Friend

Wu Liu Pai

I just read Taoist Yoga recently and having listened to your conversation, I was wondering what your thoughts on out-of-body experiences or astral projections in relation to this topic. Specifically, I practice the methods of Robert Bruce and Robert Monroe to initiate a projection into the six realms. Would you say that what is being generated through this practice is the ghost immortal? And if so, will this practice make it more difficult or impossible for me to later attempt to do alchemy? Any advice would be appreciated. Unfortunately, I do not access to a teacher where I currently live.

Hi Zhuo Ming-Dao, i read Robert Monroe only a short while, for a principled review.

Of course, first -these practice work with the consciousness (mind) that only indirectly related to the yin-shen (yin-spirt). Secondly - the maximum achievement of here may be - moving yin-shen out of the body. In this case, may cause various interesting phenomena and abilities.

But it is not easy and it is very dangerous!

But even if this is achieved, it's still not connected with the ghost immortal, because the ghost immortal is not just a moving yin-shen.

And if so, will this practice make it more difficult or impossible for me to later attempt to do alchemy?

It's good question, because if you will going to practice alchemy in the future, this practices can affect not for the better, and at first will be need additional time to eliminate the negative impact of which has already absorbed the body from this.

Edited by Golden Path
  • Like 3

I just read Taoist Yoga recently and having listened to your conversation, I was wondering what your thoughts on out-of-body experiences or astral projections in relation to this topic. Specifically, I practice the methods of Robert Bruce and Robert Monroe to initiate a projection into the six realms. Would you say that what is being generated through this practice is the ghost immortal? ...

Dual cultivation is always the highest principle of Taoist alchemy , it can mean:

1)Cultivate both the spiritual and physical aspects of us

2) Cutlivate both Shen and qi of us

3) Cultivate the Innate nature(性) and life (命) of us

when talking about our practice under different circumstances and stages.

Any cultivation of our mind, our spiritual ability or psychic power without paying attention to qi , without using qi as "nitrition " to noursih it , will very likely generate into some kind of one-side noursihment of a yin-type of spirit, which is vulnerable to :

~ becoming short-lived ( it is nothing related to Taoist immortality )

~ becoming immoral ( Even can get a supernatural power from it, but for what ? Tao and te are not linked in this kind of practice)

~ be not healthy (It is unlikely to be any real healing power )

A ghost-typed immortal (鬼仙) is ,in fact , a ghost ; it is only because it goes aberrant , dying in cultivation different from ordinary people's death that we call it ghost- immortal.The final destiny of these people are no big difference from ordinary people's .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 3

I love the webpage design of your dao de wuliupai school. seems like it isn't so bad a school, and from the looks of it most of things there are behind-door kinda stuff. problem is the only western school seems to be in russia. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/31/2011 at 3:20 AM, Golden Path said:

Hi Friend, yes, one lines of transmission is the Xian-Tian Pai school, whose popularity stems because of the book by Zhao Bi-chen “Secrets of cultivation of Life and Destiny”. This book was translated into English by Lu K'uan Yu (Charles Luk) and published like “Taoist Yoga, Alchemy and Immortality”.

But the Wu-Liu Pai school does not recognize Xian-Tian Pai as preserving the full transmission.

Zhao Bi-chen's school is the latest branch the Wu Liu Pai school, and it did not maintain complete methods of dual cultivation Xing and Ming

Zhao Bi-chen lost the main method MING in practices (like many other Daoist schools)

Without the MING methods not possible to reach stages in alchemy higer a ghost-immortal - Gui Xian ( 鬼仙 ), so impossible perfection in TAO.

Ghost-immortal - the immortal among devils or the immortal devil. It was believed that this achievement is a characteristic of shamanic practices, the late Chan Buddhism, the pseudo-Taoism, different meditations. Withdrawal of Yin spirit. The practitioner remains mortal, despite the practice of spirit withdrawal and possible capabilities.

Moreover, he may not be reborn after his death and stay a ghost forever. This was not practiced in Taoism, it was forbidden (meaning the serious study, not just jingzuo).

That sounds exactly like the result of the ordeal of the abyss. After death, you can remain as a spirit for ancestor worship in your lineage. In life you were taught, in death you teach - you help ferry the young ones across the abyss. And your lineage, keeps you from dissolving back into the dao through worship or becoming a hungry spirit D:. A game of leapfrog where you can enter the world again. The ghost immortal or depending on the technique - the spirit immortal if you manage to touch the selves beyond your finite mortal comprehension.

Some of the magicians have become demons and angels inside grimoires - at the cost of their humanity.

On 6/23/2011 at 4:07 PM, Taomeow said:

It is very common for a shaman to transmit his or her spirit to the successor in its entirety -- either a family member selected for the path or a trained apprentice. Thus, some shamans not only have full choice in the matter of reincarnating their spirit or not, but deliberately control where it will go after the body dies. That's the skill of an "immortal with substance," not a ghost immortal. For a lively example of a modern day Siberian shaman transferring his spirit to his chosen successor upon his death, read "Entering the Circle," a book by a Russian psychiatrist working at a psychiatric hospital in Siberia at the time, who ran across this peculiar case in her practice. (An old shaman from a remote village decided to die and transfer his spirit to his nephew. The young man had no prior exposure to anything of this nature, being a very ordinary city guy, and at first became convinced that he was going crazy, which is why he consulted the psychiatrist. Only when the spirit of the shaman uncle takes root and explains to him exactly what happened and all the why's and wherefore's, the young man becomes, um, instantly enlightened, and proceeds to explain to the psychiatrist that he IS that same shaman now -- with full sanity and full ability at that. It's a fun read, and pretty accurate as to how these things can unfold today.)

Life transference yoga.

Interesting book taomeow, gonna take a look at it.

Edited by Emera

On 6/26/2011 at 8:31 AM, Zhuo Ming-Dao said:

I just read Taoist Yoga recently and having listened to your conversation, I was wondering what your thoughts on out-of-body experiences or astral projections in relation to this topic. Specifically, I practice the methods of Robert Bruce and Robert Monroe to initiate a projection into the six realms. Would you say that what is being generated through this practice is the ghost immortal? And if so, will this practice make it more difficult or impossible for me to later attempt to do alchemy? Any advice would be appreciated. Unfortunately, I do not access to a teacher where I currently live.

Well, astral projection and techniques in the west, as the complete method are the basis of orders where they keep a connection between the living and dead. Its not a big secret, but people generally don't talk about it. These tecniques are practice for death; but nowadays, people who dont understand the context use them for other things, or they even misperform the technique and walk in their microcosm - thinking it is the astral.

Any connection to the dead and death is yin, so I will answer for other one -  it will not bring you achievement of ghost immortal (yin shen) as this practice is only exhaust your essence to give you some kind of experiences, it's not really developing practice at all.

Yin shen beside negative revibration in the description of being ghost immortal is actually very positive experience and achievement for human person. On that level you are above most human cultivators, but you do not feel human as much as you used to. It's just comes to you that you are not human anymore in that form even if the body is there. 

It's positive because it's have still yang in it which you can cultivate and change into yang shen.

Edited by SeekerOfHealing
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

Any connection to the dead and death is yin, so I will answer for other one -  it will not bring you achievement of ghost immortal (yin shen) as this practice is only exhaust your essence to give you some kind of experiences, it's not really developing practice at all.

Yin shen beside negative revibration in the description of being ghost immortal is actually very positive experience and achievement for human person. On that level you are above most human cultivators, but you do not feel human as much as you used to. It's just comes to you that you are not human anymore in that form even if the body is there. 

It's positive because it's have still yang in it which you can cultivate and change into yang shen.

Ok. Then can you explain your school's depictions of immortals? Humbly asking.

I do not understand the question. Every neidan school have the same depictions of immortals. 

• Ghost immortal.
  • Human immortal.
  • Earth immortal.
  • Spiritual Immortal.
  • Heavenly immortal.

15 hours ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

I do not understand the question. Every neidan school have the same depictions of immortals. 

• Ghost immortal.
  • Human immortal.
  • Earth immortal.
  • Spiritual Immortal.
  • Heavenly immortal.

• Immortal immortal.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:19 AM, SeekerOfHealing said:

• Ghost immortal.
  • Human immortal.
  • Earth immortal.
  • Spiritual Immortal.
  • Heavenly immortal.

Ok, what kind of immortal would be the one that is connected to all their selves in infinite worlds? The pure self that is unified into mystery, into union.

Edited by Emera

There is no such thing. 

What you are talking about is Xin which was refined to very subtle perception. but it's gives you nothing when you can only see pre-natal (preheaven) substances but do not know how to utilize them.