Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Just a question for whomever

Today is day 12 of my getting back into FPCK.

I have taken a strong liking for Monk Holding Peach because it is with this meditation that I feel the vibration of the energy the most - I can literally feel deep-level trembling in my whole upper body, as well as a pulling in my upper nose, resulting in shedding of what I assume is sinus fluid, which falls into my throat. I feel vibration with Monk Holding Pearl, but not as strongly. It has the same rhythm as the regular stream of energy I see when I do Monk Gazing at the Moon, but instead of being visual it is tactile.

It is also the meditation where my daughter saw a big blue "ball" between my hands. Well today I was doing the meditation and I felt a pushing up onto my hands at regular intervals. I first thought it was because of my breathing but then I realised it had a rhythm of its own. Is this the start of feeling that the hands are resting on a cushion? It was really a nice feeling. I don't get very strong bobbing to and fro like other people, just a hardly perceptible slight bobbing at the most. But the pushing up of what is probably the ball of chi onto my hands is what intrigues me the most. I like it so much.

Hi friends!   Not changing the subject but I just watched Sifu Terry's video above.   Did anyone else notice the very distinct white aura around his head and shoulders at the 2:30 / 2:32 mark?

FPCK is quite amazing!

Stillwater

• Like 1

Responding to the above posts from my own experience and from conversations with Sifu Terry before he has a moment to respond personally, as he is VERY busy through March at the moment:

4 hours ago, Astral_butterfly said:

Hi Sifu Terry

I have a spirit living in my place. He does not do evil, he just lives with us, ever since we arrived in end 2012. He occasionally speaks to us and sometimes he acts playful. Is it bad for me to do FPCK at home? Should I only do it at work- unfortunately at work I can only do it in a room full of electronic equipment which stay idle but is switched on.

I think the guy at home likes to be near me when I do FPCK, because he comes into the same room where I am practicing.

I don't know how close he comes, but aside from the blue light that she sees clearly, my daughter saw a black shadow around me when I was practicing (I see him as a floating shadow-type figure, but at that moment my eyes are closed). She never sees a black shadow around me at other times - she is able to see this anytime while wide awake and she only saw it during my practice. I was wondering if he was trying to benefit from the chi kung.

It would make sense if you said not to do it at home, because I have a lot of difficulty doing it there, it just seems to be more awkward generally, either I get interrupted by my child, or I get distracted by sounds like someone being there, or whatever the obstacle may be on any given day. It may look like coincidence, but it may be because I should not? I mostly do it at work, but this is not possible on the week-end, and I don't want to go without doing it for two days. 

Thank you for any clarity, also from any other practioner if they feel qualified to answer.

A_B

In my experience and some earlier posts in this thread, as well as discussions with Sifu Terry and another practitioner before, even just one meditation from Flying Phoenix (hereafter abbreviated as FP) is more than enough for psychic protection. 

In general, the mind creates more entities than there are actual entities, which has two meanings here that are not contradictory but contextual: 1) what we perceive at times are not independent beings, but our psychic projections as some of us might confuse our thoughts for them, 2) our psychic projections can also create these beings if we have latent or strong emotions and thoughts at play. 

When it is an actual entity, then it's another story, which Sifu Terry has more qualifications for explaining with regards to FP and entities...but for me, I've found zero problems when encountering them due to my own background and the pure energy of FP. 

Malevolent beings usually aren't bothersome after FP, some silent meditation, mantra, and incense in my own practice, benevolent beings enjoy FP. 

1 hour ago, Astral_butterfly said:

Just a question for whomever

Today is day 12 of my getting back into FPCK.

I have taken a strong liking for Monk Holding Peach because it is with this meditation that I feel the vibration of the energy the most - I can literally feel deep-level trembling in my whole upper body, as well as a pulling in my upper nose, resulting in shedding of what I assume is sinus fluid, which falls into my throat. I feel vibration with Monk Holding Pearl, but not as strongly. It has the same rhythm as the regular stream of energy I see when I do Monk Gazing at the Moon, but instead of being visual it is tactile.

It is also the meditation where my daughter saw a big blue "ball" between my hands. Well today I was doing the meditation and I felt a pushing up onto my hands at regular intervals. I first thought it was because of my breathing but then I realised it had a rhythm of its own. Is this the start of feeling that the hands are resting on a cushion? It was really a nice feeling. I don't get very strong bobbing to and fro like other people, just a hardly perceptible slight bobbing at the most. But the pushing up of what is probably the ball of chi onto my hands is what intrigues me the most. I like it so much.

Feeling energy in qigong in general can be a variety of things as there are thousands of different sensations. Common ones in FP are a lot like that, and I myself feel tension like my hands are cramping or like a ball is between them. As Sifu Terry says, the meditations will come to a point that instead of doing them, they will do you. 

56 minutes ago, StillWater said:

Hi friends!   Not changing the subject but I just watched Sifu Terry's video above.   Did anyone else notice the very distinct white aura around his head and shoulders at the 2:30 / 2:32 mark?

FPCK is quite amazing!

Stillwater

If you observe even casually around any video of someone doing FP, an aura can be seen, often blue or even whiteish. I've seen some of the more common videos for public consumption and others that are not so common, so seeing energy around a practitioner is one sign of the fruits of consistent practice. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

In my experience and some earlier posts in this thread, as well as discussions with Sifu Terry and another practitioner before, even just one meditation from Flying Phoenix (hereafter abbreviated as FP) is more than enough for psychic protection. 

In general, the mind creates more entities than there are actual entities, which has two meanings here that are not contradictory but contextual: 1) what we perceive at times are not independent beings, but our psychic projections as some of us might confuse our thoughts for them, 2) our psychic projections can also create these beings if we have latent or strong emotions and thoughts at play. 

When it is an actual entity, then it's another story, which Sifu Terry has more qualifications for explaining with regards to FP and entities...but for me, I've found zero problems when encountering them due to my own background and the pure energy of FP. 

Malevolent beings usually aren't bothersome after FP, some silent meditation, mantra, and incense in my own practice, benevolent beings enjoy FP. 

Thanks for your input. It is not a projection, nor an offshoot of energy. It is a definitely a separate entity, most likely the energy of somebody who lived there before. There are three of us who have experienced him and he does no harm. He seems happy to just live there and seems to like us. I was not too worried about him, but then I came across the post about hauntings from Sifu Terry, so I was just curious as to the energetic consequences. I would really like to continue practising at home, his presence does not scare me so I hope Sifu Terry says it is fine.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Astral_butterfly said:

Thanks for your input. It is not a projection, nor an offshoot of energy. It is a definitely a separate entity, most likely the energy of somebody who lived there before. There are three of us who have experienced him and he does no harm. He seems happy to just live there and seems to like us. I was not too worried about him, but then I came across the post about hauntings from Sifu Terry, so I was just curious as to the energetic consequences. I would really like to continue practising at home, his presence does not scare me so I hope Sifu Terry says it is fine.

Then likely it's not a problem because FP is a very strong healing art and plants, animals, the environment, and others receive that healing energy. Flying Phoenix raises the vibrations of a place and those residing there, so you're good as far as I have seen in my own experiences. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

Then likely it's not a problem because FP is a very strong healing art and plants, animals, the environment, and others receive that healing energy. Flying Phoenix raises the vibrations of a place and those residing there, so you're good as far as I have seen in my own experiences. 

Wow thanks for the reassurance. I hope whoever he is, that he can get something out of it too :)

Just now, Astral_butterfly said:

Wow thanks for the reassurance. I hope whoever he is, that he can get something out of it too :)

He does. ;)

• Like 2

Has anybody practiced flying phoenix with a blindfold on? Would there be anything wrong with doing so? 

Ive been practicing FP for almost three years now and acouple weeks ago i finally learned the long form. I used a blind fold to help me get more confident with the moves. Particularly the step out and lift leg/step out. I found that using a blind fold allowed me to go even deeper in and move even slower with little to no tension. 

The only drawback i can see is you cant open your eyes immdiately after the third closing breath.

Appreciate any feedback

I think only Sifu Terry will be able to answer this.

FPCK has been regulating my hormones, that I am 10/10 certain of.

I have not menstruated since a long time since I take the progesterone pill.

But now all of a sudden I am menstruating today.

I don't know what to make of this. Could FPCK have made me ovulate?

Could it override the effects of the pill?

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 11:43 AM, LightShadowDao18 said:

Has anybody practiced flying phoenix with a blindfold on? Would there be anything wrong with doing so? 

Ive been practicing FP for almost three years now and acouple weeks ago i finally learned the long form. I used a blind fold to help me get more confident with the moves. Particularly the step out and lift leg/step out. I found that using a blind fold allowed me to go even deeper in and move even slower with little to no tension. 

The only drawback i can see is you cant open your eyes immdiately after the third closing breath.

Appreciate any feedback

14 hours ago, Astral_butterfly said:

I think only Sifu Terry will be able to answer this.

FPCK has been regulating my hormones, that I am 10/10 certain of.

I have not menstruated since a long time since I take the progesterone pill.

But now all of a sudden I am menstruating today.

I don't know what to make of this. Could FPCK have made me ovulate?

Could it override the effects of the pill?

I will ask Sifu Terry to either send me his responses or to answer directly.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2019 at 8:10 PM, ridingtheox said:

uh I may be experiencing my second  detached retinal event ... any idea about qi gong addressing that  ...  surgery  repaired the other eye so  that is my fall back solution

Hi Charlie, 

Sorry to take so long to reply to your post. I've had a hectic past 2 months immediately following Christmas holidays.

Answer:  I don't think that FP Qiogng or any type of Qigong can directly prevent a detached retina event because there are so many possible /variable factors that would cause detachment.  All I know from my teaching experience is that FP Qigong (and also Tao Tan Pai Qigong, which I also teach [since 1983]) will improve and clarify vision by reversing overall bodily fatique by whatever spiritual "cleansing" or purification one might derive from the practice, which depends solely upon the karma and predilection of the practitioner.
Sorry I can't be of more help.  One expert diagnostician you might want to consult to see what remedies might help your condition  is my friend Eric Isen in La Jolla, CA.  You may recall Eric is an Ayurvedic monk who has been working full-time as a medical clairvoyant for decades and remotely read the effects of each individual FP Qigong Meditation for  and on "Tao Stillness" about 4-5 years ago and then "Tao Stillness" very kindly and generously shared those readings with me and the thread.  So if you want a good second opinion, let me know by PM or email and I will give you his contact info.

Best,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 9:27 AM, BluePhoenix133 said:

From my Experience the flying phoenix chi does not dissipate once you stop, it seems to be stored, i have stopped practice for a few weeks and still felt the chi especially when i do mindfulness meditation. I never used to make noises of satisfaction when doing simple mindfulness meditation but since doing flying phoenix i do...kind of wish i didnt its a little embarassing, its kind of like the noise you make when something tastes really good 'mmmmmmmm'.

I remember one experience i had which i mentioned earlier in the thread, i had done DVD 7 seated meditations. The following day i was cycling back from work listening to psytrance and all this energy activated and i felt amazing... way better than when i had done the meditation the day before. Infact i have noticed that sometime when i do the meditations i dont actually feel the chi that strongly but it comes back and hits me later on really intensely.

As Earl Grey mentioned about it being our duty to practice as it positively affects those around us i have noticed this also, i do get people randomly wanting to hug me which tbh is for me a negative side affect of this practice.

Hello BluePhoenix113,
I'm glad you've discovered the reality that the Flying Phoenix Healing Chi is cultivated by practice in a cumulative manner and indeed gets "stored up."  Throughout the years of this thread, I've described how the effects of FP Qigong practice are cumulative and that a tangible reserve of FP Healing Qi is stored in a "reserve."  Constant regular practice--and not even grueling at all, for FP Qigong is so sublime---will cultivate a super-abundance of the FP HEaling Qi.  Once this super-abundance develops, you will be the source of spontaneous healing of others.  And others will LOVE you profoundly.  That dynamicism of the FP Healing Qi is why FP Qigong is a spiritual art.
Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S.  Also, sorry to take so long to respond.  I'm just now catching up on posts from start of the new year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2019 at 2:04 AM, Astral_butterfly said:

I want to share my joy at finally being at peace with FPCK.
There is actually no intermediary in this practice, and that is fantastic. 

We take personal responsibility for a direct access to a source of energy for healing.

This is what I was looking for when I studied Reiki some twenty or so years ago. 
I was frustrated with Reiki because I wanted to see the ailment and the healing energy, and I know FPCK will eventually allow me this.
With Reiki I was just winging it. Here I will know as opposed to just acting out what I was taught, if I apply myself well and stay on track for as long as it takes.

I have come home.

I have practised a minimum of 40 minutes a day since about a week and the results are phenomenal.
My gratitude is more than it ever was.

Hurray, Astral Butterfly!

Congratulations on your break-through and self-initiation into the joys of Flying Phoenix Healing Qi through regular practice.  This art is indeed so elegant and effective as a completely self-contained and stand-alone discipline that it can work fine and to its fullest potential "straight out of the DVD box"--i.e., without any particular master supervising you.  I am thrilled that you have experienced the fact that there is NO INTERMEDIARY at work in FP Qigong practice.  FP Qigong is not like the Catholic church!  there is just you, the FP Art, and the Ever-Conscious Universe that your practice opens up.

Peace and Health,

Sifu Terry

• Like 3

On 24/02/2019 at 4:11 AM, zen-bear said:

Hurray, Astral Butterfly!

Congratulations on your break-through and self-initiation into the joys of Flying Phoenix Healing Qi through regular practice.  This art is indeed so elegant and effective as a completely self-contained and stand-alone discipline that it can work fine and to its fullest potential "straight out of the DVD box"--i.e., without any particular master supervising you.  I am thrilled that you have experienced the fact that there is NO INTERMEDIARY at work in FP Qigong practice.  FP Qigong is not like the Catholic church!  there is just you, the FP Art, and the Ever-Conscious Universe that your practice opens up.

Peace and Health,

Sifu Terry

Thank you sooooo much :)

• Like 1

day 56  having  completed more than half  my  108 day gong for the long form.    I discovered a youtube for moonbeam splashes on water by sifu Dunn;  left  a comment;  and  ...  realized i don't have the preparatory breathing sequence  and  would appreciate someone leaving a response so that i can incorporate MSW  in my 'exploratory'  practice regimen ...  

Edited by ridingtheox
just a little clean up
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ridingtheox said:

day 56  having  completed more than half  my  108 day gong for the long form.    I discovered a youtube for moonbeam splashes on water by sifu Dunn;  left  a comment;  and  ...  realized i don't have the preparatory breathing sequence  and  would appreciate someone leaving a response so that i can incorporate MSW  in my 'exploratory'  practice regimen ...  

90-60-50-20

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/29/2019 at 2:51 PM, awarenessrules said:

Hi Terry, I need some info. I have been doing Flying phoenix qigong on and off for 2-3 years now and have experienced some great benefits over time but I have not been consistent with my practice and have skipped weeks and some times months. Recently I was diagnosed with lymph node issues and was advised biopsy to rule out anything serious. They removed 2 lymph nodes from my groin area and sent it to lab. My question is does the lymph node removal has any long term side effects according to tcm? Will it permanently effect my lymph system and meridians at the site of excision? The lymph nodes transport fluid throughout body and there are 600 total in body. So when the lymph reaches the groin area where I had lymph nodes removed, what would happen since there is no way to move forward at the excision site. The groin has 15 lymph nodes. The removed nodes cant be grown back I was told. Whats tcm view about node removal? Would it create a permanent energy blockage? Would it effect my Qigong practice? I am asking you because I read in previous threads that you were once shot, so you might have lymph node or tissue removed from your body so you can answer it from your personal experience and how qigong helped with energy blockage due to injury? Thanks

Hi Awarenessrules,

Great Daobums screenname. 

Sorry to take so very long to reply with answers to your post...I was in NYC last week studying Tai Chi immersively with my teacher, GM William C.C. Chen, and crossed a threshold where doing the Tai Chi solo form has profound Qigong benefits unique to Tai Chi Chuan and very different from FP Qigong's effects.

And great that you've been practicing FP Qigong off and on for 2-3 years and have experienced good results.  'Better than having done anything less!   Many FP practitioners have posted on this thread that they have practiced off and on, or taken a long break of up to one or two years, and when they come back to FP practice to find that they ramp up to even more benefits than ever before.  As long as you get back to regular practice and let the system work for you, that's all that matters.  Positive results are inevitable.

First of all, before I try to answer your questions, for the daobums audience, here are 2 basic definitions one needs to understand about the lymph fluid , lymph nodes, and the function of the lymphatic system:

Lymph is a clear fluid that travels through your body's arteries, circulates through your tissues to cleanse them and keep them firm, and then drains away through the lymphatic system.

Lymph nodes are the filters along the lymphatic system. Their job is to filter out and trap bacteria, viruses, cancer cells, and other unwanted substances, and to make sure they are safely eliminated from the body.

This is clear and succinct explanation of how the lymphatic system works--in relation to the circulatory system in women:

"The arteries are like a two-lane highway bringing nutrients, oxygen and fluid to the breast. The vein is a one-lane highway taking away the used blood, and the lymphatic channels are the other one-lane highway draining away the lymph fluid. Two lanes in together, but two separate lanes out."

-- Marisa Weiss, M.D., chief medical officer, Breastcancer.org

Here are my very limited answers to your questions:

My question is does the lymph node removal has any long term side effects according to tcm?  

I cannot answer that question without seeing you in person and reading/testing your energy.  And even then I would be hard-pressed to give an opinion about the side effects of the removal of 2 lymph nodes.  First of all, you should know what the lymphatic system does as a most vital part of your immune system--.  Removal of lymph nodes affects the circulation of lymph--fluid that carries white blood cells and carries away toxins of all kinds.  But I don't know if removing 2 lymph nodes in that part of the body necessarily affects the energy body in any significant way.  Even if I were to sense or see an energy imbalance in the area of excision, that may not necessarily have been caused by the removal.
[If you were to suffer severe damage to the spleen, the most vital organ of the lymph system, then there might be be  severe and permanent damage to the lymphatic system and the vital immune system.] 

Will it permanently effect my lymph system and meridians at the site of excision?    You are conflating the lymphatic system with the meridian map that's foundational to acupuncture theory and practice.   As I've posted many times in this thread, the meridian map used in Acupuncture and TCM is only one map of human health.  It  is not the only map or explanation of how the human body functions and how health can be maintained.  Flying Phoenix Qigong--along with all the Bok Fu Pai internal energy arts--do NOT rely on the meridian map or the TCM view of the energy body or of human health.  The quality and the optimal time to practice FP Qigong depends solely on the position of the sun.

You have combined two very different questions into one.  So I will answer each one separately:

(1)   Will it permanently effect my lymph system?

I am not a western physician so I cannot give you an answer.

(2)   Will it permanently effect the meridians at the site of excision?   

I don't know if removal of 2 lymph nodes would affect the meridians in the area of excision.  I cannot give you an answer because i am not a doctor of TCM and I don't use meridian theory in my Qigong practice, my teaching of FP Qigong nor in my  energy healing treatments. 

I advise that you consult the surgeon who did your operation and also separately consult a thoroughly trained and  experienced doctor of TCM.   Ideal would be finding both skillsets in one doctor.  But that's a very tall order;  such a combination of such very different skillsets would be very rare and not likely to exist  in one person in the west. 

The lymph nodes transport fluid throughout body and there are 600 total in body. So when the lymph reaches the groin area where I had lymph nodes removed, what would happen since there is no way to move forward at the excision site?

Again, I could not say how the body would react after the removal of 2 lymph nodes in that area for any specific person.  Normally with lymph node removal, there is swelling and pain in the area of excision that is only temporary.

You should consult a highly qualified and experienced surgeon to find out the long-term effects of lymph node removal.

Whats tcm view about node removal?    

I have no idea what TCM would view lymph node removal in general or how.  I imageine that it would vary from one TCM doctor to the next.  And each would have to see you in person  in order to diagnose any kind of permanent damage or ill side-effects caused by your surgery--or determine if there was any type of "energy blockage."

Would it create a permanent energy blockage?   

Without seeing you in person, and thus basing my answer only on the info that you've posted, I would say, in general, "NO", not a permanent one--unless you had an energy blockage in that area to begin with.

Would it effect my Qigong practice?   Only you can find that out for yourself by practicing.

I am asking you because I read in previous threads that you were once shot, so you might have lymph node or tissue removed from your body so you can answer it from your personal experience and how qigong helped with energy blockage due to injury?

I find your term "energy blockage" to be  too general and grossly vague and thus to me is virtually meaningless unless I see it in person.  You are also using the term "injury" in too gross a way when you associate "energy blockage" with "injury."   Injury does not necessary cause energy blockage.  Severe traumatic injury probably would block energy. 

But to try and answer your question about how I used to Qigong during the healing phase after the gunshot incident in 1986, the thought or concept of "removing energy blockage" never crossed my mind. I did not practice Qigong during my recovery to remove any energy blockage.  I practiced Tao Tan Pai Nei Kung as well as Tai Chi (the very second I got out of the intensive care ward) to make all my organs and orbs strong and in perfect harmony with one another and to activate the self-healing faculties of the body. 

The only "energy blockage" resulting from physical trauma like a gunshot wound that one could be certain of--would be if the subject were shot dead.  Then there would be definite "energy blockage."

The shooting incident I had in 1986 did not affect my lymphatic system.   On Oct. 8, 1986, I was shot in the back with a .38 pistol by a psychotic serial killer who had killed 10 people in the previous 31 days in Los Angeles.  (He died two hours after he attacked me according to the LAPD detectives and LA County Coroner and the  LA times.  The one bullet that hit me (one of 3) went from one end of the liver to the other.  But because the liver is the 2nd most vascular organ in the body, one recovers very quickly from a physically damaged liver (as opposed to a chemically damaged one).  I had no infections after the gunshot wound and no problems with my lymphatic system during or after my recovery from that injury.  Thus I cannot answer your question(s) because I've never experienced lymph node removal.

I hope you find out through practice of an effective qigong system like FPCK if there are any long-term side-effects of your surgery.

Good luck in your recovery, and I hope you don't have to undergo any further removal of lymph nodes.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

I am not sure where i read it but apprently the flying phoenix chi works best for those who are virtuous, i really like that idea like its almost impervious to being misused.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BluePhoenix133 said:

I am not sure where i read it but apprently the flying phoenix chi works best for those who are virtuous, i really like that idea like its almost impervious to being misused.

Yes, this has been mentioned here before on the thread. Many high level qigong styles also have this characteristic as good deeds will expand your virtue (“Te” or “De”, 德) and in turn bring in flow.

I will also add something GM Doo Wai said that Sifu Terry quoted long ago here:

”Cosmic consciousness is both totally ruthless and highly indifferent.”

The quote also synchronized with two volumes I was reading at the time and their appropriate quotes:

”You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.” - Robert Anton Wilson

”Do not seek in your vitality what you do not find in your heart.” - Mencius

It is also worth noting from the Akashic Records that the Masters and Teachers state that cosmic morals and justice are viewed and defined very differently from how humans define them.

A few tropes you may find that is as oversimplified as it can be would be “Good is not nice”, “Dark is not evil”, “Light is not good”, refering to how those who are virtuous may not seem charming and sweet, that darkness does not have to always be evil as there is peace in the shade from the burning sun in the desert, and meditating in a cave in the dark helps us to see the those who deceive us by saying they serve the light and therefore must be good but in truth serve sinister motives (the Crusades come to mind).

Very good reminder. Thank you for sharing, Blue Phoenix.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, zen-bear said:

The quality and the optimal time to practice FP Qigong depends solely on the position of the sun.

Dear Sifu Terry, 

Can you elaborate or at least give a hint about this?

Best wishes

• Like 1

Quick question... .does anyone else have massive lactic acid buildup in the anterior deltoids from Monk Gazing at Moon?   Also, despite being quite flexible in my hamstrings (can truly flat-backed palm the floor... extension at hip joint with no waist bend)… my hips aren't quite there for sitting half lotus without cutting off the circulation to my feet.   Never mind the extensive lumbar exercise it takes to hold myself upright.  I can do it, but I certainly cannot be "as relaxed as possible."   Tranquility ain't happening in either MGAM or sitting half lotus when the exercises become more of a load-bearing anaerobic endurance event.

SO... q 1)   Anyone else get the lactic acid in their shoulders?    q 2)  Can just sitting in a chair suffice until I get my hip joints opened up sufficiently?

Thanks

SW

Edited by zen-bear

On 3/1/2019 at 7:40 PM, Earl Grey said:

Yes, this has been mentioned here before on the thread. Many high level qigong styles also have this characteristic as good deeds will expand your virtue (“Te” or “De”, 德) and in turn bring in flow.

I will also add something GM Doo Wai said that Sifu Terry quoted long ago here:

”Cosmic consciousness is both totally ruthless and highly indifferent.”

The quote also synchronized with two volumes I was reading at the time and their appropriate quotes:

”You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.” - Robert Anton Wilson

”Do not seek in your vitality what you do not find in your heart.” - Mencius

It is also worth noting from the Akashic Records that the Masters and Teachers state that cosmic morals and justice are viewed and defined very differently from how humans define them.

A few tropes you may find that is as oversimplified as it can be would be “Good is not nice”, “Dark is not evil”, “Light is not good”, refering to how those who are virtuous may not seem charming and sweet, that darkness does not have to always be evil as there is peace in the shade from the burning sun in the desert, and meditating in a cave in the dark helps us to see the those who deceive us by saying they serve the light and therefore must be good but in truth serve sinister motives (the Crusades come to mind).

Very good reminder. Thank you for sharing, Blue Phoenix.

Hi Earl Grey,

Thank you for your excellent response to Blue Phoenix's recapitulation of my past explanation about FP Qigong being virtually impervious to being abused or misused and my recapitulation of GM Doo Wai's explanation that FP Qigong works best for virtuous people.

I.  FP Qigong is impervious to being misused because: 

(A)  the energy it cultivates as all practitioners have experienced after a couple of 45 min. practice sessions or less is a sublime and purely healing energy, which cannot be used for martial art.  The FP Healing Energy doesn't want to move and won't be moved in martial fashion with destructive intent.  One has to "switch gears" psychically and alchemically to do martial arts after any substantial FP Qigong practice session.

(B)  it's practice is foolproof and fail-safe.  The postures and movements of the FP Meditations are so simple and elegant that, as i've said in the past, you really have to try and and you really have to have to be BENT and with a special brand of karmic stupidity to screwup FP Qigong practice (by not following traditional instructions or intentionally switching or bastardizating the primary breath-control sequences).

(C)  Evil people, or let's call them the non-virtuous, are not interested in cleansing on a cellular level and attaining a holy, spiritual, self-healing, and spontaneously healing consciousness with respect to others.  They are engaged in harming other people.  FP Qigong is so pure that it will not tolerate their hypocrisy while trying to heal themselves while they continue to have malicious, destructive or predatory intent upon others.  Thus the alchemy fundamental to FP Qigong is a spiritual alchemy;  it comes from a divine source.

II.  Thus, the inverse of BPhoenix's recapitulation is a more encompassing:  Flying Phoenix Qigong will not work for evil people--especially die-hard evil ones.  Nor will it have much benefit--if any atll-- for the stupid,  ignorant, dishonest, corrupt, hate-filled, immoral, and spiritually blind.  (As I've stated in past postings, stupid people don't need to meditate because to them, everything is cathartic.  This might sound cynical to some;  but it is simply my advice for teachers to abide by Miyamoto Mushashi's last precept:  "Do nothing which of no use.")

==> IMPORTANT CORRECTION OF YOUR QUOTE ATTRIBUTION, EARL GREY:  This statement, "Cosmic Love is totally ruthless and highly indifferent" was NOT uttered by GM Doo Wai.  It's author is Arthur Janov, founder of Primal Therapy and it is a favorite expression of great psychotherapists, which I believe it has not been published in print.

ON TOP of all his consummate prowess in all the high-level Bok Fu Pai internal martial arts that he revealed to us, plus Eight Sections of Energy Combined, plus DM arts with mechanisms and deadly effects one cannot even imagine, plus a couple of esoteric energy arts that I'm certain he had never taught to anyone, what GM Doo Wai emphasized to us all regularly throughout or training years was:  "Healing (others) is the most important thing."

Thanks for both your posts, BlueP and Earl Grey!   (Mercury Retrograde is affecting the planet (stations on March 5)--so for the next 3 weeks, it is wise and most appropriate to review and refine all that you already know and are practicing.  No new concoctions of any sort;  certainly no experimentation with FP Qigong!

Best to all,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 6

This is a mercury retrograde updating: 

Three weeks ago, I taught an evening FP Qigong class in which we did the following:

A.  35 min. Warm-up and preparation:

1.  the first section of "Silk Weaver's Exercise"  (unrelated to Silk-reeling energy practice of Chen Tai Chi)

2.  First 7 exercises of Ching Dynasty Imperial Guard exercises. (15 min.)

3.  3 Warm-ups of my Tai Chi For Health DVD (which were emphasized by my first Taoi Chi teacher, the late GM Abraham Liu, who passed away last April at age 102):   (a)  Wave Hands Like Clouds in bow stance;   (b)  Lifting Hands/Play Guitar 90 degree transitions;  (c)  Snake Creeps Down alternation.

B.   FP Standing Meditations -- in this order (1 hour):

1.  Wind Above the Clouds

2.  Bending the Bows

3.  Wind Through Treetops

4.  Moonbeam Splashes on Water (2 rounds)

5.  Monk Holding Peach

6.  Monk Holding Pearl

C.   FP Seated Meditations (Monk Serves Wine):

1.    60  70  40  5 (vol.7)

2.    50 40 30 10  (2nd MSW on Vol.2)

3.    50 20 10  "The Sleeper" (first MSW on Vol.7)

Mercury Retrograde is a perfect time to review and perfect and advance your Flying Phoenix Qigong practice.

Sifu Terry Dunn

On 2/20/2019 at 7:43 PM, LightShadowDao18 said:

Appreciate any feedback

Hi LightShadowDao,

There is certainly nothing wrong with using a blindfold when doing any of the FP Qigong meditations--except for, of course, "Monk Gazing At Moon," which is the only exercise in the entire system that is done with the eyes open.  I think that using a blindfold would be helpful especially if you are in an environment that has bright lighting that you cannot control. 

I have never used a blindfold as I usually do my own practice either outdoors or in low light conditions indoors.  I also teach my classes in studios with medium-light to low-light conditions.  I like to lead practice in the seated Monk Serves Wine Meditations in a room lit only by a white candle on the floor, with practitioners sitting in a circle around it.

Thanks for raising the issue.

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S.  For my on-going students in my classes and workshops and my private students, I teach an ancillary but very powerful method to cleanse the mind and the eyes.

Edited by zen-bear