99 replies to this topic

#65 Dainin

Dainin

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2405 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

I just saw the DVD listed on E-Bay. With such high praise from Trunk, I may check it out too:

http://www.ebay.com/...d-/260466968497

There is also a very interesting teacher down here in Florida, Sunyata Saraswati, who teaches this form. He will be teaching it in New York City next month:

Shen Tao Innergy Arts (scroll down)

He also wrote a popular book about tantra, "The Jewel in the Lotus".
"Do your practice and all is coming" Sri K. Pattabhi Jois

"My miracle is that when I feel hungry I eat, and when I feel thirsty I drink" Bankei

"In spring, hundreds of flowers; in autumn, a harvest moon; in summer,
a refreshing breeze; in winter, snow will accompany you. If useless things
do not hang in your mind, any season is a good season for you." Mu-Mon

#66 zerostao

zerostao

traveling cloud

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5824 posts
  • Interests:elixirs, trees, herbs, harmony
    Spiritual Taoism

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:28 AM

I just saw the DVD listed on E-Bay. With such high praise from Trunk, I may check it out too:

http://www.ebay.com/...d-/260466968497

There is also a very interesting teacher down here in Florida, Sunyata Saraswati, who teaches this form. He will be teaching it in New York City next month:

Shen Tao Innergy Arts (scroll down)

He also wrote a popular book about tantra, "The Jewel in the Lotus".

inneresting link dainin, have you studied under this teacher?
live like an immortal
i am a brother to dragons and a companion of owls
powered by aufheben

#67 Dainin

Dainin

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2405 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:47 AM

inneresting link dainin, have you studied under this teacher?

Hi zerostao, so far I have only been to a half day qigong (not Kuan Yin Magnetic) workshop with him, which was very good. I do hope to learn more from him in the future, but my schedule hasn't meshed with the dates of his courses so far. He is very knowledgable and has studied with many notable teachers. He even met Yogananda when he was a kid.
"Do your practice and all is coming" Sri K. Pattabhi Jois

"My miracle is that when I feel hungry I eat, and when I feel thirsty I drink" Bankei

"In spring, hundreds of flowers; in autumn, a harvest moon; in summer,
a refreshing breeze; in winter, snow will accompany you. If useless things
do not hang in your mind, any season is a good season for you." Mu-Mon

#68 sifusufi

sifusufi

Tao Chango Fire Over Water

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:RAMONES

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

Deja Vu?

:excl:

Perhaps a separate study thread?

There's a 3-in-1 special.

Posted Image

Sifu Matsuo puts out stunningly effective material. I think that once a few bums catch onto his stuff, could become all the rave here. :lol: :D

(not to lessen any of the fine teachers in & around already :) )

~ (much) later edit ~
You may order the 3-in-1 for $200 directly from DGS via paypal to the e-mail address DragonGateSanctuary@gmail.com. Just include in the paypal message area which item you are ordering and make sure that your mailing address is correct. (Thank you! to Sifu Matsuo.)

I suggest getting Sifu Matsuo's "Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong". Max is one of S.Matsuo's teachers and KYMQ is his presentation of "Kunlun". I've been to Max's seminar, I've seen Jenny's dvd, and I've seen the KYMQ dvd. imo, KYMQ is far and away the better presentation. It includes a whole series of simple movements, of which "Kunlun" is one, all of which are critical and presented with clear mechanics and principles. Read the review and ordering instructions at the link.

This is just my point of view, and is not meant to disparage the pts of view of those devoted to Max or Jenny or any other. Everyone has their path. Just my 2 cents.

kind regards,
Trunk

Feeling a need to take a hard look at this

The last I heard of Eric Yudelove he was here waxing poetic regarding Kwan Yin.

And Doc Morris ? Any one know if he was on this path ? :ninja:
Amazing Energy Strong Siddhis en Masse
Seek not to follow in the footsteps of men of old; seek what they sought. - Matsuo Basho
Meeting of the Minds Illumination

#69 Lucky7Strikes

Lucky7Strikes

?

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

Hi zerostao, so far I have only been to a half day qigong (not Kuan Yin Magnetic) workshop with him, which was very good. I do hope to learn more from him in the future, but my schedule hasn't meshed with the dates of his courses so far. He is very knowledgable and has studied with many notable teachers. He even met Yogananda when he was a kid.

Wonder where he learned the Kuan Yin Magnetic Qi Gong.

Hmm...

Edited by Lucky7Strikes, 16 September 2011 - 10:46 PM.

A thousand petals
Drift into an empty house.

Though the sound of the herder's flute passes by,
The man and the ox are no where to be seen.

-Suh Sahn

#70 turkish

turkish

• The Tao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

I assume so but I am not %100 sure. :unsure:
Inquire by e-mail: DragonGateSanctuary@gmail.com

~ later edit ~
Yes. See ordering info at the bottom of my DGS page.

Trunk, zerostao,
Thanks for your guidance. I did end up coughing the money to buy the set as your advised and i was not disappointed. Thanks for sharing this gift with me - i deeply thank both of you.

sincrely

#71 zerostao

zerostao

traveling cloud

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5824 posts
    Spiritual Taoism

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:53 AM

anyone have a review of the Taoist 5 Element Touch Point Healing dvd?
is it like an acupressure thing?
live like an immortal
powered by aufheben

#72 zerostao

zerostao

traveling cloud

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5824 posts
    Spiritual Taoism

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

Posted Imageseemed to be as good a place as any to post this. Posted Image
live like an immortal
powered by aufheben

#73 Trunk

Trunk

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4426 posts
  • Interests:bagua qigong

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

re-posted from the fb Dragon Gate Sanctuary page with permission:

Water Dragon 2012 Dvd is Available now
Celebrate the year of the Water dragon
$108.00 paypal to dragongatesanctuary@gmail.com. Order now and the original Water dragon dvd is included.

27 flowing movements originate from wuji counterclockwise vortexes, developing slick explosive fajing, fa chi and fa shen. Renews the central nervous system.

Full articulate lecture, form broken down into detailed drills, then the form explained.

:o

#74 spiraltao

spiraltao

nei kung bear

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Interests:learning to feel the tao within

BAGUAZHANG QIGONG anything to keep the hands alive and the heart open.

LIVING PROOF OF QIGONG RIGHT HERE!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Does this mean we get two dvds for the price of one? The old water dragon DVD and the 2012 one?Attached File  celestial_water_dragon_by_darkspookers-d4iqvbn.jpg   149.53K   43 downloads

Notice Sifu Matsuo throws in the red lightning on both sides and the single palm change toward the end of the form. Is this part of the normal water dragon form?

When I read the desccription it piqued my interest even more, the fa chi and fa shen mainly.;) ;)

Edited by jaysahnztao, 28 April 2012 - 07:21 PM.

Absorb what is useful/Reject What is USELESS

(SOMEHOW) Not gonna die 'tll I'm killed by death

BAGUAZHANG BABY

"Patience Is the GREATEST VIRTUE"

#75 Trunk

Trunk

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4426 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Does this mean we get two dvds for the price of one? The old water dragon DVD and the 2012 one?

That's my understanding, based on the phrases Lao Xie wrote (requoted below). Certainly the 2012 is not the original dvd, so must be 2-for-1.

Water Dragon 2012 Dvd is Available now
... Order now and the original Water dragon dvd is included.

Notice Sifu Matsuo throws in the red lightning on both sides and the single palm change toward the end of the form. Is this part of the normal water dragon form?

I've not a clue.
I don't have the water dragon dvds, yet. I just ordered today. :D

I chose the yt video to go along with the post and I don't know if that yt water dragon form is strictly only water dragon or with some variances, additions. So (just as far as I know) the water dragon form on the dvd might not exactly match what is in the yt vid.

- Trunk

#76 Trunk

Trunk

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4426 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

from the facebook Dragon Gate Sanctuary page

DVD Release Special for a limited time
Hirai family Jin shin Healing methods (hirai shiki jinshin ho)
[the last students of Mikao Usui in japan]
The hirai family practices mikkyo, japanese reiki, and Jishin jyutsu
called hirai shiki jinshin ho all learned from Usui

Fatigue / Trinity flow. 3 part workshop on dvd
3hrs+

part 1 the psychology and metaphor of the heart manifesting through the hands. The lessons of the point meanings as it pertains to this challenge of doing with the heart rather than leaving it out of the equation. This covers the points and arm psychology.

part II the body point names and psychology. emotional and spiritual aspects of the organs and how they relate to the frustrations of not being able to deal with being or feeling compromised, frustration, resentment,anger, not feeling the power of being able to make decisions and plans about your own life and choices.

part III the core/heart. covers the balance and strength needed to create a strong identity,character,charisma, etc or suffer the fatigue of having your decisions and plans about your life compromised, covers the centerline points, their psychology and meaning. also the lessons they bring. Wisdom and skill.

The Retail price of 200.00 will go into effect as soon as my baby can say 'daddy') for now......

Children's day special 108.00 (paypay to dragongatesanctuary@gmail.com)
shipping is free

#77 spiraltao

spiraltao

nei kung bear

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Interests:learning to feel the tao within

BAGUAZHANG QIGONG anything to keep the hands alive and the heart open.

LIVING PROOF OF QIGONG RIGHT HERE!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

I simply don't understand why people think baguazhang is so difficult, the actual combat seems quite easy to comprehend for me. It is the body mechanics that I do find difficult, that is why I spend so much time on proper body mechanics, so they will be second nature if need to be used.
Absorb what is useful/Reject What is USELESS

(SOMEHOW) Not gonna die 'tll I'm killed by death

BAGUAZHANG BABY

"Patience Is the GREATEST VIRTUE"

#78 rainbowvein

rainbowvein

Tao Manatee!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5532 posts
  • Interests:Lao Tzu's three treasures

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Fatigue / Trinity flow. 3 part workshop on dvd
3hrs+

part 1 the psychology and metaphor of the heart manifesting through the hands. The lessons of the point meanings as it pertains to this challenge of doing with the heart rather than leaving it out of the equation. This covers the points and arm psychology.

part II the body point names and psychology. emotional and spiritual aspects of the organs and how they relate to the frustrations of not being able to deal with being or feeling compromised, frustration, resentment,anger, not feeling the power of being able to make decisions and plans about your own life and choices.

part III the core/heart. covers the balance and strength needed to create a strong identity,character,charisma, etc or suffer the fatigue of having your decisions and plans about your life compromised, covers the centerline points, their psychology and meaning. also the lessons they bring. Wisdom and skill.

Curious. Anyone purchase, or work with this DVD series? I recently saw a video with Matsuo speaking about the importance of the heart. Very rare to hear about the heart spoken about in this way. Inspiring! :wub:

#79 snowmonki

snowmonki

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

Curious. Anyone purchase, or work with this DVD series? I recently saw a video with Matsuo speaking about the importance of the heart. Very rare to hear about the heart spoken about in this way. Inspiring! :wub:

First a disclaimer of sorts :D

I like Sifu Matsuo, I like his energy, I like the way he teaches. I think he is skilled at what he teaches and has a LOT to offer and teaches very openly. What I write below is not a criticism of him, or his ability or his Dragongate Sanctuary (DGS) system as a whole.

It is a review/critique of his Jinshin dvd that I have viewed. And the subsequent confusion regarding the lineage.

The healing art that first found me was Jinshin Jyutsu. I was very drawn to it, and after playing with it for a while in combination with the qigong I was learning, I tracked down the person who had brought it over to this side of the Big pond and studied with them. I have not done the complete training, and do not pretend to have full knowledge of the system.

I have found however that there is much in the system that is in line with the way Chinese medicine used to be taught, prior to TCM. This makes sense given that after Murai sensei healed himself through meditation and mudra, he began healing others and eventually he was given access to the Imperial archives in Japan for his work. He researched the Japanese copies of the old Chinese medicine texts and used that to develop a grounded theoretical approach to the healing work he was doing.

From what I understand the way jinshin was taught in japan is quite different to the way Mary Burmeister disseminated her knowledge of the art after returning to the states. This is typical and understandable, you teach to the audience you have. In Japan it continued with Dr Haruki Kato.

I recently had the chance to watch sifu Matsuo's DVD on "Hirai shiki Jin Shin Ho". Which according to DGS information appears to be a 'sister' lineage of Jinshin jutsu having come out of Japan with the Hirai family. Based on a, admittedly, quick internet search the only information available on the Hirai family appears to come from DGS. Although they are primarily credited by DGS as being the last students of Reiki founder Usui sensei. Despite some peoples view, reiki is not related to Jinshin jyutsu.

According to DGS the Hirai family passed their 'family art', sometimes referred to as "Hirai shiki Jin Shin Ho" to Hidetoshi Mitsuoka who taught sifu Matsuo. Though there appears to be two lineages here, one the reiki lineage from Usui and the jinshin one. Sifu Matuso often teaches the jinshin calling it "Energy healing mudras of the Hirai Family." So while Usui is mentioned regarding the reiki lineage, I so far have not seen or heard ANY mention of Jiro Murai the founder and developer of Jinshin juytsu. Maybe the references do exist, I honestly don't know. But google certainly produces no hits when Sifu Matsuo's name and Murai sensei's name are entered?

Given what is taught by Sifu Matsuo we know it IS the same art, and not simply a separate or different Japanese tradition with the same name.

Now, the thing that strike me as strange is simply that if this lineage of jinshin came to the US via the Hirai family and has nothing to do with Mary Burmeister. Why is it that the English language descriptions, and terms ARE Mary Burmeister's? Given that many of these things are not simply direct translations of the Japanese. Much of this way of explaining or teaching Jinshin was developed BY Mary for teaching Americans in the format she was teaching in. In Japan it was not taught in this 'Self-help' way.

I would have expected at least some difference, as is usual in 'sister' lineages coming down through different teachers.

Instead we have Sifu Matsuo going through simple basics from photocopied notes and using Mary's language to describe what jinshin is and what he is doing :blink: :(

I cannot comment on the other Jinshin DVD's that are sold by DGS but $108 for a DVD that simply takes you through only part of what is included in the publically available Jinshin Jyutsu books is pretty steep by any standards. So when others on here have commented;

• The "jin shin" mudras DVD. There is slightly more info on this DVD, one extra mudra (which is also included in the DGS kuji kiri dvd), but I also found the same 9 jin-shin mudras in a 14 dollar book. I would personally just get that inexpensive book.

"Hirai Family mudras, well most of these are Jinshin jyutsu mudras. You can buy Alice Burmeister's book for less than 10 bucks on Amazon."

I completely agree! Get Alice's book, then maybe the handbooks, or search out jinshin jysutu teachers near you. Why? Because the knowledge on the DGS dvd does not teach anything extra that you cannot get from these cheaper sources. The DVD I watched simply goes through the 8 mudra shown in Alice's book (though either I drifted or Sifu Matsuo misses one?), and shows a couple of the ways of balances out the energy flows.

So I think Jinshin Jyutsu is a great method and approach to Gently working on yourself, and others. I would simply go elsewhere to learn it.

Hirai Family Healing mudras? I'm not convinced from what I've seen.

Best,

P.S. It should be noted that this Jinshin dvd is the one that appears combined in a 3 in 1 dvd, and so if you purchase it for the other dvds it is fair enough.

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." Hakuin

http://about.me/tian.yi

http://about.me/daoyin

http://www.eightgates.co.uk/

http://medicalqigonguk.wordpress.com/

#80 snowmonki

snowmonki

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

I also like the way Sifu Matsuo discusses the heart. However on the "Jinshin" dvd I watched it is not a main thing. He does however often go into aspects and discussions on the heart during his teaching of various methods. And there are some great extracts on his youtube account, I don't know if you'd have already seen them though ? So I don't think it is tied solely to the Jinshin workshop quoted by Trunk if you want to chase it up.

Best,

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." Hakuin

http://about.me/tian.yi

http://about.me/daoyin

http://www.eightgates.co.uk/

http://medicalqigonguk.wordpress.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users