Trunk

Sifu Chris Matsuo

ZerosTao referred me to Chris Matsuo's (Lao Xie's) material, dig it.

Dragon Gate Sanctuary
Sifu Christopher Lee Matsuo
YouTube Channel

a couple o' gems

~ later edit ~
Dragon Gate Sanctuary's ebay page

Facebook photoset collection of DGS dvds (lots of 'em)
You may order any of the dvds in the fb collection directly from DGS via paypal to the e-mail address [email protected]. Single dvds are $108. Just include in the paypal message area which item you are ordering and make sure that your mailing address is correct.
(Thank you! to Sifu Matsuo.) Edited by Trunk
  • Like 7

cool thread,

a couple of years ago, when i came back from the dead(literally). i went looking for some baguazhang and luckily stumbled into Chris Matsuo. initially i asked for snake bagua and vibrating palm :o sifu Chris (lao xie) is very generous with sharing knowledge.

i have tai chi chuan and baguazhang brothers here locally,(playful bunch) some are 30+ year practioners. we all have learned something (gems and nuggets)from sifu Chris . my life is richer now than it was before i found baguazhang and lao xie.

• Like 4

There's a 3-in-1 special.

DgsDvd_3in1.jpg

Sifu Matsuo puts out stunningly effective material. I think that once a few bums catch onto his stuff, could become all the rave here. laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

(not to lessen any of the fine teachers in & around already smile.gif )

~ (much) later edit ~
Contact through the .com website is not working. Contact directly via e-mail.
You may order the 3-in-1 for $200 directly from Sifu Matsuo via paypal to the e-mail address [email protected]. Just include in the paypal message area which item you are ordering and make sure that your mailing address is correct. (Thank you! to Sifu Matsuo.)

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 2

:D Wow i love this guy :D

Ive seen a video of him doing vibrating palm but this really shows him as a skilled guy thats also really nice - i would love to meet him.

• Like 1

The standing posture that he is describing here is called "Kunlun Dragon Posture" and it's on the "Bagua Circle Walking" (aka "Heart of Bagua") dvd.

You might recognize the word "Kunlun" from a certain other school, and I would suspect there is at least some overlap of source here. The foot position shows up in Sifu Matsuo's school (not in just one method) and what we know as "red phx" is also in Sifu Matsuo's "Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong" dvd which is a series of brain methods (not just one).

My (brief) experience of Sifu Matsuo's presentation, practicing and results, is that these varieties of methods in this system (standing posture, limbs & mudras work, and so on) all work together and Sifu Matsuo is providing a broader context and number of methods than I've seen before.

- Trunk

• Like 2

You might recognize the word "Kunlun" from a certain other school, and I would suspect there is at least some overlap of source here. The foot position shows up in Sifu Matsuo's school (not in just one method) and what we know as "red phx" is also in Sifu Matsuo's "Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong" dvd which is a series of brain methods (not just one).

- Trunk

Not sure if you say you suspect that Max is his teacher or that they learnt from the same person, but yes, Max is indeed one of his teachers, as you can see here:

http://dragongatesanctuary.com/gallery/lineage/ (He is named as Lao Shr Wu Xiao Shr here).

Chris used to be listed on Primordial Alchemist (or maybe on the old Kunlun Bliss website) as a Kunlun teacher, but I couldn't find him last I looked for some reason...

I ordered some of Chris's DVDs and am very excited to get started with both his methods and Michael Denneys Celestial Nei Kung.

Anyone have done his vibrating palm here? I've gotten that DVD among others.

Chris' videos also always gets me in a good mood, as he's laughing like a small child at things that come up. Makes me feel like:

:D

Not sure if you say you suspect that Max is his teacher or that they learnt from the same person, but yes, Max is indeed one of his teachers, as you can see here:

http://dragongatesanctuary.com/gallery/lineage/ (He is named as Lao Shr Wu Xiao Shr here).

Thanks, hadn't recognized Max from that picture but your mention + noticed the jpg name is "genghismax..".

Some of my reflections of the "kunlun dragon" standing posture from another thread:

The other day, feeling the effects of recent practices... hands and feet and limb energetic development. Sifu Matsuo's whole system develops the limbs considerably, various practices, but the standing posture (Bagua Circle Walking dvd) seems foundational and is what I've been doing mostly. Really provides ventilation and processes a lot more easily than the micro, kicks in the macrocosmic orbit.

The microcosmic orbit seems fundamentally too closed in to me now - I can see that the micro alone .. no way it was ever going to process my heavier energies and inevitably would lead to trouble. For me, no way it was ever gonna process the heavy stuff. That route was a sure road to trouble from the beginning.

Experience adds up.

You learn things.

~ edit ~

Add the two mudra variations of the standing posture, and the spine and center-line development that that promotes. And that the whole thing is very joint-opening, has room for fluid variation of posture yet has structure built into it ... it's just insane quality.

And the emotional results! Like I was looking for that in a standing posture?, "*bah!*", but there it was!

The heaven~man~earth prayerfulness that's built into the posture. Given what the posture does, easy to connect to .. fosters that. Sifu Matsuo said, "it's a very old form of prayer" and that resonates. It's a preverbal form of prayer.

The kunlun dragon standing posture is taught on the dvd, "Bagua Circle Walking - Single and Double Palm Change" (aka "Heart of Bagua"). It's not on their website (I don't know why), but you can get it if you ask for it.

- Trunk

• Like 2

Thanks for posting Trunk. I bought one of Chris's DVD's several years ago (Silk Reeling) and it was excellent.

I just went to ebay and made on offer on the Harai Family Mudras DVD. If it works out that I get it, I will come back and provide a quick review.

• Like 1

Chris used to be listed on Primordial Alchemist (or maybe on the old Kunlun Bliss website) as a Kunlun teacher, but I couldn't find him last I looked for some reason...

I ordered some of Chris's DVDs and am very excited to get started with both his methods and Michael Denneys Celestial Nei Kung.

Anyone have done his vibrating palm here? I've gotten that DVD among others.

Chris' videos also always gets me in a good mood, as he's laughing like a small child at things that come up. Makes me feel like:

:D

vibrating palm here :) he has other dvds that support/compliment and develop the VP.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

This is mostly Wudang Bagua, I think. :unsure: (maybe only a little relevant to VP).

Interesting that we would have never gotten into those positions in the shing-yi school I was in. Outside the 'shape' of that shing-yi, which is very powerful for those that get it into their body. This is way more open than shing-yi would go.

.. but I need 'open'. I'm a compact little german body-type and my disharmonies tend toward dense stagnation issues (though I'm energetically sensitive). Just looking at Sifu Matsuo doing those exercises, I feel relief! :lol:

• Like 1

There's a 3-in-1 special.

For those interested in the basic kunlun and kunlun's "red phoenix" practice, both are in DGS's "Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong" dvd (also contained in the 'April special' 3in1 dvd) - but they are presented as part of a wider spectrum of practices that address many parts of the brain as well as ida, pingala, sushumna and a series of step-by-step hand practices.

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 4

is anyone elses dvd of the april special got really bad sound on it ,

ive only watched some of the kwan yin magnetic qi gong but the sound is really bad in places , totally blocking out what sifu chris is saying, these are expensive disks so its quite surprising to find the production values so low

is anyone elses dvd of the april special got really bad sound on it ,

ive only watched some of the kwan yin magnetic qi gong

There are several places in the Kwan Yin video where the mic gets static-ee.

trunk , how are you feeling the practises , my first impressions of the dvd is its abit hit n miss , very poorly produced , and quite expensive ,

im gonna do a edit of the kwan yin dvd and take all the talking out leaving just the moves to focus on ,

For that price of over $300 I would expect the DVDs to be gold plated, there is no excuse for poor quality if you are going to charge that much

• Like 1

For that price of over $300 I would expect the DVDs to be gold plated

The April dvd was 3 dvds in 1 for $200 (not "over $300") and it's solid gold, you just haven't noticed yet.

trunk , how are you feeling the practises , my first impressions of the dvd is its abit hit n miss , very poorly produced , and quite expensive ,

im gonna do a edit of the kwan yin dvd and take all the talking out leaving just the moves to focus on ,

probably not a good idea. i have not seen the kwan yin dvd yet but with ALL of the others i have seen (18) it is the talking that matsuo does that reveals many golden nuggets. for me at least , his expression of the ideas has given me the clearest understanding i have received from any teacher.

i have seen a few comments where someone has complained about his daughter running into a scene here and there. lighten up . a big part of any IMA is being able to relax.

i know with the bamboo palm dvd , if i had fast forwarded to the scenes with the moves

i would have cheated myself out of a treasure trove of knowledge. it is pretty much the same with all DGS dvds.

if this teacher and this knowledge does not resonate with you then maybe find another one that suits your personality better :)

the DGS teachings, the dvds, the emails, the phone calls, and chris matsuo and ray carbullido do come stateside each year for personal instruction.you can send them video of you for them to review and provide correction. in a very short time ( 2 years) i have made noticeable gains in skill and understanding - even life changing. lifestyle changing for sure.

• Like 2

Trunk and/or Zerostao, can you expand on the benfits you received from these practices?

my main focus is with baguazhang. i do feel healthwise and energywise i am benefiting.

knowledge wise as well. in regards to some of the knowledge DGS is sharing- i am not aware of any other master who is sharing this type of knowledge openly.

feel free to PM me

• Like 1

Are all these methods truly needed? Can not enlightenment be found through breath alone?

I guess that just takes longer eh?

:closedeyes:

DVD looks interesting... what do you think he means as far as "brain evolution", I have seen/heard with these methods that the brain shape will enlarge over time. I myself have developed a ridge... I guess we just become smarter or have a more 'evolved' view of reality than most regular non-practicin' folk? :ph34r:

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by Mizu

I just got the 3-DVD set from Dragon Gate Sanctuary:

- Wudang Wu Family Kuan Yin Magnetic Qigong

- Hirai Family Healing Mudras

- Wudang Wu Family Vibrating Palm Form (Thunder & Lightning Spirit Boxing)

Super impressed!

I am looking at his eBay store and am a little confused. His listing includes:

Wuudang Medical Qigong: Fire and Water Point methods -> Is this included in the 3-DVD set listed above? Description seems similar to the Vibrating Palm and Thunder Boxing DVD.

Any idea on what is taught/covered in the Reiki-related DVDs? Any reviews/recommendation?

- Ancient Japanese energy healing Jin shin reiki qi gong

- The Heart of Reiki Legacy of Usui's last students

Any reviews/recommendations for two other DVDs that currently interest me:

- Wudang Tibetan Taoist 5 element healing methods

- Kunlun Flying Needles Medical Qigong

- Space Clearing & Personal Mandala Meditation Method

Want to make sure I am not buying something if its already covered in the 3-DVD set. Would appreciate any recommendations/reviews for any DVD set from Dragon Gate Sanctuary.

Edited by Simplicity Rules