Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

What is Falun Gong?

What is Falun Gong?

It has some interesting methods that work. It has fame due to Chinese prosecution. All in all though it's pretty cultish and the leader claims to be "The Buddha" of our time. He kind of mixes his version up a bit in a new agey way.

I would not at all recommend it.

It has some interesting methods that work. It has fame due to Chinese prosecution. All in all though it's pretty cultish and the leader claims to be "The Buddha" of our time. He kind of mixes his version up a bit in a new agey way.

I would not at all recommend it.

Is it kind of like Qi Gong?

Is it kind of like Qi Gong?

It seems to be a mix between Taoism, Buddhism and theism. It's kind of an odd way of mixing it though. The main teacher seems to have a huge idea about himself.

It seems to be a mix between Taoism, Buddhism and theism. It's kind of an odd way of mixing it though. The main teacher seems to have a huge idea about himself.

Oh, I see! Thank you.

what do you wish me to see by reading this?

I have read through this page.

CIA to destabilize China... through some obscure spiritual practice ? hmm

no... they could just stop trade etc...

I remember a... though don't...of some top US Gov Offical or Corp CEO (no difference)speaking of communist china and how it was the perfect model... this person gave an account of walking through a factory and not one person looking at him... as in all were completely submissive to him.

Funding of Mao etc and Communist China is also an interesting story...

In terms of cults.... what isn't a cult?

and what has this to do with "persecution"?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I've read the book and looked at the clips and it looks like QiGong to me. Some of the guys ideas are a bit unusual but then whose aren't?

Seems to me that the Chinese Govt simply doesn't take kindly to independent organisations that it can't control. All QiGong and TaiChi teachers in China have to be registered and approved by the government before they can teach. The CHQA organization in China that validates the form we teach is an arm of the Chinese Government.

http://jsqg.sport.org.cn/en/index.html

That's just how things are over there. I don't especially approve or disapprove as it's their country and they do as they choose

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I think perhaps it may be similar to the witch hunts... wiping out the shamanic knowledge / practice + true spiritual power

(not just Falun)

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I think Falun Gong is the best free Qi Gong available. You can get the complete set online from their web site or youtube.

It contains five sets. The first set opens meridian channels. The second set is similar to Zhan Zhuan with hand posture to focus on central channels. The third set mix yin/yan. The fourth set opens MCO (I like this a lot). The last set is sitting meditation.

It's a complete system. It's free online. You can also get free DVD from their organization. All the books are free online. I don't know any better system free of charge. The movements are easy to learn and far mor effective than Tai Chin for beginners.

I found the leader a little strange though his early teaching is main stream: authentic, compassion and tolerance. No matter how weired the leader is, Falun Gong is the only anti Chinese communist force. They run a few TV stations and newspapers, which have considerable Chinese viewers and readership, overseas outside of China. They have more chopps than Daila Lama factions in MHO.

Disclaimer: I have no assocation with Falun Gong organization.

• Like 1

It is better to pay money but practice real authentic taosit system. I just watched falungun sectarians walking on their parade and I just did not like this mass. They are like christians in the times of Christ, a little crazy. And I personally did not like their online stories about practice. It does not sound true to me and there is no authentic roots of this practice. Just seems to be the sect on the basis of Buddhism.

And what is the goal of this system? To walk on a parade with big drum and posters?

To the best of my knowledge. Falun Gong is practiced by a Buddhist Cult. It is a form of healing Chi Kung which had cured many people with chronic diseases.

The reason that the Chinese government was against them is because the sect is getting too large and they have tremendous assembly power. The government was afraided that they might get overthrown by the cult.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

A little crazy could just be a cover...

90% truth 10 % crazy = harmless? no worries... /no threat

playing the game

Truth / Justice / "Spiritual Path" = path of the warrior... no matter what level of consciousness you are playing at I think.

In terms of parades / drums / posters etc....

The world does need a spiritual revolution I think...

I think everything is a cult.... so to call one thing a cult and another thing not... is a bit insane

They are a bit crazy, they worship their leader like he is a Buddha or a Jesus and say only he and no-one else holds they keys to heaven at the time of judgement. Their leader isn't stupid he mixed ingredients from Christianity, Buddhism and Taoism to make his cult and now people worship him like a god. I went to one of their art exhibitions recently, it scared me

home_1.png

They don't charge anything for their classes here in the UK and all the online resources are free plus the books are very cheap although rather opaque. It's not made many inroads into traditional TaiChi or QiGong classes here in the UK and has had barely a mention in the TaiChi Union mag. Does seem to be very Chinese indeed so maybe has members amongst the Chinese community here, they keep very much to themselves and tend not to mix or integrate to any great extent.

I wasn't joking saying it is entirely up to the Chinese government to do as they choose. For all the appearance of state capitalism and a lighter touch they are still a totalitarian regime and it'll be another generation yet or so before the workers begin to agitate for more political freedom to go with their new cars, TVs and washing machines. Totalitarian regimes do not like independent organisations outside of their control, they are no different with the unregistered Christian churches anybody caught meeting in secret in an unauthorised church is in big trouble.

That chap who started the Falun Dafa and writes the books lives in the USA by all accounts and in some style and comfort. What I can make of the book I read is that it's a mix of QiGong Plus Spiritualist type healing rather than TCM along with a syncretic cocktail of identity discourse that looks at a cursory glance to have come almost direct via the Christian Israelite canon. He possibly had one of old John Wroe's texts to hand when he wrote some of it, those old books went into China i. Huge numbers from Australia via missionaries early last century and there.'s quite an underground movement by all accounts.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Sign in to follow this