#17 Harmonious Emptiness

Harmonious Emptiness

nemesis: Erroneous Cleanliness

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3314 posts
  • Interests:Tao and The Divine Virtue
    道德

Putting Classical Chinese thoughts into English words.

The space between the notes...

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

A.

On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak.

it peaks but does it plateau after the peak... not sure.

The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum

"minimum." Confusing again as to whether this means it starts at that point.

B.

Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation.

the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change.

a bit more direct to the other side, but still vague, since the periodic period could be anytime after the 7th day, or just a fluctuation rather than a peak and plateau.

Be humble, believe in yourself.

"Will is a functionary of desire. When you have many desires, then your mind is scattered; when your mind is scattered, then your will deteriorates. When your will deteriorates, then thought does not attain its object." (from "Master of Demon Valley" trans. by Thomas Cleary

#18 ChiDragon

ChiDragon

無為道人

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6937 posts
  • Interests:A Semi-Taoist, understand Chinese fluently, who practiced Tai Chi and Chi Kung with noticeable significant results. Especially, interested in acupressure and had performed on myself and wife to cure minor body pains. Study the true meanings of the Tao Te Ching by doing its translation into English.

Interested in finding and demystify ancient ambiguous ineffable concepts in correlation with modern scientific knowledge.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

Is this study saying that the level stays at 145.7%, or that it's just a fluctuation and then it goes back down to the beginning as of the 8th day?

I think you missed the point. It stays at the 145.7% level until the next ejaculation, then the cycle repeats again.

"that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum"
"Minimum" means it takes at least 7 days to rejuvenate back to the normal serum testosterone level from the day of ejaculation.

Edited by ChiDragon, 22 June 2011 - 01:27 PM.

靜觀其變 以靜制動
Beware of the unexpected silently
Handle adversity with calmness

Posted Image

#19 Aetherous

Aetherous

only a student, take words with a grain of salt

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7663 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

It stays at the 145.7% level until the next ejaculation

It didn't say that. I'm curious to find out what happens after the 7th day...

"From what i can see, this place is like a sanctuary for many." - C T

#20 ChiDragon

ChiDragon

無為道人

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6937 posts
  • Interests:A Semi-Taoist, understand Chinese fluently, who practiced Tai Chi and Chi Kung with noticeable significant results. Especially, interested in acupressure and had performed on myself and wife to cure minor body pains. Study the true meanings of the Tao Te Ching by doing its translation into English.

Interested in finding and demystify ancient ambiguous ineffable concepts in correlation with modern scientific knowledge.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

It didn't say that. I'm curious to find out what happens after the 7th day...

1. a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak.

2. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation.

What is that saying to you....???

It seems to me that "No regular fluctuation was observed" are the keywords:
"No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak." AND "which would not occur without ejaculation."

IS saying
It stays at the 145.7% level until the next ejaculation, then the cycle repeats again.
靜觀其變 以靜制動
Beware of the unexpected silently
Handle adversity with calmness

Posted Image

#21 Harmonious Emptiness

Harmonious Emptiness

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3314 posts
    道德

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

"a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. "

I guess "no fluctuation" means that it did not drop either.

"Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. "

This looks to me like it says there is a cycle that begins and ends, but only begins again with the "rainfall.

Alright, seems pretty clear now. Damn scholastic efficiencies <_<

"Will is a functionary of desire. When you have many desires, then your mind is scattered; when your mind is scattered, then your will deteriorates. When your will deteriorates, then thought does not attain its object." (from "Master of Demon Valley" trans. by Thomas Cleary

#22 Mahberry

Mahberry

Tao Wizard

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:22 PM

It says a clear peak, not plateau. The peak is a fluctuation, it returns back to baseline.
Because self isn't a single aspect as the ego would have it. Self as ego is fire made manifested personality, self as I see True-self is all aspects and eventually non as well.

But not only either or, unless you choose it to be. If you do . . .

Then an absolute perspective reigns in fallacy, true, yet not completely or only true.

#23 Non

Non

Tao Bum!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

I have experienced that testosterone surge arround day 5-6. As far as I remember form previous studies it is supposed to go down to more or less exactly where it was right after the last ejaculation so the data does not support that there is any effect in the long run. The people at reuniting.info say that over weeks and months of abstaining they do start to feel more masculine though. ONe way to interperate the data is that as long as the body thinks it is having regular sex it can chill but once 5-6 days without it has passed it gives you a boost to make you chase yoni and give you extra confidence and alphaness to make sure you get it.

Not exactly.

I've gone about 6 months retaining and have not once made any connection with women.

#24 Non

Non

Tao Bum!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:32 PM

My question is this though: does increased horniness always mean higher testosterone or just lack of kidney yin or yang?

#25 Non

Non

Tao Bum!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

Another question is this: they say Baseline.

Does the baseline increase with each successive ejaculation after 7 or more days of retention?

Or do you always have the same baseline?

edit: nah nvm. Why the hell would you have a higher baseline?

Unless the capacity for a higher baseline increased. In which case perahps it woudl be in the same 'ratio'/baseline relative to your capacity but even so you might have a greater capacity to hold testosterone.

Edited by Non, 22 June 2011 - 06:36 PM.

#26 Non

Non

Tao Bum!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

It says a clear peak, not plateau. The peak is a fluctuation, it returns back to baseline.

Yea so basically I interpret from your post that let's say your baseline is 1. After 7 days the testosterone goes to 1.5. On the 8th day it just goes back to 1.

#27 Mahberry

Mahberry

Tao Wizard

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:04 PM

Yea so basically I interpret from your post that let's say your baseline is 1. After 7 days the testosterone goes to 1.5. On the 8th day it just goes back to 1.

Yea, it's a surge of testosterone for a short amount of time. Base level of testosterone remains the same all the time. The peak only signifies the highest recorded serum testosterone for the day compared to the baseline.

The study says there's a significant fluctuation of serum testosterone on the 7th day then none thereafter.
Because self isn't a single aspect as the ego would have it. Self as ego is fire made manifested personality, self as I see True-self is all aspects and eventually non as well.

Then an absolute perspective reigns in fallacy, true, yet not completely or only true.

#28 Non

Non

Tao Bum!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:19 AM

I wonder if these people were also told not to masturbate at all, as in no self stimulation.

#29 LeonBasin

LeonBasin

I Write

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1429 posts
  • Interests:Tao, Zen, Yoga, Writing, Reading, QiGong, Nature and Living.

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

this meets my experience also...

BUT, there's also a "use it or lose it period" also... That maybe that center shuts down after not being 'utilised'.

I know that an occassional nut can be good for the soul ;)

In KAP they talk about once a month ejaculating... that seems like a good happy medium... all jacked up on testosterone but still keeping the "pipes clean"... :D

Can I hear more on this?
Once a month ejaculation?
I think it's interesting.
Cleaning the "pipes."

#30 Harmonious Emptiness

Harmonious Emptiness

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3314 posts
    道德

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

From another study on the same page as the original link:

Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinence.
Exton MS, Krüger TH, Bursch N, Haake P, Knapp W, Schedlowski M, Hartmann U.
Source

Institut für Medizinische Psychologie, Universitätsklinikum Essen, Germany.

michael.exton@uni-essen.de
Abstract

This current study examined the effect of a 3-week period of sexual abstinence on the neuroendocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm. Hormonal and cardiovascular parameters were examined in ten healthy adult men during sexual arousal and masturbation-induced orgasm. Blood was drawn continuously and cardiovascular parameters were constantly monitored. This procedure was conducted for each participant twice, both before and after a 3-week period of sexual abstinence. Plasma was subsequently analysed for concentrations of adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol, prolactin, luteinizing hormone and testosterone concentrations. Orgasm increased blood pressure, heart rate, plasma catecholamines and prolactin. These effects were observed both before and after sexual abstinence. In contrast, although plasma testosterone was unaltered by orgasm, higher testosterone concentrations were observed following the period of abstinence. These data demonstrate that acute abstinence does not change the neuroendocrine response to orgasm but does produce elevated levels of testosterone in males.

"These data demonstrate that acute abstinence does not change the neuroendocrine response to orgasm but does produce elevated levels of testosterone in males."

I think this upholds the interpretation that the peak was not not a fluctuation but rather the highest that the level got...

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness, 23 June 2011 - 01:17 PM.

#31 Mahberry

Mahberry

Tao Wizard

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

It's 2 different studies and they really mean fluctuation when they say fluctuation. But still, your paper is GOOD NEWS.

Posted Image

Full papers:

http://www.zju.edu.c...0302/030219.pdf

http://www.hawaii.ed..._Abstinence.pdf

#32 henro

henro

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

Can I hear more on this?
Once a month ejaculation?
I think it's interesting.
Cleaning the "pipes."

And more importantly, do they (KAP) have any science on this, is it a historical lineage thing, Chinese or Ayurvedic text, or is it something they just came up with ??
"Only those who dare to go too far can possibly find out how far they can go." - T.S. Eliot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users