Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Sorry everyone is having to deal with trolls. I have been doing FPCK for a while now. It is peaceful and makes me happy. All this contention is simply a non virtue.

I appreciate Sifu Terry's efforts at validation, although based on the results I have had, there has never been a question.

Relax.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys,

I'm slowly reading through this thread while practicing from the first dvd as it's all I have. I'm wondering if anyone has ordered them from taichimania any time recently?

I ordered the set and attempted to email them to see if it had been posted and the email address come back as unavailable. I found another email address on the site and sent one to that.

• Like 2

Also on a seperate topic. Has anyone compared Dragon and Tiger medical qigong to Flying Pheonix?

I'm asking because all i'm really able to do is the warmup and the first exercise so far, i'd struggle to do the whole 50 minutes as i've seen suggested earlier in the thread.

Though I had planned to follow the learning page on taichimania, when I get the dvds do 1 standing and 1 sitting. But if it takes a whole I might extend it to 2 of the standing exercises after the warmup until I get the rest of the dvds.

Dragon and tiger medical qigong is able to be done in 15 minutes apparently. But really in the end i'm looking for effectiveness for healing as my priority, as a side priority of having more energy. I've had low energy for a while but it's really bad at the moment as i've got some kind of issue going on.

I'm still slowly reading through this thread, it's gonna take a while.

Edited by Benbeastmode
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 11:32 PM, Benbeastmode said:

Hey guys,

I'm slowly reading through this thread while practicing from the first dvd as it's all I have. I'm wondering if anyone has ordered them from taichimania any time recently?

I ordered the set and attempted to email them to see if it had been posted and the email address come back as unavailable. I found another email address on the site and sent one to that.

Hello BenBeastmode:

Welcome to the FPCK discussion. 

The email address for my company, Interarts Productions (Zen-Bear, Inc.) is [email protected]

There is a strange glitch in my website's interface with Paypal where sometimes--not all the time--the Paypal purchase  receipt sent to an online customer shows a very old email address, "[email protected]"--or something like that, which has been defunct since the late 90's(!).

Anyway, if you use this [email protected] address, you will get a response from my assistant or from me personally.

Thanks for your interest in the FPCK training and the dvds.

Regards,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
correct errors

Thanks Terry,

Yep that was the email address that was on the receipt. Strange. I just sent one, but looks like it was the same email I sent it to a few days ago that I found elsewhere on the site. So you'll have a few emails.

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 2:41 PM, Benbeastmode said:

Also on a seperate topic. Has anyone compared Dragon and Tiger medical qigong to Flying Pheonix?

I'm asking because all i'm really able to do is the warmup and the first exercise so far, i'd struggle to do the whole 50 minutes as i've seen suggested earlier in the thread.

Though I had planned to follow the learning page on taichimania, when I get the dvds do 1 standing and 1 sitting. But if it takes a whole I might extend it to 2 of the standing exercises after the warmup until I get the rest of the dvds.

Dragon and tiger medical qigong is able to be done in 15 minutes apparently. But really in the end i'm looking for effectiveness for healing as my priority, as a side priority of having more energy. I've had low energy for a while but it's really bad at the moment as i've got some kind of issue going on.

I'm still slowly reading through this thread, it's gonna take a while.

I have done Dragon and Tiger and the best way to answer that with regards to Flying Phoenix is this: I practiced it for a while and have no interest in continuing it. I practiced Flying Phoenix, fell in love, had stopped a few times for a few days and once for a few months, but will always return to it because the bliss in the practice itself is a lot more appealing than the benefits, but there are also many, many infinite benefits. So Flying Phoenix is as much a daily practice as taking a shower and brushing my teeth. Dragon and Tiger was a little cupcake that wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but is still delicious, just not what I want. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

I have done Dragon and Tiger and the best way to answer that with regards to Flying Phoenix is this: I practiced it for a while and have no interest in continuing it. I practiced Flying Phoenix, fell in love, had stopped a few times for a few days and once for a few months, but will always return to it because the bliss in the practice itself is a lot more appealing than the benefits, but there are also many, many infinite benefits. So Flying Phoenix is as much a daily practice as taking a shower and brushing my teeth. Dragon and Tiger was a little cupcake that wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but is still delicious, just not what I want. 

Thanks, good to know. I'll stick to Flying Pheonix. Now I have the other dvd's I can start the practice as described by doing 1 standing and 1 sitting exercise.

Honestly the benefits were what drew me to it, but I also hope I can find similar enjoyment in just the doing of it. It is relaxing and feels good to do it. Some days I find it more difficult to relax, but others it feels good.

One thing i've noticed that I found unusual is that yesterday at some stage doing 'monk gazing at the moon' I started to have some tension and soreness in my back. And my back actually wanted to move a bit so I did some kind of wave like movements a few times. I noticed my back felt a little better after that. Today a similar thing happened but today i've had a bit of soreness and fatigue in my back in those places. It's too coincidental that it come up twice doing the Chi Kung, so I feel it's related.

Not something I expected. And the other Chi Kungs i've done i've had nothing like it. I was doing Life Force Qigong by Chris Bale, and have done Male Sexual Qigong by Yadi Alamin, and 'unique powerful secret qigong' which is another sexual one, yes that's the actual name. I did Spring Forest Qigong once in the past, just once so can't really compare.

A while ago I was only interested in the sexual perormance benefits. But with the health issue i've been having i've become interested in doing it for general health and improving my energy, aswell as healing. Any sexual type benefits or focusing on that specifically like with Male Sexual Qigong isn't a priority now.

Edited by Benbeastmode
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Benbeastmode said:

So the day I email about it, I got a collection slip and picked it up today. Thanks for the help Terry.

Psst: for respect, the correct form of address to any master is Sifu, so I would say to address him moving forward as Sifu Terry, because a first name basis is frowned upon in martial tradition.

• Like 2

I honestly find that a little strange, but that may be due to my past bad experiences with martial arts. How am I not showing respect talking to him the way I am because I just didn't add a title? Because i've done nothing but be respectful. It may just be that it's through text.. but being like 'psst' seems a bit of a disrespectul way to address me.

If he prefers to be called that then that's up to him to say, as i've called him by his name in emails as I do to everyone else in my life and there wasn't an issue. Instead of someone just being like 'psst' in the way you did.

Edited by Benbeastmode
  • Like 1

On another note, after getting my dvd's I started the proper way from the pracitce guide. I was hesitant to add a sitting exercise as just the standing one takes a bit out of me. But I did the first standing, then the first sitting.

The inside of my thighs were getting pretty sore, and my back aswell. I also get sore arms holding them up like that (monk gazing at the sun), which I get in the standing, but it was worse sitting. Maybe cos my arms were fatigued already.

Had to put my arms down for a few seconds a few times. And I didn't find the sitting quite enjoyable or relaxing due to all the tension and soreness in different parts of my body.

The last thing is the most annoying thing. I don't know if this is due to being sick, i've had a bad infection in a few places and been struggling alot. I thought I was getting way better, felt the best in a while yesterday then stupidly went out in the cold for too long.

But I especially noticed after doing the exercises with the sitting and going out, that my head felt kind of weird and constricted. And a burning feeling around my eyes, I started to feel out of it and like this maybe an hour after practice. (Actually some sadness is coming up along with those physical feelings) But like I said I don't know if it's that I have a bit of a temperature from going out in the cold yesterday when I wasn't fully recovered, or some of it was from the Chi Kung.

I can admit though, that with how bad i've been sick my mindset has gone downhill alot and every little thing i've started to feel is serious, and this could just be a small passing thing.

Any comments Terry/Sifu Terry? As I said I find the title thing unusual due to my past, but if it's your preference?

EDIT: Actually I had some shaking during standing in my legs and body that reminds me of TRE (Trauma Release Exercises) which helps release trauma from the body.

Edited by Benbeastmode
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Benbeastmode said:

I honestly find that a little strange, but that may be due to my past bad experiences with martial arts. How am I not showing respect talking to him the way I am because I just didn't add a title? Because i've done nothing but be respectful. It may just be that it's through text.. but being like 'psst' seems a bit of a disrespectul way to address me.

If he prefers to be called that then that's up to him to say, as i've called him by his name in emails as I do to everyone else in my life and there wasn't an issue. Instead of someone just being like 'psst' in the way you did.

That may be your experience in martial arts, but senior students often take initiative because the teachers themselves are too busy to explain it. He would be too busy to say it or to care and doesn't make a big deal of whether you address him as Sifu (which he wrote in his signature in his response), but in general, you will make traditional teachers happier with the proper form of address. This is for everyone to know, but as always, your Free Will to decide if you will honor this or not. 

As for "psst" it's a jovial way of pulling you aside as though we were in person because as you said--it's just through text, so how else can we express our colorful personalities here while remaining respectful and sincere? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Benbeastmode said:

Ok, that's cool. Sorry man, it's hard to know how to take things sometimes especially on a forum. Makes more sense now.

No worries, mate, welcome to the thread. Ask any questions you have and someone will inevitably respond. Check out people's PPJs on Flying Phoenix too, and consider starting one yourself too to track your progress. 

Thanks. I have a feeling i'll have a few questions. I haven't even looked at that section yet actually, i'll have a look soon. I'm still reading through this thread.

Sifu Terry, a bit of a post of some things i've observed and a concern.

For about the last 4 days i've done dvd 1 standing exercise 1 and dvd 2 sitting exercise 1. In my last post I mentioned tension and fatigue in my arms. It's got a little better, and today for the first time my legs didn't have alot of soreness in them when sitting.

But i've noticed on the first day of both standing/sitting exercises as I mentioned my head was all congested kind of. And some pressure around my eyes. It seems to have started when adding the sitting exercise.

And the last few days i've noticed my eyes are more sensetive, like i'm playing something on my ipod to boost my immune system at the moment and occasionally i'll check the volume. At night it can keep me awake if I do so, but day was fine. But the last few days, especailly today my eyes are really sensetive to it. And my head will then get congested and i'll feel weird and disconnected. I also noticed my eyes were a bit sensetive to the sun too through the window when I looked out the window for a while.

Has anyone else reported similar on FP Chi Kung? I wondered if it was because i'm still recovering from being sick, but my eyes and head weren't doing that a week ago or so and i'm getting better than I was then.

Also I wondered this, my mind seems to find ways to sabotage me in different ways. Not just with Chi Kung. When I read on here not to add other things like the microcosmic orbit my mind has been trying to sabotage by having it popping into my head during practice, and then thing like energy coming up to my head and exploding out. And i'm worried that may be causing some of this. I'm spending a bit of my effort trying to focus to STOP my mind doing that, which is making it more difficult to relax. I don't know what to do about that during practice, and the weird sabotage has happened with other methods of self development and such.

Oh I forgot my observation I mentioned, it's around my fatigued arms. Today in the sitting exercise they were getting really sure and 'burning'. Then I realized it was mainly my right arm around the shoulder, I forget which shoulder I injured in the past but it was distinct and I was noticing a 'warmth' in it, so I feel like that was part of the healing as my other arm wasn't like that.

Edited by Benbeastmode

Hey Ben,

I'm a novice too, and I'm coming into this from a similar position it seems. I don't have much to add, and I'm *CERTAINLY* not an authority, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt and wait for someone else who's more experience to weigh in to be sure.

First: Starting out a Qi Gong or energy practice at all will come with some hurdles, especially if you're doing it after an illness, or after being sedentary, or after an injury, or during struggles with anxiety or depression. Qi Gong can be great for these things, especially Flying Phoenix or other healing systems, but it's important to realize that you'll need to get past the hurdles.

If you're getting shoulder tension, examine your posture. If you can, get to a physical therapist to have them gauge your muscle strengths and general structure. I just had a physical therapist check me out not too long ago and let me know that my shoulders have been compensating for my traps, and that my scapula aren't functioning as they should because of this muscle deficiency. You may have a similar problem. When doing Flying Phoenix, if I tried to hold Monk Gazes at the Moon for more than 5 minutes, I would get bad inflammation on my left side. After realizing how to hold my scapula correctly, that no longer happens. 

Second: Don't worry about things like moving the energy at will at first. Focus on the mechanics first and foremost. Do the movements or poses as perfectly as you can, keeping an eye on the breathing sequences at the beginning and mastering and memorizing those as well as you can. If you're trying to move energy around early on before you have a good foundation, you might end up hurting yourself. This is why some schools wont recommend doing microcosmic orbit until you've practiced for about a year at least. 

Qi Gong is a long, gentle process and the results will come consistently and slowly as long as you maintain your practice. For me, one of the main things I had take hold quickly was an elimination of my social anxiety. If I have a function I have to attend, If I've doing Flying Phoenix at all any time that week, I am more centered and sure of myself and capable of maintaining my composure. There's been other things too, like I've noticed my digestion works better after being consistent with the practice. 

Lastly: In regard to the sensation changes, that's normal. Your mind is becoming more alert and you'll have increased sensation to visual, auditory, or even taste and touch sensations. You'll notice a lifting of any 'brain fog' you might have had and an increased capability to focus. This is normal. If you've become accustomed to the dulled sensations, you'll find that these increased sensations will also be adapted to in time. Just stay the course and stay calm and focused.

In regard to the congestion, I'm not sure what to make of that. If you're trying to direct your energy, it might be a result of that. It might also be a blockage or something else, but I couldn't say because as I stated before, I'm just a novice.

Keep practicing, go slow, and take breaks if you find yourself hurting too much to focus or practice. Flying Phoenix is a healing art, so you should notice the results as long as you hold the course as much as you're able.

• Like 1

Thanks Maybe. Haha interesting username.

I wondered if it was just my arms being weak and if it was normal. I've tried holding them in a few days. I was going to a physiotherapist before I got sick. I'll see how it goes.

Interestingly in bed last night I felt some energy in the same right shoulder and something felt better after that.

The problem is that I know not to visualize the energy but it's involuntary, so i'm trying to stop it happening. I guess I can only do the best I can.

After last night i'm a little worred, but I might post that seperate so hopefully Sifu Terry can see it.

Ok so another thing to report. Usually if I was in good health this would be the exact result i'd want. And doing Qigong in the past focused just around sex, and tantra I did want this result. But I didn't even get it a huge amount doing Male Sexual Qigong for 6+ months. I did get results in better performance though.

So.. last night I woke up and felt this slight turn on. But in a way I haven't felt for years. For some reason my sex drive seems just not there even though i'm in really good shape, I wondered if that was candida possibly or something.

It was only slight in that moment, but in a way I don't remember for a long time. I went to the toilet and it stopped a bit. Then I woke up and it was alot. The most i'd been turned on in a long time. Being sick at the moment I had had almost zero interest in women and sex but it was just like full in my body more than in years, not just an 'oh yeah I wouldn't mind having sex' and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I do have some fear around this because of my sex drive in the past being so strong it caused me issues in sleeping with women I didn't want to or who were unattactive just because they were the ones available to me and some of that was coming up. Also a concern with the health issue i'm having.

But I couldn't ignore it, I couldn't stop thinking about it so had to 'take care of it'. Worried my issue might flare up..

So the last few times I ejaculated, once was having sex that night I had the chills, fever, shaking, was really cold. Then a few weeks later a similar thing. I've got blood tests and scans all come back as nothing.

I was afraid of it last night, so was trying to avoid it but the turn on was so strong I couldn't. And I woke up a bit later again feeling cold and full body shakes, a bit of a chill, pressure in my groin. All issues i've been having.

So my big concern is, I started FP to help me heal from this (along with still going to doctors and finding other ways) and I read about sexual desire increasing with FP but I wasn't expecting the most i've felt in years, and it's the first obvious thing i've noticed after about 2 weeks of practice.

I don't know if I should continue because if I ejaculate it gives these symptoms. I really didn't expect that result and the time I was doing Male Sexual Qigong and in good health I would have loved them.

So Sifu Terry is there some way to maybe refocus this healing energy to dealing with what needs to be dealt with instead of this potentially happening. Or should I stop practice?

It's a bit past the time i've been practicing most days. And today i'm almost too scared to practice.

It really sucks that the ideal result in the past when I wasn't having this issue of increasing my sex drive at the moment is to my detriment and possibly flaring up this issue.

I wonder if another form of Qigong might suit me for now to help heal without dealing with higher sex drive, but then again that is a sign of a healthy man having a high sex drive so would likely go along with it.

EDIT: Thinking of it after posting I could just 'breathe' through those feelings or whatever. As I do feel FP has been beneficial in feeling a bit better for me the last few weeks. And today i'm feeling a bit better, where the last 2 times the same thing happened it persisted for days, so i'm hoping i'm recovering.

Edited by Benbeastmode
  • Like 1

@Benbeastmode, You do not have to worry about abstinence with FP. There's no requirement to be abstinent, and as GM Doo Wai says and Sifu Terry often repeats, "Knock yourself out." 

Now, your question appears to be the fear of your own sexuality if I am understanding this correctly. A lot of things will bubble to the surface with Flying Phoenix as with any practice. 

My advice is to accept that this is part of the rebalancing, and my own rebalancing recently was getting a chance to fall asleep when I can't sleep or relax myself, as the healing goes where it's needed most. In your case, it appears to be the emotional and physical issues related to sexual trauma as a possible explanation. 

Feel free to read my PPJ for Flying Phoenix or send me a PM, or if you want to look into this, we can even have an Akashic Records session and see what you masters and teachers have to say, besides whatever Sifu Terry will chime in to give his guidance and insight on the matter. 

Alternatively, you may contact medical clairvoyant intuitive, Eric Isen, and have him look into how FP affects you and what your health issues actually are, and Sifu Terry and everyone in this forum will all unanimously share how profound his medical clairvoyant skills are. 

Edited by Earl Grey

Hi,
   It's not really worring about abstinence as I read in this thread sex is ok. The fear of my own sex drive is part of a seperate issue really, thought there was fear attached to that and fear coming up around practicing FP today.

The main thing is the physical issue, this isn't specifically from FP as I had it happen before starting practice, in fact it was one of the things that brought me to practice it after reading about it years ago and not doing it.

So it seems to be a preexisting thing, and the main concern is that if my sex drive is increasing it's more difficult for me to 'hold off' ejaculating which might bring this pain and symptoms.

As I said in my edit, it was only the concern of the increased drive making me want to have sex and them possibly having those symptoms, but that at the same time in other ways I think FP is helping.

My other main concern is the burning/weird congestion around my eyes especially when I look at my iphone or ipod. Seeing it wasn't happening until say the last week or so, except if I look at my phone at night when it's dark then it's harder to sleep. It's like they are more sensetive to it.

I'm not aware of what Askaic records are, i'll research it a bit.

I'll also look up Eric Isen. I'm not aware of that either.

I'm considering acupunctue and chinese medicine, there isn't one available in my town, but I found one 45 minutes away.

Thanks for the response.

I just kind of computed this part..

I can't sleep or relax myself, as the healing goes where it's needed most. In your case, it appears to be the emotional and physical issues related to sexual trauma as a possible explanation. 

I can say that stuff around sex and women have been something i've focused so much energy on and had some of my biggest traumas around. But mainly my priority is these physical issues going on. Some of my symptoms aren't helped by some anxiety/trauma I feel I stirred up a little (nothing to do with FP) but i've booked a brainspotting session for that.

Edited by Benbeastmode

5 minutes ago, Benbeastmode said:

I'm not aware of what Askaic records are, i'll research it a bit.

I'll also look up Eric Isen. I'm not aware of that either.

You can read the FAQ on the Akashic in my personal practice journal here: https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/46480-reading-the-akashic-records/

Eric Isen may be contacted here: http://ayurvedicintuitive.com/

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 2:34 AM, Earl Grey said:

Psst: for respect, the correct form of address to any master is Sifu, so I would say to address him moving forward as Sifu Terry, because a first name basis is frowned upon in martial tradition.

Earl Grey,
Thanks for the sharing your advice on Chinese martial arts decorum.  I'm not a big stickler for the title "Sifu" when I'm dealing face-to-face with students in my classes and workshops--even though "Sifu" is the proper title for a senior instructor or master instructor.  In fact, since I started teaching kung-fu and Tai Chi in 1983, every in-person student just calls me by my name   But in this new day and age of online forums, where faces and forms are not seen, observing this minimum in decorum is reasonable.

Thanks for putting out the reminder.
Best,
Sifu Terry

• Like 1

Exactly 2 weeks until my next 22-hour immersive workshop in Flying Phoenix Qigong at Eastover Estate in beautiful Lenox, MA.   This will be my last FP Qigong workshop on the east coast for this year...so as they say, "Get IT while the Gettin's good!"

http://www.eastover.com/…/master-terence-dunns-flying-phoen…

• The 3-day 22-hour course qualifies is recognized as a CORE course by NCCAOM and earns each student 21 credits.

See you there along with my "Old Guard"--New York and New England students who have attended every Eastover workshop since I started teaching there in June of 2017!    There weather is gorgeous during this high season in the Berkshires...so on Sunday afternoon, Sept. 16, after the last workshop session ends at noon, I have arranged for an optional paddle board or canoe outing at either Laurel Lake or Stockbridge Bowl--led by one of the top outdoor recreational leaders in the Berkshires, who is also one of my most dedicated students.  Yes, we will be doing the Long Form Standing Meditation with eyes closed standing on paddle boards in the middle of the lake.  One of my new hurdles I've established to qualifify FP Qigong instructors!!!  

As if 22 hours of FP Qigong training isn't enough:  Eastover serves great organic food,  offers very nice accommodations for all budgets, and his miles and miles of hiking trails throughout its 600 acres.  It is one of the top holistic resorts in the Berkshires, 

Workshop content and registration info is here:  

http://www.eastover.com/workshop/master-terence-dunns-flying-phoenix-qigong-iii.html

Edited by zen-bear

To all FP Qigong practitioners thinking about attending the upcoming workshop at Eastover Estate:

This is what the training looks like from last summer's workshops, as seen on page 174 of this thread:

Bending the Bows:

The 2 middle movements in "Moonbeam Splashes on Walter" (as taught on Volume 3):

And this is one of a few powerful Bok fu Pai Meditations that I also add to the workshop program, to give everyone a taste of a different Ehrmei Mountain Qigong system that cultivates a different energy from the Flying Phoenix Healing Energy.

Hope to see you in Eastover!

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 1