#1 Thunder_Gooch

Thunder_Gooch

Tao Bum!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4541 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

http://www.ncbi.nlm....1?dopt=Abstract

J Zhejiang Univ Sci. 2003 Mar-Apr;4(2):236-40.
A research on the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men.
Jiang M, Xin J, Zou Q, Shen JW.
Source

Department of Life Science, Hangzhou Normal College, Hangzhou 310020, China. jiangmy@mail.hz.zj.cn
Abstract

The purpose of this study is to gain understanding of the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence periods after ejaculation for two phases. The authors found that the fluctuations of testosterone levels from the 2nd to 5th day of abstinence were minimal. On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum. These data are the first to document the phenomenon of the periodic change in serum testosterone level; the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Edited by More_Pie_Guy, 21 June 2011 - 06:36 PM.

Previously Known As More_Pie_Guy

Posted Image

High Resolution Thunder_Gooch Avatar:

Spoiler

#2 Aetherous

Aetherous

only a student, take words with a grain of salt

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7577 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

Really interesting. Coincides with my subjective experience exactly.

"From what i can see, this place is like a sanctuary for many." - C T

#3 3L3VAT3

3L3VAT3

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

this meets my experience also...

BUT, there's also a "use it or lose it period" also... That maybe that center shuts down after not being 'utilised'.

I know that an occassional nut can be good for the soul ;)

In KAP they talk about once a month ejaculating... that seems like a good happy medium... all jacked up on testosterone but still keeping the "pipes clean"... :D
[color=#FF0000]Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation

#4 Mahberry

Mahberry

Tao Wizard

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

It went back to baseline after the 7th day and stays that way.

I tried going for more than 6 months, it just occurred to me one day I don't get morning wood anymore. So out of fear I rubbed one out. Wasn't doing any energy practices yet then and I don't feel especially alert or anything, just a lot of agitation during the afternoon.
Because self isn't a single aspect as the ego would have it. Self as ego is fire made manifested personality, self as I see True-self is all aspects and eventually non as well.

But not only either or, unless you choose it to be. If you do . . .

Then an absolute perspective reigns in fallacy, true, yet not completely or only true.

#5 z00se

z00se

Earth Friend

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:Qigong, Kykoshin, Running, Iron Palm, Partyin

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:09 AM

Yeah its interesting. Life just isn't the same without that morning boner. I think if you do testicular breathing or qi weight lifting you are using the energy so you won't lose it so to speak. Your body will produce more.

But yeah i've been pumped full of sexual energy so that my mouth was babbling away faster than i could think several times due to too much energy and blockages. It's good to release sometimes, whenever you feel it's right on the inside.

#6 Non

Non

Tao Bum!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:57 AM

the body decreases production of testosterone after some time of semen retention to make up for what it already has.

Then who knows.. as an evolutionary mechanism it probably thinks you are beta male and don't need any testosterone and might lower it?

At least... if you're not having sex. I read somewhere you need ejaculate at least once in a while to stimulate testosterone production, but it has to be the right way.
If you have no partner though i don't think it's any good. Masturbation overstimulates the PC muscle which can cause probs.

#7 Non

Non

Tao Bum!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:45 AM

qi weight lifting?

#8 orb

orb

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

it just occurred to me one day I don't get morning wood anymore. So out of fear I rubbed one out.

Lmao :lol: This should be the quote of the day !
‎"everybody has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" - (Iron) Mike Tyson

#9 ralis

ralis

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5187 posts
  • Interests:Qigong

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

I take lots of aminos and ZMA fuel. I have no problem with low testosterone levels!

#10 awake

awake

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:13 AM

http://www.ncbi.nlm....1?dopt=Abstract
No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak.

I believe that defining the period to which this statement refers (ie. how much time after the peak was studied) is crucial to understanding the application of the findings.

that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum.

What does this mean?
i dont know anything spiritual

#11 ChiDragon

ChiDragon

無為道人

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6906 posts
  • Interests:A Semi-Taoist, understand Chinese fluently, who practiced Tai Chi and Chi Kung with noticeable significant results. Especially, interested in acupressure and had performed on myself and wife to cure minor body pains. Study the true meanings of the Tao Te Ching by doing its translation into English.

Interested in finding and demystify ancient ambiguous ineffable concepts in correlation with modern scientific knowledge.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum.

What does this mean?

It means after 7 days the serum testosterone level has been reached at its peak and it will reproduce no more. In addition, it was suggesting it's better for a man to have sex in the 8th day after ejaculation because the sperms had reached maturity.
靜觀其變 以靜制動
Beware of the unexpected silently
Handle adversity with calmness

Posted Image

#12 Non

Non

Tao Bum!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

It means after 7 days the serum testosterone level has been reached at its peak and it will reproduce no more. In addition, it was suggesting it's better for a man to have sex in the 8th day after ejaculation because the sperms had reached maturity.

lol so what about 100 days during a period of "laying the foundation" with chi kung neigong meditations etc ? they haven't gone that far in the studies...

#13 markern

markern

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1189 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

I have experienced that testosterone surge arround day 5-6. As far as I remember form previous studies it is supposed to go down to more or less exactly where it was right after the last ejaculation so the data does not support that there is any effect in the long run. The people at reuniting.info say that over weeks and months of abstaining they do start to feel more masculine though. ONe way to interperate the data is that as long as the body thinks it is having regular sex it can chill but once 5-6 days without it has passed it gives you a boost to make you chase yoni and give you extra confidence and alphaness to make sure you get it.

#14 ChiDragon

ChiDragon

無為道人

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6906 posts
  • Interests:A Semi-Taoist, understand Chinese fluently, who practiced Tai Chi and Chi Kung with noticeable significant results. Especially, interested in acupressure and had performed on myself and wife to cure minor body pains. Study the true meanings of the Tao Te Ching by doing its translation into English.

Interested in finding and demystify ancient ambiguous ineffable concepts in correlation with modern scientific knowledge.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

lol so what about 100 days during a period of "laying the foundation" with chi kung neigong meditations etc ? they haven't gone that far in the studies...

If I understand your question correctly, a Chi Kung practitioner will reach the serum testosterone level quicker than 7 days. It because Chi Kung will increase the cell respiration process faster than an ordinary person.
靜觀其變 以靜制動
Beware of the unexpected silently
Handle adversity with calmness

Posted Image

#15 Harmonious Emptiness

Harmonious Emptiness

nemesis: Erroneous Cleanliness

• Concierge
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3187 posts
  • Interests:Tao and The Divine Virtue
    道德

Putting Classical Chinese thoughts into English words.

The space between the notes...

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

As far as I remember form previous studies it is supposed to go down to more or less exactly where it was right after the last ejaculation so the data does not support that there is any effect in the long run.

Is this study saying that the level stays at 145.7%, or that it's just a fluctuation and then it goes back down to the beginning as of the 8th day?

I wonder about seasonal effects too, since it's said that we produce more Yang in the spring and summer, while we have to conserve it more in the fall and winter.

The effects of dual cultivation are not addressed either, nor the levels of nutrients in the blood.

Nonetheless, very interesting :ninja:
Be humble, believe in yourself.

"Will is a functionary of desire. When you have many desires, then your mind is scattered; when your mind is scattered, then your will deteriorates. When your will deteriorates, then thought does not attain its object." (from "Master of Demon Valley" trans. by Thomas Cleary

#16 markern

markern

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1189 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

Is this study saying that the level stays at 145.7%, or that it's just a fluctuation and then it goes back down to the beginning as of the 8th day?

I wonder about seasonal effects too, since it's said that we produce more Yang in the spring and summer, while we have to conserve it more in the fall and winter.

The effects of dual cultivation are not addressed either, nor the levels of nutrients in the blood.

Nonetheless, very interesting :ninja:

When I last read a resume of the study I understood it as it goes back down again so the effect is irrelevant on day 8 yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users