yes i am really liking the s m practice

but i find myself intrigued by kunlun

it seems to have a different energy to most systems ,

i guess curiosity has got the best of me :rolleyes:

just got the book in the uk ,

lots of good and deep info ,

just wish red phoenix was included !

just wondering , i know max states not to practice it with fire path methods

would stillness movement , being a non forced system still class as a fire path ?

i guessing as it rises it would , but would really like to delve into kunlun

whilst keeping my s m going

Thanks for the reply.

Thinking about buying a copy, going to take two months to arrive though!

Kunlun / yigong to my knowledge does not deal with qi in the ordinary sense.

At least it doesn't have any vibratory frequency you can measure.

I guess that's why people describe it as "magnetic".

I think thelerner has experience in both Kunlun and s-m.

a bit, but thelerner is also a lazy slacker. I admire both practices, but never did them together.

I'll probably go for the new book. Those who have it should give start giving us some reviews.

just got the book in the uk ,

lots of good and deep info ,

just wish red phoenix was included !

just wondering , i know max states not to practice it with fire path methods

would stillness movement , being a non forced system still class as a fire path ?

i guessing as it rises it would , but would really like to delve into kunlun

whilst keeping my s m going

How does it compare to his other 2 versions?

Kunlun: Special Edition

41dQaSyyNwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pillars of Bliss

0b9baf2b7a7fd51597941525641434d414f4141.jpg

Are there any differences or new material?

Thanks for the reply.

Thinking about buying a copy, going to take two months to arrive though!

I paid the 14,38 $ for priority shipping,the book was shipped on Thursday and got here yesterday(Luxembourg).

I paid the 14,38 $ for priority shipping,the book was shipped on Thursday and got here yesterday(Luxembourg).

I see!

What are your first impressions of the book?

Is it ok?

Well the book arrived today within two weeks and I only selected the basic shipping !

I wasn't expecting it for another month or so. Well pleased with the delivery time.

I haven't had a good look, just a quick flick through as yet.

Not that many pictures in it, but I'm not sure if many are needed actually. It looks chock full of good info though.

The postures are seen from front and side on views.

Once you've got them sorted it's down to yourself to do the work.

I've been practicing Kunlun now for a little over 2 months. I couldn't wait for the book so I drove 3 hours to meet an apprentice. I barely knew anything about the practice and literally had just heard about it, but felt deeply this is for ME. During the first few minutes I felt nothing and thought the practice was mumbo jumbo. Then my legs began to convulse. After a few minutes of that my body began winding. It has been a beautiful and powerful experience for me. The night of my first day practicing at home I had a beautiful dream with Max. Some nights after I was in pain. I woke up in the middle of the night still in sort of a trance. A voice told me to move my head in a very specific way. I did and the pain immediately went away. Instinctively I responded to the voice, "thank you Kan." A few weeks ago I called Max for help using "Kunlun AT&T" when someone brought something into my home with negative attachments. I had children visiting for the week, so I was more concerned for them than I was for myself. After calling him, I felt at peace. I woke up in the middle of the night with a being in my room. It was a feminine energy. She told me she was protecting the children. Additionally, my visions and dreams all around have become far more vivid and meaningful.

I say this to say that MY experiences were all beautiful. After reading many of the fear-based comments herein, that could change if I've allowed my mind to weaken to others' perceptions of things. I will not allow that to happen though.

I have the opportunity to practice regularly in a group with other Kunluners, as well as access to an apprentice. Solo practice is great, but I gain much more in a group. I am looking forward to the seminar in September. I can only imagine the energy level.

Regarding the book, my brother managed to get a hold of an old book (red cover) on Amazon. I purchased the new book almost the moment it became available. There seems to be information that is in the old book, that has not made it into the new book. And much valuable information in the new book that is not in the old. Even if one already knows Kunlun it is an excellent read. I think it far better written than the older book. As I was reading it I couldn't help but to think, "wow, this guy is REALLY smart!" I say buy it if even just for the jewels than practical knowledge of Kunlun. And yes, the holding the ball pose is a bit different in the book than I learned from my apprentice and in the older Kunlun book.

I can agree that this path may not be for everyone. I would recommend anyone who is in a state of fear to first address those fears before delving into any practice that will take you to the next level... especially with something that will catapult you to the next level like Kunlun.

Greetings Bums,

I have been enjoying the new Kunlun book and have been practicing the basic kunlun posture for an hour per day as indicated. I was wondering based on the experiences of those who have attended seminars, worked with Max via Skype, etc how one would sequence the other practices in the book? Would it be too much to do some of every practice 5 days a week? Based on the recommendations of the book, the basic posture is the most important and one must experiment with adding the others as is comfortable. Seems to me Balancing the 5 elements is just as critical as the basic posture IMHO. What do y'all Kunluners think?

In my experience most negative encounters in this area involving fear and being attacked by things come from your own perceptions and subconscious fears, for example I once took Ayahuasca and encountered some sort of spirit and completely freaked out and became really fearful thinking it was attacking me, while others have had the same experience with similar spirits and had one of the most illuminating nurturing experiences of their lives, so your own perception and mind seems to be the key factor.

Whether in the case of Kunlun it involves interacting with foreign entities or it just manifests what is already in the mind I don't know but the problem if there is one I would expect is due to your own perceptions and reaction which is largely due to your unresolved subconscious complexes. Max is a Shaman isn't he? I would expect to have some sort of Shamanic type experiences if you follow his path.

Although... I did recently get a Shamanic type healing and the healer (who I rate highly) said that I had implants in me from malicious beings, which he removed for me, so what do I know.

This is exactly what is going on. I know someone who went to Peru (deep in the Amazon) and had an Ayahuasca experience under the guidance of an authentic Shaman. He told me about the different things he experienced such as seeing, reptiles, dragons, etc during his trip. The Shaman confirmed to him that these were projections of his subconscious fears. Fear of contracting a deadly disease such as cancer is common amongst a lot of people (especially in America). This fear will project lower vibration entities such as snakes into your mind while you're 'tripping.'

The only thing that creeps me out about Max is the fact that multiple people have gone on record stating that after their first Kunlun experience, they dreamt of Max kissing them. While his method could be completely sound, he still might be a creepy guy who's just in it for the poon. :P

Edited by Celestial

Hi guys pretty new to TB forum.Been interested in Kunlun for some time now.Just managed to get a copy of the past edition(gift).I tried the Kunlun level 1 posture a while back and got some sensations and "bouncing" back then.But the past few days i tried again no bouncing aithough i do feel the subtle energy and see intense white light with eyes closed(being seeing this light for a whie now,before)I have read somewhere that the vibration and bouncing only happens at the beginning when the energy channels are starting to open up.This version of the book has Kunlun lvl 1-3,but i have read that in the latest version of the new book level 2 and 3 is not nececary as level 1 is more than enough.Is this correct?Also been trying The Secret of the Golden Flower of Maoshan practice as it is described in the book.Anyone else practicing this,and if so gotten any results and briefly describe them if possible.Also tried Maoshan Traveling Hands while seated cross legged,and almost acheived astral projection i believe at one time,as i was getting vibrations and went from awake-sleep state,but as i was about to go to one state to the other i sort of woke up,fearful of letting go i believe,as i have had an astrall projection before but when i became consciouss of it i woke up.This is a quote from someone else here "Gold flower will accomplish red phoenix. When you practice these things, you're giving yourself transmission".Is this true as i am really interested in Red Phoenix practice.

BTW sorry if i post this in the wrong area.

Edited by panagiotis
  • Like 1

Well the book arrived today within two weeks and I only selected the basic shipping !

I wasn't expecting it for another month or so. Well pleased with the delivery time.

I haven't had a good look, just a quick flick through as yet.

Not that many pictures in it, but I'm not sure if many are needed actually. It looks chock full of good info though.

The postures are seen from front and side on views.

Once you've got them sorted it's down to yourself to do the work.

The problem is I didn't do the work !

I put the book aside, in fact in a pile with dozens of other books and forgot about it.

The other day I was going through my stuff and the book seemed to coax me into picking it up to read again.

So I thought 'sod it, I'm going to give this a quick go'.

I got into the posture and just let go.

I wasn't there long, about 10-15 minutes I guess when I got this strange vibrating, bouncing, feeling within my mouth and throat area. It was literally teeming with energy. My tongue, which was resting on the upper palate began to feel as if it was pulsing. I had no bouncing of the legs but inside I felt as if I was shaking. This was happening all over my body now. It was indeed a blissful feeling. Very, very pleasant.

I told myself I was going to end the practice and slowly brought my feet flat down and let the energy settle for a few minutes.

I had read a suggestion somewhere to take the practice easy and there was no need to do a full hour as described in the book.

Half an hour after I finished the practice and the energy surges and tingling were showing no signs of abating. I can see why food and drink is a no-no for a good while after practicing.

All in all I think this is a very powerful system, even though I've only give it the briefest of go's.