop on its own. FYI There were many Taiwanese practiced but cannot stop on their own and ended up in the hospital under psychiatric care. Unfortunately, the western modern medical science does not have a cure for it.... :(

Yes, it can be started on your own but it may not stop on its own. FYI There were many Taiwanese practiced but cannot stop on their own and ended up in the hospital under psychiatric care. Unfortunately, the western modern medical science does not have a cure for it.... :(

yes, there is spontaneous movement from chi deviation and pathology. A good medical qigong practitioner can look at the type of movement that is happening and see what element is out of balance and manage it.

I have seen some pretty wild movements that some slow stroking down the back and some kind words calm down right away. I have calmed some by touching gently and grounding them. My smoother energy field serves as a template for some people having more of a chaotic movement.

western medicine does not have a cure but they do recognize chi psychosis. it is in the DSMV psychiatric manual of the American Psychiatric Association. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnostic_and_Statistical_Manual_of_Mental_Disorders

Qi-gong (exercise of vital energy) is a Chinese method of meditation, based on traditional Chinese medicine. The best known in the West is Tai Chi, although there are around 2,200 methods in total. The DSM IV and Chinese Classification of Mental Disorders define it as an acute, time-limited episode characterized by dissociative, paranoid and other psychotic and non-psychotic symptoms that occur after participation in Qigong. An alternate name for the syndrome is Qigong Deviation Syndrome. According to a recent study by Dr. Huaihai Shan, folk-beliefs attribute the condition to "adverse flow in the body," "uncontrollable behavior," "over-meditation" and "spirit possession". Over a third of 129 respondents described sensory problems (32%), mood symptoms (90%) and behavioral problems (37%). Other symptoms listed were memory problems (24%), attention difficulties (26%), thought disorders (18%) and disordered consciousness (2%). Nearly all patients report "the Qi moving within the body, and dashing or rushing into the head." Somatic symptoms may include headaches, dizziness or disorientation, and strange sensations in the lower abdomen (the Dan-Tian point). They may demonstrate hypochondriasis, anxiety, sadness and feelings of being out of control. In addition, they may experience visual and auditory hallucinations. The symptoms occur after Qigong practice and may last two weeks to a month.

http://rjg42.tripod.com/culturebound_syndromes.htm

(All these symptoms are not unusual and can point to a chi deviation or a clearing happening in a person's energy system. A little education and re-assurance can go a long way in making this not such a bad problem as it looks in the above quote. A little bit of Microcosmic Orbit, Secret Smile and keeping the tongue up touching behind the top teeth goes a long way to prevent such problems and soothing them.)

But it is not commonly known it is in the DSMV as well as the little known diagnosis Spiritual Emergence which is a catch all diagnosis for shamanic type experiences.

http://www.spiritualcompetency.com/dsm4/dsmrstoc.html

if a person has a practice or familiarity with chi and chi sensitivity I would not discourage them from practicing spontaneity. Generally it is a practice for higher level practitioners but I will work with beginners so they can start to have spontaneous movement of chi under my guidance. It is an important part of chi development.

One must consider cultural differences too. I am not familiar too much with China but I am certainly familiar with Westerners and they can adapt fairly quickly.

Wow. I am not familiar with this type of qigong and wonder how I would react to it, somehow I dont think it would influence me , but again there is a small chance that I might be wrong. Very ver very small chance as with everything.

Scotty mentioned placebo, that is my guess in many cases, or mass hypnoses of some sort.Just a guess from an outsiders point of view.

It does appear that people are getting rid of, acting out their burdens.

It looks like a good way to learn some breakdancing moves I never dared to do.

Im sure that you would be fine, as you have relatively open channels already. Its the beginners with the big blockages and naive or fearful attitude towards detox that encounter problems. I find the shaking type of spontaneous movement, like silly dancing is very balancing.

• Like 1

Im sure that you would be fine, as you have relatively open channels already. Its the beginners with the big blockages and naive or fearful attitude towards detox that encounter problems. I find the shaking type of spontaneous movement, like silly dancing is very balancing.

Oh yes totally :) , I love dancing and spontanious movements and do find it balancing.

It is just that I am a bit sceptical towards the videos posted in the very first post and the stuff going on in there supossedly induced by the teacher. Have you seen them? If not do watch them ,they are interseting.

Sign in to follow this