99 replies to this topic

#17 ronko

ronko

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

trunk , how are you feeling the practises , my first impressions of the dvd is its abit hit n miss , very poorly produced , and quite expensive ,

im gonna do a edit of the kwan yin dvd and take all the talking out leaving just the moves to focus on ,

#18 Jetsun

Jetsun

Tao Bum!

• Concierge
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2702 posts
  • Interests:The Fourth Way, Buddhism, Vortex Healing, Stillness

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:26 AM

For that price of over $300 I would expect the DVDs to be gold plated, there is no excuse for poor quality if you are going to charge that much

#19 Trunk

Trunk

Tao Bum!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4305 posts
  • Interests:bagua qigong

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:29 AM

For that price of over $300 I would expect the DVDs to be gold plated

The April dvd was 3 dvds in 1 for $200 (not "over $300") and it's solid gold, you just haven't noticed yet.

Music as Compassionate Middle Way: Guitars4Vets.org

Dragon Gate Sanctuary's bagua qigong

all good things come from grace,

grace comes from art,

and art comes from work.

- from the movie, A River Runs Through It

#20 zerostao

zerostao

traveling cloud

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5693 posts
  • Interests:elixirs, trees, herbs, harmony
    Spiritual Taoism

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

trunk , how are you feeling the practises , my first impressions of the dvd is its abit hit n miss , very poorly produced , and quite expensive ,

im gonna do a edit of the kwan yin dvd and take all the talking out leaving just the moves to focus on ,

probably not a good idea. i have not seen the kwan yin dvd yet but with ALL of the others i have seen (18) it is the talking that matsuo does that reveals many golden nuggets. for me at least , his expression of the ideas has given me the clearest understanding i have received from any teacher.
i have seen a few comments where someone has complained about his daughter running into a scene here and there. lighten up . a big part of any IMA is being able to relax.
i know with the bamboo palm dvd , if i had fast forwarded to the scenes with the moves
i would have cheated myself out of a treasure trove of knowledge. it is pretty much the same with all DGS dvds.
if this teacher and this knowledge does not resonate with you then maybe find another one that suits your personality better :)

the DGS teachings, the dvds, the emails, the phone calls, and chris matsuo and ray carbullido do come stateside each year for personal instruction.you can send them video of you for them to review and provide correction. in a very short time ( 2 years) i have made noticeable gains in skill and understanding - even life changing. lifestyle changing for sure.
live like an immortal
i am a brother to dragons and a companion of owls
powered by aufheben

#21 growant

growant

peterpan

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

Trunk and/or Zerostao, can you expand on the benfits you received from these practices?

#22 AugustLeo

AugustLeo

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums+
  • 543 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

Edited by AugustLeo, 24 August 2011 - 06:06 PM.

#23 zerostao

zerostao

traveling cloud

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5693 posts
    Spiritual Taoism

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

Trunk and/or Zerostao, can you expand on the benfits you received from these practices?

my main focus is with baguazhang. i do feel healthwise and energywise i am benefiting.
knowledge wise as well. in regards to some of the knowledge DGS is sharing- i am not aware of any other master who is sharing this type of knowledge openly.
feel free to PM me
live like an immortal
powered by aufheben

#24 Mizu

Mizu

• The Tao Bums
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

Are all these methods truly needed? Can not enlightenment be found through breath alone?

I guess that just takes longer eh?

:closedeyes:

DVD looks interesting... what do you think he means as far as "brain evolution", I have seen/heard with these methods that the brain shape will enlarge over time. I myself have developed a ridge... I guess we just become smarter or have a more 'evolved' view of reality than most regular non-practicin' folk? :ph34r:

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by Mizu, 12 May 2011 - 08:25 AM.

#25 Simplicity Rules

Simplicity Rules

Tao Addict

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

I just got the 3-DVD set from Dragon Gate Sanctuary:

- Wudang Wu Family Kuan Yin Magnetic Qigong
- Hirai Family Healing Mudras
- Wudang Wu Family Vibrating Palm Form (Thunder & Lightning Spirit Boxing)

Super impressed!

I am looking at his eBay store and am a little confused. His listing includes:

Wuudang Medical Qigong: Fire and Water Point methods -> Is this included in the 3-DVD set listed above? Description seems similar to the Vibrating Palm and Thunder Boxing DVD.

Any idea on what is taught/covered in the Reiki-related DVDs? Any reviews/recommendation?

- Ancient Japanese energy healing Jin shin reiki qi gong
- The Heart of Reiki Legacy of Usui's last students

Any reviews/recommendations for two other DVDs that currently interest me:

- Wudang Tibetan Taoist 5 element healing methods
- Kunlun Flying Needles Medical Qigong
- Space Clearing & Personal Mandala Meditation Method

Want to make sure I am not buying something if its already covered in the 3-DVD set. Would appreciate any recommendations/reviews for any DVD set from Dragon Gate Sanctuary.

Edited by Simplicity Rules, 12 May 2011 - 10:57 AM.

#26 Trunk

Trunk

Tao Bum!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4305 posts
  • Interests:bagua qigong

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

I am looking at his eBay store and am a little confused. .. Description seems similar to ..

I've also noticed that DGS is not super clear on DVD names, sometimes the same thing is named a little differently. Either ZerosTao can clarify here or you'd have to ask DGS.

I haven't seen that many of his dvd's, but from my limited view here's my thoughts.

The power of Taoism comes from employing the macrocosm to harmonize the microcosm. Two primary mechanics for this:

1. emptiness & light through the central channel and deep-centers (where the central channel intersects each major chakra). Sifu Matsuo's "Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong" dvd is the most accessible, most effective, most balanced, best presented set of methods I've ever seen that go toward this. You don't have to be a Siddha to start in this method and it takes you gradually to the right places.

2. heaven~man~earth integration through the connective tissue. Various still & moving standing postures work on this, including the internal martial arts. The "kunlun dragon" standing posture that Sifu Matsuo presents in the beginning of his "Bagua Circle Walking: Single & Double Palm Changes" (aka "Heart of Bagua") dvd is the simplest, easiest, yet profound and effective way to open the sinews and joints to heaven ~ earth integration that I've ever seen. The two mudra variations that he shows induce gentle undulation to the upper and lower spine. Very simple, very effective. I'm not currently taking up bagua, and so am not currently taking up the rest of that dvd - but that 1st thing shown on the dvd!!! OMG!!! So, I'd recommend that dvd and that posture, even if you have no interest in bagua. Oh, btw, the dvd is not listed on his site (I don't know why); you have to ask for it.

For me, when I first saw the quality of what he was providing, I wanted all of his dvds (and maybe I still do, in the long run :lol: ). Now I'm finding that I have plenty to work on for a long long time w/ just several.

- Trunk

Music as Compassionate Middle Way: Guitars4Vets.org

Dragon Gate Sanctuary's bagua qigong

all good things come from grace,

grace comes from art,

and art comes from work.

- from the movie, A River Runs Through It

#27 Simplicity Rules

Simplicity Rules

Tao Addict

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:16 AM

I've also noticed that DGS is not super clear on DVD names, sometimes the same thing is named a little differently. Either ZerosTao can clarify here or you'd have to ask DGS.

Thank you.

ZerosTao, any feedback?

#28 Qlites

Qlites

Tao Addict

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:White Crane Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Chi Kung, Hsing-I, and Bagua. I also enjoy salsa dancing..:)

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

The headmaster of his school will be in Chandler, AZ for a workshop. Can anyone make it? The date is June 25&26 9am to 4pm. It will be awesome. Sifu Ray will be doing a lecture on "MANIFEST YOUR IDEAL LIFE". I meet and trained with both Sifu. Can't speak highly enough of them.

#29 goldisheavy

goldisheavy

the smartest idiot

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2954 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

Some of these techniques are very elaborate and involve many steps. In real fights the opponent doesn't wait for you to execute all that stuff. So even if you succeed initially with dragon rolls over, for example, it may not be enough, because by that time the opponent may be in a place you don't expect doing things you are not prepared for because you've mentally committed yourself to an elaborate response.

All the quicker and less elaborate stuff has to be drilled to the point of being subconscious to be effective. The more elaborate stuff is a waste of time, imo. Arm bars are not easy to execute with a non-cooperating opponent. That's why in MMA matches it's common to see a fight drag on for what seems like an eternity while the grappler is waiting for an opportunity for a bar or a choke.

Edited by goldisheavy, 16 June 2011 - 07:54 AM.

You will attain whatever you set your mind to attain. No maybe about it. It's only a question of when.

#30 zerostao

zerostao

traveling cloud

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5693 posts
    Spiritual Taoism

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

Some of these techniques are very elaborate and involve many steps. In real fights the opponent doesn't wait for you to execute all that stuff. So even if you succeed initially with dragon rolls over, for example, it may not be enough, because by that time the opponent may be in a place you don't expect doing things you are not prepared for because you've mentally committed yourself to an elaborate response.

All the quicker and less elaborate stuff has to be drilled to the point of being subconscious to be effective. The more elaborate stuff is a waste of time, imo. Arm bars are not easy to execute with a non-cooperating opponent. That's why in MMA matches it's common to see a fight drag on for what seems like an eternity while the grappler is waiting for an opportunity for a bar or a choke.

gih, what is the defense against a vibration palm strike? or from someone who can
pass a wave thru a tree?
if someone has their xingyiquan to the point to where they are not using one element with the strike but all 5. :ninja:
why would someone at this level go into a mma match?
live like an immortal