mjjbecker

Stillness Movement Neigong and Michael Lomax's 'Light Warrior's Guide' Book

I worry about you sometimes. 'All those negative waves' (name the movie, people).

Kelly's Heroes - spoken by Donald Sutherland.

Sorry couldn't resist responding :-)

Craig

I know Becker is a good man and I should probably follow his advice and no longer post here on tbumbs. .....

I for one am glad you and MJJ still post here.

Hundun too

Craig

i hope you can accept my apology.

I know how to say "no thanks necessary" in Mandarin but not "no apology necessary". So, I will just say it like this:

It's all cool.

Could someone PM me explaining how to do this Stillness-Movement meditation? I'm really wanting to try it - especially since it fires up the Dantien which is what I'm trying to do.

Could someone PM me explaining how to do this Stillness-Movement meditation? I'm really wanting to try it - especially since it fires up the Dantien which is what I'm trying to do.

It is listed in the book.

Michael! I read your book too, I have it by my bed. It's grrrrrrrreat!

Actually it gives a big load of energy out of it, streaming out loud and clear, particularly from your teacher...phewww! Powerful stuff, really nice, thankyou and again

thankyou.

xxx

cat

Yay!!!

:D Yes, it must be nice to have a long holiday, eh? :P

Scotty , what is the mudra you have as your avatar right now?

Isn't a transmission necessary to use this method?

It depends on many factors, the single most important one is "who you are". I did expand on what I mean by this in another recent thread. I have had many people say that they practice from the book and have gotten great personal results. The book itself, as reported by many, does provide a certain "transmission".

But anyone that practices will find that the level of the practice is enhanced by a significantly large factor with the personal qi projection. And the continued study of the system, especially for those that wish to heal others, does indeed require the qi projection. What many fail to realize is that ALL that I teach in inherently tied into the Stillness-Movement practice.

And, this is a "moving meditation" type practice- not a "meditation". It is Stillness-Movement - Not stillness. Better calm can be achieved than stillness by itself and creative aspects are significantly enhanced that stillness by itself does not. Also the vibration aspect associated with the practice is different.

It depends on many factors, the single most important one is "who you are". I did expand on what I mean by this in another recent thread. I have had many people say that they practice from the book and have gotten great personal results. The book itself, as reported by many, does provide a certain "transmission".

But anyone that practices will find that the level of the practice is enhanced by a significantly large factor with the personal qi projection. And the continued study of the system, especially for those that wish to heal others, does indeed require the qi projection. What many fail to realize is that ALL that I teach in inherently tied into the Stillness-Movement practice.

And, this is a "moving meditation" type practice- not a "meditation". It is Stillness-Movement - Not stillness. Better calm can be achieved than stillness by itself and creative aspects are significantly enhanced that stillness by itself does not. Also the vibration aspect associated with the practice is different.

Hello Ya Mu,

In your experience, is transmission still possible with someone that had a previous transmission that is deemed "incompatible" with the Stillness-Movement school? Would a "transmission overhaul" be necessary if this person wanted to keep training with your school?

I've heard about potential energy incompatibilities between martial and healing schools, but have you seen problems like this between exclusively healing energies from different schools?

Thanks for your time and all the best,

Rene'

Michael! I read your book too, I have it by my bed. It's grrrrrrrreat!

Actually it gives a big load of energy out of it, streaming out loud and clear, particularly from your teacher...phewww! Powerful stuff, really nice, thankyou and again

thankyou.

xxx

cat

Thanks

Master Wang represented the peak of humanity combining extreme power, compassion with the intense desire to help others, deep wisdom, and universal awareness.

Hello Ya Mu,

In your experience, is transmission still possible with someone that had a previous transmission that is deemed "incompatible" with the Stillness-Movement school? Would a "transmission overhaul" be necessary if this person wanted to keep training with your school?

I've heard about potential energy incompatibilities between martial and healing schools, but have you seen problems like this between exclusively healing energies from different schools?

Thanks for your time and all the best,

Rene'

I haven't had any problem with anyone from ANY school. That is IF they will do the practice. The only problem I have seen is when the student arrives with preconceived notions that have no place in Stillness-Movement. If they are not willing to let this go and actually do the Stillness-Movement the only thing I can do is shake my head and wonder why the heck they came to my workshop. Actually most of my students come from other systems of practice. Look at the background on the post several posts above where I mention "Chris" because his name was brought up. These are the type of people I usually get. Also quite a few from high levels of martial art. Although entirely compatible for the beginner and will save the beginner a lot of time compared to some systems, mostly this has become a graduate school for energetics.

• Like 1

Right then. I've communicated with Michael and asked him about the possibility of having a Stillness Movement workshop in the UK. He is available and willing, if we can get enough people interested to make it worthwhile.

I will be back in the UK between 15th January and 15th February 2011, so we are looking at a weekend in that timeframe. I'm hopeful I can get some assistance on the UK side to organise things, and I am prepared to dip into my pocket to deal with initial expenses (I'm certainly not rich, so this is not something I'd do lightly).

However.

To make this happen, there does need to be some genuine enthusiasm from people based in the UK. For practical purposes I think we'd be looking to do this in the London area. This is the main transport hub for the UK and would be where Michael would fly into. His journey is going to be long enough as it is without him having to add extra connecting flights. Also, it provides rail and flight access for people in the UK and Europe.

So. What I would like is this.

Anyone seriously interested in attending such a workshop, please email me at:

[email protected]

Don't tie up this thread with replies to this please.

We'd like to get an idea of the interest and proceed from there.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by mjjbecker
  • Like 1

Hello Ya Mu, I was wondering if you did long distance transmissions? Thank you...BLESSINGS!!!

Hello Ya Mu, I was wondering if you did long distance transmissions? Thank you...BLESSINGS!!!

I do not offer distance classes at this point in time. I do offer distance healing sessions.

ref: www.qigongamerica.com

Right then. I've communicated with Michael and asked him about the possibility of having a Stillness Movement workshop in the UK. He is available and willing, if we can get enough people interested to make it worthwhile.

I will be back in the UK between 15th January and 15th February 2011, so we are looking at a weekend in that timeframe. I'm hopeful I can get some assistance on the UK side to organise things, and I am prepared to dip into my pocket to deal with initial expenses (I'm certainly not rich, so this is not something I'd do lightly).

However.

To make this happen, there does need to be some genuine enthusiasm from people based in the UK. For practical purposes I think we'd be looking to do this in the London area. This is the main transport hub for the UK and would be where Michael would fly into. His journey is going to be long enough as it is without him having to add extra connecting flights. Also, it provides rail and flight access for people in the UK and Europe.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks to everyone who has emailed me. A good level of interest so far :) . Don't be shy if you are interested-do let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Michael, I just happened to click on your website "www.qigongamerica.com". Looks GREAT!!

I was almost afraid to go to the other one :D

Hey Michael, I just happened to click on your website "www.qigongamerica.com". Looks GREAT!!

I was almost afraid to go to the other one :D

I was almost afraid to go to it as well :lol: :lol:

For the saga of the website, see this blogpost about "Putting it off.."

Nothing that 40 hrs of work couldn't fix.

I was almost afraid to go to it as well :lol: :lol:

For the saga of the website, see this blogpost about "Putting it off.."

Nothing that 40 hrs of work couldn't fix.

Woaa, major upgrade man! Much more navigable than that last version! Which seemed more like one of those giant, over-cluttered run-on sentence pages... :lol: Your e-feng shui is mucho better now!

I may be working on a website soon too. So, Joomla, eh?

However.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Mike

Just a note to say that if this manifests we will be accepting beginners to advanced, so this workshop is for whatever level you are.

We are also trying to gauge interest in the optional 3rd day Clinical Applications which is more for healers, but can always be considered for the "family healer".

Woaa, major upgrade man! Much more navigable than that last version! Which seemed more like one of those giant, over-cluttered run-on sentence pages... :lol: Your e-feng shui is mucho better now!

I may be working on a website soon too. So, Joomla, eh?

I tried to be enthusiastic about Joomla and indeed did have a website up developed in Joomla. But I had to redo it from scratch after updating because it would all of a sudden start doing strange things. The editors inside the package are not ready for prime time. I think there are more advanced ones that you can purchase. My conclusion was that ... I may try it again in the future because it does offer some plus points.

For this one I used webplusX4 by Serif. Totally much easier than messing around with database config of Joomla and reasonably priced.

Please note the new contact email address:

[email protected]

Some people in the UK have generously offered to help out, so it is looking hopeful the seminar will happen. Any future enquiries should be sent to the above email address now. Please bear with us as it is early days. Anyone who emails us at the above address expressing an interest will be kept updated with progress. Once things are fairly certain, we'll put a seminar announcement up in the seminar announcement thread.

I had PMed Ya Mu with my personal comments about the book and the Still.Mov. practice but after that I thought it could be nice to share it with you in this thread.

So this is what I sent to him:

Dear Michael,

I have been lurking the Tao Bums website for quite a while, basically signing in to follow the posts of some members whose opinion I respect a lot. Soon after finding the website I was certainly attracted to your comments and writings, as I very much like the wisdom, clarity and great knowledge and experience that you seem to have about the Qi. Qi gong is the passion of my life and my current understanding and transmission is quite in line with your own teachings. I have read your book and have very good connection with it, as I feel it radiates transmission all over the place. This is what I can mostly say about it. Besides the technical or spiritual information written, it pours an unspoken inspiration and empowerment beyond the words or the techniques. I have been practicing the Stillness-movement method described in the book and I have had very good qi gong sessions and I feel that somehow I have received some kind of initiation from the book. I feel in general a very good connection with your transmission and definitely I am looking forward to meet you and attend one of your workshops. If I lived closer I would have certainly been there already. The most I can do is recommend your workshops to a friend of mine that lives in the states and has been interested in the Qi gong for a long time, but has not find any teacher yet.

I am myself a student of a Qi gong master, who has developed his particular approach to the Qi gong practice. I am very tuned with his transmission and it is my main practice, as I am not particularly interested anymore in trying many things here and there. His main Qi gong transmission is based on the concept of switching into the Qi and tuning in, which is basically the deep internal knowledge about the prenatal Qi, shen, light or higher levels, as you call it. This is connection is made basically with the intention and some symbolical gesture, whether physical or mental, that acts as some sort of code to access the higher levels. This practice is very individual and intimate that comes from the heart, and requires a lot of personal surrender to the Qi. Eventually it flows into a complete spontaneous freeform, which would be the perfect practice. To tune to those levels of the Qi, the Qi transmission of the teacher is quite important. To light the fire, as you both say.

The reason I am trying to describe my teacher’s approach to the Qi practice is no other to mention that I feel, as far as I can understand, that your teaching and transmission is quite similar or vibrates in the same frequency that what I have experienced and been taught about the real Qi gong practice. So when I have practiced Stillness Movement the subtle feeling about where the Qi is coming from is quite familiar to me. I feel as the initial movements and breathings is another code to switch into the higher levels, calling the light, and the attitude of not sticking to any particular result and allowing your body to move following the Qi is precisely the attitude of complete surrender to it, with no expectation and a complete openness of the internal estructure.

It is a lovely experience, really, to have felt this connection with you. My system is quite an open transmission and allows a great deal of personal discovery but I usually feel completely unatracted to other Qi gong systems or teachers. But in this case I really feel I can learn a lot from you while feeling completely comfortable with the vibes. I do not know, maybe when the time comes there is no more juice in it for me but nowadays I feel what I have mentioned and wanted to share it with you.

I am so looking forward to the workshop in London and I really hope that it becomes a reality. Sending my good vibes for that.

As this is my first post I would like to add that this forum has been a great source of info, wisdom and insight, so thank you to everybody.

Good Qi!

My thanks to both you and mjjbecker for taking the time to post review and comments about this amazing practice. Thanks to all the others who have taken the time to comment as well.

When we find something that is profound, real, and intensely helpful it gives us a good feeling to share with others. It was Master Wang's wish that this system be taught all over the world saying "It is NOW time" for this to happen. He felt an intense compassion for humanity and this shines through in the practice itself. All aspects of the system are demonstrative of this intense compassion; self-healing, true self and universal awareness, healing others, and the world transformation aspects of the system all contribute to this.

Edit: The London workshop is looking better all the time; we have received inquires from all over Europe. But as in all things it will require time & effort in order to happen. Here is the email address mjjbecker posted again for anyone that may have an interest in this potential workshop: [email protected]

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1