• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#17 三江源

三江源

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5971 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:41 PM

From what I heard from close students was that he died sitting up in meditative posture, eyes open, and that he knew for years that he would go out early. I don't think they are posting that kind of info on any sites related to him.

well, good..

thanks for telling me that.

I hoped that would be the way it would be.

I wonder what he's doing now?!

Edited by cat, 23 April 2006 - 03:42 PM.

#18 sean

sean

Tao-ish

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2754 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:08 PM

Someone touched in this in another thread. Glenn Morris, author, esoteric martial artist and teacher is gone at age 62.

My respect.

#19 Tenguzake

Tenguzake

Tao Wizard

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:23 AM

I met Glenn in '87. He was a good friend and a mentor for many years. I don't agree with his interpretation of all things, but I learned a lot from him. He is missed.

Be Genki,

Tenguzake

#20 MatthewQi

MatthewQi

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:34 PM

From what I heard from close students was that he died sitting up in meditative posture, eyes open, and that he knew for years that he would go out early. I don't think they are posting that kind of info on any sites related to him.

Hi everyone,

What I read on another post board that Glenn frequented as explained by a person who he had expressed that he could leave at anytime was that medically speaking he died of a heart attack.

From what I understand, he had a nice meal that night then went to sleep and never woke up.

In respect,

Matt
"The Tao will come to you if you Simplify Involvements, Remove Desires, and Quiet the Mind" -Chang San-Feng

#21 tumoessence

tumoessence

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:tai chi alchemy bardon

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:30 AM

Hi everyone,

What I read on another post board that Glenn frequented as explained by a person who he had expressed that he could leave at anytime was that medically speaking he died of a heart attack.

From what I understand, he had a nice meal that night then went to sleep and never woke up.

In respect,
Matt

Matt,
I thought you might chime in on this topic. I remember that you had studied with Glenn recently. I thought you might comment on his practices especially in the light of the above discussion. I had the impression that Glenn had gotten deeply into emptiness practices and samadhi lately and was wondering if you could comment on it.
Bill

#22 GrandTrinity

GrandTrinity

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1130 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 10:09 PM

Yeah Matt showed me this guy too, Matt there is a dope concert at CLifton Springs 4/30 Sound Tribe Sector 9 if youd like to join, ill be there. I found Glenns first book, havent gotten through it, to be "out there" in comparison to studying Chias stuff, but I wish I had time for it and was planning to go deeper, left it on the back burner. Ninjas are great. As are some of the things on his Kundalini SUpport Network website. Nonetheless I like how he ties together the Kundalini as someything that popped up in all cultures around the world (or the few he decyferred)...caduceus. Glenn had a part of the puzzle, for sure.
the truth that can be told is not the eternal truth

#23 MatthewQi

MatthewQi

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:23 PM

Matt,
I thought you might chime in on this topic. I remember that you had studied with Glenn recently. I thought you might comment on his practices especially in the light of the above discussion. I had the impression that Glenn had gotten deeply into emptiness practices and samadhi lately and was wondering if you could comment on it.
Bill

Hi Bill!

I actually didn't study with Glenn but did a lot of meditation and energy stuff with people that did Kundalini work with with him. So I don't know anything more.

Regards,

Matt

Yeah Matt showed me this guy too, Matt there is a dope concert at CLifton Springs 4/30 Sound Tribe Sector 9 if youd like to join, ill be there. I found Glenns first book, havent gotten through it, to be "out there" in comparison to studying Chias stuff, but I wish I had time for it and was planning to go deeper, left it on the back burner. Ninjas are great. As are some of the things on his Kundalini SUpport Network website. Nonetheless I like how he ties together the Kundalini as someything that popped up in all cultures around the world (or the few he decyferred)...caduceus. Glenn had a part of the puzzle, for sure.

Thanks for the offer GrandTrinity! I am going to be in VT most of Sunday. I like how he linked it all as well.

Where are you living now? In the area?

Matt
"The Tao will come to you if you Simplify Involvements, Remove Desires, and Quiet the Mind" -Chang San-Feng

#24 GrandTrinity

GrandTrinity

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1130 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:36 AM

Yeah I wish I has time to get through both Glenn's books but now I feel less bad about it since hes dead. I guess that is good.

Im not sure now if Ill make it to that show Sunday but I'll call you and see whats up if Im in the area. I am leaving Geneseo to be stationed out of CT for the summer.

#25 Fireblood

Fireblood

Tao Wizard

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:48 PM

Morris came across as a nice guy. I used to keep in regular contact with him about four years ago. We sharply disagreed on a few points but he was very tolerant. His openess in teaching was well know. Never got to meet him in person though.
"Sitting in meditation trying to become immortal will not cultivate the dan tian"
- from Dai Long Bang's Written Transmissions of xin yi Liu He Quan

#26 GrandTrinity

GrandTrinity

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1130 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:47 PM

What do you think he died from? Was he too firey or something?

#27 gendao

gendao

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3693 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:20 AM

Yes, this I'd really like to know. What actually caused his death? And did it have anything to do with his qigong/kundalini practices? Or just regular diet/lifestyle? Or was it just his fated time to go - and something that he was long aware of?

When the same methods I used were employed by my students, they had very similar results of "Kundalini Awakening" in anywhere from 2 months to 18 months time. I watched as one after another went through the process. No one had any of the problems often written about in the 'myths' of Kundalini. We were continually amazed at the 'Universality' of the process. Later we learned that Qigong provided certain safeguards that were keeping the process safe and efficient. It was a very experimental program in the beginning. As time progressed, I refined the system further to eliminate any unnecessary practices and honed in on what was actually producing the manifestation of Kundalini. It basically came down to opening the Base Chakra (Genitals) and then working up to the higher energy centers from there. Combine the chakra work with running energy along the spine & limbs, positive mind states, employing specific breathing methods, and practicing Testicular/ Ovarian Gong Fu and you have a complete composite of what I did and what I feel is the core essence of my practice. I honestly believe these to be the most potent Qigong practices in the world.

Later I wrote 3 widely available books on the subject matter and many foreign students were emailing me from around the world reporting similar experiences from doing the practices. I decided to refine my life's work into a system we later called the "Kundalini Awakening Process" . I created a highly organized program with a comprehensive workbook and home practice CD. The workshop is taught in a weekend seminar format. The process is learned in 2 days and practiced at home along with the CD we provide you with.

Also, is anyone familiar with his kundalini awakening process? Or know where we can get this CD? He claims it's a safe, streamlined method that takes a lot of the guesswork out and can awaken your kundalini in approximately 45 days to 1.5 years?

Edited by vortex, 03 May 2007 - 08:21 AM.

Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. - Carl Jung
The ability to see in realtime that experience is not self is called enlightenment. - Kenneth Folk
Knowledge can be taught, but skill must be practiced.
Donít move the body Ė you train your Qi. Donít move your mind Ė you train your Spirit. - Fong Ha
I used to sit in full-lotus even on the can but there's not a lot of space in my bathroom. - drewhempel

#28 JoseFreitas

JoseFreitas

• The Tao Bums
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:21 AM

Yes, this I'd really like to know. What actually caused his death? And did it have anything to do with his qigong/kundalini practices? Or just regular diet/lifestyle? Or was it just his fated time to go - and something that he was long aware of?
Also, is anyone familiar with his kundalini awakening process? Or know where we can get this CD? He claims it's a safe, streamlined method that takes a lot of the guesswork out and can awaken your kundalini in approximately 45 days to 1.5 years?

Hi

I was a personal friend of Glenn, and ocasionally trained with him, and frequently discussed things with him. Glenn died of some heart problem. He suffered from high blood pressure and some other problems of the sort. He REALLY abused his luck. Didn't have much care about his diet and didn't take his medicines. I don't think his problems had anything to do with qigong/kundalini practices, just with bad diet and unhealthy food. Maybe there was some genetic predisposition too.

To get the CDs and so on, contact one of the groups that carry on his training. There are two or three out there. Google Hoshinroshiryu and you'll find them. His system was a unique mixture of Qigong techniques, some Mantak inspired stuff, lots of self experimentation and meditation techniques from wherever he could get them. He studied extensively on the mental effects of practices, and his system has a lot of safeguards built into it. It's a pretty good system...

Having said this:

There isn't much new in it, except for perhaps a few "tricks" (some pretty good, I have to say), and these in my opinion offset some of the safety guards in the system. Practicioners familiar with any good qigong/neigong system from a traditional chinese martial art will recognize most of the stuff. My main problem with it was that there was an underemphasizing of basic, movement based training methods - some sort of good qigong set with a few exercises that would move and stretch and rotate the main joints, muscle groups and meridians. The system, as written, will have people jumping off to sitting and standing practices too fast. It will create results very fast, but (and this is absolutely MY OPINION) in the long run has inherent limitations which reuire further learning.

It is my experience that it is the basic everyday repeating of a solid, simple, straightforward qigong system which will promote good health (perhaps not enlightenment, but good health and energy levels) and perhaps if Doc had continued his practices of this kind he might have lasted a lot longer.

Best

#29 lino

lino

Super Maha Butthead

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:20 AM

I bought his last book online, "Quantum Crawfish Bisque for the Clueless Soul". He lived in Louisiana and got to witness all of the wreckage. I think that the poor guy died of a broken heart :(

#30 Sunya

Sunya

Dharma Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:50 PM

who cares how he died, how he lived is much more important. i consider him to be my first teacher, sadly i never met him, but his books Path notes and Shadow strategies both really inspired me. they are so riddled with knowledge and practical wisdom that i find myself reading the same page over and over and over again. everytime i read i find something new.

does anyone know specifically about what his kundalini awakening system consists of? in the books he stresses microcosmic orbit and the inner smile, and also talks about working on each chakra. this coupled with energy raising and body movement system. but he had lots of time to refine his system after the books so i'm curious what changed, and specifically what he taught.

The universe is this arising thought.
The universe is this arising sound.
Just this magnificent arising!
Is Tao.
Homage to all arising.

#31 Vajrasattva

Vajrasattva

Tao Bum!

• The Tao Bums
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

Not at all infact Glenn was actually very "YIN" and ran cool energy.

He was Firey dduring the Path notes days. But after that he switched gears a bit and became more Yin. He had a very supple body and could breath Very deep & Slow like a turtle and seamless. I spent many years with him. I know what he was capable of. His Kundalini is Real. I received Shaktipat from many times and went through a full Kundalini awakening in 2001 with him in the room. The Nirbija Samadhi lasted for a few days.

Anyhow he was a close friend, teacher, and also student. I trained with him in his house in Lake Charles and also he came many times to my house to teach me and my close students. I can tell you he opened peoples Kundalini very easily and yes his system became more smooth as time went on. He was very open and generous.

And there are more FACTS to his actual death but I will not disclose this in public out of respect to him. It was not cause of his health cause he was actually in great shape those days and was training/ fasting a lot. It is something much more personal and sad and has little to do with "FIRE", Chi, Heart conditions etc....

In any case he is very much still a live in many ways and there are folks that carry on with great success.

Peace

Vajra

I bought his last book online, "Quantum Crawfish Bisque for the Clueless Soul". He lived in Louisiana and got to witness all of the wreckage. I think that the poor guy died of a broken heart :(

Correct lino...Peoples Neglect...
His dojo was crushed to the ground. His house damaged. Also many other issues. He was working day and night helping people give chi massages to the fire dept/and Police dept & redcross workers with out asking for a DIME.

But there is more to it....

who cares how he died, how he lived is much more important. i consider him to be my first teacher, sadly i never met him, but his books Path notes and Shadow strategies both really inspired me. they are so riddled with knowledge and practical wisdom that i find myself reading the same page over and over and over again. everytime i read i find something new.

does anyone know specifically about what his kundalini awakening system consists of? in the books he stresses microcosmic orbit and the inner smile, and also talks about working on each chakra. this coupled with energy raising and body movement system. but he had lots of time to refine his system after the books so i'm curious what changed, and specifically what he taught.

http://www.myspace.c...wakeningprocess

this will help...
Om Benza Sato Hung Phey

#32 jonnybrand

jonnybrand

• The Tao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:11 AM

Glenn was one of the good guys for sure and the man who set me on the path some years back. Like many others I miss him and his work and ways had a great impact on my life.

What I liked most about him was his no BS style, he once called his methodology the McDonald's of enlightenment. Wish he had said Burger King, as their burgers are better but there we go. The chapter in Path Notes about him masturbating is pretty refreshing in this line of literature! His other works Shadow Strategies and Martial Arts Madness are worth a read also.

He created his own system, Hoshin Jutsu, which is full of interesting stuff. Always a student, he cherry picked the best part of many other traditions, took out the crap and presented a martial art/esoteric system that he worked to perfect. Hoshin offered a well rounded approach including effective martial arts - largely based on taijutsu - energy work, an academic corriculum covering all manner of texts from strategy, philosophy, energy work, shamanism, leadership etc. In addition, a core element of his teaching was Kundalini. He presented an empirically tested system of arousal and personally lead 100's of individuals through the process - I aint one of them. He emphasised the pitfulls of a potentially dangerous process so one could mitigate them as much as possible. He really just wanted us all to be better human beings and have a laugh while doing it - and for it not to take 30 years to get somewhere.

The Hoshin (www.hoshin.com) are a fun bunch of people, who have high level of expertise from a number of different systems. Over in North America there are a number of quality individuals running workshops, training camps including Mark Lawrence in Canada, Bill Trumper and Ian Cox. Over in the UK Susan Williams runs the Hoshins Meditation Mastery and Esoteric Energy Courses. These cover the Kundalini Arousal process and then move on to other interesting areas.

Glenn worked with lots and lots of different people from all walks of life and his work is not confined just to Hoshin. He talked highly of the Uma Tantra guys - and they new him way better than I did. I know they are honouring him and his work and building upon it. He never wanted stuff to be static, evolution in all things!

Anyway thats my 2 pennis worth. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users