Spoiler

#2 aridus

aridus

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

My best explanation (even though I don't think the poem is actually asking for one, but that the question is part of the poem itself) is that perception is incredibly powerful.

He wanted 'shi shi' but got 'shi shi' instead. Ten lions or stone lions. Which is it? Shi shi shi shi.

#3 aridus

aridus

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:23 PM

How about this one?

Dogfish dog fish, fish dog dogfish dogfish dog. Fish fish dogfish, dogfish fish fish fish fish, dogfish fish dogfish.

#4 Otis

Otis

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1165 posts
  • Interests:Dance, video

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:28 PM

I slander, you slander, we all slander the Icelander.
www.youtube.com/inspiredmayhem

#5 thelerner

thelerner

Been here long enough to know better

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6577 posts
  • Interests:Getting Closer to Fine
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:20 AM

Here is my swing at it.

Shi craved power. He went to great effort to get it. He ended up with too much energy (dripping water that needed to be controlled). His striving was for naught. His efforts to attain could have been found by staying at home. (ie Lions turned to stone, like the house he left).

To me its a riddle is about staying where you are and cultivating, not looking for lions, they'll only turn to stone.
Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#6 Otis

Otis

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1165 posts
  • Interests:Dance, video

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:00 AM

Shi sells shi shells by the shi shore.
www.youtube.com/inspiredmayhem

#7 SeriesOfTubes

SeriesOfTubes

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

It is a detailed stone relief carving where everything is made of stone with multiple panels to show passage of time.. ?
"And again, the Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. "

#8 mYTHmAKER

mYTHmAKER

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2802 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:56 PM

Shi sells shi shells by the shi shore.

:lol:
Each day
I
maintain
my body,
only to find
the sea once more
at my sand castle.

#9 dawei

dawei

Tao Bum!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4573 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

There is one word yet it has many meanings. Their meanings combine to show the power of oneness; the one word (in romanized form) is so powerful it becomes incomprehensible.

He wanted to show that one 'thing' (事-shi, so a self-explained riddle) is what this is all about; yet it it not enough to use one sense (listen) to comprehend; one needs the whole of senses to get the whole of meaning (you need to be able to see the words, not just listen).

#10 deci belle

deci belle

Lezboyenne

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1716 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

Here is my swing at it.

Shi craved power. He went to great effort to get it. He ended up with too much energy (dripping water that needed to be controlled). His striving was for naught. His efforts to attain could have been found by staying at home. (ie Lions turned to stone, like the house he left).

To me its a riddle is about staying where you are and cultivating, not looking for lions, they'll only turn to stone.

Yay!!❤

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users