That Guy

A third eye technique, anyone tried this?

I get what you guys are saying about the instructions not being completely clear. But since at first the exercise takes up little time (at first anyway) and is very simple I'm willing to try it.

And I would guess you spend the same amount of time with your eyes closed as you did staring at the paper. There is quite an after image and is like a screen as steam suggests. This idea reminds me very much of the bronnikov method descriptions of bio computer. Maybe what humans need is a clear canvas to paint their thoughts or psychic transmissions (if they exist) onto, so they can make clear sense out of them?

But it would be nice if anyone here who knows more about this training can provide a more clear picture. :).

I get what you guys are saying about the instructions not being completely clear. But since at first the exercise takes up little time (at first anyway) and is very simple I'm willing to try it.

And I would guess you spend the same amount of time with your eyes closed as you did staring at the paper. There is quite an after image and is like a screen as steam suggests. This idea reminds me very much of the bronnikov method descriptions of bio computer. Maybe what humans need is a clear canvas to paint their thoughts or psychic transmissions (if they exist) onto, so they can make clear sense out of them?

But it would be nice if anyone here who knows more about this training can provide a more clear picture. :).

I agree it looks simple, but one of the first steps after setting the whole thing up is, "force open your third eye". So unless you can do that, and know you can do that, then the rest of the exercise, as simple as it is, will be pointless.

You need to at least have a way to force open your third eye before you even start the practice.

... So I believe the third eye opening requires very big amounts of psychic energy stored "shen" and requires a very strenuous training....

Agreed.

It is not something to be done lightly and especially to be experimented with from a posting on the internet. Sometimes...sigh

My instructor explained to me when you meditate on the dan tian at the same time you will activate anahata chakra and ajna at the same time.

When I meditate on the dan tian I feel pressure in both those chakra's.

sabretooth.

This is the safer way.

I have a few dumb questions:

- Why would one want to open one's third eye?

- Why would one want to do it BEFORE having any capacity to deal with or act on what one ends up seeing with it?

Ok, only 2 dumb questions;-)

- Why would one want to do it BEFORE having any capacity to deal with or act on what one ends up seeing with it?

Ok, only 2 dumb questions;-)

Not dumb questions at all.

You raise a very good point that it seems many are not even thinking of. This is not something to play around with - only when one is ready, and your questions are what everyone should ask themselves.

Not dumb questions at all.

You raise a very good point that it seems many are not even thinking of. This is not something to play around with - only when one is ready, and your questions are what everyone should ask themselves.

Well i ask "Why not?"

Whats the worse that can happen? spontaneous combustion? Insanity?

Well i ask "Why not?"

Whats the worse that can happen? spontaneous combustion? Insanity?

Burning a hole in your energy field so that every time you try to concentrate you lose consciousness?

Mental instability?

Chronic fatigue?

Headaches?

More but aren't these enough?

Psychic powers.

Impatience, ignorance of the consequences, overestimating one's own abilities, and overall immaturity.

Burning a hole in your energy field so that every time you try to concentrate you lose consciousness?

Mental instability?

Chronic fatigue?

Headaches?

More but aren't these enough?

Well I feel pretty grounded and am not afraid.

Or it could be the things Sloppy Zhang mentioned above. But even so, if we never try we'll never know, and if not now when? Am I suppose to wait until I meet someone who is of a high enough level that they can tell when the time is right? could take forever IF it even happens.

And how would one burn a hole in their energy field from opening the 3rd eye?

Also can't it always be closed if need be?

Yea I heard of a women who had hers open.. Kept hearing voices/tree's/animals talk to her and could'nt handle it.

She went to a shaman of some sort and fixed it if I remember correctly.

Any in situations as that I think it'd be very wise to take the experience passive

Well I feel pretty grounded and am not afraid.

Or it could be the things Sloppy Zhang mentioned above. But even so, if we never try we'll never know, and if not now when? Am I suppose to wait until I meet someone who is of a high enough level that they can tell when the time is right? could take forever IF it even happens.

I totally agree with you (in case you didn't see my thread, I'm all about psychic powers :P)....

But if you want to be a marathon runner, you have to start with stuff you can safely do.

And how would one burn a hole in their energy field from opening the 3rd eye?

Also can't it always be closed if need be?

Being able to open and close stuff comes with having good control over the energy, a skill that is built over time by the right practice. I don't know about the word or phrase he used in Chinese, and whether it conveys the proper meaning, but saying "force open the third eye" implies that you don't necessarily have the control to open it in the normal way, so you run the risk of putting energy through something you can't control.

But again that could be a translation issue :)

It would make sense...if you want to achieve what the teacher achieved, that you'd listen to what the teacher said. :D

I totally agree with you (in case you didn't see my thread, I'm all about psychic powers :P)....

But if you want to be a marathon runner, you have to start with stuff you can safely do.

Being able to open and close stuff comes with having good control over the energy, a skill that is built over time by the right practice. I don't know about the word or phrase he used in Chinese, and whether it conveys the proper meaning, but saying "force open the third eye" implies that you don't necessarily have the control to open it in the normal way, so you run the risk of putting energy through something you can't control.

But again that could be a translation issue :)

Yeah I saw your thread, I just lurked though instead of getting involved. :lol:

And that is true, but I can't see how opening the 3rd eye can have such negative results. NeiChuans is the worst case scenario I can see, but I'm waiting for Ya Mu to elaborate on the other things he mentioned. Maybe if I had my 3rd eye open I'd see things differently ;)

And if you force it open, I would assume you can always force it closed (if need be find a shaman/energy practitioner to help before you fall apart). Or maybe even learn as you go once it's open. I don't know, if it happens and I have first hand experience I'll let you know how it went.

Until then the most reliable info comes from the more experienced people here, doesn't mean all will listen to their warnings in the end though.

EDIT:

Wise man once say "You can lead a horse away from water, but you can't stop it from drinking dirt...." :lol:

Edited by That Guy

everyones third eye is already 'open' in a sense, just not in the sense that it is really being utilized for any of its functions, for that to happen one must clear the energy channels leading to crown chakra. Some masters are capable of immediately opening someones third eye through transmission, however this is a very hit and miss alternative to opening. Many believe that if one is not spiritually prepared for his third eye to open, not prepared for what is to come once this pineal gland becomes energetically active; your third eye oopen, interdimensional stargate type apparatus, then some very unwanted symptons may occur. Ever wish you could wake up one night, unable to move or breathe, but energetically spasmic, and see horrible entities within feet of you, sucking your chi/emotional energy (yes, because youll be scared shitless and they will vampire your energy and spirit)and have nothing to do about it? well that might happen if you prematurely open your eye, like my friend did while he was on ecstasy and shrooms at the same time, he stared at this thing on the internet that was a bunch of spinningness surrounding a dot, and from what he told me he felt, he openned his third eye; he was no tao bum, not at all. third eye opening; this also, besides from a transmission, primarily done through simple meditation (complete emptiness is best IMO).... and ... if you were to drop stored negative energy and stop perpetuating that energy, free yourself from desires and materialism, more energy becomes available and your system will clear and your third eye will naturally become 'active' as in chi will flow through it in the MCO. I've had incredible third eye sensations during meditation (lotus, standing, laying esp.) and each implies a subtle distinction, as if the amount of chi or lov energy available to the pineal affects it variably.

It would make sense...if you want to achieve what the teacher achieved, that you'd listen to what the teacher said. :D

That sounds logical, Scott, but actually, I wouldn't expect to get the same results as a teacher just from doing what he says or mimicking what he does. Like planting two sunflowers next to one another in the same pot, water and fertilize them the same, and yet when they grow, there will be great differences between the adult plants. And those are just simple sunflowers. Plant two complex humans in the same pot and they'll really grow differently. It's the natural way. A teacher should understand this and really make sure the students understand it as well.

This relates to what I've been reading in this thread. Go ahead and try the exercises, experiment, but don't force the results. True opening of any major gate has to occur passively, spontaneously.

I started a thread about my mud pill experience recently which nobody seemed to really pick up on... hmmm...

PS - Take the warnings in this thread to heart if you're fooling around in the head region. It really isn't a game.

The question "why to open the third eye" is like asking a blind man why he wants to see. Having more senses makes you perceive reality on a higher level, it gives you more possibilities in your life.

I don't think that dealing with the information through the third eye is harder than to deal with information through the regular eyes. If you think about it, your brain needs to develop to achieve the level of perception on which you can actually see something. The development of the brain means that it becomes able to organize the stimuli received from the environment, and is able to put the inputs in their right place among the information perceived through the other senses. So if your third eye is open then you are capable of dealing with it. However, just as well as there are people who see illusions, hallucinations, hear voices, and so on, so it is also possible to have difficulties with the third eye. But these kinds of perceptional dysfunctions are very rare, I don't think you should actually worry about them. Although it might be safe not to try to open your third eye if you already have such a dysfunction...

The question "why to open the third eye" is like asking a blind man why he wants to see. Having more senses makes you perceive reality on a higher level, it gives you more possibilities in your life.

I don't think that dealing with the information through the third eye is harder than to deal with information through the regular eyes. If you think about it, your brain needs to develop to achieve the level of perception on which you can actually see something. The development of the brain means that it becomes able to organize the stimuli received from the environment, and is able to put the inputs in their right place among the information perceived through the other senses. So if your third eye is open then you are capable of dealing with it. However, just as well as there are people who see illusions, hallucinations, hear voices, and so on, so it is also possible to have difficulties with the third eye. But these kinds of perceptional dysfunctions are very rare, I don't think you should actually worry about them. Although it might be safe not to try to open your third eye if you already have such a dysfunction...

Well I can't say that I don't sometimes have this dysfunction ;-) Although it's been surprisingly clear this past few days. Hmm, I wonder;-)

Where's the thread on the "mudpill"??? And what is a mudpill anyway? I'll go look it up I guess.

I think I'd rather NOT have "night creatures" sucking my chi - and in fact I believe I've already encountered such things a couple of times. Whatever "it" was, it came along a tore a piece off my middle. I figured it could have it if it wanted it so badly and I really didn't think further into it. A bad dream is a bad dream. Besides, some "nasty looking" creatures in mythology actually help people heal (think of Kali and some of the soul-eating things for example.)

What might be just as bad is when you give your own energy away without wanting to without random weirdness coming along. Or maybe when you give your own energy away because of some short term egotistical gain...a bad deal.

I think I'd rather NOT have "night creatures" sucking my chi

Who's to say you don't already have various entities, thought forms, and other "creatures" sucking your chi, or feeding off your emotions, compulsive habits, behaviors, etc etc already, but you just haven't realized it?

I'd rather know.

Yeah, that would be the world ;-) But I don't care, there's enough to go round ;-)

Besides, I'm more concerned with what I might be doing voluntarily than anything else. I'm not sure knowing "what's there" is helpful where I'm at right now. But it might be.

It might be safe to assume that I don't want to feed any of them, so I don't. Nor do I want to feed off them. Heh, we missed that part;-) Free will got to come in there somewhere;-)

A friend of mine told me through practice he believed he opened his third eye and ever since he did he's been able to flex it, describing it as a very odd sensation of somewhat unique/uniform shaped energy center. Anyone else have any experience with this?

Yes, the flexing sensation is pretty weird.... but....

General comment on this thread: trying to open the third eye as a stand alone effort is just like trying to teach your 3 year old child to open the door to go outside by yourself. To me, spiritual maturity is a prerequisite or you won't be able to deal with all the experiences related to it.

"then you can't avoid feeding them just by not wanting to feed them."

I believe this to be a pivotal part of my path;-) I actually DO choose what I want to feed and what I want to feed it with. Of course sometimes I get it wrong. But, it doesn't have to get complicated. Occam's razor is a good device.

Yes, the flexing sensation is pretty weird.... but....

General comment on this thread: trying to open the third eye as a stand alone effort is just like trying to teach your 3 year old child to open the door to go outside by yourself. To me, spiritual maturity is a prerequisite or you won't be able to deal with all the experiences related to it.

I would have to agree. I've acquired the ability to play Pong! inside my head, bouncing the energy ball back and forth between my temples, behind my eyes, around the ears, all directions of the clock. But I'm sure I still have enough psychological baggage to work through before I acquire any earth-shattering powers.

I would have to agree. I've acquired the ability to play Pong! inside my head, bouncing the energy ball back and forth between my temples, behind my eyes, around the ears, all directions of the clock. But I'm sure I still have enough psychological baggage to work through before I acquire any earth-shattering powers.

That's great you've reached the 'Pong' stage of internal development, Blasto. You will eventually open the 'Pac Man' chakra (and in the case of females and gay men, Ms. Pac Man) wherein the negative thoughts and entities get chased around and eaten by your third eye made manifest as a little gobbling spot. Keep good score though, cause if you don't eat them up at a fast enough rate and get your third eye eaten too often, the little buggers get the key to the back door and let in some really scary spookies to party.

That's great you've reached the 'Pong' stage of internal development, Blasto. You will eventually open the 'Pac Man' chakra (and in the case of females and gay men, Ms. Pac Man) wherein the negative thoughts and entities get chased around and eaten by your third eye made manifest as a little gobbling spot. Keep good score though, cause if you don't eat them up at a fast enough rate and get your third eye eaten too often, the little buggers get the key to the back door and let in some really scary spookies to party.

Your achievements are impressive, but they're a thing of the past... These days I'm using nextgen 3rd eye techniques to play next gen games in my head. Metal Gear Solid 4 anyone? :ph34r:

And for entities taking your energy, well you can't stop what you can't see, so i wanna see them.

And any more info on how opening the 3rd ee will make a hole in your energy etc..?

And I wouldnt compare opening the 3rd eye without spiritual training the same as anything with a 3 year old, because we're capable of more critical thinking than a 3 year old.

And for those out there who think their 3rd eye is open, what makes you so sure? Can you do anything out of the ordinary that other people can't which you believe is linked to the 3rd eye?